Jump to content


Pay to win comfirmed


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

TCYH #1 Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44654 battles
  • 126
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

Just take a look at any type 5 heavy test server review u will see how unrealistic is this tank, better frontal armor and bigger than maus but move quicker, with no frontal weakspot gg wargaming.

No alternative but to press 2.

 

Appreciate the buff of german tanks, how about the t55a? If u check vBAddict it is one of the WORST CREDIT MAKING tank, it is unbelievably costly to play!!! Would WG try to consider reducing the ammo or repair price?

 

http://www.vbaddict....ldname=creditsn


Edited by TCYH, 15 February 2017 - 08:38 PM.

 


RainbowAssassin #2 Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

    Apache Attack Helicopter

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 42278 battles
  • 2,200
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
  • Member since:
    03-10-2013
t55a is very similar to t54, but it is slightly worse IMO.
 
Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Object 907, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, T110E4, E100, TVP T 50/51, OBJ. 260, T110E3, STB-1, FV4005 Stage II, T95/FV4201, M48A5 Patton, E 50 Ausf. M, 113, Strv 103B, Obj. 268 4, AMX 13 105, Panhard EBR 105, Foch 155, K-91, T110E5, AMX M4 mle. 54, T92 HMC, Object 261, Foch B, Pz.Kpfw. VII, T95E6

 


 

 


KuroYukiOuji #3 Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

    Major

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 18897 battles
  • 2,093
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    01-07-2014

View PostTCYH, on 15 February 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

Just take a look at any type 5 heavy test server review u will see how unrealistic is this tank, better frontal armor and bigger than maus but move quicker, with no frontal weakspot gg wargaming.

No alternative but to press 2.

 

Appreciate the buff of german tanks, how about the t55a? If u check vBAddict it is one of the WORST CREDIT MAKING tank, it is unbelievably costly to play!!! Would WG try to consider reducing the ammo or repair price?

 

http://www.vbaddict....ldname=creditsn

 

Er type 5 heavy armor too thich = P2W, what?

 

And T-55A is similar to T-54, except that it's for better players who spam more HEAT, so of course it is costly to play.



JOC469 #4 Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:15 AM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles
  • 5,611
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012
I can't see the JP Type 5 Heavy ANYWHERE in the premium gift shop! How can this tank be pay to win if you can't pay for it anywhere?

 

 


spacewolf #5 Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

    I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

  • Beta-Tester
  • 83202 battles
  • 3,060
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostJOC469, on 16 February 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

I can't see the JP Type 5 Heavy ANYWHERE in the premium gift shop! How can this tank be pay to win if you can't pay for it anywhere?

 

You pay for it with the souls of a thousand teary pubbies.

Proudly sponsored by WG

 

 


TCYH #6 Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44654 battles
  • 126
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostKuroYukiOuji, on 15 February 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

Er type 5 heavy armor too thich = P2W, what?

 

And T-55A is similar to T-54, except that it's for better players who spam more HEAT, so of course it is costly to play.

press 2 = premium ammo

 Better players who spam more HEAT isnt this pay to win again?

T55a is similar to T 54 but it is worse than T 54, that speed and armor, so wg rewards players with a worse tank...

I mean you have to pay for more in order to play and win the game ... BTW those who abuse HEAT is not better players


Edited by TCYH, 16 February 2017 - 03:09 PM.

 


GunnyB #7 Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 16228 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013

View PostTCYH, on 16 February 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

press 2 = premium ammo

 Better players who spam more HEAT isnt this pay to win again?

I mean you have to pay for more in order to play and win the game ... BTW those who abuse HEAT is not better players

 

Or just grind some credits....???

JOC469 #8 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:45 AM

    Carried by [KELLY]

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles
  • 5,611
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View Postspacewolf, on 16 February 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

 

You pay for it with the souls of a thousand teary pubbies.

 

I hope so. I can't wait for the patch to drop now.

 

 


FadingNeptune #9 Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

    Always blame Hema!

  • Senior Moderator
  • 35097 battles
  • 1,947
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

View PostTCYH, on 15 February 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Appreciate the buff of german tanks, how about the t55a? If u check vBAddict it is one of the WORST CREDIT MAKING tank, it is unbelievably costly to play!!! Would WG try to consider reducing the ammo or repair price?

