Jump to content


9.17.1 Stronghold update: Feedback and issue report [Updated Apr21st]


  • Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

BetterThanjEbUs #41 Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 15968 battles
  • 33
  • [EMPYR] EMPYR
  • Member since:
    10-19-2013

View PostMobius99, on 06 March 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

The prime time was originally setup based on peak hours of Asia server, will see if we can move/extend the time a bit.

 

I get the thinking, but am I right in guessing that this is peak hours by total player population?  ie, its people playing predominantly random battles?  I'd imagine the more organised battles, skirmishes, clanwars etc could probably have involvement from committed players outside of the general population peak.  I guess the handy thing with skirmishes is you can presumably trial earlier start time & it doesn't have the same impact that making changes to the global map would.



forze0028 #42 Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 37564 battles
  • 11
  • [DUCE] DUCE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2013
I would like more materials to be obtained.
Currently it is only possible to make reserves, it is difficult to raise the level of the facility.
Can I increase the number of materials I can get?
Or can we reduce the resources needed to raise the level of the reserve or facility?

Edited by forze0028, 06 March 2017 - 05:08 PM.


ro_ot #43 Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 14225 battles
  • 7
  • [DUCE] DUCE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2014
I think unnecessary to indicate Corps Soldier.
Because we can't see matching waiting room if rooms don't indicate Corps Soldier.
Request to change open room or invitation room like training room.

Edited by ro_ot, 06 March 2017 - 11:57 PM.


 

_Cesium_ #44 Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 19444 battles
  • 339
  • [RAISE] RAISE
  • Member since:
    03-26-2013
Most clans are playing tier 6 skirmish instead of tier 8s and tier 10s. WG reducing the number of players required for tier 10 skirmish from 15 to 10 is to encourage and allow more clans to play tier 10s but it doesn't seem to be working as intended. Out of all the clans that are not playing tier 6s which is already very little, most if not all of them are choosing tier 8s over tier 10s hence making the queue very long because there aren't enough clans playing. Clans can wait for over 10 minutes during prime time and not get any battle because there's no clan playing.

WG should try to address this issue.


Player1022 #45 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 13346 battles
  • 4
  • [MJB] MJB
  • Member since:
    02-01-2016
too long match time

aurora97 #46 Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

    Major

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 28172 battles
  • 2,068
  • [CALM] CALM
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

not sure if anyone raised this before...

 

When i scroll my mouse over to my mates in the fried list, i can see that they are either in platoon, random battle or clan war.

 

However, those playing SH, their status is listed as "Advance". The mode "Advance" is not available. is it a bug?


 
 

halkeye #47 Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 17902 battles
  • 6
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    05-11-2013

We have 4 issue to address.

 

In our opinion Skill-based matchmaking is not working well at least in Asia server. It narrows matchmaking and makes it less variety.

 

We would like to know how many teams are in queue/in battle. We do not want to waste our time waiting, not knowing if there is any team playing.

 

We understand WG is trying to promote more tier10 SH, but tier10 SH has low profit and lose lots of credit in loses. We do think profit rate should be improved in tier10 SH. 

 

It would be nice to know how much dmg has dealt with airstrike/artillery support.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Mobius99 #48 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 9901 battles
  • 207
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-09-2013

Skirmishes prime time will change soon to adopt with Asia server's activities/multiple timezone.

 

Also we are about to move to next test phase in following week, and expect to have some fixes at the same time.



Ezz #49 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 52286 battles
  • 31,389
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

The credit economy has been an issue for stronks from day one. You suspect they'd have to make it credit neutral in all three tiers to see what players actually want to play.

 

But of course that would equate to WG giving something away just to try to promote organised competitive play.


Edited by Ezz, 08 March 2017 - 03:27 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed!

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


Mobius99 #50 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 9901 battles
  • 207
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-09-2013
SH Economic model is one of the key feature we want to review in the new SH mode, and may be changed in the future too depend on test results.

BetterThanjEbUs #51 Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:16 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 15968 battles
  • 33
  • [EMPYR] EMPYR
  • Member since:
    10-19-2013

View PostMobius99, on 08 March 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

Skirmishes prime time will change soon to adopt with Asia server's activities/multiple timezone.

