Jump to content


Tier 6 and Tier 8 is killing the global map

Pins BookShelf Dead Plants

  • Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

MagicalFlyingFox #1 Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:16 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 25610 battles
  • 11,524
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

As per title, Its about time to put another thread up since its another season of CW.

 

I count 4 clans contesting the early split in tier 10s. 6 in the later for now. 

 

Tier 8 has a larger amount of clans participating on both sides, tier 6 even greater still. 

 

 

Sure, the lower tiers are for worser clans, but all it is doing is diluting the post game of World of Tanks. How are clans supposed to learn how to do clan wars in the higher tiers?

What is the point in getting tier 10s? Some of these clans are capable of tier 10 CW. Up the stakes, increase the disparity at least and plain remove the tier 6 map altogether. 

 

If clan wars is going to continue to be a thing outside of campaigns, the current implementation killed it off 2 years ago.

 

As suggested, here's a list of the things i believe need to happen to breathe life back into all of CW.

  • Removal of tier 6 - It is a stupid tier to do CW in. There is less than half the amount of players required in tier 10 games, it is mainly mobile T37/Crom spam with a sprinkling of T-150s and O-Is. The skills which transfer into higher tier CW are minimal. It doesn't prepare you for higher tiers. 
  • Reduction of the tier 8 map size and rewards - This would push the saturated tier 8 map to spill into tier 10 which should be the goal of CW, end game content. Tier 10 is the pinnacle of World of Tanks and should be treated that way. Tournaments are in tier 10, tier 10 CW offers more teamwork and a broader tank selection to increase variety of tanks used and strats. Better than IS-3/Ltwt spam. 
  • Increase size and maybe rewards in the tier 10 map - Should be done to accommodate increase in participation, more rewards might aid in enticing clans over. Remember, pinnacle of World of Tanks, aim of CW.
  • Remove tank locking (temporarily) - Many clans that try to go onto the global map are experiencing issues with their tank numbers as they are all relatively newer clans with a lack of members or simply don't have enough depth in their accounts. This should remove that barrier to allow for greater participation and more battles as there is one less thing to worry about. Tank locking is discouraging tier 10 CW and so should be temporarily removed.


The clans which cannot field tier 8 teams should be aiming on merging with other clans or continue recruiting more players.Tier 8 clans should be looking at the same thing for tier 10s. But most importantly, there needs to be a vision for CW which WG seem to have misplaced with CW2.0. 

 

 


Edited by Centurion_IRL, 25 August 2017 - 12:18 PM.


xRainbowAssassinx #2 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

    Captain

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 27718 battles
  • 1,569
  • [LIFE] LIFE
  • Member since:
    03-10-2013

tier 6 must be dropped. agree.

do skirmishes if your "practising"


Edited by xRainbowAssassinx, 29 January 2017 - 05:46 PM.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

 


JordyBro #3 Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 20383 battles
  • 994
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    12-25-2012

The introduction of 6's and 8's have ruined CW. No argument. I think it's great to have an option for clans to try and get a taste for CW however do that in strongholds.

Personally having tasks to achieve for gold/victory points is a nice change up but still the core of Clan Wars should be tier 10 multiple battles throughout all time zones.

 

I assume Mobius you cannot change the CW setup too much as it would have to conform with the other servers. I can solve this CW dillema in a day. A ladder system separated by divisions, like most sport. There is incentive's to being promoted such as higher gold on offer for the higher divisions, give clans the opportunity to fight one another attack and defend to move up and down the ladder...

 

Such simple options to fix the mess CW has become


 


IND_Rayudu_ #4 Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 37931 battles
  • 375
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
  • Member since:
    03-09-2013

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 29 January 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

As per title, Its about time to put another thread up since its another season of CW.

 

I count 4 clans contesting the early split in tier 10s. 6 in the later for now. 

 

Tier 8 has a larger amount of clans participating on both sides, tier 6 even greater still. 

 

 

Sure, the lower tiers are for worser clans, but all it is doing is diluting the post game of World of Tanks. How are clans supposed to learn how to do clan wars in the higher tiers?

What is the point in getting tier 10s? Some of these clans are capable of tier 10 CW. Up the stakes, increase the disparity at least and plain remove the tier 6 map altogether. 

 

If clan wars is going to continue to be a thing outside of campaigns, the current implementation killed it off 2 years ago.

 

agree


 


_EzioAuditore_ #5 Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 52680 battles
  • 4,495
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012

REMOVE_T6_CW_FROM_THE_GAME

Like seriously that's what skirmishes are for, t6 cw/sh requires very little skill and rewards bad strats like 7 O-I on mountain pass, which can't be broken unless you spot them for arty without getting lit, because then they will rush down and kill you etc.

t8 cw is still understandable for those clans who wish to progress to clan wars but are still unsure about how many tier xs they can field etc, and serves as a stepping stone.


T55A Get! 263/300 done with honors!  65/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif
 


_Storm #6 Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:40 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 14395 battles
  • 5,544
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013
Won't ever happen, the more pubbies that can play = happier they are = more money they can spend, removing that is like removing arty, sure it would be good for the game and wg have known it for years, but money.

