• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

xRainbowAssassinx #81 Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 26698 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Post_Cesium_, on 18 April 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

What is the point of skill based mm in stronghold? If the top 2 clans in this server or any other server play advances every night, does skill based mm mean those 2 clans will get matched against each other every game? If yes, advances/skirmishes are going to be very boring because clans will always face the same few opponents and it doesn't add any variety to the game mode.

FAME vs CSA almost every time.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

_Cesium_ #82 Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

Staff sergeant

• 19444 battles
  • [RAISE] RAISE

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 18 April 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

FAME vs CSA almost every time.

RAISE vs CROWN almost every time too.

Edited by _Cesium_, 18 April 2017 - 06:28 PM.

Ezz #83 Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 53786 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_Cesium_, on 18 April 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

What is the point of skill based mm in stronghold?

In stronks or not, skill based MM benefits the bads unless they compensate the goods somehow. As it is however the 'compensation' for being good appears to be longer waits and tougher battles....

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed!

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Mobius99 #84 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9962 battles
  • [WG] WG

Dear commanders.

Starting from Apr 26th, Advances mode will only be available during weekends with following session:

17:00 ~ 18:00 SGT (UTC+8)

21:00 ~ 23:00 SGT (UTC+8)

The aim of this change is to maximize clan activities during Advances mode session in a more concentrated period of time instead of current daily session, and collecting data for further analyze.

Info also updated in OP.

Regards,
Mobius99

xRainbowAssassinx #85 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

Captain

• 26698 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
please please please give advances on friday as well. this is basically the weekend for many.

Mobius99 #86 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9962 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 21 April 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

please please please give advances on friday as well. this is basically the weekend for many.

We will review this suggestion later in May.

Thanks for bring this up.

iguru #87 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43476 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

Posted Image

There is a theory going around that WG wants to kill this game mode. I am beginning to buy in to that.

I have 11,000 games in SH mode, and I've seen a rapid decline in participation, morale and overall fun since this new patch dropped. If the extreme wait times are during *peak hours, there must be serious issues with MM logic. 

*2130 server time 

Edited by iguru, 22 April 2017 - 12:39 AM.

xRainbowAssassinx #88 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:30 PM

Captain

• 26698 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostMobius99, on 21 April 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

We will review this suggestion later in May.

Thanks for bring this up.

I find this quite aggravating. You need to take on opinions from your audience and ACTIVELY seek opinions. From what i see now is, that you are implementing changes, seeing if they work ---> If they don't (which you figure out by lots of hate) there then is either no change or we wait 6 months.

Make polls, message CO's. People do advances on weekdays ---> therefore there is interest ----> Therefore why close down weekdays??? You don't lose money for it....

With the 5pm onwards SH, it has clearly killed strongholds, as before, clans would start making teams around 2pm and there would already be many playing at 5pm, now though, SH starts at 5pm, so there is a delay to play skirmishes (no opponents). Also did you forget that people play at 3 and 4pm? And that it is impossible to rig at these times (i believe thats why it is now 5pm onwards) because people PLAYED serious games at these times so why why why remove these timezones.

Global map + SH being killed.

Look above ^ Iguru is trying to point this out and i understand you may be trying, but no good is coming of it.

I apologise if anything is untrue.

- Directed at the 'Devs' (who Mobius suggests ideas to all the time, but it feels like him/we are not being listened to.)

Edited by xRainbowAssassinx, 21 April 2017 - 11:49 PM.

Mobius99 #89 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9962 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 21 April 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

I apologise if anything is untrue.

I am sorry too that you think this way, as I have been trying to be as transparent to you guys as I can, while there's also many details that I can't give.

Skirmishes time being set at 5PM is because there's very low activities in earlier time zone, and potentially easy to rig at those times.

To be honest, and I believe you all saw the difficulties we have experienced since the introducing of Stronghold 1.6, yeah it's still a bit of mess atm, but please be reminded it's still under testing and we are trying to find out why something work/don't work on other server as well as Asia.

I am always checking forum and Skype and marking your issues or feedback everyday, and report them to the dev team regularly.

Why do you think that I don't want to ask you guys more if I have time to do so? and why do you think that every suggestion from anyone will surely be taken and can be executed right away?

I am a bridge between you guys and the dev team, not a magician that can make all issue gone with a magic spell, regardless what I feedback to dev team, I still have to "follow" dev team's test schedule and decision, and many decisions are not only based on player feedback, but also server statics.

I know you are desperate to see things improve, trust me, I am on the same team, but hey, if you don't, I am fine with all the bashing, if it helps you to vent out your disappointment.