 

Legend!!  Cheers Mobius

moyzie #52 Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

    Tinfoil Theorist

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 9450 battles
  • 201
  • [AAS] AAS
  • Member since:
    11-19-2014

I could get in to the skirmish a few days ago I got in one team and as soon as I got into the battle the screen went black and froze, it seems, but no I went and made a coffee came back and the game was over we won but no damage by me and a huge amount of abuse in garage for being a bot. 

 

then the second game was in a cue but I had to shut down the game to get out of the cue.

I thought it was a 5 min time out? 

 

Now all I get is a spinning cogwheel and a fuzzy olive coloured screen. and no stronghold battle page. 


Edited by moyzie, 10 March 2017 - 05:39 AM.


MakinoMaria #53 Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 19833 battles
  • 26
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012

1.more exp and credits

2.when player's total battles for sh over 500 / 1000 (what ever WG wants) pay them golds / personal reserves

3.old patch for sh  , when players join , don't need any loading time

4.it's a big problem , 15 252u??? not funny when i pick other tanks. even if i pick 252u and play it for 1 day???really boring



yamato_noob #54 Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 22383 battles
  • 32
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    05-26-2014

Hello Mobius99

Thank you for working to improve.

 

As i checked above comments, what i couldnt find out is about credit income per battles in Tier10 Skirmishes. 

 

About Tier10 SH , It is really nice and brave full decision to make 15->10 players in 1 team for Tier10 SH, cuz most clans cant have 15 players even its prime time in Asia server.

 

But for now, its really difficult to enjoy Tier10 SH cuz we cant find any team playing. When we try to do Tier10 SH, I announce in twitter to invite other JP clans and finally we can start playing.

I believe The reason why ppl dont want to play tier10 SH is u can earn verylittle credit in Tier10. and when u lose the game you lose 20~30k credit. Because there is no Premium tanks in Tier10.

 

If you improve credit income in Tier10 SH, Im sure it will be more active and it will be fun for players, and encourage players to grind new tier10 tanks means WG can fund more income. 

 

Sry for long post and Thx for working hard. 

 

Cheers


  Stream URL <a data-cke-saved-href='https://www.twitch.tv/yamato_noob/profile' href='https://www.twitch.tv/yamato_noob/profile' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='https://www.twitch.t...to_noob/profile</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='https://www.twitch.t...oob/profile</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='https://www.twitch.t...profile</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='https://www.twitch.t...ile</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='https://www.twitch.t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='https://www.twitch.t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>https://www.twitch.t.../a></a></a></a></a>        


neokai #55 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

    SealClub Number 9

  • Forum Moderator
  • 33423 battles
  • 6,991
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    06-07-2013

View Postyamato_noob, on 11 March 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Hello Mobius99

Thank you for working to improve.

 

As i checked above comments, what i couldnt find out is about credit income per battles in Tier10 Skirmishes. 

 

Cheers

 

View Posthalkeye, on 06 March 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

 

We understand WG is trying to promote more tier10 SH, but tier10 SH has low profit and lose lots of credit in loses. We do think profit rate should be improved in tier10 SH. 

 

 

But I agree, we want tier X SH to be at least credit neutral to reduce the barrier of entry for clans.

 

That, or make tier X more attractive compared to tier 8 or 6, whether by industrial resources earned, or some unique resource that only tier X grants (maybe charges for War Dept orders?).


Spoiler

_EzioAuditore_ #56 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 51874 battles
  • 4,449
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012

View Postneokai, on 12 March 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

 

 

 

But I agree, we want tier X SH to be at least credit neutral to reduce the barrier of entry for clans.

 

That, or make tier X more attractive compared to tier 8 or 6, whether by industrial resources earned, or some unique resource that only tier X grants (maybe charges for War Dept orders?).

maybe have increased profit, or doing tier x sh gives you level XII credit reserve for sh only? Like the ones we got as compensation, 150% credit booster for doing tier x would mean you can actually make credits, and or maybe allow clans to build level XII credit reserve ONLY for tier x.

Probably some ideas should come up as well but so far this is what i can see that will make tier x sh more worthwhile for me(although i do enjoy doing tier x sh over t8 sh, i do need credits..)


