Greetings of a New Tanker

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

OriginRoute #1 Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

Corporal

• 1057 battles

Hello WoT Asia! I'm OriginRoute. I used to play the game and reached Tier VII without knowing much of the mechanics. Now I want to change that and start anew. To start with, I watched most of the game mechanics tutorial posted on the WoT North America's channel, ranging from penetration to view range tutorials. I believe that is not enough as most of the mechanics are experienced first hand. I want to ask some players around of their suggestions or opinions about the following:

Starting matters that I'm debating myself with so far:

1. I originally plan to take the British line towards Churchill VII and Black Prince (which should be quite obvious from my profile picture and signature). Do you think this is a decent line to take?

2. I humbly consider myself fairly good with the light tanks during battles on city corners (Going in and out of cover, doing faints, and firing fast shots after a full stop). I decided to take the BT-2 line for mobility specially with its good reverse speed. Are there any other, better or equally good, options I can take?

3. As funny as it sounds, I also like taking hits for the team to give them coverage with a heavy tank (So long as I can ricochet or bounce them), going into the enemy base for a quick scout of the area (Which is indeed risky), and ramming the heck out of the enemy when given the opportunity to do so (lel). I'd like to hear some popular range of choices of fun tanks to use.

4. Lastly, I have a couple of plain questions. I haven't seen it anywhere yet, and not even in the video tutorials either... but where do we usually see the ammo rack of a tank? (I once put a tank out of its misery into a fiery inferno after shooting its ammo. It was a satisfying experience) Does the engine designate a particular place we can shoot to trigger this or is it purely the work of RNG?

Also, I'm still thinking about it, but I do consider having a clan take me as a new tanker (Although most people apply only after reaching a certain, high rating). I think this could help me improve even more if they could help me find my flaws in the game.

What I'm looking forward the most is having a good time in the community forums and getting to know some friends I can spend my time with in the future.

Thank you for reading this awfully long post. Have a nice day!

_EzioAuditore_ #2 Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Major

• 57706 battles

1. No one of the worst lines for newbies, the others being td/spgs

2. Nope, pzic luchs is more forgiving as they have clips imo, and you can easily kill same tier tanks if you learn how to pen them so its also fun

3. is-7 line pretty much, japanese heavies can ram but are too slow for the rest and are pretty boring.

4. there is a specific position on every tank where the modules are, if you learn the positions then hit them, the chance whether they will detonate/get set on fire is based on RNG. You can learn through either 1) Playing and getting lucky 2) Read up on tank models 3) Use clown skins (ONLY PAINTED OUTSIDE, do NOT USE internal modules skins, as they are illegal). Tanks.gg helps i think? idk i learned mine the hard way. Mostly engine/fuel tanks are at back, while ammo rack is on the side (usually get hit if u use the vanilla autoaim given by WG and shoot the side).

you can try joining casual clans like ANKOU, WUSEA etc, or some of the other training clans (i do not have a good idea about casual clans, but wusea would be one of my recommendations if you want to learn)

Edited by _EzioAuditore_, 07 March 2017 - 09:45 PM.

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

OriginRoute #3 Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

Corporal

• 1057 battles

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 07 March 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

1. No one of the worst lines for newbies, the others being td/spgs

2. Nope, pzic luchs is more forgiving as they have clips imo, and you can easily kill same tier tanks if you learn how to pen them so its also fun

3. is-7 line pretty much, japanese heavies can ram but are too slow for the rest and are pretty boring.

4. there is a specific position on every tank where the modules are, if you learn the positions then hit them, the chance whether they will detonate/get set on fire is based on RNG. You can learn through either 1) Playing and getting lucky 2) Read up on tank models 3) Use clown skins (ONLY PAINTED OUTSIDE, do NOT USE internal modules skins, as they are illegal). Tanks.gg helps i think? idk i learned mine the hard way. Mostly engine/fuel tanks are at back, while ammo rack is on the side (usually get hit if u use the vanilla autoaim given by WG and shoot the side).

you can try joining casual clans like ANKOU, WUSEA etc, or some of the other training clans (i do not have a good idea about casual clans, but wusea would be one of my recommendations if you want to learn)

1. Is that so? I do plan on using it again once I get better. No wonder I find my games ending too early.

2. I see. I looked it up and found out it has 861 mobility. Definitely a good choice for maneuverability. The only thing that worries me though is its penetrating capability. BT-2 has its 45mm 20k gun though it's true that there's the problem of limited clips.

