Fair Balancing - Premium tanks

OP pay to win premium ammo over powered premium tanks preferential matchmaking nerf buff balancing

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Premium Vehicles rebalance and mm (22 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you own a premium vehicle

1. Yes (22 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Do you wish to buy one in the future ?

1. Yes ! (8 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. No, I cannot afford it. (3 votes [13.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

3. I already own one or more. (11 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Do you think WG will ever be fair with Non premium Vehicles ?

1. When were they not ? (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

2. It is necessary to provide some perks to Premium Vehicles. (11 votes [52.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

3. No. (6 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Should premium ammo cost be increased ? by what rate ?

1. x2 (4 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. x3 (1 vote [4.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

3. x4 (1 vote [4.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. No. It's Just fine. (13 votes [59.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

5. Reduce the price. (3 votes [13.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

Non-premium players should get extra of everything for detecting, damaging, destroying Premium vehicles as a perk ?

1. Yes ! It will be fun. (2 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. No, Treat them equally. (20 votes [90.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.91%

They Say, Time is money.. you SPEND time, u earn something which u consider has value, is it ok for someone to devalue ur time and efforts ?

1. That's the cost of Free.. I'm ok with it. (19 votes [90.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.48%

2. No. (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

If such a rebalance / restructuring, like the one in 9.18 is ok then re-balancing Premium vehicles is also must.

1. Yes, I agree.. (11 votes [50.00%] - View)

2. No, that would invalidate the purpose of premium stuff. (11 votes [50.00%] - View)

For Premium vehicles, Preferential matchmaking should be Removed.

1. Yes ! (7 votes [31.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

2. No ! (15 votes [68.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

This poll

1. Could have been better. (9 votes [40.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

2. was needed since a long time.. (4 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. was not needed at all ! They have been similar threads / polls (9 votes [40.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

Vote Hide poll

Arshar #1 Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

Corporal

• 11004 battles

This is my 1st poll.

Thank you for your time.

And please post the name of the premium vehicle that u hate or love and why ?

---

Adding

The Idea of premium is fine, it's absolutely fine way of earning. I have no qualms with that.

I am aware of the cost of running such a project. But is the expense of running a server in Singapore or Russia the same as one running in NA?  If no why same price everywhere even after having different accounts on different regions?

I recently bought some tier 5 premium tanks and I'm grateful for the discounts, Thank you Wargaming. Luv u for that!

My concern is with premium tanks.. The ones, majority of the people can't afford, you'd agree that lot of youngsters to play this game, and do you think that their parents would buy them a tank that costs so much?

Selling goodies, rare tanks/prototypes all fine, premium time, high xp, high rewards, premium ammo alright np.. Ok forget the cost, let’s leave the costs as they are for tanks and ammo, let's not touch that.. But did you feel that some premium tank you played against was unreasonably over powered.. I'm not complaining I'm just asking did you or do you feel the same way? They say so in reviews and forums, etc

I have to write up intermittently so some inconsistency might be there.. I lose track of that I was thinking mins ago.. I am sorry about that..

I agree, that this poll IS NOT precise, I will try to tweak it making sure it won't affect votes of people.

I wanted a poll of this sort, did not find one, I know that I was not able to make it the way I pictured. If someone can help make this better or even take over is welcome.

It is a great opportunity for me to learn something and take criticism and improve myself.

Edited by Arshar, 19 April 2017 - 04:43 PM.

JOC469 #2 Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:47 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 66773 battles
  • [CZARS] CZARS

I don't understand the purpose of your poll.

you seem to have a number of whines here:

You start something about premium vehicles

Then appear to be complaining about one (or perhaps more) premium vehicles that have a large alpha damage

Then you cry about either standard accounts, or players that don't have premium tanks and try to relate it to fairmess

Then the tears really start flowing re premium rounds only offering biased options

Now you want to suggest that only certain players be rewarded for destroying a particular class of vehicle

And we seem to be at the crux of the matter now - you think something related to pixels has been devalued , yet the EULA that you agree to says they all have no value.

or is your real complaint about the rebalancing in the next patch - you don't say if for LTs, SPGs or both - isn't impacting premium vehicles to the same extent

Throw in a pref MM red herring for good measure

And you finally seek validation of your poll with no clear purpose.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

Ezz #3 Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:26 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 62371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The forum requires responses to every question yet there are many with only one sided answers that don't allow anything other than agreement, hence to be answered should be left blank is you don't agree. But as a first poll I guess it can be considered a learning experience.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Bash_sh #4 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

First lieutenant

• 26953 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
it's a poll, oops i thought it was a competition for a premium reward tank ...:confused:
WNEzz2002411513asia.gif

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #5 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

Why should "Poverty" Players be rewarded, for Playing for FREE, when those that choose to "Invest" in the WG Moon Base get nothing or the same as "Poverty" players?

I Agree that of late the "Premium Tank" situation has gotten a little out of control, given what the "Original" intention of the Premiums was supposed to be.

Buffing the STD line of tanks to surpass the Premiums is an easier avenue than NERFING the Premiums that were sold for Money.

As in the above posts, whats your intent for the Poll?

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Zynth #6 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 23652 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Passive aggressive polls are now a thing apparently.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

Arshar #7 Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:23 PM

Corporal

• 11004 battles

@ Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker

"Why should "Poverty" Players be rewarded, for Playing for FREE, when those that choose to "Invest" in the WG Moon Base get nothing or the same as "Poverty" players?"

