146 replies to this topic

Mobius99 #1 Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9966 battles
  • [WG] WG

Current Stronghold schedule:

Skirmishes: 16:00 ~ 24:00 SGT (UTC+8)

Advances: 16:00 ~ 18:00 SGT (UTC+8) & 21:00 ~ 23:00 SGT (UTC+8), Sat and Sun only.

War Games schedule update:

16:00 ~ 18:00 SGT (UTC+8) & 21:00 ~ 23:00 SGT (UTC+8), Sunday only.

========================================================================================

Player feedback: 

• SH interface loading issue/loading time too long.
  • Matching take too long/possible Skilled-MM issue.
  • More legionnaires for tier VIII and tier X
  • Visible SH teams/battle queue info
  • Extend prime time.

========================================================================================

Advances mode testing - there will be 2 primetime during testing session.

Date: Mar 25th & 26th

Time: 17:00~18:00 SGT & 22:00~23:00 SGT

(date and time maybe changed if any unexpected issue.)

* Note: To successfully join battle queue in Advanced mode, all players in the detachment MUST select proper vehicle and click "ready" button. We recommend players to create detachment 30 mins prior to prime time in case of any issue.

Advances mode testing #2 - there will be 2 primetime during testing session.

Date: Apr 1st & 2nd

Time: 17:00~18:00 SGT & 22:00~23:00 SGT

(date and time maybe changed if any unexpected issue.)

* Note: To successfully join battle queue in Advanced mode, all players in the detachment MUST select proper vehicle and click "ready" button. We recommend players to create detachment 30 mins prior to prime time in case of any issue.

Latest SH info:

1. Skirmishes match making time should be less than 3 minutes, if a clan cannot get a match within 3 mins, it's probably because of there's no other clan to match with. 

However, there are reports that sometimes clans made appointment to fight in Skirmishes (e.g Tier X) but still couldn't get a match when both teams were all ready to go and both waited until timeout, dev team will look into this issue and see if there's anything wrong.

2. Advances match making should be done within 30 secs, if the skilled MM cannot make a match for your clan within 30 secs, some MM restrictions will be lifted and your clan may end up matching with a much higher/lower rating clan. And same as in Skirmishes, if a clan cannot get a match within 3 mins, it's probably because of there's no other clan to match with.

Unfortunately there's no easy solution for this issue 'cos it's partially related to low activities in Advances mode, we will keep an eye on this issue and see if anything we can do to improve it.

Advances mode testing time change

Starting from Apr 26th, Advances mode will only be available during weekends with following session:

17:00 ~ 18:00 SGT (UTC+8)

21:00 ~ 23:00 SGT (UTC+8)

The aim of this change is to maximize clan activities during Advances mode session in a more concentrated period of time instead of current daily session, and collecting data for further analyze.

================================================================================================================================

Aug 7th

Stronghold schedule updated:

Skirmishes: 16:00 ~ 24:00 SGT (UTC+8)

Advances: 16:00 ~ 18:00 SGT (UTC+8) & 21:00 ~ 23:00 SGT (UTC+8), Sat and Sun only.

================================================================================================================================

Sep 7th

War Games schedule update:

16:00 ~ 18:00 SGT (UTC+8) & 21:00 ~ 23:00 SGT (UTC+8), Sunday only.

The two prime time session will have independent ranking/reward respectively.

Ranking reward may still be changed again in the future.

To be followed...

Edited by Mobius99, 07 September 2017 - 12:32 PM.
Updated Sep 7th.

TheRealHaifisch #2 Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25823 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Skirmish Queue waiting time seems to be extremely excessive this patch, should be looked into as waiting times can exceed battle times... draining the fun out of this mode.

oh and if its this 'Skill-MM' i've been told has been implemented into Skirmishes... it really needs to be removed... 

new record for waiting.... 6mins 30s

New Feedback:

3 Legionnaires for tier 8 and tier 10 is waayyy too low..... Tier 6 gets to have 5

Edited by TheRealHaifisch, 01 March 2017 - 07:28 PM.

Special Talent: Can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

"I am as agile as a brick" - Figure11
"We Maus Now" - E-50M as the only Tier 10 vs a Maus.... for a win

"What does the Toilet Paper do?" - cod1933

iguru #3 Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43789 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

needs time to grow, positive on the whole now it's time to advertise this mode to the masses

I'm very active in this mode with over 10,000 games

2nd day update

-  idk what is more frustrating, the wait time for mm or the loading in time

-  if you really wanted me to stay away from the forums, then this would be the perfect format, UX isn't intuitive and makes finding things a cumbersome task

Posted Image

3rd day

- not looking good wait time is becoming unbearable

- ave wait time in tier 6 is 3mins, ave game is 2mins

- tier 6 airstrikes? i don't even...