3. That's one of the lines I plan to take. Apparently I forgot to mention it. I already have the Tier II T-46 on the same line. Hopefully it works for me.

4. Ah so the modules are placed similarly to their historical models? That indeed helps a lot. As for the mods, I'm only limiting it to music and voice modifications. Nothing more edgy.

I do consider joining ANKOU or STGLO but the question is if I even qualify. I heard some of the clans are almost full already.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my rants!

FishyPower #4 Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:00 PM

First lieutenant

• 13648 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostOriginRoute, on 07 March 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

Hello WoT Asia! I'm OriginRoute. I used to play the game and reached Tier VII without knowing much of the mechanics. Now I want to change that and start anew. To start with, I watched most of the game mechanics tutorial posted on the WoT North America's channel, ranging from penetration to view range tutorials. I believe that is not enough as most of the mechanics are experienced first hand. I want to ask some players around of their suggestions or opinions about the following:

1. I originally plan to take the British line towards Churchill VII and Black Prince (which should be quite obvious from my profile picture and signature). Do you think this is a decent line to take?

2. I humbly consider myself fairly good with the light tanks during battles on city corners (Going in and out of cover, doing faints, and firing fast shots after a full stop). I decided to take the BT-2 line for mobility specially with its good reverse speed. Are there any other, better or equally good, options I can take?

3. As funny as it sounds, I also like taking hits for the team to give them coverage with a heavy tank (So long as I can ricochet or bounce them), going into the enemy base for a quick scout of the area (Which is indeed risky), and ramming the heck out of the enemy when given the opportunity to do so (lel). I'd like to hear some popular range of choices of fun tanks to use.

4. Lastly, I have a couple of plain questions. I haven't seen it anywhere yet, and not even in the video tutorials either... but where do we usually see the ammo rack of a tank? (I once put a tank out of its misery into a fiery inferno after shooting its ammo. It was a satisfying experience) Does the engine designate a particular place we can shoot to trigger this or is it purely the work of RNG?

Also, I'm still thinking about it, but I do consider having a clan take me as a new tanker (Although most people apply only after reaching a certain, high rating). I think this could help me improve even more if they could help me find my flaws in the game.

What I'm looking forward the most is having a good time in the community forums and getting to know some friends I can spend my time with in the future.

Seeing that you are a GuP fan, I decided that you are a nice person. So I'ma try and answer your question even though I'm only an average player

1. The British heavies are not very strong. They are slow and don't have very powerful guns. They basically put a medium's gun in a tank with a strong hull and bad turret. I don't really know what to do with a tank like that. It seems as if side scraping is your only trick, and given most corridor encounters will put you against a few opponents, baiting one shot from a tank would leave another to shoot you when you try to take a shot. So may I suggest instead the British Cromwell? It has a similar gun to the heavies but is faster and has weaker armor. It is one of the core tanks for skirmishes and clan wars, so you can see it's benefits.

2. I don't have much right to talk about LTs, but the way you play your light tanks would work at lower levels, but once you reach tier 6, it isn't going to work anymore. A light tank's role in a city battle is to flank. Find places where to can pop shots into the enemy without them shooting at you. So if the enemy tank is focusing on your allied heavy and your allied heavy seems to be surviving, what you want to do is to find a safe way to shoot at the enemy tank's side and back to force him to turn towards you and let your friendly heavy move up or let you shoot him to death. When doing this, be careful and watch the minimap, if you think he is getting reinforcements, run.