 

It's a reward tank, not a premium. It also has better soft stats on it's gun than the T-54 so you can pen more of your shots reliably. It's also East-German/Russian so only 1/4 right that it's german???
 

View PostTCYH, on 16 February 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

 

 Better players who spam more HEAT isnt this pay to win again?

 

I mean you have to pay for more in order to play and win the game ... BTW those who abuse HEAT is not better players

 

Pressing 2 is not pay to win, you can buy those shells with in game credits. Doesn't matter if someone decides to shoot something with more pen, at least they actually did damage. Plenty of reds spam prem shells and don't pen anything...
 

Uh...no you don't have to pay WG a cent in order to win the game, a large amount of players earn their prem tanks through clan gold and buy a tank that way and spam it until  they can afford a game :P

What about players that abuse APCR? 


    

 

Spoiler

 


TCYH #10 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44654 battles
  • 126
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013
Hey Flying_elite what do you feel about the type 5 heavy in the test server?

Edited by TCYH, 17 February 2017 - 04:26 PM.

 


TCYH #11 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44654 battles
  • 126
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostFlying_Elite, on 17 February 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

 

It's a reward tank, not a premium. It also has better soft stats on it's gun than the T-54 so you can pen more of your shots reliably. It's also East-German/Russian so only 1/4 right that it's german???
 

 

Pressing 2 is not pay to win, you can buy those shells with in game credits. Doesn't matter if someone decides to shoot something with more pen, at least they actually did damage. Plenty of reds spam prem shells and don't pen anything...

 

Uh...no you don't have to pay WG a cent in order to win the game, a large amount of players earn their prem tanks through clan gold and buy a tank that way and spam it until  they can afford a game :P


What about players that abuse APCR? 

 

Losing like 6km top speed and 20mm armor in t55a in return for a slighty better gun? I don't think it is worthy.

 

Also, how do you prove a large amount of players earn their premium tanks through clan gold?  

Abusing any premium shell no matter heat or apcr is bad players. 

 

What I want to say is looking at how wargaming is altering the game, like introducing OP premium tanks for instance Scorpion G, making more new OP regular tanks like the Grille 15 while most of the old tanks didnt get buffed ( It took them so long to realize Grille 15 has to be nerfed) and now making an impenetrable Type 5 heavy in test server is making the game worse. Like how can you make a tank with no frontal weak spot and have freaking 280+ armor, forcing anyone facing it to fire premium shell, spending even more credits especially in playing tier X, WG tank balancing is so great.

 

The 'pay to win' concept is rooted in wargaming and this is the real problem, of course you can buy premium shells with credits and gain credits by playing regular tanks, but I wonder if the awful balancing keeps coming how much more can you pay for the game in the future in order to play effectively?


Edited by TCYH, 17 February 2017 - 04:51 PM.

 


FadingNeptune #12 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

    Always blame Hema!

  • Senior Moderator
  • 35097 battles
  • 1,947
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

View PostTCYH, on 17 February 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

Losing like 6km top speed and 20mm armor in t55a in return for a slighty better gun? I don't think it is worthy.

Also, how do you prove a large amount of players earn their premium tanks through clan gold?  

Abusing any premium shell no matter heat or apcr is bad players. 

If you don't like it, then don't play it? It's still an extremely reliable tank and the fact that it can aim it's shots faster than the normal 54 means you don't need to rely on your front plate as much. The extra DPM is great btw

have you seen what clans do when they can farm gold? (not so much applicable anymore)
Eh a purist opinion. Think what you want but doesn't mean you're any more right or wrong than myself.


    

 

Spoiler

 


TCYH #13 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44654 battles
  • 126
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostFlying_Elite, on 17 February 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

If you don't like it, then don't play it? It's still an extremely reliable tank and the fact that it can aim it's shots faster than the normal 54 means you don't need to rely on your front plate as much. The extra DPM is great btw

have you seen what clans do when they can farm gold? (not so much applicable anymore)
Eh a purist opinion. Think what you want but doesn't mean you're any more right or wrong than myself.

I didnt say I am more right and you are more wrong... it is just a harmonious discussion.

If you feel like a slightly better gun can compensate for the speed lose and make t55a better than 54 then it is fine.


Edited by TCYH, 17 February 2017 - 04:57 PM.

