Is the T110E5 still worth grinding (post 9.17.1 cupola nerf)?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Proloser #1 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:09 PM

Major

• 20066 battles

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd write a real quick review thingy about the T110E5 as some people may be wondering if it's still worth the grind post nerf. It currently is one of my favourite heavies in the game, even though it is a bit gimped in the current meta. I'm too lazy to put lots of images in so I'll just leave it as a wall of text for now.

Is it worth it?/Overall/TL;DR: 7/10.

Overall, the T110E5 is super fun to play. It's a great combination of mobility, firepower and (mostly) armour. It is quite flexible so it can do well on all maps you are placed in. I love the tank and it is my "go-to" tier 10 for some casual fun and solo pubbing.

With the weakened cupola it takes more brain to play than it used to and gets really annoying in certain positions where you just want to go hull down, and the ammo rack can be a bit frustrating at times, but aside from that, it's great fun.

Worth the grind? Yep.

Gun/Firepower: 10/10

The T110E5's gun is great, and one of the easiest to use. It actually rivals MT in terms of gun handling. It has 258/340/60 AP/HEAT/HE pen, respectively. This combined with a base DPM of 2500 (9.59 sec reload), 1.92 aim time, and 400 alpha means that it can rip apart stuff very quickly, and doesn't have to sit long in the open to aim at something at a distance. 

If you equip vents, rammer, and cola, you can buff the DPM up to 3007 (7.98 second reload), and your aim time will become 1.8 seconds. This can be further buffed by the Brothers In Arms perk, giving you the best possible 7.91 second reload, which rivals MT and makes this tank a real threat. 

Pair this with -8 degrees of gun depression and it makes the tank very flexible & deadly in any situation, provided you hide the cupola.

Snapshotting while moving isn't great in this tank, but guns handling in general make it a joy to play.

Mobility: 7/10

It has fast acceleration, and a fairly good top speed (37kph). Hill climbs are not painful in this tank as it can keep a fairly good speed up, but unfortunately, the reverse is terrible at 12kph. This means it's very easy to stay exposed for too long if you are used to tanks that are speedy in reverse. It also makes it hard to get out of a sticky situation without turning around on the spot and escaping by driving forwards.

Armour: 5/10

Don't play this tank for armour. With the cupola nerfed (didn't need it IMO) it has made the tank absolute cheese frontally. At a distance or facehugging a tank lower than itself the armour works well, but trying to trade or brawl mid to close range will result in tears unless you can block shots to the cupola with something.

The turret is good everywhere else though, so if you wiggle around and don't sit still people will often miss the (massive) cupola. 

As for the hull, the front is good but has a very weak lower front plate (provided you hit the lower part of the lower front plate). The sides and rear are complete paper, but it does have thick tracks so you can sidescrape without issues in this tank (just don't over-angle).

HP/Modules: 6/10

You'll have 2200 HP, which is a healthy amount, but if you are not careful it can evaporate quickly, especially with how easy it is to pen the cupola now. As for the modules, the ammo rack is the main concern you will have. Having this hit means that the strength of the tank (i.e, a fast reload) is gone and you are pretty much completely useless without that. I haven't been set on fire very often in mine, so perhaps you can run something else (another repair kit until 9.18's reusable repair kits) instead.

-------------------

Anyway, that's that for the overview/review... here's what I recommend running on the tank.

Equipment:

Vents, Vstabs, and Rammer. If you're not running them on this tank, pls uninstall. Don't bother with optics as you can nearly max your view circle with BIA + Cola... and remember, you're a HT, not a MT so view range isn't as important in most situations.

Consumables:

I personally run a Large Repair kit, Large Med Kit, and Cola. If you can't afford the Cola then swap it out for an Auto Fire Extinguisher, but the Cola is highly recommended to max out your gun handling & reload... as well as give you a fairly decent view range of 425 meters (if you have BIA on your crew it will be more).

Crew Skills:

I won't list all the crew skills for this tank, but focus on getting skills that suit the nature of the tank (mobile & fast firing); namely Snapshot, Smooth Ride, Clutch Breaking, Off road driving, Repairs, BIA, and of course Sixth Sense. View range skills are also important, but this tank will benefit more from skills that will increase gun handling and mobility.

Ammo Loadout:

Currently I am running a 17/24/1 loadout. The reason for so much HEAT is due to all the Maus & Type 5's running around; you simply do not have a chance facing a Maus or Type 5 without HEAT in a close quarters situation with the T110E5.

Videoooooos:

Here are a couple of vids that I think show how the E5 plays quite well. 

This game was pretty fun. My original plan was to go castle as it has the advantage from the south spawn, but the enemy team cleaned up the right side of the map and I was worried that the 140 would start capping so I headed back early. Would have been fine if the T110E4 hadn't yolo'd the entire enemy team on his own which meant that they just stormed the castle as soon as I had left, but thanks to the T25 Pilot I was able to carry a win due to some pretty [edited] plays by the enemy team at the end ;)

This was my 3 marking game of the E5. I went mid because from the north spawn I can cover the cupola when sidescraping off the corner I had planned to go to (when I was fighting the maus). Generally you don't want to fight Maus like I did in this replay with the E5 as it's better at brawling in every way. However, I got lucky that he was... "not good" (to put it nicely) and was able to chew through his HP easily. After that I saw the enemy pushing the top left of the map and decided to go over there to shoot stuffs. 