4th day update

- What WG fail to take into consideration is the value of time

Posted Image

Posted Image

5th day update

- I usually get 50 games a day, the last few days maybe ave 10 a day

- please don't take to long to rectify, you risk losing your player base for this mode

- it isn't just the mm that causes the drop in participation, but also from the time i accept an invite to the time i actually get into a team, the vacant spot is now occupied 

6th day update

- ave wait time being extended, I think more ppl choose not to participate

- i cannot speak for other clans, but my clan participation is down aprox 90% 

-16 teams at 1030pm server, is that more/less than pre 9171?

Posted Image

Edited by iguru, 16 March 2017 - 08:32 PM.

Ezz #4 Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 54503 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's like WG have started reading the forums. First they read some excellent 'needs skill based MM' post from 2012. Next they'll get to one of those extremely well justified 'buff my armor tank so I'm invincible just like in ww2' threads from a similar era. It will be excellent for the game.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

keno_ #5 Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

Corporal

• 19954 battles

Loading stronghold time is so much longer than before and its so uncomfortable

Will it be improved?

Also, in Tier10 and Tier8 SH, I need to wait over 5 minutes when there aren't enough team to make skilled MM.

So if there aren't enough team like 3 or 4, Skilled MM should be disable I think

And, We can't see how many teams are created, If we want to know, we need to cancel the ready and someone need to get out of the team,

However, unfortunately, there is checkbox which makes team can be hide from other clan people, so we can't know completely

So, It would be great If there was table that shown how many teams in queue, like random battle

Edited by keno_, 13 March 2017 - 10:47 PM.

signature.png

_Totu_jp_ #6 Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

Private

• 9890 battles
  • [DUCE] DUCE
Try to match regardless of location level. 

_EzioAuditore_ #7 Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

Major

• 52621 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

I will say this as an active sh player.

Asia server just does not have the player population, and specifically sh player population (clan/player/teams) to pull off the skill based mm in skirmishes.

As it is there is difficulty in playing even t8 before this, and while having 10v10 tier x is a welcome move, skill based mm means the waiting time for each battle, especially t6, is more than twice or even thrice the actual battle time (fast battles over in 1-2mins)

And agreed with Haifisch, we need to be able to have more legionnaires for t8/x as there are very little active sh dedicated players(mostly from cw clans), and while maybe pyro/crown/raise and a few other clans might be able to field 1 or even 2-3 t8 teams easily, the majority of other clans will struggle to. Being able to have more legionnaires means there will be more teams (which will also improve the waiting time as well variety - it is often boring to fight the same teams over and over again, as you are familiar with their tactics.)

T55A Get! 263/300 done with honors!  65/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

LIME_mikan #8 Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Corporal

• 15307 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

A battle should happen equally regardless of the level

3/6 add to

A few days passed since implementing a new base battle game.Even if it tries to turn money quickly with tier 6, it does not turn even if it tries to acquire a large amount of resources at Tier 10 battlefield if it does not turn around. If the current situation continues, our clan will be difficult to maintain reserve! If the reserve is exhausted it will be difficult to restore with the current system .... I would like to see early system improvement. Of course, this time Apude was wonderful in many RU servers this system will be effective ... but it has become an overdeveloped app on Asian servers

Edited by LIME_mikan, 06 March 2017 - 06:05 PM.

xRainbowAssassinx #9 Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:02 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 27112 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
Match like it did before. You could barely get games at tier 8 then. Now tier 6 is a meme. Tier 10 is a joke as always.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

FishyPower #10 Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

First lieutenant

• 11472 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF
It's a nice thing that we earn res for our own Clan too. I'm in an aussie clan even though I'm from Singapore, so when the clan goes to sleep, I can get my share of res in by doing this

Stats on the left are outdated, look at the purple statz on the right please

_Violence_ #11 Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32880 battles
  • [DUCE] DUCE
(edited)

Edited by _Violence_, 02 March 2017 - 09:23 PM.

Now that AC 48 and Foch have autoloaders in 9.20, I gladly say that I am the 2nd Asian player to get their 3 marks before update 9.20.

