Help with crew retraining in my first tank line (IS-7).

crew training retraining noob help newbie tank line Russian IS-7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Pabben #1 Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

Private

• 666 battles
  • [PATD] PATD
I just followed the noobie recommendation to go for the Russian IS-7 as my first ever tank line since they say it's the tank line that helps newbs learn the game best. I'm about to get the Tier 3 T-46. My question is, should I retrain my tier 2 crew into the T-46? Because due to a mission which gives free tank academy recruitment, all three of my tier 2 crew members are 100%. Should I then move them over to my tier 3? And should I keep moving over the same 3 crew members until, say, Tier X (IS-7)? Or should I just not worry about crew retraining now? If I shouldn't worry about it now, at what tier should I start worrying about retraining crews and transferring them over to the next in line?

AKASHA178 #2 Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 28995 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostPabben, on 03 January 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

I just followed the noobie recommendation to go for the Russian IS-7 as my first ever tank line since they say it's the tank line that helps newbs learn the game best. I'm about to get the Tier 3 T-46. My question is, should I retrain my tier 2 crew into the T-46? Because due to a mission which gives free tank academy recruitment, all three of my tier 2 crew members are 100%. Should I then move them over to my tier 3? And should I keep moving over the same 3 crew members until, say, Tier X (IS-7)? Or should I just not worry about crew retraining now? If I shouldn't worry about it now, at what tier should I start worrying about retraining crews and transferring them over to the next in line?

well moving the crew tier by tier is a good idea, since they get more battle and more skills so when reach tier 10s got 6 to 7 skills maybe more( since personal combat missions are around but was not around before when i started ) which is very good for tier 10s, another option will be to buy a premium tank- Russian -  (buy with gold or cash ) and use it for crew training .

just a suggestion i usually keep the crew for each tank and only move the premium tank crew on tier 10s  and get them new crew again so like that all your tanks in all tiers will get a good crew and 10s get the best crew but this is just me others might have different idea about it 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Pabben #3 Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

Private

• 666 battles
  • [PATD] PATD
The big downside is costs right? I only have 70k coins right now and retraining 3 crew members costs 60k

AKASHA178 #4 Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Smurfette

• 28995 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostPabben, on 03 January 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

The big downside is costs right? I only have 70k coins right now and retraining 3 crew members costs 60k

few days ago there was a discount on crew training i think you just miss it  

better always keep an eye on events so buy and retrain during the events will makes it more easier and cheaper 

Edited by AKASHA178, 03 January 2017 - 03:17 PM.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

tankload #5 Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:17 PM

First lieutenant

• 20899 battles
  • [RAISE] RAISE

A good time to start investing in crew is probably your tier 5/6. Most of the tank tier grinds below will be too little to allow your crew to get to a good level anyway.

Just enjoy your time in tier 1 - 4 as all the tanks there dont really benefit greatly by having way better crew anyway, since a majority of crew there is similarly bad. While you could of course just train them up in lower tiers, the experience gained there is limiting both in numerical and actual game experience and not recommended imo.

As a simple guide, try to aim and get your first skill by tier 6 (like fully trained and into the next skill) , because any tank above that without sixth sense will struggle to compete. Not that i havent done it, but it would be recommended to do so. Feel free to try and get 100% on sixth sense by just staying to play tier 6 for a while.

Information is pretty shit, power is still power

Flying_Elite #6 Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 23762 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Repairs on all. Drop commanders repair for Sixth sense when at 100% and go with repairs again. Then go for snap shot and smooth ride on gunner/driver and camo on the rest. Once both are at 2 skills 100% drop them all for BiA for each crew member, sixth sense again on commander and repairs on everyone else. Start training the same skills again then when at 4 skills do whatever

Spoiler

Facebook | Youtube | SEA Replay Thread | WotLabs Stats | Best Ambush Skills Asia

3 MoE: Crusader

2 MoE: AMX 1390, Skorp G, T-34-3, T-34, T67, M53/M55, WZ-131, STRV m/42-57

NICE MEME

kickim #7 Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

First lieutenant

• 35089 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

First of all, believe tier x IS 7 needs 6 crew members (2 x loaders), so at some point of time, you will need to get 3 more crew members.

Secondly, you will prolly want to keep playing some of the tanks in the line such as IS 3 even after you have elited them and bought the next tank, so you want to keep the crews. Also, you will prolly want to keep playing some of the tier 5-6 tanks to grind credits.

Thirdly, the t46 is a light tank, and when you retrain them to medium tank and/or heavy tank later, they will suffer an additional penalty due to different tank class.

Lastly, frankly for tier 1-4, you sometimes dun even get the crew up to 100 percent on main qualification before you move on to next tank. Most will dump the crew and sell the tank and free up the garage slot. Tiers 5-6 you can prolly start training 1st skill (equip vents for a little extra performance). Tiers 7-8 you might want to retain the skilled crews to next tank. Tier 9-10 better to have many skills.

I would say in general, you will need at the very minimum 3 sets of crews for 1 line. having w prem tank of the right class will help.

infidel23 #8 Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Corporal

• 20769 battles
  • [TE] TE

I would suggest you go down a number of tank lines at the same time. I made the same mistake as you and later realised I should have done things differently. If you just do daily doubles on a few various lines, the result is the grind will take half as many games. The IS7 line is strong, peaking at the IS3 but the IS7 itself is a substandard tier 10 these days, worst gun and DPM in tier 10. It doesn't even have the best turret anymore as that is now the Kranvagn's title now. I think the T110E5 is a better line for new players to go down to learn how to hulldown and results in one of the strongest tier 10's in the game. The T29 is super strong and now that the M103 has been buffed, it's also solid.

I would suggest to grind at least 3 or 4 lines to begin with even if it means just doing daily doubles. If I had to start again, these are the lines I would do:

1. T110E5

2. Object 140

3. IS7

4. Grille 15

At the end you will be left with 4 tanks regularly used for clanwars and at least you will have medium, HT and TD in your garage to do missions etc. The batchat line is also super important but the early tanks like the AMX40 are pure torture!

Also tagged with crew, training, retraining, noob, help, newbie, tank line, Russian, IS-7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users