Tiger 1!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Putakti #1 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

Corporal

• 4848 battles
  • [TODA] TODA

Hi I am just wondering, will there be an improvement on the tiger 1? I used to think that the tiger had really good armor but in the game, seems that almost every time I would get hit, I'd get critically damaged, 1 or 2 modules go down with one or two crew members.Not to mention that it seems to have paper armor in the sense that majority of the shots fired at me would go through. I had a hellcat (which is now bumped up to a higher tier now) back then in the euro server and its armor is just about the same as the tiger's. Its just so frustrating...  I stopped playing this a approx a couple of years ago because of this. To my disappointment, its still the same till now. its just been a few days again that I played.....

Worst is that to pen a tier 8 up is very hard as well. 

Oh to add, its a heavy tank.. doesnt feel like one tho

Edited by Putakti, 12 January 2017 - 09:34 AM.

Ezz #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 53093 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
If i reply does this count as necroing a 2011 topic?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed!

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Those who think the Tiger I suck suck. 

Its DPM is stupid high, its pen is also high, its mobility is good, those who can't use the gun should probably rethink a lot...

Okay, to be serious, it got a DPM buff that now makes it stupidly good.

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 12 January 2017 - 08:57 AM.

TxTheBest #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 18148 battles
  • [RATZ] RATZ

View PostPutakti, on 12 January 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Hi I am just wondering, will there be an improvement on the tiger 1? I used to think that the tiger had really good armor but in the game, seems that almost every time I would get hit, I'd get critically damaged, 1 or 2 modules go down with one or two crew members.Not to mention that it seems to have paper armor in the sense that majority of the shots fired at me would go through. I had a hellcat (which is now bumped up to a higher tier now) back then in the euro server and its armor is just about the same as the tiger's. Its just so frustrating...  I stopped playing this a approx a couple of years ago because of this. To my disappointment, its still the same till now. its just been a few days again that I played.....

Penning 8s is hard?!? 203mm isnt sufficient enough to pen tier 8s, you say? Surely you have been misguided.

U need to Learn HOW TO play the tank, Learn WEAKSPOTS, ANGLE you're armor, USE the damn German engine & ABUSE you're DPM.

Need I say more?

Tx

(Sorry If I'm too salty, Side Effects of three marking a Sherman)

Edited by TxTheBest, 12 January 2017 - 09:20 AM.

signature.png 

"Hope is being able to see Light despite all the Darkness."

3 MOE Tanks(1) : M4 Sherman

2 MOE Tanks(13) : Cromwell, T-34-85, Panther 8.8, Churchill III, T-43, T37, KV-85, Pz. IV H, T32,Excelsior, IS-3, HT NO VI, StuG III G (Latest)

BlackWaltz03 #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:22 AM

Corporal

• 14062 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

View PostPutakti, on 12 January 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

The only improvement in terms of protection when you go from the VK 36.01 H to the Tiger I is the side armor. VK 36 has 60 mm side armor, while the Tiger I will get 80. This will substantially improve your sidescraping (search up what sidescraping is if you don't know how to do it yet; it's very important for flat armored tanks like the Tiger). Also, learn how to hull down since the Tiger's turret can be a bit troll at times since its mantlet is unevenly distributed throughout its turret face, allowing for quite a number of freak bounces. Even its cupola has some spaced armor on it.

What the Tiger I lacks in sloped angled armor, it will make up for with sheer DPM, accuracy, and penetration.

It's a great tank regardless of what tier match it gets put in so long as you know how to play it. It's a bully when top tier, able to kill lower tier tanks within a few seconds due to its withering rate of fire; it's a support brawler when midtier, firing over the shoulders of your higher tier allies, putting in shots while the enemy are reloading and providing covering fire for your own allies while they're reloading, and a good sniper tank when lowest tier, still able to do damage to the weak spots of top tier enemy tanks even at range due to its good German accuracy.

All in all, in game, the Tiger I isn't the heavily armored monster that history made it to be. It is still however the monster sniper that was capable of sniping dozens of allied tanks from afar. If you want an armored Tiger, go for the Tiger P. It's like a Tiger I, but it has some more armor welded to its front -- at the cost of speed and DPM. Tiger P has a number of weakspots though, so I'd say that Tiger P sacrifices too much for its additional armor. I think Tiger I still is the better tank overall.

For my setup:
I equip it with Gun Rammer for even more DPM, Binoculars for when I play it more like a sniping medium when lowest/mid tier, and Vents to further improve both DPM and view range.

Here's some stats for you to look at:

http://tanks.gg/wot/...EA200.c:tiger-p

Edited by BlackWaltz03, 12 January 2017 - 09:22 AM.

The_Red_Baron_of_Germany #6 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 31378 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

From a player who loves his tiger H so much he 3 marked it, I say that it's actually OP. It just needs to position very well to abuse the ridiculous DPM and some meat shield (allied tanks :trollface:) to take the damage for it on higher tier games.

A note of advice for using the armor. Don't peek first when you are side scraping, bait them to shoot your strong side armor and then and only then you fire two shells back, cause if you don't, your side scraping is pointless since they can shoot your weak frontal armor when you can shoot them. Also if you can shoot them while "side scrapping while hidden at a corner" you are most of the time over angling or not angling enough (depends on enemy orientation relative to you).

