armorbuff

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

glennso #1 Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 17676 battles
  • [TIM] TIM

quick one, do Swedish tds need a armor buff since they can get shot in tracks to get overmatch?

Is the grind to difficult?

Should i buy the UDES?

Are the heavies better or just as bad.

azmania3000 #2 Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

First lieutenant

• 33809 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

consult youtube

Quickybaby, Jingles and DezGamez do lots of guides/ reviews

hope this helps

Proloser #3 Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

Major

• 20090 battles
  • [TAM] TAM
I've noticed all of them except the tier 10 are ez to pen. The tier 10 Strv has the HEAT shield and most of its frontal armour is thick enough to autobounce smaller AP/APCR shells. Shoot some HEAT over the sheild and they die pretty fast tho. They don't need an armour buff IMO as they are tiny targets and the idea of them is to pro snipe at the back of the map behind a hill.

Scrub Reviews (most with memes): T20, T26E4, T-34-3

Kind of Scrub Reviews (no memes 2lazy): T110E5

kek

iDd_Sloth #4 Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

First lieutenant

• 22868 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

Tier X SW TD is immune to calibers less than 120mm from the front, up or lower front plate.

And they are pretty low profile that the only way that you can reliably pen them is either thru overmatch, HE or over angling by the TD.

They are nigh impossible to detect leaving you to pick apart your targets with impunity.

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

camdy #5 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17115 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

YES GET THE UDES03 then get into the S tanks i love my strv 103b :medal:

might give you some idea as to what you can do with the higher tiers swedish TD's

i don't think they need a buff 

Edited by camdy, 20 March 2017 - 10:19 PM.

iDd_Sloth RNG ... sometimes it loves you, most of the times it just doesn't care. #WoTbiggermaps  

https://youtu.be/hHkKJfcBXcw

RANGBAZZ #6 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

Corporal

• 7990 battles
  • [VEER] VEER

Nope ,none needed,The point and purpose of playing Swiss TD Line is NOT TO GET SHOT ! It gives u More Pen than Any TD line ,I think UDES has 10 more Pen than godly JagPzE100 !!!   Not to mention the exceptionally low aim time and accuracy , The Mobility is the best trade off For Armour ,as i have played the Jag and UDEs both !  I am playing UDES now a days , I keep away from front lines , Stay back and snipe ,Can quickly reallocate to Shoot or support any Flank thats failing. 

things u need to know about Swedish TD Line (no idea about HT) 

1) Game play changes completely from T8 after inclusion of Siege mode and Travel mode. 

2) People say u have to Be  patient sit back and snipe In this TD line , I DISAGREE !  I am no pro player ,But I never have been More active In any other Tank in Whole WOT carrier than UDES. I shoot And run Support and Run , Man i Do sit back at back at least 400m Away ,But i am Never Camping . 

3) people Who are thinking To sit back at some back camping place and snipe Will just ruin this TD and themselves. They wont be using it to Its Full potential. yeah Smaller Maps are excluded there u ahve no choice. 

4) Once spotted ,U r gonna loose at least 70-98% of ur HP , Be ready To Play the game on 20-80Hp. And Yeah dont Ram anyone ! :D 

Should U buy UDES ? 

Well are u thinking of camping at one place ? If thats u thinking Then nO ! If u do that U will never Get more Dmg Ouuta ur tank . its all about Running and Shooting. 

imagine Those movie Scenes where a small squad of soldiers are running away from100-200  Enemy  , They run Take cover shoot, And run ...And Shoot ,And Run ............

Well ur the running one :P 

Good luck 

neokai #7 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

SealClub Number 9

• Forum Moderator
  • 32637 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

Moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

~neokai

Spoiler

camdy #8 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17115 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R

you can go from :bush:to :izmena: ,you can go from helping on one side to helping on the other side of the map very quickly and you can take advantage of the terrain alot more because of the low profile.then there is the accuracy,better pen and faster reload when in siege mode,yes it has low armour as it was never meant to be a brawling tank,with its low alpha it takes more to kill an enemy tank and if you think about it if not for these weakness it would be OP .

it has even improved my accuracy in some other tanks so yes all the pain of going through in the low tiers is so worth it :)

Edited by camdy, 21 March 2017 - 01:15 PM.

iDd_Sloth RNG ... sometimes it loves you, most of the times it just doesn't care. #WoTbiggermaps  

glennso #9 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 17676 battles
  • [TIM] TIM
thanks for replies/ advice everyone will probably buy udes just to try siege mode and cause its on permanent 50% disc from Christmas event. However, the reason why i think it needs a buff/change is because it prolongs the campy game-play meta that WG is clearly trying to avoid. Having a udes ore strv 103b/ 103-0 locking down a flank by kemping bush is not exactly fun gameplay. Also don't expect arty to dig it out cause its the most sneaky thing in the game

camdy #10 Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17115 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R
thats where you would be wrong i've been taken out by arty and holding down a flank solo hasn't happened yet for me,think the only time i've been able to do that was back in the day when tier 8 was top with my ferdi now days it is rare.if your not instar poping the enemy they do tend to keep pushing and you are alot more of a support tank compared to some of the other top tier TD's so yeah you do rely on your team alot more in these 3 TD's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users