3. Like Izio said, the IS-7 line is pretty much your answer. Decent speed, decent armor, pretty much what you'll want.

4. Every tanks has modules placed in them, so other than the engine which is usually that back part of the tank, the others are harder to remember

Stats on the left are outdated, look at the purple statz on the right please

OriginRoute #5 Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:26 PM

Corporal

• 1057 battles

View PostFishyPower, on 07 March 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

Seeing that you are a GuP fan, I decided that you are a nice person. So I'ma try and answer your question even though I'm only an average player

1. The British heavies are not very strong. They are slow and don't have very powerful guns. They basically put a medium's gun in a tank with a strong hull and bad turret. I don't really know what to do with a tank like that. It seems as if side scraping is your only trick, and given most corridor encounters will put you against a few opponents, baiting one shot from a tank would leave another to shoot you when you try to take a shot. So may I suggest instead the British Cromwell? It has a similar gun to the heavies but is faster and has weaker armor. It is one of the core tanks for skirmishes and clan wars, so you can see it's benefits.

2. I don't have much right to talk about LTs, but the way you play your light tanks would work at lower levels, but once you reach tier 6, it isn't going to work anymore. A light tank's role in a city battle is to flank. Find places where to can pop shots into the enemy without them shooting at you. So if the enemy tank is focusing on your allied heavy and your allied heavy seems to be surviving, what you want to do is to find a safe way to shoot at the enemy tank's side and back to force him to turn towards you and let your friendly heavy move up or let you shoot him to death. When doing this, be careful and watch the minimap, if you think he is getting reinforcements, run.

3. Like Izio said, the IS-7 line is pretty much your answer. Decent speed, decent armor, pretty much what you'll want.

4. Every tanks has modules placed in them, so other than the engine which is usually that back part of the tank, the others are harder to remember

Thanks for the heads up in the chat! I appreciate the replies.

1. Of course, anything from the British line is welcome to my garage slots. I've used Churchill in the past anyways. Maybe it's time to move to another.

2. I guess you're right. I almost forgot that the light tank's main objective is to scout enemies for the team. I'll be sure to use the tactic when the opportunity presents itself in battle.

3. I guess I can see now what my secondary tank would be!

4. Yes. This part is what I find quite difficult to remember indeed. I mostly practice now how I position myself to achieve the ricochet angle to force the enemy to move to another position. That includes positions where I can protect my modules more.

Two of the tanks I can replace the Churchill with is the British Centurion or the Challenger. I wonder if these are also decent choices...

DFaultPlayR69 #6 Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:03 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 20045 battles
  • [EQRG] EQRG

Taking the British HT line is rather mixed. It's not a noob friendly line because it is a bit different with the other heavy tanks of its tier.

The main difference is mobility, the Churchill tanks are very slow compared to its peers. for example the tier5 Churchill Mk1. It's mobility is slow compared to the T1 Heavy, BDR G1B, and VK30.01H. The only close equal to the Churchill's mobility is the KV-1 but in terms of overall armor, the KV-1 still stands out, even though the Churchill has superior hull armor, it's turret is rather lacking.

But once you have gotten past the Churchill Mk1. the tier6 Churchill Mk7 is a more welcoming tank. once fully upgraded it can take a lot of damage against it's equal tier whilst also dealing damage to the enemy as well. The gun is also decent as it has a good RoF (Rate of Fire) instead of going for high alpha guns such as the 100 and 107mm on the KV-85 and T-150 respectively, and the 90mm on the M6.

In conclusion, the British HTs focus more on the "true" heavy tank role as they focus a lot on armor while sacrificing mobility. It's choice of guns are smaller compared to high alpha damage guns of other HTs, but rather, they focus more on a sustained fire by having fast firing guns which are reasonably accurate for mid range shooting, but not for long range

"EQRG will rise again, and bring back the ponies to this server" ~DFault

Check out my dA if you're interested in Pastel Colored Equines and Tanks  : http://xphil1998.deviantart.com/

Proloser_The_Atomistic #7 Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Pls buff Arty!11

• 25729 battles

View PostOriginRoute, on 07 March 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

1. Go the IS-7 line but stop at the T-10. The IS-7 is annoying to play due to very low pen for its tier, and with the Japanese derp tanks at tiers 9 and 10, your armour is also useless now (stuff you Wargaming). 

2. Don't play lights solo if you want to win or carry hard.

3. HT and MT that are good fun(only listing tiers 9-10 as this is what I usually play in):

- E100: if you like huge alpha, but requires a bit of a brain to use as you have flat turret armour that will get HEAT spammed.

- T-10: one of my personal favourites; it's got almost medium tank mobility, great side armour for sidescraping, very nice gun, and sub 10 second reload if you run food and BIA.