Regards,

Mobius99

xRainbowAssassinx #90 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:41 PM

Captain

• 26698 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostMobius99, on 21 April 2017 - 11:33 PM, said:

I am sorry too that you think this way,

Mobius, i know that you try your best. That is why i message you solely out of all the Mods/Admins (whatever the names are) because i know that you take all advice on board. This is more directed at the dev team then( i have no idea who the dev team is, they sound like cupboard dwellers :P), because there is obviously a fall down somewhere, because there are  issues that are not being fixed, we all know its a fact. e.g. the map rotation on CW is terrible and the dev team decided to wait till next patch... yes there are potential problems with doing it early (such as one day of down time) but if player thoughts were taken into account, the devs would know that they really should try fix this issue immediately. 

iguru #91 Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43476 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

Surely they realize that the more time they take, the more likely it will end up like Team Battles. Someone pointed out, If this was something important to WG, I would think they would be right on top of it.

Mobius said participation levels have not changed much, but I can tell you CROWN and ME in particular have dropped off significantly. I'm not saying we/me are a big deal, but I/CROWN do play a ton of SHs and kind of have the finger on the pulse. 
One thing for certain and I'm 100% sure of - if it stays as it is, it will die a slow death. 

Napalmer #92 Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:01 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 35121 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View Postiguru, on 22 April 2017 - 02:34 AM, said:

Surely they realize that the more time they take, the more likely it will end up like Team Battles. Someone pointed out, If this was something important to WG, I would think they would be right on top of it.

Mobius said participation levels have not changed much, but I can tell you CROWN and ME in particular have dropped off significantly. I'm not saying we/me are a big deal, but I/CROWN do play a ton of SHs and kind of have the finger on the pulse. 
One thing for certain and I'm 100% sure of - if it stays as it is, it will die a slow death. 

This exactly.

Strongholds used to be about quick games, focus fire brawls and quick credit-earning sessions.

Now, it's been ruined by the 'skill-based' MM. Don't try and deny it was disabled, the same clans keep fighting each other.

All the skill-based MM has done is increase queue times for stronger clans, and teach weaker clans nothing as they think that random rushes and camping are successful when they work against a weak opponent.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, IS-3, T-54

Signature

The smell of Napalm...

xRainbowAssassinx #93 Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:01 AM

Captain

• 26698 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Postiguru, on 22 April 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

I completely agree. It's not a player issue as such, because i sometimes say "lets do some early TZ SH's" so i spend the next 3 hours organising clans to make teams so that i can play 4 games at tier 10. FeelsGoodMan. Working as intended.

Maybe Iguru you should make a discord server FOR skirmishes, really would make a difference. Get all the clans you find ALL into it and try take matters into your own hand. Ill help you along if you do.

_Cesium_ #94 Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• 19444 battles
  • [RAISE] RAISE
Removing skill based mm will make a lot of people happier. Also, we need more clans to play tier 8 skirmish because it seems like almost every night during prime time there are less than 3 or 4 clans playing it.

xRainbowAssassinx #95 Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• 26698 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Post_Cesium_, on 22 April 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Removing skill based mm will make a lot of people happier. Also, we need more clans to play tier 8 skirmish because it seems like almost every night during prime time there are less than 3 or 4 clans playing it.

Early time zones have 0. so basically [edited] AUS/NZ

JordyBro #96 Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

First lieutenant

• 19992 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Get rid of strongholds focus and fix CW :)

Ezz #97 Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 53786 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Meanwhile there's probably a bunch of clans loving stronks with their new win rates of above 40%...

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed!

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

xRainbowAssassinx #98 Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

Captain

• 26698 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostEzz, on 22 April 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Meanwhile there's probably a bunch of clans loving stronks with their new win rates of above 40%...
And there love of one match every 5 minutes.

xRainbowAssassinx #99 Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• 26698 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

A lot of my players are leaving the game or about to leave. They like many others do not enjoy randoms anymore and have looked for skirmishes/CW for entertainment, such as me

Yet this does not deliver due to player base

Mobius99 #100 Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9962 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hi guys,

As I mentioned earlier, there's a lot of things going on under table, sorry I cannot brief you about those things one by one.

I understand that for players, our reaction seems very sluggish, and known issues aren't fixed for a very long period of time, as we experienced some difficulties in early testing which delayed our SH testing plans and low player base/activities further delayed the fixing process because we cannot get enough data to verify if the system really works or not, which is something we are trying to overcome, and skilled MM is also one of the main thing we need to look into at the moment.

Many changes (not limited to SH/CW) will come in upcoming months so we will also need to review if the fix suitable for those new things we are going to introduce in the near future.

Your concern about SH/CW are well received and I will surely address these issues to dev team once again and try to find solution as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mobius99

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users