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 25610 battles
  • 11,524
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View Post_Storm, on 30 January 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Won't ever happen, the more pubbies that can play = happier they are = more money they can spend, removing that is like removing arty, sure it would be good for the game and wg have known it for years, but money.

 

Exactly. Remove tier 6 and more people will buy gold to free exp up to 8s and 10s.

MeisterP #8 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 16077 battles
  • 380
  • [NYAA] NYAA
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

Atm, I see that WG is banking on allowing T6, but making it SO [Redacted] that people get hooked _then_ fxp to T8.

 

I don't think the latter part is happening.

 

Inappropriate content removed. User sanctioned

 

>Bas_Dearg


Edited by Bas_Dearg, 31 January 2017 - 03:19 PM.

NYAA Tank Idol Project 5th LiVE confirmed!!


Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #9 Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22425 battles
  • 855
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-15-2014

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 30 January 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

REMOVE_T6_CW_FROM_THE_GAME

Like seriously that's what skirmishes are for, t6 cw/sh requires very little skill and rewards bad strats like 7 O-I on mountain pass, which can't be broken unless you spot them for arty without getting lit, because then they will rush down and kill you etc.

t8 cw is still understandable for those clans who wish to progress to clan wars but are still unsure about how many tier xs they can field etc, and serves as a stepping stone.

^^^^ this... If you want to learn... Go do [Removed] t6 SH.... Remove t6 CWs... Reduce the number of t8 provinces... And increase/incentivise the tens for lesser clans.... (Like with campaigns, getting bonus for defeating a clan with far higher Elo etc) - easy to manage because it's obvious asf if anyone tries to rig it so can easily police it if issue arises... And Promotes clans that stick to seal clubbing t6 who really should be doing tens...... To go do [Removed] tens... (Stares at all the Thai and Taiwan clans >.> )

 

Filter Bypass; Content Removed, User Sanctioned.

/Bounty


Edited by Bounty, 30 January 2017 - 09:29 PM.

3Moe Tanks: VK28.01 (1st and most proud of), IS6

2Moe Tanks: Batchat 25T AP, T54light, 416, IS3, ScorpionRHM, RHM(15cm), WZ-132, T21, PZ IV H, M4, KV1s, 

Spoiler

 


JordyBro #10 Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:49 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 20383 battles
  • 994
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    12-25-2012

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 30 January 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

^^^^ this... If you want to learn... Go do [Removed] t6 SH.... Remove t6 CWs... Reduce the number of t8 provinces... And increase/incentivise the tens for lesser clans.... (Like with campaigns, getting bonus for defeating a clan with far higher Elo etc) - easy to manage because it's obvious asf if anyone tries to rig it so can easily police it if issue arises... And Promotes clans that stick to seal clubbing t6 who really should be doing tens...... To go do [Removed] tens... (Stares at all the Thai and Taiwan clans >.> )

 

Why don't you do 10s?

Edited by Bounty, 30 January 2017 - 09:29 PM.
Quote Updated

 


Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #11 Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22425 battles
  • 855
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-15-2014

View PostJordyBro, on 30 January 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

 

Why don't you do 10s?

 

http://forum.worldof...2-map-rotation/

this^ because the landing zones in our tz, you know it to (the maps are not diverse)

 

also, did you find anything with your "report" on our clan member? :P

i heard word that there was nothing wrong with the replays. and you should apologize :hiding:

 

Please keep CRD in the correct forums

 

>Bas_Dearg


Edited by Bas_Dearg, 31 January 2017 - 03:22 PM.

3Moe Tanks: VK28.01 (1st and most proud of), IS6

2Moe Tanks: Batchat 25T AP, T54light, 416, IS3, ScorpionRHM, RHM(15cm), WZ-132, T21, PZ IV H, M4, KV1s, 

Spoiler

 


MagicalFlyingFox #12 Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 25610 battles
  • 11,524
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

To sum up the main points on bringing CW back to being actually good:

  • Remove tier 6. It is useless.
  • Reduce Tier 8 map size. It is a 'training pool' supposedly, so should have less land.
  • Increase incentive to play tier 10, make map larger. 

 

Tier 8 is training, tier 10 LZ battles should be where clans go to practice their tier 10 CW every night with clans of similar skill level. Increasing province numbers will increase LZs which would mean big clans will still dominate but won't dominate the entire map without caller burnout/too many battles. 

A gradual change is preferable, and as they say, better late than never. 



SkimsAU #13 Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 43240 battles
  • 323
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-05-2013

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 29 January 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

As per title, Its about time to put another thread up since its another season of CW.

 

I count 4 clans contesting the early split in tier 10s. 6 in the later for now. 

 

Tier 8 has a larger amount of clans participating on both sides, tier 6 even greater still. 

 

 

Sure, the lower tiers are for worser clans, but all it is doing is diluting the post game of World of Tanks. How are clans supposed to learn how to do clan wars in the higher tiers?

What is the point in getting tier 10s? Some of these clans are capable of tier 10 CW. Up the stakes, increase the disparity at least and plain remove the tier 6 map altogether. 