- T110E5: was great pre-nerf, its a bit "meh" now with a weaker cupola but it still has its uses and in a platoon is still pretty good.

- T57 heavy: OP heavy tank autoloader, only ~20 second reload for a clip of 4 shells, each doing 400 damage per shot for a clip potential of 1600HP. About 2 seconds between shots means that its every easy to dump the whole clip before someone realises they are getting shot at.

- Kranvagn: -12 gun depression means it's the best hill fighter in the game. Also has an autoloader, but it takes a while to unload and it has pretty bad gun handling and penetration from what I have read (and experienced when they are shooting at me).

- Leopard PTA: My favourite tier 9 medium; got a gun depression buff last patch (-8 degrees), has a great gun with very good penetration and the tank is fast. 

- Obj 430II: OP as heck on flat ground, great DPM, and fantastic armour for a medium. Rear mounted turret makes it unique to play and it can sidescrape very well.

- T-62A: One of my two favourite tier 10 mediums; great DPM, super turret armour, good mobility, and very nice handling gun. 

- TVP 50/51: My other favourite tier 10 medium; superb autoloading tank with a very low clip reload (only ~20 sec), it also has the fastest time for unloading the whole clip for any high tier tank in the game. Only a whisker over 1 second between shells, with a clip potential of 1250 makes it a super tank to catch people out. Great mobility too, although the tanks profile is quite large.

- Batchat 25t AP: Great little tier 9, I had a lot of fun playing it. 1800 clip potential, but the gun handling and time to empty the clip is a little long.

- Batchat 25t: Super fun tier 10, the fastest medium in the game (faster than a lot of light tanks), has over 2000 clip potential (5 shell magazine with 390 alpha per shot), but the gun handling is terribad and the time between shells is quite long. Can make up for it with BIA and Coffee, though.

There's more, but those should be first on your list to check out.

4. Already been answered, but you can't see the ammo racks visually; but they are there and they are located in different places for different tanks. FYI you can't put a tank on fire via the ammo rack; you would have shot his fuel tanks to do that. If you hit the ammo rack and partly damage it, he will have a longer reload. If you fully damage the ammo rack, you'll blow his turret off and 1 shot him.

GL, HF ;)

Edited by Proloser, 08 March 2017 - 12:21 AM.

_EzioAuditore_ #8 Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

Major

• 57706 battles

View PostOriginRoute, on 07 March 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

1. Is that so? I do plan on using it again once I get better. No wonder I find my games ending too early.

2. I see. I looked it up and found out it has 861 mobility. Definitely a good choice for maneuverability. The only thing that worries me though is its penetrating capability. BT-2 has its 45mm 20k gun though it's true that there's the problem of limited clips.

3. That's one of the lines I plan to take. Apparently I forgot to mention it. I already have the Tier II T-46 on the same line. Hopefully it works for me.

4. Ah so the modules are placed similarly to their historical models? That indeed helps a lot. As for the mods, I'm only limiting it to music and voice modifications. Nothing more edgy.

I do consider joining ANKOU or STGLO but the question is if I even qualify. I heard some of the clans are almost full already.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my rants!

I myself actually am a british fan, and along with my friend when i joined this we started off with the churchill i, and both of us gave up and moved to kv-1s then then from there i went for the is-7. Tbh even though its noob friendly i still managed to suck out in the IS/is-3/is-8(which is currently the t-10, a very gud tank), only didn't do badly in the kv-1s because it was beyond OP in its old form, is-3 was rebought 3 times and is-7 was where i learnt to play in high tiers

Don't look at the over statistical value given as a combination you should look at the individual stats such as top speed, specific power etc. Also, there are some values not given in the garage, such as terrain resistance, so it is not the full story.

Tbh most tanks below t5 are mostly terrible lights and mediums, with a few gems (which are used to stat pad etc by bad players and seal clubbers). T5 and above is where skill starts to really matter, and t8-x where being good@game really rewards you and sets you apart from the competition.

Nononono not historical model, the tank model in the game lul

http://tanks.gg/list gives you the values not given in the garage, as well as let you sees the 3d model of the tank, including armor values, elevation etc.

