What is World of Tanks now.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

CommanderPatton #1 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

Corporal

• 10634 battles
  • [CFA] CFA

Okay first off I wanna congratulate the WG Asia team and for all of us WoT Asia players as we have finally reached the 5th year in which WoT has started in Asia:P  And for you to also know I old no grudge on WG Asia or to WG in general as I love WoT myself and I have invested a lot of effort,time,work,blood,sweat,tears and also money into this game.Okay but now I will be telling my opinion on WoT so far. And yes I am well aware of other's opinions and I am not saying that they are wrong and I am also not implying that I am right as this is just my opinion.

For me I am quite intrigued as to how WoT developed over the years, I started my journey at December 3, 2012 during that time WoT was quite amazing and it still is now. We had the British Line as our newest  (If I remember correctly). Then I just started to learn the game for a bit but I took a break. Then comes the period of 2015 in which I mildly got the ropes on WoT but still not doing my best. Then finally came October of 2016 where I started to take WoT Seriously Whilst still having fun. But here is what I wanna talk about, What is WoT now?

Well now as all of you may know that it is the "New age of Premium tanks" Where our Premium tanks are now quite great and in most occasions even better and power creeps their counter part. Such example is the T26E5 compared to the T32.

Then there is the class that almost everyone hates (About 99.9% of Players) You guessed it, the SPG because they are just the bane of all tanks, 1 second your having a good game then next thing you know your either heavily damaged or worse yet dead.

Then I know most have denied this but for me it is "The Russian Bias". Most have denied this but for me I quite see it to be true cause of how many times I have encountered these kind of moments.

Then lastly there is good o'l RNG/RNGESUS who is pretty much the bane of everyone, he or it decides what will happen on everything you do and not everyone loves it. Well those are just somethings that have become the Backbone of WoT today add more if you please but that's all for now!:P

Edited by CommanderPatton, 21 April 2017 - 09:47 PM.

I'm not a pro but I can carry games, I'm not a noob but sometimes I screw up, But atleast I do my best!!!

Proloser #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

Major

• 20318 battles
  • [TAM] TAM

Perhaps use some spacing in your post? It's very hard to read :P

Agreed with the premium power creeps, but I don't think russian bias is a huge issue right now. Plenty of OP tanks from other countries.

Scrub Reviews (most with memes): T20, T26E4, T-34-3

Kind of Scrub Reviews (no memes 2lazy): T110E5

kek

CommanderPatton #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

Corporal

• 10634 battles
  • [CFA] CFA

View PostProloser, on 21 April 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

Perhaps use some spacing in your post? It's very hard to read :P

Agreed with the premium power creeps, but I don't think russian bias is a huge issue right now. Plenty of OP tanks from other countries.

Yeah will do, sorry about that.:teethhappy: But yeah kinda right plenty of other OP tanks, but you're forgetting one thing Stalin himself guides the Russian Tanks :P

I'm not a pro but I can carry games, I'm not a noob but sometimes I screw up, But atleast I do my best!!!

Proloser #4 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:47 PM

Major

• 20318 battles
  • [TAM] TAM

Much easier to read ^^

Lel true that.

Scrub Reviews (most with memes): T20, T26E4, T-34-3

Kind of Scrub Reviews (no memes 2lazy): T110E5

kek

camdy #5 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 17280 battles
  • [TOG1R] TOG1R
i only hate arty when they are on the enemy side :teethhappy:  but yeah russian bias is not really there well unless you include the 252 for some people :P

iDd_Sloth RNG ... sometimes it loves you, most of the times it just doesn't care. #WoTbiggermaps  

https://youtu.be/hHkKJfcBXcw

charlieno #6 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

Private

• 4179 battles
Small maps  corridor maps  tier 5  and higher  scout tanks  are useless and  not get rewarded in regards  of credits  for what they do.  spotting damage  gives less EXP than own damage  but why  is it a scout tank than  ??????

CommanderPatton #7 Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

Corporal

• 10634 battles
  • [CFA] CFA

View Postcharlieno, on 21 April 2017 - 11:33 PM, said:

Small maps  corridor maps  tier 5  and higher  scout tanks  are useless and  not get rewarded in regards  of credits  for what they do.  spotting damage  gives less EXP than own damage  but why  is it a scout tank than  ??????

That is indeed right, and you know what thank you, because of that I will elaborate on more of it, here we go. And please still keep in mind that this is still my own PERSONAL OPINION. I don't hold a grudge against WG period.:izmena:

WoT is at the point in where we are getting more and more premium tanks then we are getting maps. I mean COME ON!!!:facepalm: The last time a new map was added was Paris which isn't even technically a "New Map" because it was derived from the Rampage game mode. And this "New Map" was given to us was  10/12/16 (October 12,2017) and the amount of premium tanks that was released  since then is just ridiculous at about 6 New Premium tanks!:amazed: (Correct me if I'm wrong) T26E5(Patriot), AMX M4 Mle. 49(Liberte), Strv S1, Lorr. 40 T, Strv m/42-57,Obj.252 U(Defender). By the way I am guilty of owning one of these premium tanks which is the T26E5:unsure:.  What happened to the "Premium tanks are always weaker than an fully upgraded standard tank that is their counter part but is stronger than a stock tank of their counter part".

