Crew training and transferring to another tank

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Arane99 #1 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

Private

• 6587 battles

Ive read that crew members can get new skills when they reach 100% basic training and that if you transfer them to a new tank, their basic training will go down. Right now Im playing tier 5 medium and my crew's basic training is around 90%.

Question: Should I continue to grind until my crew gets 100% basic training to get their 1st skill? Or should I transfer the crew to a tier 6 medium tank (with basic training loss) and continue towards my 1st skill? Thanks in advance.

edited for clarity.

Edited by Arane99, 28 February 2017 - 10:07 AM.

Ezz #2 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 63817 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I find it easier to explain by referring to them as training and skills separate.

Ie your basic training gets to 100%, and then you can start adding more skills (which also go up by percent).

When you shift to a new tank, your basic training % is impacted, but not any additional skills you were working on.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

reasnd #3 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 35101 battles

I think the answer is a matter of what is important to you.

If you are done with a tank and looking to play the next tank you should probably re-train your crew. 

For me unless the tank is a real dud I keep it and can't bear the though of retraining another crew in it so I normally get a new crew. My stats aren't anything special so I don't have to worry about the drop in performance because I have a 75% crew in a tank. Just remember that if your crew don't have a lot of exp then transferring them can sometimes be worse than getting a new crew. I'm not going to go into it in depth but in your case, transfering your crew to another same class/nation tank for credits would reduce their exp by 10%. So a 90% crew will drop to 81%, purchasing a new crew for credits (same cost) will give you an exp level of 75%. I think its 20% exp reduction for free, which in your case would leave you with a 72% crew compared with a 50% crew if you were to get a new free crew. Of course if you have the money of spare gold you could retain all your exp.

It's up to you.

EDIT: Bear in mind crew exp does have a bearing on game enjoyment. No one likes to see and M41 Walker Bulldog charge up to an OI, miss 10 shots in 20 seconds with a potential of 1500 damage and get ammo racked running away. All because their crew skill was low and they couldn't adjust their play style to compensate.

Edited by reasnd, 28 February 2017 - 10:31 AM.

_WMD_ #4 Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 44990 battles

If you dont have a premium tank then start a new tier 6 crew at 75%, keep training tier 5 one
Then keep tier 6 tank as a credit making tank, move the tier 5 crew into tier 7 thus giving you two reasonable crews. Instead of just 1 good crew

You'll want tier 6s to make credits, because at tier 7 onwards losing a battle will cost you credits and running higher tiers gets more expensive
As a Note WG often run yearly special events (modes) which gift 100% crews out.

Edited by _WMD_, 02 March 2017 - 05:25 PM.

Shad0: You know that time when there was a King Tiger on 2 HP and another King Tiger on Full life ? And the King Tiger rammed uphill in slow motion, for 1 HP and then kept fail ramming until he was killed by the a 1 Hit point tank. Was the stupidest tank ever
Shad0: You are now that Noob KingTiger
Me: D:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users