I can't really find the resource which shows you where all the modules/crew members are, but as i said earlier for the most part engine/fuel tanks at the back and ammo rack at the side. The crew members depend on the crew layout of the tank as well how it is modeled so there is no general answer and apart from downloading clown skins i can't really give u a better answer. There did use to be something to see those but i can't recall offhand but i'll post it here later if i find it

Obj 260 Get! 296/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,71 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!

_EzioAuditore_ #9 Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:34 AM

Major

• 57706 battles
But tbh i would suggest concentrating on penetration and learning weak-spots, because module/crew damage is really dependent on very low RNG, while penetration more or less is +/- 25% of the given value, same with damage roll. On tank such as t57 heavy e5 bulldog, which have a weak ammo rack it may be worthwhile to actually bother to aim for them, but iirc all ammo racks are at the sides anyway to begin with. However for crew, it is pretty much useless because 1) killing a crew member is pretty much all luck 2)people will usually heal their crew unless its unimportant (like kv-5's radioman located in the r2d2) or can't but they depend on whether the crew member is beneficial to that class of tank, as well as the situation. Another classic example would the is-7's driver located in the upper front plate. I wouldn't really consider it to be useful to be aiming for crew members, they usually die when you are shooting at a weakspot of most tanks anyway (like e5's commander when shooting at capoula), but aiming for ammo racks through the side is kinda useful especially if the tank you are aiming at has a weak ammo rack, as this would mean they might use their repair kit, as most people will use repair kit to repair ammo rack most often, and usually gun or engine 2nd most, while repairing tracks is more important when getting perma tracked or getting caught out in the open.

Hope the 2 posts helped to make my points clearer.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #10 Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:38 AM

Pls buff Arty!11

• 25729 battles
Yeah OP don't bother aiming for modules except the drive gears on the tracks. It's a waste of time in battle. Just try to kill tanks ASAP and let RNG do the rest.

Flying_Elite #11 Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:08 AM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 27149 battles
  • [CHE] CHE

View PostOriginRoute, on 07 March 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

1. I originally plan to take the British line towards Churchill VII and Black Prince (which should be quite obvious from my profile picture and signature). Do you think this is a decent line to take? Nononononono do not go this line as the first line you go up, waifu or not it only gets good around tier 9

2. I humbly consider myself fairly good with the light tanks during battles on city corners (Going in and out of cover, doing faints, and firing fast shots after a full stop). I decided to take the BT-2 line for mobility specially with its good reverse speed. Are there any other, better or equally good, options I can take? When you get to the 54lt you'll have a pretty good time, however the AMX 13 90 is probably the best LT out of the lot due to size, burst damage and view range.

3. As funny as it sounds, I also like taking hits for the team to give them coverage with a heavy tank (So long as I can ricochet or bounce them), going into the enemy base for a quick scout of the area (Which is indeed risky), and ramming the heck out of the enemy when given the opportunity to do so (lel). I'd like to hear some popular range of choices of fun tanks to use. Buy a 252u/Defender and go up the IS-7 or Maus line if you like to take hits

4. Lastly, I have a couple of plain questions. I haven't seen it anywhere yet, and not even in the video tutorials either... but where do we usually see the ammo rack of a tank? (I once put a tank out of its misery into a fiery inferno after shooting its ammo. It was a satisfying experience) Does the engine designate a particular place we can shoot to trigger this or is it purely the work of RNG?  Usually under the turret, font of the hull or in the back of the turret. As Hema (Ezio) said clown skins can help you but I'd recommend that you don't use them and not worry about if you hit a module or not, better to make sure your damage counts by penning a shot than to aim at an ammo rack and it being behind thick/angled armor and you not penning.

Also, I'm still thinking about it, but I do consider having a clan take me as a new tanker (Although most people apply only after reaching a certain, high rating). I think this could help me improve even more if they could help me find my flaws in the game. Join WUSEA to learn a lot real quick, Timbob or Ravvi18 are the people you can contact to get in, bunch of friendly people

What I'm looking forward the most is having a good time in the community forums and getting to know some friends I can spend my time with in the future. If you want to have a good time, this isn't the place for that unless you like memes and banter everywhere

Responses in bold

Spoiler

OriginRoute #12 Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

Corporal

• 1057 battles

View PostDFaultPlayR69, on 08 March 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

Taking the British HT line is rather mixed. It's not a noob friendly line because it is a bit different with the other heavy tanks of its tier.

