"Trust your Tank, She will carry you to Victory"

Skill, Luck, RNGesus, and Love

"Don't trust your Team, Trust in Your Friend and Yourself"

Bounty #2 Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

First lieutenant

• 13122 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

Hello Jagpanzer_General,

Nice work, the scene looks fantastic, and the tank design is spot on!

Some feedback I could suggest is possibly rendering the shadows to not have such distinct edges/lines. I usually render my drawings with a 4B pencil and find it works fantastically, however, it depends really on what you're most comfortable with. I wouldn't suggest rendering with anything higher than a 3B pencil as the graphite is too tough to create a smooth blend shade. You will also find if you render for a little longer, the rendered finish will have a smooth blend to it. Practice makes for good artists, so keep practising!

All the very best!:great:

Cheers,

Bounty

Jagdpanzer_General #3 Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

The General Artist

• 43874 battles

View PostBounty, on 07 April 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Some feedback I could suggest is possibly rendering the shadows to not have such distinct edges/lines. I usually render my drawings with a 4B pencil and find it works fantastically, however, it depends really on what you're most comfortable with. I wouldn't suggest rendering with anything higher than a 3B pencil as the graphite is too tough to create a smooth blend shade. You will also find if you render for a little longer, the rendered finish will have a smooth blend to it. Practice makes for good artists, so keep practising!

Thanks.

Yeah Im still inexperienced about shadowing or colouring because you know, I always draw line art for too long with nothing else, still Improving now  :teethhappy:.

Again, Thanks for the Feedback Bounty.

Defiance_ #4 Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

The Firestarter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 26217 battles
  • [WAFKS] WAFKS
Impressive..

signature.png ?username=Defiance_WoT&theme=dark

"Hope is being able to see Light despite all the Darkness."

3 MOE Tanks(14) : Obj 140, IS-3, T32, Panther 8.8,Comet, T20, VK 36.01(H), MT-25, T-34-85M, Cromwell, M4 Sherman, KV-1, Churchill III, PZ IV H

MadHouse10101 #5 Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

Legit T-22 btw

• 21568 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
Im more impressed with the L on the end of you name, that L is the best thing iv seen all day 

ibianconeri #6 Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Captain

• 28745 battles
  • [-4S-] -4S-
That's nice....

signature.png

"All the good things come to those who wait"

neokai #7 Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

Proportions look correct to my untrained eye, though the lug at the back looks awkwardly small (cannot imagine the Type being towed by such a small hook and chain).

Impressions-wise the sketch does somewhat depict the sheer massiveness of the Type, but not so much its weight/mass.There are a few ways to create that effect.

1. The tracks and wheels aren't compressed, the tracks aren't sinking into the ground, small physical details like that telegraph the weight of the vehicle. Don't overdo it or the tank will appear to be stranded/sinking.
  2. View angle - your sketch of its side profile is neutral when it comes to impressions.A low angle shot (looking "up" at the tank) can increase the sense of foreboding as the monstrous Type rolls inexorably towards "you", shells glancing off its armor... 

To give you an impression of what I mean by presence, this video does it in spades (warning: spoilers for Girls Und Panzer: der  Filem )

Spoiler

Spoiler

Jagdpanzer_General #8 Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

The General Artist

• 43874 battles

View Postneokai, on 07 April 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

Proportions look correct to my untrained eye, though the lug at the back looks awkwardly small (cannot imagine the Type being towed by such a small hook and chain).

Impressions-wise the sketch does somewhat depict the sheer massiveness of the Type, but not so much its weight/mass.There are a few ways to create that effect.

1. The tracks and wheels aren't compressed, the tracks aren't sinking into the ground, small physical details like that telegraph the weight of the vehicle. Don't overdo it or the tank will appear to be stranded/sinking.
  2. View angle - your sketch of its side profile is neutral when it comes to impressions.A low angle shot (looking "up" at the tank) can increase the sense of foreboding as the monstrous Type rolls inexorably towards "you", shells glancing off its armor... 

To give you an impression of what I mean by presence, this video does it in spades (warning: spoilers for Girls Und Panzer: der  Filem )

Spoiler

Neokai I know it too.

The Impression if you are driving a big Tank, standing proudly blocking off all shell while slowly moving foward give you "I will get you" feeling while the enemies running scared. Hahaha yeah thats awesome.

But now I can only draw side profile because not pretty much know to draw from different angle, its hard.

Also, I just use 2B pencil and pen, nothing else, so that quality is the least I can do

neokai #9 Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:31 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostJagdpanzer_General, on 08 April 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

Neokai I know it too.

The Impression if you are driving a big Tank, standing proudly blocking off all shell while slowly moving foward give you "I will get you" feeling while the enemies running scared. Hahaha yeah thats awesome.

But now I can only draw side profile because not pretty much know to draw from different angle, its hard.

Also, I just use 2B pencil and pen, nothing else, so that quality is the least I can do

Ah no worries, I was just linking some of the composition stuff I learnt and some suggestions. For playing with angles, you can pan the tank in garage and take screenshots as reference imagery.
Spoiler

Jagdpanzer_General #10 Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

The General Artist

• 43874 battles

jagdpanzer_e_100_version_2_by_stubbornemil-db5ita0.jpg

Need feedback on this please, it will be used by my friend for a fan manga (description purpose).

I use this tread because creating new one seems a bit too selfish.

Also tagged with Tanks, Fan art, Drawing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users