9.17.1 Stronghold update: Feedback and issue report [Updated Sep 7th]

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

iguru #101 Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43787 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

Mobius, wouldn't it be within the realm of possibility that minsk wants to kill off this mode?

SH Update took away 'Urgent Orders' among other things that benefited the regular Sh'ers.

Costs increased to run reserves, while the wait time just eats into them when we do have the reserves on.

These are the issues that is giving me an indication that minsk thinks we have been having it too good for too long. Tbh I think the benefits received by clans(in the past) were well justified considering it was the hardcore players that keep the competitive spirit in this game alive. 

The delay in any positive action on WGs part will leave many players to lose focus on this competitive mode. Look at twitch - almost all your top WoT streamers(even lousy asian ones) are moving on to BR games, which seems to be feeding that competitive urge.  

Time is of the essence, make SH great again

xRainbowAssassinx #102 Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:10 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 27074 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Postiguru, on 25 April 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Mobius, wouldn't it be within the realm of possibility that minsk wants to kill off this mode?

SH Update took away 'Urgent Orders' among other things that benefited the regular Sh'ers.

Costs increased to run reserves, while the wait time just eats into them when we do have the reserves on.

These are the issues that is giving me an indication that minsk thinks we have been having it too good for too long. Tbh I think the benefits received by clans(in the past) were well justified considering it was the hardcore players that keep the competitive spirit in this game alive. 

The delay in any positive action on WGs part will leave many players to lose focus on this competitive mode. Look at twitch - almost all your top WoT streamers(even lousy asian ones) are moving on to BR games, which seems to be feeding that competitive urge.  

i completely agree. Things need to be done fast and in the best interest of the players.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

Mobius99 #103 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9966 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postiguru, on 25 April 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

If Minsk is trying to kill the mode, they can just close it, and save the resource we put into the new SH mode.

Like I said: 

View PostMobius99, on 25 April 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

I understand that for players, our reaction seems very sluggish, and known issues aren't fixed for a very long period of time, as we experienced some difficulties in early testing which delayed our SH testing plans and low player base/activities further delayed the fixing process because we cannot get enough data to verify if the system really works or not, which is something we are trying to overcome, and skilled MM is also one of the main thing we need to look into at the moment.

Many changes (not limited to SH/CW) will come in upcoming months so we will also need to review if the fix suitable for those new things we are going to introduce in the near future.

And again, we all know time is essence (in almost everything, for 9.18 or every update), dev team knows this too, but it's gonna take time and cannot be hurried to make sure nothing messed up agian.

Regards,

Mobius99

xRainbowAssassinx #104 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

Captain

• 27074 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

Is the server population declining?

Because its either that or interest in SH due to changes has decreased.

I hope that is being taken into account if so.

Mobius99 #105 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9966 battles
  • [WG] WG

Neither.

Server population is relatively steady and even have a big boost after KR merged. 
SH players also remained at the same level in the past 6 months, however, KR merge did not benefit SH at the moment, not sure why so we might need to promote it to KR players more.

So yes, we do have those taken into consideration that's why I am saying this over and over again: It will take time and many things are going on under table at the moment.

iguru #106 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43787 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

View PostMobius99, on 26 April 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

SH players also remained at the same level in the past 6 months, however, KR merge did not benefit SH at the moment, not sure why so we might need to promote it to KR players more.

Au contraire, SH players must be growing, because the old tryhards have dropped off significantly.

BetterThanjEbUs #107 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

Corporal

• 16370 battles
  • [T-C] T-C

I wonder if one of the problems is that the same people that play Strongholds Advances & Skirmishes are (or would be) the people that play Clanwars and they're basically on at the same time.

I kinda wonder if the devs would be best deciding which of the modes is going to be the one for clans & end-game play and then kill the other mode.  I'd be happy to drop clanwars in favour of (old style) skirmishes & Advances; because 15 minutes of waiting around not battling per round in Clanwars eventually drives you mad.  The great thing about the skirmishes (pre-change) was at most you'd wait 3-4 minutes between battles.