The main difference is mobility, the Churchill tanks are very slow compared to its peers. for example the tier5 Churchill Mk1. It's mobility is slow compared to the T1 Heavy, BDR G1B, and VK30.01H. The only close equal to the Churchill's mobility is the KV-1 but in terms of overall armor, the KV-1 still stands out, even though the Churchill has superior hull armor, it's turret is rather lacking.

But once you have gotten past the Churchill Mk1. the tier6 Churchill Mk7 is a more welcoming tank. once fully upgraded it can take a lot of damage against it's equal tier whilst also dealing damage to the enemy as well. The gun is also decent as it has a good RoF (Rate of Fire) instead of going for high alpha guns such as the 100 and 107mm on the KV-85 and T-150 respectively, and the 90mm on the M6.

In conclusion, the British HTs focus more on the "true" heavy tank role as they focus a lot on armor while sacrificing mobility. It's choice of guns are smaller compared to high alpha damage guns of other HTs, but rather, they focus more on a sustained fire by having fast firing guns which are reasonably accurate for mid range shooting, but not for long range

Yes that's what I had in mind when I first considered taking the British line. It has the right armor for my right kind of play. My only worry is if the armor is actually enough to go against tanks of the same tier. Though if I remember well, when I used the Churchill VII a few years back, my only enemy is actually the SPG with its mobility being the collateral.

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 08 March 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

I myself actually am a british fan, and along with my friend when i joined this we started off with the churchill i, and both of us gave up and moved to kv-1s then then from there i went for the is-7. Tbh even though its noob friendly i still managed to suck out in the IS/is-3/is-8(which is currently the t-10, a very gud tank), only didn't do badly in the kv-1s because it was beyond OP in its old form, is-3 was rebought 3 times and is-7 was where i learnt to play in high tiers

Don't look at the over statistical value given as a combination you should look at the individual stats such as top speed, specific power etc. Also, there are some values not given in the garage, such as terrain resistance, so it is not the full story.

Tbh most tanks below t5 are mostly terrible lights and mediums, with a few gems (which are used to stat pad etc by bad players and seal clubbers). T5 and above is where skill starts to really matter, and t8-x where being good@game really rewards you and sets you apart from the competition.

Nononono not historical model, the tank model in the game lul

http://tanks.gg/list gives you the values not given in the garage, as well as let you sees the 3d model of the tank, including armor values, elevation etc.

I can't really find the resource which shows you where all the modules/crew members are, but as i said earlier for the most part engine/fuel tanks at the back and ammo rack at the side. The crew members depend on the crew layout of the tank as well how it is modeled so there is no general answer and apart from downloading clown skins i can't really give u a better answer. There did use to be something to see those but i can't recall offhand but i'll post it here later if i find it

Ah! Thank you for the link and clearing up the ammo rack question.

The KV-1 is probably the only tank line I'm interested with since I'm mostly about British tanks. Hopefully it goes well.

View PostProloser, on 08 March 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

Yeah OP don't bother aiming for modules except the drive gears on the tracks. It's a waste of time in battle. Just try to kill tanks ASAP and let RNG do the rest.

I do try to hit the window on the front hull for the extra penetration but the rest I do rely on RNG and sheer luck. ><

View PostFlying_Elite, on 08 March 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

Responses in bold

1. Yes, thank you. I did change my plans into taking the Cromwell. Most of the clans I've seen at least has a couple of them. Might as well be a British tank with some benefits. (Though I still plan on taking the Churchill if I do get better).

2. Ah it's the line of that annoyingly thick-armored tank right? I faced one a few days ago and my autogun cannot really do much of a damage to it.

3. That's also one of the lines I consider. Right now I'm aiming for the Pz. IV H. I can go straight into the Maus line.

4. Notes taken. I'll keep the locations in mind. I guess dealing damage is the real deal here being a game with the hitpoints system.

As for WUSEA, it indeed seems to be a new player friendly clan but I cannot do much about the Teamspeak. My PC still needs its cosmetics like the mic and the latter.