Object 263's 3 marks with 5300+ damage standard is easier than the worst Tier 9 TD (Foch) before 9.20, with a damage standard of 3200.

JordyBro #12 Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

First lieutenant

• 20102 battles
Wait times are a tad too long, maybe reduce the skill based mm to a minute if there's nothing then throw the battle in. Please fix it so TIM don't quit and have to come back to try CW :)

shinmomo77 #13 Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:26 AM

Private

• 16613 battles
  • [DUCE] DUCE

We have to wait too long for next battle.

Dan_Quayle #14 Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Corporal

• 32313 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

First day impression is

THE WAIT TIME is TOO LONG.

Last night, our clan mates waited 4-8 min EVERY GAME EVERY TEAM.

I think there is 2 reasons.

One is new match system.
It seems considering team strength (maybe referring team average PR).
It is very good system IF many team is in queue like RU server.
But in Asia server... sigh
This should be rollback now.

Another reason is new Tier10 battle format (changed to 10 vs 10)
For most of clan, it become easier to join.
It is very good system too, IF many team is in queue.
But in Asia server, it only spreads even less clans for every tier SH.
And we always want to play 15 vs 15 battle.
This should be rollback now too.

That's all.

btw, Tier8 SH is now World of 252U. Is this good?

Napalmer #15 Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 35341 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Would be nice to have the teams doing strongholds visible (as it is when you open it to legionnaires) by default.

The switch to make the team visible to the public could be changed to 'allow others to join the team'.

Certainly would entice other clans to start making teams, especially in tiers other than 6.

And yeah, as it's already been said:

• SH tab (under the Battle button) takes too long to load.
  • SH window (after selecting game mode) takes too long to load
  • Games take too long to start; 'Skill-based MM' just isn't working

Also, would like some clarification on information provided in the new SH format:

http://worldoftanks....guide/reserves/

Bonus: Credits.

Reserve efficiency: the first value is given for Clan, Team and Tournament battles. The second value is for Random battles.

(Data in Spoiler)

Spoiler

When the article / in-game text refers to "Clan, Team and Tournament battles", it's implied that this is active in:

• Clan Wars (Special Battles)
  • Un-ranked Team Battles (Team Battles)
  • Tournament matches (Special Battles)

However it doesn't mention anything about Strongholds, in particular Skirmishes or Advances.

Can we confirm that the new booster system applies to these game-modes? I know many clans used to use Battle Payments in Skirmishes to earn Credits quickly.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, IS-3, T-54

Signature

The smell of Napalm...

Mobius99 #16 Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9966 battles
  • [WG] WG

Info updated in OP, please let me know if I missed anything, will report to HQ today or tmr.

View PostNapalmer, on 02 March 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Also, would like some clarification on information provided in the new SH format:

When the article / in-game text refers to "Clan, Team and Tournament battles", it's implied that this is active in:

• Clan Wars (Special Battles)
  • Un-ranked Team Battles (Team Battles)
  • Tournament matches (Special Battles)

However it doesn't mention anything about Strongholds, in particular Skirmishes or Advances.

Can we confirm that the new booster system applies to these game-modes? I know many clans used to use Battle Payments in Skirmishes to earn Credits quickly.

"Clan, Team and Tournament battles" should have included SH as a whole, but I will ask for clarification and let you guys know.

JordyBro #17 Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

First lieutenant

• 20102 battles
Why is there a set time to start stronks? That's my beef

Mobius99 #18 Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9966 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostJordyBro, on 02 March 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

Why is there a set time to start stronks? That's my beef

To reduce farming/rigging and let SH serves as a focused game mode instead of fake random battle.

xRainbowAssassinx #19 Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

Captain

• 27112 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostJordyBro, on 01 March 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Wait times are a tad too long, maybe reduce the skill based mm to a minute if there's nothing then throw the battle in. Please fix it so TIM don't quit and have to come back to try CW :)

IKR, CW is scary man. lmao. 

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

_Violence_ #20 Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32880 battles
  • [DUCE] DUCE
And rollback to where Tier 6 SH lets Tier 4-6 tanks in, Tier 8 SH lets Tier 6-8 tanks in and Tier 10 SH lets Tier 8-10 tanks in. That way more legionaries have higher chances of joining in.

Now that AC 48 and Foch have autoloaders in 9.20, I gladly say that I am the 2nd Asian player to get their 3 marks before update 9.20.

Object 263's 3 marks with 5300+ damage standard is easier than the worst Tier 9 TD (Foch) before 9.20, with a damage standard of 3200.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users