 


FadingNeptune #14 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

    Always blame Hema!

  • Senior Moderator
  • 35097 battles
  • 1,947
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

View PostTCYH, on 17 February 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Hey Flying_elite what do you feel about the type 5 heavy in the test server?

 

In it's current state, annoying but a good challenge for myself and players 

    

 

Spoiler

 


FadingNeptune #15 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

    Always blame Hema!

  • Senior Moderator
  • 35097 battles
  • 1,947
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

View PostTCYH, on 17 February 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

I didnt say I am more right and you are more wrong... it is just a harmonious discussion.

If you feel like a slightly better gun can compensate for the speed lose and make t55a better than 54 then it is fine.

 

I know you didn't :p just saying it's your opinion and thats it :p

    

 

Spoiler

 


mig31foxhound #16 Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:42 PM

    Frenchie of RTA2

  • Beta-Tester
  • 20593 battles
  • 3,897
  • Member since:
    03-08-2012

View PostTCYH, on 15 February 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

Just take a look at any type 5 heavy test server review u will see how unrealistic is this tank, better frontal armor and bigger than maus but move quicker, with no frontal weakspot gg wargaming.

No alternative but to press 2.

 

Appreciate the buff of german tanks, how about the t55a? If u check vBAddict it is one of the WORST CREDIT MAKING tank, it is unbelievably costly to play!!! Would WG try to consider reducing the ammo or repair price?

 

http://www.vbaddict....ldname=creditsn

 

And it also almost 40 tons lighter and has weaker side and rear armor both hull and turret.

Are you going to say no to gold? Flank it then its side and rear armor isn't like 400mm isn't it?
 

Making credit at tier 9, especially with Soviet high tier 100mm gun, are you serious? And yes, as replies before me, it's a reward tank.


Don't mind me, I'm just a green tomato.

I'm just a Derp Apprentice of The Derp Side.

Come to the Derp Side...


TCYH #17 Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44654 battles
  • 126
  • [G-I] G-I
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View Postmig31foxhound, on 18 February 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

 

And it also almost 40 tons lighter and has weaker side and rear armor both hull and turret.

Are you going to say no to gold? Flank it then its side and rear armor isn't like 400mm isn't it?
 

Making credit at tier 9, especially with Soviet high tier 100mm gun, are you serious? And yes, as replies before me, it's a reward tank.

If it is that easy to flank a tank...

I am not saying to make credit at tier 9 , but maybe lose less credit given that it is not as gd as t 54?


 


iDd_Sloth #18 Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 29483 battles
  • 859
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

I earn my credits on Tier 8 to pay for my premium shots on my Type 5 heavy ... So. How is it pay to win?

With your skills you can easily earn your credit to pay for any of your Premium rounds.

I'm not as good as you but I'm not in the red to pay for my Premium rounds.

And with reference to your skills and level of competency, surely you can find ways to flank a slow moving Type 5 Heavy.


When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.


Quasinerdo #19 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 17001 battles
  • 826
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

The described P2W theory is that players will just pay for gold and credit packages, premium tanks, premium time etc to more effectively finance their premium ammo spamming.

 

No amount of wordplay will change the fact that paying real money reduces or removes the need to spend time "grinding credits". Even those of you that use this as a "Not P2W" defence play premium account and often run premium or pref mm tanks. It's about opportunity cost.... and if you put more cash in you can spam more premium ammo more frequently per unit time played.

 

Personally I'd applaud WG if they ditched premium ammo and balanced the game around the remaining ammo types. I don't like the pay-more-to-pen application that in many instances negates superior play by another player. A limit on premium carriage may also assist but ultimately be pointless or inherently discriminating on some high alpha guns due to the number of shots made in a battle.



 

 KraftLawrence - "Don’t be that guy camping and doing nothing while your team dies on another flank – then farm 3k damage and complain your team sucks. That guy is the worst."


Genesong #20 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

    #GetChieftainaChieftain

  • Beta-Tester
  • 16350 battles
  • 1,558
  • [IRISH] IRISH
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012
Its only Pay To Win if its only accessible with money. Gold shells can be bought with credits (Earnable) so not P2W. The T-55A and Type 5 can't even be bought with real money.

                                                                                                         

       signature.png





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users