And yes as you have mentioned due to the incoming update(Ver. 9.18) Light Tanks are now almost irrelevant due to the heavy nerfs that was done. As I myself agree to the "Light tanks should be able to be an standalone combat vehicle but still remain it's required duty in a battle." And what I think WG thinks what was happening was MT And LT's are quite too similar that MT's become irrelevant. But personally for me it's not completely true as MT's still have their own Trademark Characteristics such as: Boasting a higher amount of Hit points compare to light tanks, Having better armor to their counter parts, as well as superior gun handling compare to it's counterparts.

Arty in the incoming update will be a mix of both annoying and okay to deal with in such situations. Many will argue if the New "Stun Mechanic" is either a nerf or a buff to arty. But for me personally it is an Overall buff. Now why is that? Well basically you take the One shot kill potential of the SPG (Unless of course they ammo rack you:D) and turned it to a supporter that will basically overall cripple the combat capacity of a vehicle.

And the factors that contribute to these are the now 50% Increase of radius of an Artilliery shell explosion, Increased their Rate of fire and accuracy as well. So basically what happen is arty will annoy you even more because the Area of effect of their actual shot is now BIGGER than normal the already annoying RoF of most SPG's and made it even more annoying and you TOOK the ONLY THING:coin: that makes most players survive from arty which is the shaky Accuracy of  SPG's:facepalm:

Overall I think WG is now shifting the faith of WoT and 1 simple mistake might put a horrible end to WoT's success. (Hopefully it won't as I really LOVE this game:confused:)

Sorry for the long post, I hope everyone sees my point and values my opinions and just so you know I value yours to. So thank you, Good luck! Have fun! and tank on!:P

BabyGroot #8 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:05 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 43084 battles
  • [HODOR] HODOR

Once upon a time russian bias was real.. Now it's just a legend..

The power creep thing with premium tanks are definitely real tho, and that patriot/T26E5 compared to T32 is a prime example indeed. WG just don't give a brix about balancing new premiums, they just want it sold in mass.

All in all I think that this game is still kicking it, just awful slow and more often than wanted going on the wrong path. I've started playing the game before the french tanks even existed, I might not be as active as I used to but I'm still looking forward to this game. Especially the new game mode.. 5+ years of repeating randomness gets old and exhausting.

Need HELP with Individual Missions?

Follow this link: Urchin's obj. 260 quest log & other EPIC battle replays.

CommanderPatton #9 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:15 AM

Corporal

• 10634 battles
  • [CFA] CFA

View PostBabyGroot, on 26 April 2017 - 12:05 AM, said:

Once upon a time russian bias was real.. Now it's just a legend..

The power creep thing with premium tanks are definitely real tho, and that patriot/T26E5 compared to T32 is a prime example indeed. WG just don't give a brix about balancing new premiums, they just want it sold in mass.

All in all I think that this game is still kicking it, just awful slow and more often than wanted going on the wrong path. I've started playing the game before the french tanks even existed, I might not be as active as I used to but I'm still looking forward to this game. Especially the new game mode.. 5+ years of repeating randomness gets old and exhausting.

Well said:great:, I appreciate that a Veteran:medal: like yourself sees my point  and Damn that's a long time:honoring: to be playing that's about 5 years down the line. And yes while I agree that WoT is definitely still kicking it's a bit slow and fresh new blood and content should get it going even better and stronger.;)

struth #10 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36231 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

World of tanks now is boring, unfortunately.

Maybe I need a break maybe it has run it's course but randoms are the same maps over and over, fighting the same tanks in the same places, repeat and rinse.

CW is the same clans on even less of the same maps with the same strats over and over, rinse and repeat.

None of the new developments each patch are exciting enough to excite me.

My apathy is so great I should be an officer in PBHAK ;(

Ezz #11 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 52053 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Promise to kick feet and you're in.

You may just need motivation. There's a wall everyone hits with both their satisfaction with their ability and what they've ground. Beyond that mates help, beers also, but the long haul becomes gradually harder to hype for. To be tho, call me salty old timer, but I just don't feel like WG tries to connect with me, but instead with what will fuel their moon base. I am simply no longer in their demographic I suspect.

Who the [edited] are you?

Get Spoofed!

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

struth #12 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 36231 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

^^^Yup.

Nothing changes, it's predictable, grinds involve investment, yada yada yada.

You can still kick Feet though.

Grivyn #13 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 27064 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE
As a fellow old timer a few years away from the game has actually meant that I find myself now enjoying the game nearly as much as I did when the server was called SEA and everyone was either a fresh reroll or a NA transfer. Of course limiting myself to pugs and so far avoiding CW or the desire to get back into tourney has helped.

Chewmatca #14 Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

Sergeant

• 11360 battles
  • [CHE-R] CHE-R

To answer the thread title conclusively:

Cash Cow:

A description of a product at the point in the product life cycle where revenues are strong and selling expenses are low.

"A cash cow is frequently in the mature product life cycle stage".

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users