Reminds me of that story, where the fox invites the stork for dinner and serves soup in a plate.. :playing:

http://www.mythfolkl...lowinter/48.htm

Let them earn extra credits, XP, let them also use gold ammo np.. but please don't let developers ruin free base players fun.. :)

MagicalFlyingFox #8 Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28808 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

too many questions. screw this.

ok. reading through them, i can't answer all but 1... and its not letting me answer only 1. Oh well.

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 19 April 2017 - 05:54 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Cambro_killer101 #9 Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:18 PM

Corporal

• 14579 battles

1 thing about premium tanks now is, too good. I thought WG told us prem tanks were supposed to be worse than tanks of their own tier? Well, then came the Skorpion. I hate that tank, always in every single battle and a turret with a gun like that is way too good.

Then the AMX M4 49, A tank with way too much armor for it's tier. And a pretty good gun to help it, as well as having not too bad mobility.

Then the T26E5, probably the most OP premium tier 8. With good mobility, Great gun, great armor, this tank has no cons about it.

Then The defender, great mobility, crazy armor, great gun

And the list is getting bigger with the S1, Lorr 40t etc. 

These tanks are probably as good or even better than its tier 8 counterparts.

But what pisses me off about this? These new ones completely destroy the old tier 8 premiums. The KV-5, Super pershing, IS-6, 112, WZ-111, STA-2, all these tanks are no where near as good. I notice all the new prem tanks have an average of 230mm of pen, whats going on here? wasn't it 175 or 200?

It sucks, and its making this game become a total pay to win

MagicalFlyingFox #10 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28808 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCambro_killer101, on 24 April 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

1 thing about premium tanks now is, too good. I thought WG told us prem tanks were supposed to be worse than tanks of their own tier? Well, then came the Skorpion. I hate that tank, always in every single battle and a turret with a gun like that is way too good.

Then the AMX M4 49, A tank with way too much armor for it's tier. And a pretty good gun to help it, as well as having not too bad mobility.

Then the T26E5, probably the most OP premium tier 8. With good mobility, Great gun, great armor, this tank has no cons about it.

Then The defender, great mobility, crazy armor, great gun

And the list is getting bigger with the S1, Lorr 40t etc. 

These tanks are probably as good or even better than its tier 8 counterparts.

But what pisses me off about this? These new ones completely destroy the old tier 8 premiums. The KV-5, Super pershing, IS-6, 112, WZ-111, STA-2, all these tanks are no where near as good. I notice all the new prem tanks have an average of 230mm of pen, whats going on here? wasn't it 175 or 200?

It sucks, and its making this game become a total pay to win

tbf those old prems you mentioned are all pref so have shitty guns. The STA-2 is the most competitive tier 8 premium medium with 240 alpha. It already outclasses a lot of the tier 8 tech tree mediums so its a bad comparison. 

Reitei67 #11 Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:14 PM

Corporal

• 3983 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 24 April 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

tbf those old prems you mentioned are all pref so have shitty guns. The STA-2 is the most competitive tier 8 premium medium with 240 alpha. It already outclasses a lot of the tier 8 tech tree mediums so its a bad comparison. 

yup, i would say either sta 2 or M4 rev as the more competitive ones left.

The Chosen Frozen One                                             https://www.twitch.tv/reitei67

3 MOE: T-34 (The special 1)

tlmitf #12 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:20 PM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21899 battles
  • [KANGA] KANGA
Does anyone here remember the complete shitfight that went on with the Type 59?
That tank was about equal in performance to the tree tank it was based on, and the NA server went cray-cray. Whinged so hard they got it nerfed when it didn't need to be.

Now we have premium tanks that out perform tanks of the same (and sometimes higher) tiers. The armour on the defender is ... very solid, perhaps too solid for tier 8 - and that gun is just too much.

Premium tanks are supposed to be underperforming compared to elite tree tanks, because they make so much more money. The KV5 is a KV4 with massive weakspots, but an ATM in the back of it. The Lowe is a Tiger II, with less mobility and physically bigger, again, makes a bunch more credits.

These new premiums ... no, they are just ... excessive. The defender outperforms the IS-3 in every way except on paper.
Oh, and as for the premium matchmaker? That is only attached to the "old" premiums, all the newer premiums have standard matchmaking. Why? Do you want to take the IS-6 into a tier ten game with 175mm penetration? Even with gold it is only coming up to the same level as a BL-9 (IS-3 gun) with standard ammunition.
If you remove all the 'premium' MMing, then all those tanks are going to need to be rebalanced, which creates some interesting legal issues because of it being a product that people have paid cash for. This is why there have been so few adjustments made to purchased premium tanks over the years.

ReapermanRS, on , said:

+1 for distinction in the field of trolling.

http://forum.worldof...897#entry134897

MagicalFlyingFox #13 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:50 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 28808 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Posttlmitf, on 13 May 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

Does anyone here remember the complete shitfight that went on with the Type 59?
That tank was about equal in performance to the tree tank it was based on, and the NA server went cray-cray. Whinged so hard they got it nerfed when it didn't need to be.

.... It was blatantly overpowered and there was no chinese tech tree...

tidyO #14 Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 39985 battles
  • [ANZAF] ANZAF
poor questions, but i aint no researcher... as it is hard to get unbiased fair questions.

_Storm #15 Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

Ordo Hereticus

• 14825 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's not hard to write an answer that disagrees with another answer though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users