SPG is sometimes too OP - pls change mechanics

spg op op spg

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think SPGs need changes? (69 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Does SPGs make WoT more addictive?

1. No. SPGs frustrates both tanks and SPG players (36 votes [52.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.17%

2. Yes. SPGs balances WoT (33 votes [47.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.83%

What do you think SPGs should be like?

1. Slow reload snipers at long range (21 votes [30.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

2. Guns with good firepower but bad accuracy (27 votes [39.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

3. Mortars to shoot over houses and mountains (21 votes [30.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

What part of SPG needs to be changed

1. Damage (24 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Blast radius (31 votes [23.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.48%

3. Accuracy (39 votes [29.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.55%

4. Ammunition (16 votes [12.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

5. Gun elevation(ability to shoot over mountains) (22 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Hide poll

Bird1234554321 #1 Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:41 PM

Private

• 8223 battles
  • [138DK] 138DK

Every time when i think i can hide behind a high mountain in slow HTs, SPGs start to shoot over the mountains and keep tracking me. Especially platoons.

SPGs shouldnt be mortars.

SPGs have way too good accuracy.

Premium rounds in SPGs are too OP(m41 HMC in tier 5 has 240mm penetration with HEAT, and do the same damage as HE)

Battle assistant mod is too unfair for other SPG players.

Edited by Bird1234554321, 06 January 2017 - 10:51 PM.

Bird1234554321 #2 Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:55 PM

Private

• 8223 battles
  • [138DK] 138DK

SPGs do destroy tanks when a tank is tracked, but WoT made shooting tanks way too easy. I think SPGs in WoT needs a "SPG mode" when arty players press a button and SPGs lower their recoil spades or lock itself in place. SPGs in that mode wont have that large dispersion after firing, and shooting in a specific angle will be alot more accurate(small caliber guns). Dispersion of SPGs when moving should be dramatically increased, reload time should increase as well, this removes the annoying RNG when SPGs chase people and kill them. SPGs should also not be able to hit the top of tanks. In fact, maps in WoT is a lot smaller than a real battlefield, artillery shoots from kilometers away in WW2, and airplanes spot them. I think the real annoying part of SPGs in WoT is that people keep getting hit behind mountains that they dont think its possible to shoot over. What I really mean is that SPGs should be REALLY LONG RANGE cannons, not mortars. I still agree that large caliber SPGs shouldnt be sniping tanks, maybe WoT should increase the blast radius and give them bad accuracy.

Changes to go with my idea:
faster track repairs
six sense for all spg, and give spg more hp
less spg in a single battle
no platoons for spg
higher chance for spg to get matched on plains maps
swedish tanks should only activate the hydraulics in siege mode, not better accuracy

The_Red_Baron_of_Germany #3 Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:14 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 31835 battles
I just want SPG to get spotted even if it's just on the mini map every time they fire.

AKASHA178 #4 Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 34853 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

View PostBird1234554321, on 06 January 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

SPGs do destroy tanks when a tank is tracked, but WoT made shooting tanks way too easy. I think SPGs in WoT needs a "SPG mode" when arty players press a button and SPGs lower their recoil spades or lock itself in place. SPGs in that mode wont have that large dispersion after firing, and shooting in a specific angle will be alot more accurate(small caliber guns). Dispersion of SPGs when moving should be dramatically increased, reload time should increase as well, this removes the annoying RNG when SPGs chase people and kill them. SPGs should also not be able to hit the top of tanks. In fact, maps in WoT is a lot smaller than a real battlefield, artillery shoots from kilometers away in WW2, and airplanes spot them. I think the real annoying part of SPGs in WoT is that people keep getting hit behind mountains that they dont think its possible to shoot over. What I really mean is that SPGs should be REALLY LONG RANGE cannons, not mortars. I still agree that large caliber SPGs shouldnt be sniping tanks, maybe WoT should increase the blast radius and give them bad accuracy.

Changes to go with my idea:
faster track repairs get your crew skills 
six sense for all spg, and give spg more hp not going to happen before they got more hp and we got only tier 8 spg 
less spg in a single battle now you meet 3 max 4 in game, in my time we face 7 to 9 spg on each side in match how about that?
no platoons for spg not a bad idea 
higher chance for spg to get matched on plains maps it would be awesome but like that they need to change the game system which is impossible 
swedish tanks should only activate the hydraulics in siege mode, not better accuracy 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Quasinerdo #5 Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16767 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Akasha, I think some of your points equate to "suck it up.... we had it worse in the past". The simple matter is that the mechanics of SPG's right now allow a poorly skilled player to have a disproportionate impact on the game. If not the entire match, most definitely on any tank they hit. I disagree with a system that is so binary...... and removes skill from the equation so much.