Edited by OriginRoute, 08 March 2017 - 07:28 AM.

K4izerr #13 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

Captain

• 22367 battles
I highly suggest French Tank Destroyers, most forgiving line for new players and they are OP as hell. 

3 Marks of Excellence 

T67 - Pz. IV H - Pz. III/IV - T-34 - Cromwell - M6 - VK30.01P - T29 - Tiger 1 - Panther - T-34-3 - IS3 - IS3A - Rhm Borsig - STG Guard - Somua SM -  T-10 - E50 - AMX 50 120 - AMX 50B

OriginRoute #14 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

Corporal

• 1057 battles

View PostK4izerr, on 08 March 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

I highly suggest French Tank Destroyers, most forgiving line for new players and they are OP as hell. 

Yes I've seen the S35 CA in action. It seems to be a really high-damaging tank, but I'm afraid I'm still quite awful in maneuvering tanks without a turret. Only time can tell when will I get better with the Panzerjäger I upto the Hetzer.

K4izerr #15 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

Captain

• 22367 battles
Now I feel bad, I was just joking. I'd suggest Mediums, mediums, mediums, master them you master the game. 

3 Marks of Excellence 

T67 - Pz. IV H - Pz. III/IV - T-34 - Cromwell - M6 - VK30.01P - T29 - Tiger 1 - Panther - T-34-3 - IS3 - IS3A - Rhm Borsig - STG Guard - Somua SM -  T-10 - E50 - AMX 50 120 - AMX 50B

Flying_Elite #16 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 27149 battles
  • [CHE] CHE

View PostK4izerr, on 08 March 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Now I feel bad, I was just joking. I'd suggest Mediums, mediums, mediums, master them you master the game. 

You weren't subtle enough

Spoiler

K4izerr #17 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

Captain

• 22367 battles
I'm no tutor, anyone who wants to learn will do their own research.

3 Marks of Excellence 

Cronk #18 Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24326 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Go Bento Box line, bounce most equal tier tanks that shoot AP, derp them back without having to worry about that pesky weakspot stuff.

Oh you're hulldown with your democratic freedom turret? fine take 300 HE damage and lose a crew member.

Oh you're a glass cannon with zero armor? Well back to garage for you.

Oh you've got that perfect sidescraping position in your precision engineered box (or stalinium magic black hole sided) tenk and are virtually impossible to pen, fine, take a bunch of HE damage and get tracked anyway.

:hiding:

Edited by Cronk, 08 March 2017 - 10:20 AM.

Block Quote

WG will just do whatever is needed to keep us on the gerbil wheel. Logic is just the beef they put on the pill to make the dog swallow it.

OriginRoute #19 Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

Corporal

• 1057 battles

View PostK4izerr, on 08 March 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

There is the British Matilda medium tank that I also plan to use. It's one of the best choice in its tier. Hopefully I can also get good with the mediums but I guess I need to focus on one type of tank first. The question is which type though...

View PostCronk, on 08 March 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Go Bento Box line, bounce most equal tier tanks that shoot AP, derp them back without having to worry about that pesky weakspot stuff.

Oh you're hulldown with your democratic freedom turret? fine take 300 HE damage and lose a crew member.

Oh you're a glass cannon with zero armor? Well back to garage for you.

Oh you've got that perfect sidescraping position in your precision engineered box (or stalinium magic black hole sided) tenk and are virtually impossible to pen, fine, take a bunch of HE damage and get tracked anyway.

:bush:

Bento Box line? Am I missing something here? ^^

Edited by OriginRoute, 08 March 2017 - 08:07 AM.

Proloser_The_Atomistic #20 Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

Pls buff Arty!11

• 25729 battles

View PostOriginRoute, on 08 March 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

There is the British Matilda medium tank that I also plan to use. It's one of the best choice in its tier. Hopefully I can also get good with the mediums but I guess I need to focus on one type of tank first. The question is which type though...

Bento Box line? Am I missing something here? ^^

British Matilda is pretty slow so it won't teach you proper medium tank skills. You want to go the Russian medium tank line first, they are the best all rounders. If you *must* go british first, then go for the CentAX through the Crusader and Cromwell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users