T55A Get! 259/300 done with honors!  63/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta 2 mark: m46, is-7, e100, t62a, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif
 


Mobius99 #57 Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

    Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 9901 battles
  • 207
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-09-2013

View Postyamato_noob, on 11 March 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

But for now, its really difficult to enjoy Tier10 SH cuz we cant find any team playing. When we try to do Tier10 SH, I announce in twitter to invite other JP clans and finally we can start playing.

I believe The reason why ppl dont want to play tier10 SH is u can earn verylittle credit in Tier10. and when u lose the game you lose 20~30k credit. Because there is no Premium tanks in Tier10.

 

If you improve credit income in Tier10 SH, Im sure it will be more active and it will be fun for players, and encourage players to grind new tier10 tanks means WG can fund more income. 

 

Sry for long post and Thx for working hard. 

 

Cheers

View Postneokai, on 12 March 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

But I agree, we want tier X SH to be at least credit neutral to reduce the barrier of entry for clans.

 

That, or make tier X more attractive compared to tier 8 or 6, whether by industrial resources earned, or some unique resource that only tier X grants (maybe charges for War Dept orders?).

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 12 March 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

maybe have increased profit, or doing tier x sh gives you level XII credit reserve for sh only? Like the ones we got as compensation, 150% credit booster for doing tier x would mean you can actually make credits, and or maybe allow clans to build level XII credit reserve ONLY for tier x.

Probably some ideas should come up as well but so far this is what i can see that will make tier x sh more worthwhile for me(although i do enjoy doing tier x sh over t8 sh, i do need credits..)

 

Like Ezio said, there are boosters allow clans to increase battle reward in SH, and also there will be special tasks that give additional reward for SH battles when new SH fully online.

 

Thanks for all the concern in the new SH mode, and we will keep checking if there's anything need to be changed and try to make it more friendly to all clans.



Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #58 Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20447 battles
  • 729
  • [PYRO] PYRO
  • Member since:
    10-15-2014

just had a lovely bug, apparenty not the only one happened to tonight... team ready, jumped in que.. no games...... for 20min..... tried exiting que after 5, but error was coming up "Action unavailable.
You cannot exit the mode. You are a member of the tactical unit and ready for battle." and "error battle room not found"

after all of us tried disconecting a few times. it still wouldnt let us out. so we had to wait 20min, while there were other teams in que........ before we could exit.


 

Block Quote

 "theres nothing wrong with this strat... you just have to believe!!!" - TCZ Himelsdorf every time..... 

3Moe Tanks: 

VK28.01 (1st and most proud of), IS6


BetterThanjEbUs #59 Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 15968 battles
  • 33
  • [EMPYR] EMPYR
  • Member since:
    10-19-2013

View PostMobius99, on 08 March 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

Skirmishes prime time will change soon to adopt with Asia server's activities/multiple timezone.

 

Hi Mobius, any news on when the prime time change will happen?  We've been checking most days since you advised it was going to change, yet it seems the scheduled time for skirmishes is still set at 10pm NZDT.



Mobius99 #60 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 9901 battles
  • 207
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-09-2013

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 16 March 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

just had a lovely bug, apparenty not the only one happened to tonight... team ready, jumped in que.. no games...... for 20min..... tried exiting que after 5, but error was coming up "Action unavailable.
You cannot exit the mode. You are a member of the tactical unit and ready for battle." and "error battle room not found"

after all of us tried disconecting a few times. it still wouldnt let us out. so we had to wait 20min, while there were other teams in que........ before we could exit.

 

The issue should have been fixed, if still persist, please let me know.

 

View PostBetterThanjEbUs, on 19 March 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

Hi Mobius, any news on when the prime time change will happen?  We've been checking most days since you advised it was going to change, yet it seems the scheduled time for skirmishes is still set at 10pm NZDT.

 

Sorry about the delay but the change has been postponed, I have yet to get any confirmed time about the change, will try to push it asap.

 

========================================================================================================

Advanced mode testing info updated in OP.

 

http://forum.worldof...42#entry1593942

 

Regards,

Mobius99






7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users