Advances were even better because once the match started it was 5 battles in a row with little down time.  But dropping them to Saturday/Sunday only is a massive backwards step in my opinion - and risks pretty much killing the mode I think. 

If that's just to help MM out by hoping more clans will be on then it strikes me that MM is broken and needs a massive repair & it should have just been turned into random match-ups.  As it was EMPYR was hitting Pyro, TIM GVN-D etc more often than any clans at a realistically equivalent level to us.  Still for me at least that was more fun than waiting for 10-15 minutes after a special battle pops :)

In any case as others have already suggested getting this turned on for Friday evenings as well would help a lot - and surely doesn't need to wait until May to happen!?  WG get a bunch of our money every month it'd be nice to see them be a little bit more responsive to things that seem like simple administrative changes!

TheRealHaifisch #108 Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25684 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostMobius99, on 26 April 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

Neither.

Server population is relatively steady and even have a big boost after KR merged. 

So yes, we do have those taken into consideration that's why I am saying this over and over again: It will take time and many things are going on under table at the moment.

The real question is, while participation might be remaining the same (I'm sorry but i will not believe that, many clans have gone from hundreds of skirmishes per month to maybe doubt digits) what about battle counts, The same amount of players(unlikely) could get joining a team or getting a battle, but with 5-10min+ queue times, the amount of battles should be plummeting.

Reading through your posts, we aren't trying to bash you, but to use it seems like a fairly simple fix, remove the MM logic causing problems, sounds almost as easy as flipping a switch.

At this point in Strongholds development, there isn't much point in trying to prevent rigging via the MM (the timeframes used for opening and closing the mod will do a good enough job of that), i say this is good enough because the benefits of rigging Skirmishes are now significantly less than what they used to be, and its now becoming an extreme detriment to the playerbase in general.

No More Stronghold Attacks

No More War Department

No More Special Orders

At this point, what is there to rig? the lockouts do enough already

Edited by TheRealHaifisch, 27 April 2017 - 11:32 AM.

Special Talent: Can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

"I am as agile as a brick" - Figure11
"We Maus Now" - E-50M as the only Tier 10 vs a Maus.... for a win

"What does the Toilet Paper do?" - cod1933

Mobius99 #109 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9966 battles
  • [WG] WG

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, all I can say now is that devs have their own concerns hence the process is longer than most of us (including myself) hoped for.

I have already addressed these points to dev team again, and I will surely pushing for a fast fix after this week's test session.

BetterThanjEbUs #110 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

Corporal

• 16370 battles
  • [T-C] T-C
Cheers Mobius; i'm sure it sucks to be piggy in the middle / the messenger with this stuff!  Just want to say that I think your engagement here is great and the communication levels are awesome, even if the mode isn't quite what we'd like yet!

iguru #111 Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43787 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

View PostBetterThanjEbUs, on 27 April 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

Cheers Mobius; i'm sure it sucks to be piggy in the middle / the messenger with this stuff!  Just want to say that I think your engagement here is great and the communication levels are awesome, even if the mode isn't quite what we'd like yet!

^^what he said

iguru #112 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43787 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

View Postiguru, on 25 April 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Look at twitch - almost all your top WoT streamers(even lousy asian ones) are moving on to BR games, which seems to be feeding that competitive urge.  

I wasn't kidding, even Rita had a test stream today....who's next? Golden boy QB?
As for me, I bought my copy a week ago. WoT is my FIRST pc game, and ONLY pc game. Sure i dabbled in some WoWs and WoWp even the other tank game.. 

If current population is steady, this means there are many new players picking up the slack from the old tryhards that i know with 100% certainty have dedicated more time to the new BR game. 
I can see Minsk slowly turning this FTP game to a not-so FTP and eventually PTW game. 

