• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

MagicalFlyingFox #41 Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:26 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwhynotnowtoday, on 10 February 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

best thing about the test server for sea players as it takes away a lot of the really good players from the normal server allowing for the not so good players to have some fun and actually do damage and kill stuff on the normal server .. 

hahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

mttspiii #42 Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36129 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

Can't believe I missed out on this thread...

1) TOG II* is now the slowest tank in-game.

2)

- Accuracy: O-Ho's 950-damage derp gun has 0.54 acc, so I'm guessing WG simply continued the trend. Though I do find it interesting that WG decided to attach the entire length of  barrel; it's a gun and should indeed have decent accuracy and HE penetration on-par to its counterparts: (T30: L/40 for 0.37 acc, E-100: L/38 for 0.4, Borsig: L/29.5 also 0.4, SU-152: L/27.5 for 0.5), though I guess WG could justify it with the age of the guns, and that they're rusting away in coastal batteries.

- Penetration: I'd be surprised the Type 0 shell would have that much penetration at all; it's an anti-aircraft shell thus necessitating a hair-trigger nose fuse. Type 4 prem shell is an actual anti-submarine shell with penetrative qualities even if it packs less bursting charge than the Type 0 (no idea where the extra damage in-game comes from lol), since it has to go through 8 meters of water (pretty damn hard at that velocity) before cutting through <80mm of submarine steel; I think WG does not justify the Type 4's HE penetration sufficiently. So we should have 2 shells: the standard Type 0 HE shell with ~30mm pen and >1100 damage, the premium Type 4 HE shell with ~85-100mm pen and <1100 damage (so it's 150mm HEP)

- A third shell?: The 15cm/50 actually has a third shell: a new ASW shell, designed with even better penetration than the Type 4, with the same bursting charge (and thus damage) as the Type 0, but travelling at 1/3 the muzzle velocity of its counterparts, so you have practically in-game HESH but with even worse velocity thus needing you to get near to use properly.

- Gameplay: it's a derp, and is justified in-game's stats as it's a derp. Just wish its gun barrel is shorter and the module labeled properly.

3) Well wow the smaller turret space on the PzVII fits the better gun as compared to the Maus? Yeah...sure.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Rhogath #43 Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 13507 battles

View Postmig31foxhound, on 10 February 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Tier 10 derp gun is gonna be the best thing I'm gonna come across. Why do you even mind about it? Isn't there already 'skill-less' vehicle called 'arty' AKA 'clicker' bombing your roof already? So why do you even mind flat trajectory arty? Beside, there must be diversity or it will be pointless to play Japanese heavy just to get barn-sized version of VK7201 that trade pen for a little more alpha. But I do agree that prem HE shell is kinda stupid.

it's more just the poor implementation of the gun. I've got mixed feelings about it but I'll speak in support of the gun.

Think about it, all the 152-155mm guns on tier 10 TDs have the same 1,100 damage on their HE with 90mm of penetration and 0.36 accuracy (theres are average stats). Then the Type 5 comes in with 1,100 damage, 75mm of pen and 0.48 accuracy... why the difference in penetration and accuracy? Then there's the ridiculously unnesesary premium.

But the main difference between the Type 5 and the other 152-155mm guns (that are already arguably better HE rounds) is that they load AP as well. They have monsterous derp potential, more so then the Type 5 but they aren't called derp guns for the reason that they also load AP.

With this it makes sense to give the gun AP as its standard ammo, that great HE as the standard HE and then either not give it premium rounds or maybe give it another type of ammo for premium. Hence why I suggested the 15cm/45 41st year as it actually loaded AP and HE

Or, as Mttdpii said, it has those three types of HE shells and continues its raign os the Emperor of Derp

Edited by DeadArashi, 11 February 2017 - 12:48 AM.

MagicalFlyingFox #44 Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDeadArashi, on 11 February 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

it's more just the poor implementation of the gun. I've got mixed feelings about it but I'll speak in support of the gun.

Think about it, all the 152-155mm guns on tier 10 TDs have the same 1,100 damage on their HE with 90mm of penetration and 0.36 accuracy (theres are average stats). Then the Type 5 comes in with 1,100 damage, 75mm of pen and 0.48 accuracy... why the difference in penetration and accuracy? Then there's the ridiculously unnesesary premium.

But the main difference between the Type 5 and the other 152-155mm guns (that are already arguably better HE rounds) is that they load AP as well. They have monsterous derp potential, more so then the Type 5 but they aren't called derp guns for the reason that they also load AP.

With this it makes sense to give the gun AP as its standard ammo, that great HE as the standard HE and then either not give it premium rounds or maybe give it another type of ammo for premium. Hence why I suggested the 15cm/45 41st year as it actually loaded AP and HE

Or, as Mttdpii said, it has those three types of HE shells and continues its raign os the Emperor of Derp

The premium HE shell is outright better than the normal HE shell, having 1400 damage making it a derp gun. It has enough alpha to absolutely ruin someone's day if they pen. The other guns besides the JPE and 183s can only dream of 1400.

that alpha is quite comparable to a lower tier derp. 