In past times there were mechanisms in game to combat spg - CB (tracer), scouts etc. None of that exists now due to view ranges of mediums, high mobility and a host of other changes. SPG's are unmolested for the entire match unless a full flank folds. So while we have less of them I still consider their impact to be worse.

Introduction of SPG's with increasingly high trajectories also has a massive amplifying effect on tanker dissatisfaction with them. Authentic "safe spots" become impossible to find on some maps and tanks literally just become an xp bubble. I don't really play my SPGs anymore (I have the full US Line) and am still often caught out thinking I am spg safe before I get hit..... so some of it is my map knowledge but it's also a great deal to do with the poor implementation of SPG's and amplifying effects of successive changes in map design.

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

Zordane #6 Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:36 PM

Corporal

• 17784 battles
  • [-NOS-] -NOS-
Firstly let me start by saying I'm an arty player (85% of my games) but please don't bash me straight up listen to what I have to say and then judge for yourself!!! arty is not a guided missile it doesn't hit every time and it doesn't 1 shot every time either, I still find it ironic that if a tank on the field is shot by another tank and 1 shotted people say rats and move on but if arty does it were a bunch of cheating crooks... Really?? i've had many many  games where ive done my utmost to hit enemy vehicles and maybe got 1 shot out of 7. other games ive done well in, when arty does well were op when arty does bad were noobs and get blamed for the loss (not always) This doesn't seem to happen when you play other tanks why is that??? if I have a great game in any other tank people look at the after match and go well he had a great game but don't dwell on it, they do single the game out though if the high damage was done by an arty, again why is that??? can you be unskilled and shoot stuff with arty? yes you can, but unskilled players in tanks do shoot stuff as well right!! like any vehicle in wot arty does require skill to play its not just point and click you need to know where to go and when, you need to know angles and what tanks are easier to hit than others and when to fire and at who to fire and where on the mini map to concentrate based on team disposition, its not like tank drivers don't do the same thing!! shooting a t67 driving full speed across a field requires skill in arty the same as it does in any tank. Arty has many trade offs just like any other tank yes we can shoot at stuff miles away but we have bad dispersion and shell travel times to consider you try shooting at a light tank at max range when its moving and a shell travel time of 4 secs its not easy, the prob is if and I say if I do hit something at that distance people remember that arty got them and go nuts over it. they don't consider I may have fired at them 5 times and missed!! when many tank players find a good spot and start firing they tunnel vision they see nothing but what there shooting at, if I hit them they get upset that sky [edited] just shot them never mind that I may have been firing at them for 3 mins in the same spot and missed the first 5, people don't remember all the misses they do however remember the hits. Just please remember that like any vehicle in wot don't judge until you experience the other side of the coin, play some games in arty and see for yourself. Cheers  P.S if I could let the cat out of the bag when playing tanks if your spotted keep moving forward back left right it doesn't matter It is VERY hard to hit a moving tank most arty will switch to someone else who is HALF behind a rock and thinking there safe. Have a good one

Bounty #7 Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

First lieutenant

• 13047 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

View PostBird1234554321, on 07 January 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

Every time when i think i can hide behind a high mountain in slow HTs, SPGs start to shoot over the mountains and keep tracking me. Especially platoons.

Premium rounds in SPGs are too OP(m41 HMC in tier 5 has 240mm penetration with HEAT, and do the same damage as HE)

Regarding queries for changes to artillery mechanics, a relevant video was released by Wargaming EU that demonstrates exploration in the second iteration on the Sandbox server for potential alternate mechanics for artillery.

However, take note that ideas/aspects of these potential changes may never reach the live servers (because it's sandbox).

Spoiler

Just thought i'd post this incase you hadn't seen it already.

Cheers,

Bounty

Sir_Direkin #8 Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:32 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10935 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostBird1234554321, on 06 January 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

SPGs have too good accuracy? On what planet? Most shots fired from SPG will miss, either due to RNG, or by trying to hit a moving target with a 2 second lead time. In a match it's quite common to get a ratio of 1 in 4 shots is an actual hit; if you're lucky (or in the case of the SPG, unlucky) it'll just be splash damage, which can be as little as 0hp and critical damage of one module. Right now I'm running a bad streak of 19 shots fired, 0 hits (not even splash); that's 5 games in a row with no damage dealt, and that's down to RNG only! I had to stop playing before I put my fist through the monitor.

Premium rounds may be OP, but who uses them? I don't bother with those any more as they're just too expensive, especially given the base hit rate of standard rounds. With premium you have to have a direct hit, as there is no splash, so already your chances of survival are pretty high, and even if you do get hit, I've seen quite a few of my premium rounds simply bounce off without doing any damage. So if you got killed by a premium round, you can just consider yourself extremely unlucky.