Once I was done there it was a pretty easy cleanup with enemy tanks failing left, right, and centre so I was able to swing the game back to a win pretty easily :)

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Proloser, 21 April 2017 - 08:36 PM.

Scrub Reviews (most with memes): T20, T26E4, T-34-3

Kind of Scrub Reviews (no memes 2lazy): T110E5

kek

Jagdpanzer_General #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

Corporal

• 17505 battles
  • [MGM] MGM
Meh, I still find it hard to go Toe-to-Toe with it without Gold Ammo, even Jagdpanzer E100, 290+ penetration got bounced by damn Helmet (Cupola I mean)

Tank Destroyer General

jagdpanzer_e_100_version_2_by_stubbornemil-db5ita0.jpg

What?! Im Dead? And My Wallet Sinking!

So, what if I use Walking Bunker instead of Sniper?

Proloser #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

Major

• 20066 battles
Dude its like the easiest tier 10 HT to pen now lel. Just shoot the upper part of the cupola and it's an ez pen.

kek

Jagdpanzer_General #4 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

Corporal

• 17505 battles
  • [MGM] MGM

View PostProloser, on 21 April 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Dude its like the easiest tier 10 HT to pen now lel. Just shoot the upper part of the cupola and it's an ez pen.

It depends on RNG Guide the shells lol, I once pen its front with E100 Normal AP and from closer look, it got slipped to its neck, but sometimes, aiming at mid with bad dispersion is, annoying.

Tank Destroyer General

jagdpanzer_e_100_version_2_by_stubbornemil-db5ita0.jpg

What?! Im Dead? And My Wallet Sinking!

So, what if I use Walking Bunker instead of Sniper?

Proloser #5 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

Major

• 20066 battles
Yeah the cupola is harder to pen if you are shooting up at it (i.e, like the 140 in my first replay couldn't pen it when I was facehugging him)... but if you are a taller tank just aim slightly off center to the right and it should pen if you have a tier 10 gun. Like I said in the OP, at distance it's still troll but when you're up close it's so easy to pen.

Edited by Proloser, 21 April 2017 - 08:38 PM.

kek

CommanderPatton #6 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

Private

• 10101 battles
  • [CFA] CFA
Personally I find it to still be great, Despite the nerf. While the Cupola is pretty much an home run you can still pull off the occasional bounce and the Cupola is still effective if dealing with lower tier players and those who doesn't know the weak spot(Duh):D. But everything about the tank makes up for it, your Gun is amazing, your mobility is pretty much better than every other Tier X HT (Except for Kran, And the AMX 50 B) Your View range is decent enough, but just remember your Ammo rack is pretty much like an eraser, you will always lose it and you will never finish a game without getting it damaged or destroyed, Unless of course you camped like a coward or didn't bother to manfight and used your allies as a meat shield:facepalm:. Overall:Yeah get it,it's great and very powerful, but it doesn't mean that it can be used by anyone and it isn't idiot proof.:P

I'm not a pro but I can carry games, I'm not a noob but sometimes I screw up, But atleast I do my best!!!

xRainbowAssassinx #7 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Captain

• 24581 battles
  • [TIM] TIM
Gonnnnnaaa add this to your scrub reviews?

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

Proloser #8 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Major

• 20066 battles

View PostCommanderPatton, on 21 April 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

Personally I find it to still be great, Despite the nerf. While the Cupola is pretty much an home run you can still pull off the occasional bounce and the Cupola is still effective if dealing with lower tier players and those who doesn't know the weak spot(Duh):D. But everything about the tank makes up for it, your Gun is amazing, your mobility is pretty much better than every other Tier X HT (Except for Kran, And the AMX 50 B) Your View range is decent enough, but just remember your Ammo rack is pretty much like an eraser, you will always lose it and you will never finish a game without getting it damaged or destroyed, Unless of course you camped like a coward or didn't bother to manfight and used your allies as a meat shield:facepalm:. Overall:Yeah get it,it's great and very powerful, but it doesn't mean that it can be used by anyone and it isn't idiot proof.:P

Yeah the idiot-proofness of it got removed with the nerf. Good and bad, I guess.

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 21 April 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

Gonnnnnaaa add this to your scrub reviews?

Oh yeah I might. 

kek

jessica_raven #9 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

Captain

• 14970 battles
  • [ADA] ADA
I wish E75 copula are as hard as E5 :P

Me in Wot

2014-"wut is this, oh, it can shoot"

2015-"**** arty"

2016-"How to win more?"

2017-"DEUS VULT!!" *press R 3 times*

Proloser #10 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

Major

• 20066 battles
I actually have a harder time hitting the E75 cupolas because they're smaller. When I see them I just push 2,2 and shoot em in the face because why not :p

kek

jessica_raven #11 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

Captain

• 14970 battles
  • [ADA] ADA
Damm.. now I wish E75 turret face was as strong as E5 :D

Me in Wot

2014-"wut is this, oh, it can shoot"

2015-"**** arty"

2016-"How to win more?"