 

If clan wars is going to continue to be a thing outside of campaigns, the current implementation killed it off 2 years ago.

 

 I say same more than half yea? and we are still at same situation

 



MagicalFlyingFox #14 Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 25610 battles
  • 11,524
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View PostSkimsAU, on 30 January 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

 

 I say same more than half yea? and we are still at same situation

 

 

The problem STILL hasn't been dealt with and CW is STILL dying. This topic will continue to be brought up until CW gives no rewards and no challenges because only 10 people feel like playing it.

JordyBro #15 Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 20383 battles
  • 994
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    12-25-2012

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 30 January 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

 

http://forum.worldof...2-map-rotation/

this^ because the landing zones in our tz, you know it to (the maps are not diverse)

 

also, did you find anything with your "report" on our clan member? :P

i heard word that there was nothing wrong with the replays. and you should apologize :hiding:

 

I heard there was nothing found in the replay also, however blind man could see the clear use of aa+ in that replay which was illegal at the time. Regardless I did not send the report and couldn't care less.

I find the hypocrisy funny, so many clans currently screwing around at 8's who publicly advocate tier 10 CW. Any excuse though

 

Please keep CRD in the correct forums

 

>Bas_Dearg

 


Edited by Bas_Dearg, 31 January 2017 - 03:22 PM.

 


IMC_Jimmy #16 Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15784 battles
  • 159
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    02-28-2013

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 30 January 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

 

http://forum.worldof...2-map-rotation/

this^ because the landing zones in our tz, you know it to (the maps are not diverse)

 

also, did you find anything with your "report" on our clan member? :P

i heard word that there was nothing wrong with the replays. and you should apologize :hiding:

 

Sir robin, if u want to ask Jordy out on a date, you should just ask mate, he's only human

 

Lets try and stay on topic and leave the personal stuff out of the forums

 

>Bas_Dearg


Edited by Bas_Dearg, 31 January 2017 - 03:28 PM.

www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest 

ibianconeri #17 Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

    Captain

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 26980 battles
  • 1,459
  • [-4S-] -4S-
  • Member since:
    04-20-2013
Well if they do really remove tier 6, maybe it's time to say goodbye to my current clan. And this would be rise another problem, the lesser/weak/declining clan may not be able to play CW anymore and they'll either remove themselves completely from this game or learn some native language of another country to be able to get in some good clan which is now completely dominated by Japanese, Taiwanese etc. And the stronger clan might be able to abuse the tier X just like VPA did or maybe my clan -4S- did in the past(I'm new breed and I just get in to the clan when the clan already dying). Despite all of those, I wouldn't mind if the tier 6 got removed completely and limit the map in tier 8. But at least give SH more incentive like give it more credits or maybe gold after some certain battle. So that the lesser clan could have CW experience without even have to field 15 players in the real CW.

signature.png

"All the good things come to those who wait"


MagicalFlyingFox #18 Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 25610 battles
  • 11,524
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View Postibianconeri, on 30 January 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Well if they do really remove tier 6, maybe it's time to say goodbye to my current clan. And this would be rise another problem, the lesser/weak/declining clan may not be able to play CW anymore and they'll either remove themselves completely from this game or learn some native language of another country to be able to get in some good clan which is now completely dominated by Japanese, Taiwanese etc. And the stronger clan might be able to abuse the tier X just like VPA did or maybe my clan -4S- did in the past(I'm new breed and I just get in to the clan when the clan already dying). Despite all of those, I wouldn't mind if the tier 6 got removed completely and limit the map in tier 8. But at least give SH more incentive like give it more credits or maybe gold after some certain battle. So that the lesser clan could have CW experience without even have to field 15 players in the real CW.

 

Tier 6 SH does not need more incentive. Earning boxes is fine, you get many credits anyways. But increasing credit earning potential of tier 10 SH sounds very good to get more people playing it. 

Politx_killer #19 Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

    Loard of Luck™

  • Beta-Tester
  • 40642 battles
  • 6,871
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-19-2012
Bring back tier 4 CW please.
 
 
(Siggy/Joc just for you guys)

Edited by Politx_killer, 30 January 2017 - 05:11 PM.

Forever duelling with pistols for Reaps hat collection.

Also just for Feet


Jezzalenko1978 #20 Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:21 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 30497 battles
  • 288
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013

View Postibianconeri, on 30 January 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Well if they do really remove tier 6, maybe it's time to say goodbye to my current clan. And this would be rise another problem, the lesser/weak/declining clan may not be able to play CW anymore and they'll either remove themselves completely from this game or learn some native language of another country to be able to get in some good clan which is now completely dominated by Japanese, Taiwanese etc. And the stronger clan might be able to abuse the tier X just like VPA did or maybe my clan -4S- did in the past(I'm new breed and I just get in to the clan when the clan already dying). Despite all of those, I wouldn't mind if the tier 6 got removed completely and limit the map in tier 8. But at least give SH more incentive like give it more credits or maybe gold after some certain battle. So that the lesser clan could have CW experience without even have to field 15 players in the real CW.

 

4 Salamis looking for numbers - and not being able to farm mad goldz?   

 

What has the world come to   !?!?!? :great:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users