Oh yes, and I should point out that as a support vehicle, SPGs can only be as good as the team they're in. If it's in a bad team where no one spots (common on SEA servers), then SPGs can't do much.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

fire70 #9 Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:08 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33533 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Arty means you can't stay sitting still for too long and most should be able to avoid getting hit all the time.  It has huge "roll of the dice factor" if you are actually going to hit near where you aim, even if you are fully aimed..

Personally I would like to see arty become more accurate but do less damage per shot. 

Lost - 1 signature, last seen about 1 week ago.

Will come to the name Fireguard_.

Please PM me if you find it...

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #10 Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Major

• 10950 battles

I just want  an "Evil Axis" SPG membership card.

You know the one one that Slaps RNGesus silly, and allows 100% Accuracy and Hit Damage.

The current 1 in 5 hits for crap like 20 out of 200 possible damage, makes me believe the claims that the above Card exists.  :trollface:

Personally I'd like a NEW consumable.............

"Damaged in Transit" Consumable.  When used it gives a 50/50 chance of the enemy SPG's ammo supply being incorrectly delivered.  All Enmey SPG ammo is "Mistakenly" supplied as "Ice Creme" Rounds.  Where Now Ice Creme rains from the skies above.

To even it out abit, open top Tanks Crews can be Injured by "Brain Freeze" and work 40% slower for 10 Secs.  :trollface:

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

mttspiii #11 Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29952 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View Postfire70, on 08 February 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

Arty means you can't stay sitting still for too long and most should be able to avoid getting hit all the time.  It has huge "roll of the dice factor" if you are actually going to hit near where you aim, even if you are fully aimed..

Personally I would like to see arty become more accurate but do less damage per shot. 

I'm more afraid of accurate arty (FV304, leFH, BC155 55) than grand-slap arty.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #12 Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:59 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 08 February 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

I'm more afraid of accurate arty (FV304, leFH, BC155 55) than grand-slap arty.

Grinding trough O-1 with bishop, lefefe, and bert rule its tier.. I'll take a direct hit from T92 in any day compared to being chased whole map by those pew-pew arty. 

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

mig31foxhound #13 Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

Frenchie of RTA2

• Beta-Tester
  • 20508 battles
  • [T-B-F] T-B-F
I'm think about making it more realistic: aim time is not a problem, damage is not a problem, accuracy is the problem. Real arty at least pre-70's don't snipe but shower the area with massive barrage to deny the spot. So the (not exactly mine) idea is to increase ROF, increase blast radius, increase ammo cap (if needed), decrease shell cost or increase profitability, and most importantly, increase dispersion. The direct hit is all about luck, and the goal is all about harassment, do little damage over time, and then kills.

Don't mind me, I'm just a green tomato.

I'm just a Derp Apprentice of The Derp Side.

Come to the Derp Side...

Meverick #14 Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

First lieutenant

• 50812 battles
I support SPG as it is, your vote options are biased against SPGs so cant vote. 

Bird1234554321 #15 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

Private

• 8223 battles
  • [138DK] 138DK

WG is testing new SPG mechanics in sandbox, that means SPGs currently sucks.

i just played some battles in t67 and is3, and i got killed by spg 5 times in a row(full hp). i were having great games too.

i see no spg shots miss me.

all direct hit and kill me.

got killed by lower tier and bad accuracy spgs.

the spgs are just crazy(a lot a people says spgs miss shells all the time, but when it hits, it ruins someone's game)

SPGs are also unbalanced(i believe SPGs are meant to kill HTs, but it is the weak armor tanks that suffers)

SPGs in my opinion should earn more money for us to buy tanks, not wasting money on premium HE rounds for damage and WR

WHY SPGS ARE BROKEN:

makes people feel bad(spg player : aww,  i missed all those shots and died with no damage)

(spg player : [edited]! all LTs are dead, i cant do a shit!)

(tank player : WHYY!!! i got 1 hit just because a suicide LT spotted me!)

(tank player : [edited] how did he snapshot me!?)

OP damage trades(average damage received in m44 = 100, average damage dealt = 600(tier 5 HT!!!!!))

(tank players feel even worse when they can only do around 200 damage to SPGs while spgs                                       took away half of their HP, WHAT WE WANT IS DAMAGE!)

