Advice for T26E4 (SuperPershing)

T26E4 Super Pershing Advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

JohnnyBro #1 Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:12 PM

Corporal

• 7945 battles
  • [AAS] AAS

Hello fellow tankers! This is my first forum post, me being relatively new to tanks (I say new because I only have 4,000+ games under the belt)

I've had my Super Pershing for a while now. I regularly use to get steel wall on the basis that I could angle my armour and deflect the majority of shots. As of recent, I've found no matter how I angle my frontal plates, I seem to be penetrated on a regular basis (Of course, my Lower plates, but my upper plates as well!). I'm not sure if I've been unlucky against tankers who load gold at the sight of a Super Pershing, or if the Super Pershing's armour doesn't perform as well as it use to. The selling point of this tank was the armour , and I can't seem to use it as effectively as I use to (The only reason I bought it was the armour, because the gun is quite pathetic for it's tier, and the maneuverability is a joke...).

If someone can diagnose my problem, or even give me advice on how I should use the Super Pershing, it would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

~Johnny

Ezz #2 Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 53010 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
One of the keys to the SP (or pretty much any tank that relies on armor) is knowing what your effective armor is, and what the pen is of the enemies you are facing. In the case of the SP the key effective value when front on is ~220 for your UFP and ~200 for your lower. So if you see an enemy with a ~180 pen gun, then you'll be in good shape. If you come up against something with ~250 pen, then you're going to have to work. In other words i'd advise learning a great deal about the various guns you could face, and then learning when you can rely on your armor, and when you will have to be a lot more conservative with it.

Edited by Ezz, 23 January 2017 - 12:25 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed!

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #3 Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
And also never show your side.

spacewolf #4 Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62666 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Watch this - good for lols at the least.

It depends on where you're getting penned bud. The SP is a good little number, but it has it's weaknesses. That turret is soft all over - the cheeks, the twin gun thingy on top, the commander hatch. Side of course - try not to expose your side as much as you can, and try to stay semi mobile (a stationary SP is a dead SP).

JohnnyBro #5 Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

Corporal

• 7945 battles
  • [AAS] AAS

View PostEzz, on 23 January 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

One of the keys to the SP (or pretty much any tank that relies on armor) is knowing what your effective armor is, and what the pen is of the enemies you are facing. In the case of the SP the key effective value when front on is ~220 for your UFP and ~200 for your lower. So if you see an enemy with a ~180 pen gun, then you'll be in good shape. If you come up against something with ~250 pen, then you're going to have to work. In other words i'd advise learning a great deal about the various guns you could face, and then learning when you can rely on your armor, and when you will have to be a lot more conservative with it.

I've do research into tanks which pen me... The Lowe for example, I was surprised when the Lowe penned my upper plate, but later realised, that the Lowe's premium rounds had more than enough penetration to break through even a highly angled frontal plate. It's this reason I tend to play support in the Super Pershing. Premium Round and Super Pershings don't mix :P Thanks for the feedback!

View Postspacewolf, on 23 January 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

Watch this - good for lols at the least.

It depends on where you're getting penned bud. The SP is a good little number, but it has it's weaknesses. That turret is soft all over - the cheeks, the twin gun thingy on top, the commander hatch. Side of course - try not to expose your side as much as you can, and try to stay semi mobile (a stationary SP is a dead SP).

I do love this guide. Watched it a long time back... Laughed and learned from it. I apply a lot of what I've seen in this guide to battle, and no doubt is it helpful. One thing I wasn't aware of, is how reliant a Super Pershing is on movement. Looking at it now, it does reduce the odds that your enemies can lock onto your weak spots. Thanks for your feedback!

Much appreciated guys, I'll apply what I can to battle. If I have any problems I'll come back and ask for a bit more advice. Not use to the Super Pershing being so prone to damage now! (I've bounce over 5,000 damage with this thing in the old days... want to replicate that now! :)

spacewolf #6 Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62666 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostJohnnyBro, on 23 January 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

I do love this guide. Watched it a long time back... Laughed and learned from it. I apply a lot of what I've seen in this guide to battle, and no doubt is it helpful. One thing I wasn't aware of, is how reliant a Super Pershing is on movement. Looking at it now, it does reduce the odds that your enemies can lock onto your weak spots. Thanks for your feedback!

No worries. Reading what I wrote I probably should have been a little more specific - when I mean stay semi mobile I mean just try to make sure you move when close to enemy....but I think you knew what I meant anyways. One thing an SP isn't is mobile...but continuous unpredictable movement does make your weak points harder to hit. Anyway you seem to have got the point, so all good.

JohnnyBro #7 Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:44 PM

Corporal

• 7945 battles
  • [AAS] AAS

View Postspacewolf, on 23 January 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

No worries. Reading what I wrote I probably should have been a little more specific - when I mean stay semi mobile I mean just try to make sure you move when close to enemy....but I think you knew what I meant anyways. One thing an SP isn't is mobile...but continuous unpredictable movement does make your weak points harder to hit. Anyway you seem to have got the point, so all good.

Yeah, I completely understood what you were getting at. If I start moving, odds are I'll reveal my sides to the enemy like a fool. I do little things like raise my gun and wiggle my turret to try and make a miss out of what could be a highly damaging hit. 

Also tagged with T26E4, Super Pershing, Advice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users