UDES03 , A serious Question .

Udes TD Cap

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

RANGBAZZ #1 Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

Corporal

• 8309 battles

Hi Guys, 

So i started playing WOT after a year or so , I decided to play Swedish TD line. 

As a hardcore TD player Of JagdE100 Line ,Playing Like a Kitten Was hard for me , Especially  in swiss Cheese Line.But i Immediately Started a Liking for them .

I have unlocked Udes And been to some games with it , I a now familiar with the Kinda game play required for this Line .

As a Kinda player who comes to play here just for the sake of Fun and passing free time from office and daily routine (effectively a Noob i must say) , The kinda game i play is basically full Team support , My Abilities are not good enough to lead the game to win all by myself ,neither is this game designed like that ,so i help out the team however i can. 

Since the Pretext has been set , Now in recent some games I am dealing Decent damage with UDES, problerm is when i am alone and i have to reset the Cap! 

Even if there are low tiers capping  Despite all the Knowledge i have accumulated playing And watching videos About this line ,people Have failed to mention What is it i am supposed to do when enemies are capping ? The Siege/travel Mode puts me in great disadvantage if i go for Reset ! By the time ive been firing i Already have been detracked and flanked I had in a few games running Like a Maniac around Cap trying to encircle the Enemy ,Even if doing so successfully I get shotted and rammed by the other tank  ,thanks to Paper Armour of this tank . 

And then there is the Constant nagging and Bitchin Of team player who'll yell at me For being a Noob and a a Pu**y Thogh i have done more than 2k Damage and took out top  tiers !   

So ask this all knowing Community to guide me as to what should i do In such situations . If i run away i get personalized messages Of players after game who have Done 200-300 Dmg in t8 tanks ,Asking me to uninstall and abusing Me . If i go and die Pointless Death I m still called a Noob . 

Plus im kinda short on credits ,I am grinding Vk line and the T1103 Line ,And ive put many tanks on hold coz i dont have enough credits to buy them . 

So please Enlighten me on what to do ? Save myself And earn some credits or go n die a Pointless death against 2-3 tanks And still called a Noob . (Apologies for Long and Unnecessary Post length ,I usually dont  post on forums Much  :(

Thanks ! 

IronhideV8 #2 Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 25495 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
Depends on the map you're in. City maps and small maps is probably difficult. Big open maps with alot of bushes is your friend. What I would do is probably spot the tanks capping first and then using the vision technique to not break the camo and shoot fowb the enemies on cap. As the UDES has high camo value you should be able to do this with ease. Use the UDES mobilty and relocate to keep the enemies guessing where you are. I am an average player so yeah this is an average player's point of view.

RANGBAZZ #3 Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

Corporal

• 8309 battles

View PostIronhideV8, on 13 March 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Depends on the map you're in. City maps and small maps is probably difficult. Big open maps with alot of bushes is your friend. What I would do is probably spot the tanks capping first and then using the vision technique to not break the camo and shoot fowb the enemies on cap. As the UDES has high camo value you should be able to do this with ease. Use the UDES mobilty and relocate to keep the enemies guessing where you are. I am an average player so yeah this is an average player's point of view.

Yup totally Agree, Under normal Circumstances Its The right thing to Do , But Time is the Deciding factor Here , Despite High Mobility Having 30-40 Sec Remaining For cap , and crossing Terrain , Do u really think The time Constraint Will allow Me to Implement the " vision technique" ?     The Whole Game Has got down to A point Where i need to Rush And shoot Those who r capping. 

IronhideV8 #4 Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

Staff sergeant

• 25495 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
What i usually do is take a deep breath and shoot each cappers. I usually dont shoot the same tank that i have already shot to make sure i get the most of the reset. Yes it can be nerve breaking but you can only do so much.

camdy #5 Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25012 battles
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY

the important thing is to get the rest not to kill and like ironhide said use the high camo rating,you can only do so much.also some maps have great terrain for you to pop over.

and to those that call you a noob and the like tell them if they did their job you shouldn't have to be resting the cap :)

Sir_Direkin #6 Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10919 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

View PostRANGBAZZ, on 13 March 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

And then there is the Constant nagging and Bitchin Of team player who'll yell at me For being a Noob and a a Pu**y Thogh i have done more than 2k Damage and took out top  tiers !

So please Enlighten me on what to do ? Save myself And earn some credits or go n die a Pointless death against 2-3 tanks And still called a Noob .