NONSENSE ABOUT SPG:

spgs arent op because they get killed by lt all the time(WRONG, even if lt kills them, the trades arent balanced)

TDs are more op because they can do damage easily(WRONG, TDs are targets for spgs all the time, so this               "TD OP thing"makes absolutely no sense)

only noobs get killed by spgs because they dont dodge(WRONG, people can never stay behind cover and i               have seen lots of pros getting killed by spg in a battle)

Bird1234554321 #16 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

Private

• 8223 battles
  • [138DK] 138DK

View PostMeverick, on 16 February 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

I support SPG as it is, your vote options are biased against SPGs so cant vote. 

the first poll question isnt, and its obvious that people think spgs frustrates WoT players alot

glennso #17 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Rocks need a nerf

• Beta-Tester
  • 23177 battles

Arty rn is infuriating but most people have gotten to accept the fact that arty is not gonna be changed drastically anytime soon, not until at least WG prefects it with sandbox which is necessary to ensure they don't release game breaking patches. Ahem *cough* *cough* -t22sr

As long as they don't release t8 prem arty and as long as you don't play too much during x5 where all the arty players appear, rage from getting hit should be manageable.

Also, if a dev sees this PLS HURRY UP ON ARTY CHANGES! we've been waiting for years :(

Bird1234554321 #18 Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

Private

• 8223 battles
  • [138DK] 138DK

a lot of people have been complaining about 9.18 spg changes recently

here is my thoughts:1.no matter what, spg alpha HAS to be nerfed

2.i dont think spgs deserve that large splash radius

(heres the reason: spgs dont require much skill to play, now with large splash radius, its                                                                 even  worse, its pretty much guaranteed damage and stun every shot)

3.what WG should do: -make spgs easy to make money

- let spgs have more hit points

-remove or nerf stun effects( i dont think its that important)

-no platoon for spgs

- probably even less spgs per battle because they kill light armored tanks                                                                                                       way too easily

-dont care about those people who play spgs all the time and say they                                                                                                                dont need a nerf, they dont know how to play a new spg(just ask                                                                                                                   quickybaby, he knows how strong spgs are in 9.18, watch his                                                                                                                        videos and you guys might know what to do)

-make sure every spg is balanced(like lefh is nerfed to hell, need slightly                                                                                               higher alpha damage)

4.focus on the people that play tanks(THIS IS WORLD OF TANKS, NOT ARTY GAME)

even if spgs are weak, just make them earn lots of money, its fine for all of us

its never good to buff spgs for spg players and ruin all the tank players(unless WG                                                                       renames the game to world of artillery - kill all the tanks!!!)

Edited by Bird1234554321, 05 April 2017 - 10:28 PM.

ELIMINATOR_QWE #19 Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

Private

• 13655 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

Almost 4 years of playing this game.. never felt so bad like today after the update 9.18.... ARTIES are really screwing things up.. now they stun u and see u die ... before they used to one shot u..

3 arties per match?? no platoon for arties (thank god)

since 3 is the limit... every match has 3 arties now... before it was common to find match with one or no arties... even an average arty player knows to target very good players or the one is is already getting whacked by an arty in a match..

please WG your 9.18 arty (BUFF or NERF) dint work... just cant play heavies now... i love playing heavies(i knw iam noob)...

in the last few games that i played... there wer  2 or 3 heavies only... [edited]... this is bad...

ELIMINATOR_QWE #20 Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Private

• 13655 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

View PostBird1234554321, on 05 April 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

a lot of people have been complaining about 9.18 spg changes recently

here is my thoughts:1.no matter what, spg alpha HAS to be nerfed

2.i dont think spgs deserve that large splash radius

(heres the reason: spgs dont require much skill to play, now with large splash radius, its                                                                 even  worse, its pretty much guaranteed damage and stun every shot)

3.what WG should do: -make spgs easy to make money

- let spgs have more hit points

-remove or nerf stun effects( i dont think its that important)

-no platoon for spgs

- probably even less spgs per battle because they kill light armored tanks                                                                                                       way too easily

-dont care about those people who play spgs all the time and say they                                                                                                                dont need a nerf, they dont know how to play a new spg(just ask                                                                                                                   quickybaby, he knows how strong spgs are in 9.18, watch his                                                                                                                        videos and you guys might know what to do)

-make sure every spg is balanced(like lefh is nerfed to hell, need slightly                                                                                               higher alpha damage)

4.focus on the people that play tanks(THIS IS WORLD OF TANKS, NOT ARTY GAME)

even if spgs are weak, just make them earn lots of money, its fine for all of us

its never good to buff spgs for spg players and ruin all the tank players(unless WG                                                                       renames the game to world of artillery - kill all the tanks!!!)

A good analysis... 2 or 1 spg is quite ok.. without splash...iam not against arty... but this patch is totally screwing things for heavies and even some light tanks... just snap shot any likely bush a light tank or heavies camp.. and before you know it.. boooom... crew stunned ... then all the 3 the enemy arties will focus fire u (obviously even if its not a platoon)..

Also tagged with spg op, op, spg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users