- Increasing the reliance of gold ammo

- reducing the GOLD you can earn in Clan Wars

- reducing awards/rewards in Strongholds

making it painfully frustrating for anyone who wants to play competitive tanks.

- You even need to post your interest in prizes in the forums to be eligible to earn it

These culmination of events is forcing some players to look elsewhere for the right balance in entertainment and value. I mean most ppl already have to spend US10/mo for the prem ac, on top of that prem tanks every 2 weeks..it adds up to is the ROI of balanced value?

xRainbowAssassinx #113 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Captain

• 27074 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Postiguru, on 01 May 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

I wasn't kidding, even Rita had a test stream today....who's next? Golden boy QB?
As for me, I bought my copy a week ago. WoT is my FIRST pc game, and ONLY pc game. Sure i dabbled in some WoWs and WoWp even the other tank game.. 

If current population is steady, this means there are many new players picking up the slack from the old tryhards that i know with 100% certainty have dedicated more time to the new BR game. 
I can see Minsk slowly turning this FTP game to a not-so FTP and eventually PTW game. 

- Increasing the reliance of gold ammo

- reducing the GOLD you can earn in Clan Wars

- reducing awards/rewards in Strongholds

making it painfully frustrating for anyone who wants to play competitive tanks.

- You even need to post your interest in prizes in the forums to be eligible to earn it

These culmination of events is forcing some players to look elsewhere for the right balance in entertainment and value. I mean most ppl already have to spend US10/mo for the prem ac, on top of that prem tanks every 2 weeks..it adds up to is the ROI of balanced value?

Yeah, i basically just play WoT, but ill be playing PUBG next week to test that out for a bit.

iguru #114 Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43787 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 01 May 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Yeah, i basically just play WoT, but ill be playing PUBG next week to test that out for a bit.

lol it's hard learning new keys

Ravvi_The_AussieSeagull #115 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Corporal

• 22300 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
The past week WUSEA has been doing Tier 6 SH. Our clan rating is under 5k, we are getting matched up with clans that have 8k+ Clan Rating. 

Is the Stronghold MM Skill based?, if so then why are we getting matched up against clans such as RGZ and ATLUS. The players in WUSEA are not at the skill level as some of these guys, there is a couple from WUSEA that are though. 

Ravvi is on a Rampage!!!

xRainbowAssassinx #116 Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

Captain

• 27074 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

So your saying, getting matched against skilled players is boo hoo? How to learn? Look at their tactic, take it... if there is even tactics in SH.

xRainbowAssassinx #117 Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:03 PM

Captain

• 27074 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Postiguru, on 02 May 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

lol it's hard learning new keys

S key is the only key. That's all i see in WoT Asia. Actually, sometimes i see no keys being used at all... 

Ravvi_The_AussieSeagull #118 Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

Corporal

• 22300 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Rainbow, so getting done 0-7 is something we need to learn? Yea, i will take that on board... 
If its a clan that is 1,000 - 2,000 Clan rating difference then i am happy. But when its a clan that is a fair better clan than us, how is that beneficial for us?

Ravvi is on a Rampage!!!

xRainbowAssassinx #119 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

Captain

• 27074 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostRavvi18, on 11 May 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Rainbow, so getting done 0-7 is something we need to learn? Yea, i will take that on board... 
If its a clan that is 1,000 - 2,000 Clan rating difference then i am happy. But when its a clan that is a fair better clan than us, how is that beneficial for us?

well if your getting 7-0d your obviously doing it wrong lol. It is telling you "getgud"

iguru #120 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43787 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

View PostRavvi18, on 11 May 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

the issue for WG is - skill MM makes wait time impossible, and random MM makes creates imbalance on occasion. So they need to resolve this by either getting more players to participate(thereby making skill MM more viable and manage the wait time to within reason) or they can keep random MM to ensure everyone gets into games quickly but sometimes face imbalanced matches. 
IMO, time is more valuable to me than 'balanced MM'. Maybe they can revisit this situation in the future when the game mode sees influx in population.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users