Consider this: they're calling you those things despite the tank you're driving, so they clearly don't know what that tank is like or how it's meant to be played. You can consider that as a lack of knownledge of the game, and a lack of knowledge of the game is one objective defining characteristic of an actual noob. So there's that. I had the same as well where someone called me a coward and a noob for not taking my Pz Sfl IVc (at the time) up to the front lines with the rest of the heavies. Last night I was called a "f***ing noob" despite holding back an entire enemy flank on my own in a T-34 (and getting second highest exp for my efforts). Just ignore those idiots, and don't let them get to you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumyqpRUeOPCy1RcKXl96VA

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

IronhideV8 #7 Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• 25495 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostSir_Direkin, on 13 March 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Consider this: they're calling you those things despite the tank you're driving, so they clearly don't know what that tank is like or how it's meant to be played. You can consider that as a lack of knownledge of the game, and a lack of knowledge of the game is one objective defining characteristic of an actual noob. So there's that. I had the same as well where someone called me a coward and a noob for not taking my Pz Sfl IVc (at the time) up to the front lines with the rest of the heavies. Last night I was called a "f***ing noob" despite holding back an entire enemy flank on my own in a T-34 (and getting second highest exp for my efforts). Just ignore those idiots, and don't let them get to you.

I agree with this too. Some players just do not know the roles of each tanks. There was once I was in my ISU-152 giving support to the HT flank by sniping and one player(arty player) pinging me and telling me to lead the push when i had HTs at that flank. Funny thing though he didn't ping the HT that was camping and sniping from the back behind me. Just ignore these people and try your best. Don't let them take away your concentration. 

RANGBAZZ #8 Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Corporal

• 8309 battles

View PostIronhideV8, on 13 March 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

I agree with this too. Some players just do not know the roles of each tanks. There was once I was in my ISU-152 giving support to the HT flank by sniping and one player(arty player) pinging me and telling me to lead the push when i had HTs at that flank. Funny thing though he didn't ping the HT that was camping and sniping from the back behind me. Just ignore these people and try your best. Don't let them take away your concentration. 

View PostSir_Direkin, on 13 March 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

you Pretty much Took the words outta my Mouth , u guys are Right And I actually DOnt Bother Much about Idiot Players Believe Me. But It would also be A lie IF i say That I am not Bothered at all , It Does breed a Moment of rage and Frustration but i guess Stupidity and Gravity are two things That are abundant in this universe. 

Imagine My surprise , After Posting this thread , ina Game an 252U Player Camping Behind a Fcm 50t In front Lines , He died the moment that 50t Died and He s Continuously Pinging the map So that i can go up scout The enemy For his platoon Member who was driving a JP-2 camping far behind .

I never understood this mindset of players , Why u camp ona side of map where there is no LT or Ht in front Of u ? Either U Cover/Push the LT/MT advance If u have Low Armour TD or U cover the Ht IF u have Good Armour TD/Good Camo. Anyway its way off topic ,Apologies !!  

thanks for Ur suggestion guys , like i said i am very short on credits ,and belive me when i say I dont Spam Prem rounds at all , i consider it a insult to my skills , as i already the the Weakspots of all tanks Upto Last 1 year ,the new Ones i am learning .

Imma Tread carefully during Reset , If it results In team loss SO be It ! I dont care about my wn8 Anyway , If the Team would have been sensible It wouldnt have been come to that .

Even after this if any of u guys have some Trick or tip As to how a swiss TD can effectively Engage Capping Tanks While Moving  ? Please i am all ears .  

neokai #9 Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 39219 battles

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here.

The typical mistake players make in a squishy TD is to be completely passive. Sure, you can rack up damage in those games where the enemy pushes into your lane of fire, but often that damage is not influential on the game result. So while I can empathize with you, I cannot tell from your description alone whether the complainers are wrong in their accusations.

Just tossing that bit out. Personally, I want to work on my game in anticipating situations. Often, the cap is telegraphed by enemy movements - smart players will work out ambush/overwatch positions to capitalize on that knowledge.

Spoiler

RANGBAZZ #10 Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

Corporal

• 8309 battles

View Postneokai, on 13 March 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here.

The typical mistake players make in a squishy TD is to be completely passive. Sure, you can rack up damage in those games where the enemy pushes into your lane of fire, but often that damage is not influential on the game result. So while I can empathize with you, I cannot tell from your description alone whether the complainers are wrong in their accusations.

Just tossing that bit out. Personally, I want to work on my game in anticipating situations. Often, the cap is telegraphed by enemy movements - smart players will work out ambush/overwatch positions to capitalize on that knowledge.

Well I understand your Point Of view , And what u are saying is completely right. Every Issue sounds different when herd from perspectives of other involved in the same. 

But please i can assure u that Swiss Line , Despite the fact its a camper tank ,Its not meant For passive game play , Excellent camo for UDES and 70kmph Speed , It Gives me the Ability to support either the HT flank or The MT/LT line  based on the Situation, Plus Belive me People Who sit at a single spot Sniping Will never rack up more than 1.5k Damage in any game , I have managed to learn that in the previous   IKV series , So allow me to put Ur mind at ease ,By assuring U that ,i might not be a Pro player ,but i do check out Mini map  every 5 sec, and i use my speed simply to stay back at safe Sniping Position and Help any particular flank that is failing .