Hard to Read, Color changed to Fire Brick.
~Flying_Elite
You can use Fire Brick as a color choice, please don't use the orange you used. Cheers

Edited by Flying_Elite, 12 January 2017 - 10:49 AM.

U12D13 #7 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

Captain

• 28215 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
If one plays like a bot, then no number of buffs will ever make you better. It just helps others wreck you.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

BlackWaltz03 #8 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

Corporal

• 14062 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

View PostU12D13, on 12 January 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

If one plays like a bot, then no number of buffs will ever make you better. It just helps others wreck you.

Great help, this comment is. Haven't you noticed that this is the New Players' section? If he plays like a bot, then teach him how to play instead of insulting him.

Ezz #9 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 53093 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostBlackWaltz03, on 12 January 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Great help, this comment is. Haven't you noticed that this is the New Players' section? If he plays like a bot, then teach him how to play instead of insulting him.

It's a key realisation most new players need to make. It's not the tanks or the MM making them shit, it's them. So many new players want to absolve themselves of their role in their shit stats that the sooner they learn to accept this, the sooner they can begin their improvement.

Edited by Ezz, 12 January 2017 - 11:55 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed!

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

U12D13 #10 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

Captain

• 28215 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostBlackWaltz03, on 12 January 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

If one plays like one. 

In which line did I say he did? 

Ooohh. You the judging one. :>

Edit: And this should not be in the new player's section by the way. Seeing as how this is more of a "returning player that still cannot understand game mechanics and how to use them" kind of thread. 

Edited by U12D13, 12 January 2017 - 11:54 AM.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

neokai #11 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

SealClub Number 9

• Forum Moderator
  • 33565 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

Moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

~neokai

Spoiler

iDd_Sloth #12 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

First lieutenant

• 23397 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

Lemme guess, you're thinking about the Tiger I's armor in reference to what you've read when it was deployed during WW II.

The Tiger I that time was facing mostly M4's(Tier V tank here) hence it's armor will HOLD while facing those type of tanks.

But on this game it is tiered up with IS/IS2/T29s and the like, those tanks were made to go thru the Tiger I's armor much like so in actual deployment though it's rare that they actually faced off with exception to the T29 (1947).

-----------------------------------------------------

The Tiger I on this game is a DPM monster not a breakthrough tank so play it to it's strength instead of tanking hits.

And the German HT's are not an easy line to play, try the RU HT's as they are more forgiving and can bounce a hit or two.

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

jessica_raven #13 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• 15933 battles
You play stock tiger now right? No worry, its good when elite. But tier 7 are really harsh to play imo. Dont stick long there, get yourself a tier 9 or 10. You can compesate your lack of skill/reflex with firepower. Even more so if you pick arty.
Wot.. Wot never change..

LupisVolk #14 Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

First lieutenant

• 10321 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 12 January 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Those who think the Tiger I suck suck. 

Its DPM is stupid high, its pen is also high, its mobility is good, those who can't use the gun should probably rethink a lot...

Okay, to be serious, it got a DPM buff that now makes it stupidly good.

This is the normal tiger right? Not the P right?

Wise words one said in general chat:  "MM doesnt suck. MM works as intended. Players dont."

Otakubouzu #15 Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

Major

• 14054 battles

View PostLupisVolk, on 12 January 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

Yes.

Tiger P DPM is not comparable at all to Tiger H.

MagicalFlyingFox #16 Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostLupisVolk, on 12 January 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

There's no Tiger(P) mentioned so no.

The_Red_Baron_of_Germany #17 Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 31378 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostLupisVolk, on 12 January 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

If one says tiger, it is automatically considered as the Tiger H.

RalphTheTheatreCat #18 Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

SealClub Number 10

• Beta-Tester
  • 11519 battles

I haven't tonked for 18 months and even with my shit memory I can still tell you that its a good tank.

Top tier bully and mid/low tier sniper.   People who think its bad seems to get hung up on history......................

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Putakti #19 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

Corporal

• 4848 battles
  • [TODA] TODA

Did I post in an advanced players category? Funny how so many love to just bash to say how good they are... I had an game where I was shooting a kv4 flat on its side real close and none of my shots went through. Regarding armor, well maybe 70% of those hitting me are good enough to cause damage to my modules and kill my crew.  Anyway, thanks for the info  BlackWaltz03 and The_Red_Baron_of_Germany

iDd_Sloth #20 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

First lieutenant

• 23397 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

Tiger I is a good tank to keep enemies at arm's length always, not up front and personal specially if you're up against higher tiered Heavies and on that case KV4 which is know for high armor values all around.

Orient yourself on tank weakspots and on what angle is it best to engage.

If you're not using the 8.8L/71 you can't do much against a KV4 unless you're willing to use premium rounds and even then it's still not a good chance.

Tiger I is best on a 2 for 1 exchange specially if it's against an HT.

Again I have to reiterate of your need to know the tanks that you'd be facing and how best to engage them since the tank you've chosen to use is not exactly a beginner friendly tank.

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users