Rhogath #45 Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 13507 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 11 February 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

The premium HE shell is outright better than the normal HE shell, having 1400 damage making it a derp gun. It has enough alpha to absolutely ruin someone's day if they pen. The other guns besides the JPE and 183s can only dream of 1400.

well, why not treat the gun as an artillery gun and give it the same 1,250 alpha dmg on its standard rounds as the Bat-Chat 155 58? Give the premium HE either more pen or more blast radius but purely more damage like it is is straight pay to win considering you don't need to pen to deal damage

mttspiii #46 Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:21 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36129 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 11 February 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

I admit though, the problem with O-Ho is that while the 900-damage HE is intimidating at tier 7 and downright abuse at tier 6, it's rather lackluster on tier 8. Derp guns should scale up the tiers similar to how normal guns do, which is exactly why WG introduced a 1100-alpha shell (or as DeadArashi mentioned, should be bumped up to 1250-alpha since it's a dedicated howitzer in-game and not a gun).

But there should be a weakness for the premium HE shell compared to the normal HE shell, which is why I suggest nerfing some other parameter, like say shell velocity. Thus the farcical suggestion for the ASW shell that travels at 250 m/s, (in comparison, the theoretical normal derp's HE Type 0 clocks in at 850 m/s, the Grille 15 at 1350 m/s, and the IS-5 at 1400 m/s).

Edited by mttspiii, 11 February 2017 - 11:22 AM.

mig31foxhound #47 Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

Frenchie of RTA2

• Beta-Tester
  • 20593 battles
150 extra damage gonna be sweet and find another solution for gold later (larger splash radius for trololo purpose, IMO). But giving AP shell you gonna get a bigger E-100 so it leads to another question why do you play tier 10 Japanese HT in the first place when you can get compact version of it in German line.

Here you go, a flat trajectory arty with fully rotation turret at tier 10, there is nothing like it, a completely new thing not just a remixed of existing tanks of the same tier. This make O-P uhh O-I not just something worth keeping.

Don't mind me, I'm just a green tomato.

I'm just a Derp Apprentice of The Derp Side.

Come to the Derp Side...

pokeranger24 #48 Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles

guys do u know where can i post suggestions in the sandbox server ? I am having a bloody awaful time in the Jagdpanther and everytime I take it out I lose money with the 105 mm gun and my win rate is plummeting because of it

PS. my current win rate in the Jagdpanther is only 37%. Laugh if u want  :(

The only thing that Jagdpanther does is looks cool

Edited by pokeranger24, 11 February 2017 - 06:35 PM.

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

On that note Check out my website - blueheavenplants.com

Rhogath #49 Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:25 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 13507 battles

View Postpokeranger24, on 11 February 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

guys do u know where can i post suggestions in the sandbox server ? I am having a bloody awaful time in the Jagdpanther and everytime I take it out I lose money with the 105 mm gun and my win rate is plummeting because of it

PS. my current win rate in the Jagdpanther is only 37%. Laugh if u want  :(

The only thing that Jagdpanther does is looks cool

Honestly, you're better off just posting your thoughts/opinions/experiences on the regular forum under the German TD section HERESandbox really isn't the place for minor tank changes and further more it's currently still testing features on tier 10 tanks only

pokeranger24 #50 Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles

View PostDeadArashi, on 11 February 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

Honestly, you're better off just posting your thoughts/opinions/experiences on the regular forum under the German TD section HERESandbox really isn't the place for minor tank changes and further more it's currently still testing features on tier 10 tanks only

Thanx I will do that 

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

On that note Check out my website - blueheavenplants.com

MagicalFlyingFox #51 Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postmttspiii, on 11 February 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

I admit though, the problem with O-Ho is that while the 900-damage HE is intimidating at tier 7 and downright abuse at tier 6, it's rather lackluster on tier 8. Derp guns should scale up the tiers similar to how normal guns do, which is exactly why WG introduced a 1100-alpha shell (or as DeadArashi mentioned, should be bumped up to 1250-alpha since it's a dedicated howitzer in-game and not a gun).

But there should be a weakness for the premium HE shell compared to the normal HE shell, which is why I suggest nerfing some other parameter, like say shell velocity. Thus the farcical suggestion for the ASW shell that travels at 250 m/s, (in comparison, the theoretical normal derp's HE Type 0 clocks in at 850 m/s, the Grille 15 at 1350 m/s, and the IS-5 at 1400 m/s).

Or just remove it altogether. IT ISN'T NECESSARY.

Have the premium round be the Japanese AP round dedicated for it like in WoWS. 

mttspiii #52 Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36129 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 12 February 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

Or just remove it altogether. IT ISN'T NECESSARY.

Have the premium round be the Japanese AP round dedicated for it like in WoWS. 

Probably a novelty bit on WG's part to do that; I mean just recently they released the Ikv 103 with two HEAT shells, the sprem being better in every possible way over the standard, sans price. Japanese MT's have AP standard, and AP premium; sprem being totally better as well.

Perhaps it's the nation trait? Sprem >>> normal rounds.

Rhogath #53 Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:41 AM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 13507 battles
^^ not a good national trait to have, but a national trait none the less ^^

Theo57 #54 Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 12832 battles
  • [AKARI] AKARI
I feel the new Panther is taller than Panther II, model error?

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #55 Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:19 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles

View Postmig31foxhound, on 11 February 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

150 extra damage gonna be sweet and find another solution for gold later (larger splash radius for trololo purpose, IMO). But giving AP shell you gonna get a bigger E-100 so it leads to another question why do you play tier 10 Japanese HT in the first place when you can get compact version of it in German line.

Here you go, a flat trajectory arty with fully rotation turret at tier 10, there is nothing like it, a completely new thing not just a remixed of existing tanks of the same tier. This make O-P uhh O-I not just something worth keeping.

This, people dont grind Japan HT just to play bigger E100. We want huge derp gun heavy. Its a bit lame if it got prem AP instead of HE. 

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users