Bad_Tactics

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Sir_Direkin #81 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:03 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10959 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostEzz, on 28 February 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Imo it's one of the reasons AW never took off. Segmenting a player base effectively killed their PvP mode. But to be fair i suspect many who jumped ship for them did so because they found the PvP elements of WoT a bit too toxic. As i tell some of the pubbies i meet, some people aren't cut out for competitive gaming. Be it in their ability, their approach or their attitude.

It depends on how it's set up. Have it so you get no vehicle/crew experience, shots on team mates always bounce, minimal credits as a reward (just a bit more than enough to cover ammo costs of standard ammunition), no repair costs. So it's effectively a large multiplayer training battle against AI, and given the setup people would likely get bored of it eventually, and will have to return to PvP at some point to train up crew, refill the coffers, etc. On the other hand, is it really that good for training? Real players play better than AI... No, let me take that back. Good players play better than AI, so it's debatable whether or not the training would be all that beneficial.

Btw, what's AW?

Edit:

Ninja'd by Sloth, and having read his post I'll have to add that the trick is to set it up so people don't want to stay in PvE since that mode seems to cause segregation of players.

Edited by Sir_Direkin, 28 February 2017 - 09:13 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Ezz #82 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65478 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSir_Direkin, on 28 February 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

It depends on how it's set up. Have it so you get no vehicle/crew experience, shots on team mates always bounce, minimal credits as a reward (just a bit more than enough to cover ammo costs of standard ammunition), no repair costs. So it's effectively a large multiplayer training battle against AI, and given the setup people would likely get bored of it eventually, and will have to return to PvP at some point to train up crew, refill the coffers, etc. On the other hand, is it really that good for training? Real players play better than AI... No, let me take that back. Good players play better than AI, so it's debatable whether or not the training would be all that beneficial.

Btw, what's AW?

Edit:

Ninja'd by Sloth, and having read his post I'll have to add that the trick is to set it up so people don't want to stay in PvE since that mode seems to cause segregation of players.

PvE as a purely training option could work without segmenting things. However one suspect the game developers don't feel it's worth investing in the AI if it isn't tied very closely to their business model.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

kickim #83 Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

First lieutenant

• 45953 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Had an epic clutch game last night on windstorm where I spawned South in my E50, tier 10 game. (Sorry no replay, I play at café;)

We had a lot more heavies, enemy had more meds... naturally all our heavies lemminged to town..and with them a few meds n TDs...

Not unexpectedly, enemy meds soon gained control of the western flank and proceeded to circle around our cap while our heavies crossed the bridges and cleared out enemy side of town.

3 times I pinged F7, but none of the heavies turned to help. Seeing that our 2 lights are no match for their tier x meds, I decided to abandon them turn tail and run (E50 not a fast tank so I needed more time to get away)

I barely made it across the bridge when enemy batchat started sniping me from the hills behind cap.

Our heavies though cleared town, but found that they couldn't push out of town... at this point I was pretty dead certain we are gonners. Enemy had the numbers advantage as well as control of most of the map, we prolly only had armour and HP advantage.

The next few minutes were the most stressful I have ever experienced as I had to trade fire from 3 different directions against a batchat, t49, Foch and leo 1 (or pta, I can't recall).. took a lot of hits, bounced a few, but managed to land some shots. We were trapped in narrow alleys full of dead tanks, taking shots from multiple directions with very little room to maneuver...

We got whittled down to 3 tanks, an obj263, cent7/1 and myself down to 1 shot health, I was ready to die.

I dunno how, but somehow, we survived, the incoming shots dropped off... our obj 263 started to chase down the remaining enemy tanks with the cent helping... and we freaking won it.

I was 4th on damage, 2nd on xp.

We would have lost if the enemy bothered to cap.

Sir_Direkin #84 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10959 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

Last night we had 5 heavies hiding behind a building from two enemy light tanks...

Just now we lost a battle because one IS at full health ran away from a Chaffee with a third health.

Who knew that LTs were so scary?

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

Ezz #85 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 65478 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Rarrrr!

That's light speak for I'm gunna [edited] your shit up if you even think about it. Sadly only works on sub 46%ers.

Edited by Ezz, 16 March 2017 - 07:08 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #86 Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 15 March 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Last night we had 5 heavies hiding behind a building from two enemy light tanks...

Just now we lost a battle because one IS at full health ran away from a Chaffee with a third health.

Who knew that LTs were so scary?

I've been seeing this "A LOT" more than Usual.

I can confirm it's "Very" scarey, once you realise they are Spewing Gold, working as a team, and your armor is now as USELESS as your speed.  :arta:

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Quasinerdo #87 Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 16789 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Anecdotally I would say I have seen a lot more Lemming trains since the last patch. Maybe it's a herd behaviour for heavy tanks? I think it was rarer in the past when those who have undergone a life of wrote learning just blindly drive to the prescribed location for their tank class (god forbid someone look at team compositions or the mini map for roll-out or enemy locations).

I don't know what is driving it but I am fighting my instinct to defend the indefensible and just go with the train. Usually up front or I'll lag  at the back so I can at least defend it or get to base fast.

Static play seems to be back in vogue too on some maps. Not sure if it's the new server pop mix , the patch impact or just he moon but it is as frustrating as the usual antics on here.... only different :).

KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."

iDd_Sloth #88 Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 27451 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

Nah it's usually the arty.

They tend to make HTs behave cautiously and timid.

Specially when there's 3.

The rain of death BC-155-58.

The AP firing Object 261.

The orbital ion cannon  CGC

And the big boomstick T92HMC

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

Sir_Direkin #89 Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10959 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostiDd_Sloth, on 16 March 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

The orbital ion cannon  CGC

So that's what's referred to as the orbital ion cannon. I'll have to see some gameplay on that, but essentially it's the arty equivalent of the Death Star? Heh! Awesome.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #90 Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

First lieutenant

• 36841 battles
i saw a streamer playing on russian server and using xvm and there were a lots of reds/oranges and potatoes there too, more than in our servers at least watchin the stream for some 1 hour is what i noticed

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

MagicalFlyingFox #91 Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 30897 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

well of course considering their server is about 50x as active as ours.

Which means more players that are in all skill levels.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users