But like u said, If 2-3 Good Players are capping The base thy will be smart enough to cover all high grounds n Entry to base, That A lost cause i know that .

But What about the Normal ones ? Even General Players seems to hit u once they have  missed a couple of times , My Efforts to Reset the cap is being Limited by my tanks Abilities to shoot and move separately. And When i get a Bad team i usually Am the last one standing ,Not because I ran away from fight Its because despite All my efforts The team was Not Smart enough to Do what they were supposed to do , And so the Main Problem of this Post still remains at large.  

Edited by RANGBAZZ, 13 March 2017 - 11:08 PM.

neokai #11 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:12 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 39219 battles

I would say it's easier to discuss with replays available. At least we can do an after action review and draw out some lessons you can apply to future battles.

P.S. You are doing remarkably well in the UDE compared to your other TDs. It's actually shocking to see the disparity between your performance in it compared to other TDs.

Edited by neokai, 14 March 2017 - 12:17 AM.

Spoiler

camdy #12 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:32 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25012 battles
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY
it is an awesome TD :)

RANGBAZZ #13 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

Corporal

• 8309 battles

View Postneokai, on 13 March 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

I would say it's easier to discuss with replays available. At least we can do an after action review and draw out some lessons you can apply to future battles.

P.S. You are doing remarkably well in the UDE compared to your other TDs. It's actually shocking to see the disparity between your performance in it compared to other TDs.

Oh u can see my stats ? I wasnt aware of that :D Anyway  ,its means a Lot Being acknowledged by seasoned players like  you ,thanks :)  

And yeah the reason i went for TD lines especially the armoured ones is coz of one basic fact thats teamplay and support ,Ive been playing Online games and FPS since the dawn of broadband Connections in my country ie since 2008 , And this game requires a lot of it . Imma try to post some replays of my games once how figure out how to enable them :D 

That way u guys can help me out by pointing My mistakes . 

Edited by RANGBAZZ, 14 March 2017 - 12:55 PM.

Sir_Direkin #14 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10919 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX

Replays are enabled by default, though it only keeps the last one. You'll want to go into general settings and set it to keep all replays.

That UDES looks great, but the Ikv 103 and Ikv 65 II felt terrible to play, especially the former. Actually those Swedish mediums are pretty underwhelming as well.

2nd MoE: A15 Crusader, AMX 12t, KV-85, M6 Heavy, M24 Chaffee, T-34, T-50, T1 Heavy, VK 16.02 Leopard

camdy #15 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 25012 battles
  • [CAMDY] CAMDY
what you can do is upload to http://wotreplays.com/ then add the link when you post

RANGBAZZ #16 Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

Corporal

• 8309 battles

Since we are here i have one more serious question to ask u guys  . I dont have 6th sense . I am currently grinding it , The moment i get spotted i loose at least 70-80% of My HP . 

i am using Solo mod ,It shows some lines on the minimap. Can anyone explain it to me in lehman terms, Which line  if an enemy tank crosses i will be spotted ? Since i dont have the sixth sense i try to keep the enemies between 1st and 2nd exterior Circles. Most of the time i m behind bushes n all .

http://imgur.com/mO6ZhG3

this is the stationary one 

http://imgur.com/6w7OMUn

Edited by RANGBAZZ, 14 March 2017 - 03:30 PM.

RANGBAZZ #17 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

Corporal

• 8309 battles

This is one of those Replays i Was telling U about , The cap rest Ones, feel free to critise and call me noob whenever Required :D

http://wotreplays.com/site/3426316#siegfried_line-rangbazz-udes_03

Another thing in T10 

http://wotreplays.com/site/3426523#sand_river-rangbazz-udes_03

Edited by RANGBAZZ, 14 March 2017 - 07:37 PM.

Sir_Direkin #18 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

Purveyor of Salt

• 10919 battles
  • [VERTX] VERTX
Huh? Are you sure that second one is the stationary one? Looks more like the moving one. Blue line would be your view range, and the red line is the maximum spotting range. If an enemy is within that line, and you don't have sixth sense, you can assume you've been spotted.

RANGBAZZ #19 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

Corporal

• 8309 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 14 March 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Huh? Are you sure that second one is the stationary one? Looks more like the moving one. Blue line would be your view range, and the red line is the maximum spotting range. If an enemy is within that line, and you don't have sixth sense, you can assume you've been spotted.

Might have been some mistake While Uploading I am new to this , But What U said can u explain a lil Bit more as if u r Doing it for a Newbie ? Which Line  ?

FunkMan #20 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

Major

• 33201 battles

View PostSir_Direkin, on 14 March 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

This is not true with the udes, it has some ridiculous camo rating like 70%, so enemies veiwrange will be reduced by 70% against it. I think in the Udes if enemy is closer than 350-300 meters, then you can assume you have been spotted.

Edited by FunkMan, 14 March 2017 - 06:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users