• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Mobius99 #1 Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9898 battles
  • [WG] WG

Dear Commanders,

Hope you all enjoyed the very first Clan tournament in Asia of World of Tanks.

We are planning to have this tournament as a casual tournament in the future during Global Map season/event/campaign breaks, so we would like to know your opinion about this.

For those who didn't participate or didn't even know about Clan tournament, may refer to this news page: LINK

Before you start to dish out your feedback/suggestion, I will address a few points first:

1. The tournament on Apr 30th was a "Pilot event", more like a live test, that's why we setup the tournament in 4 groups instead of a single group, so that we can have the tournament completed in one day.

2. Tournament format will change in next Clan tournament.

3. Prize pool will base on how many entries, which means if there's more team, it will be more likely to have bigger prize pool in next tournament.

4. We may consider to allow up to 2 teams per clan if needed (with certain restriction).

5. We may consider to do live streaming for semi/final.

6. We will ONLY do tier VIII (or higher) Clan tournament, so don't ask me if there will be tier VI clan tournament, if your clan wants tier VI competition, please join Stronghold Skirmishes, or other casual tournament.

Ok, that's about it from my side.

Feel free to leave your comment/feedback/suggestions here.

Cheers,
Mobius99

Flying_Elite #2 Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 22570 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Loved it, especially the extra maps that aren't on the map like Paris.

The rewards are pretty good, perhaps add a special emblem for being top in group? Like there is for GM.

_EzioAuditore_ #3 Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Major

• 50965 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

Would be nice to have more than one team per clan.

I know Asia isn't as active as even NA or EU but there are still clans like PYRO and CROWN who could probably field 2-3 teams easily, even maybe 4-5 on a good day. Seeing as clans such as us are based on being active it makes sense we have more players who are keen in doing this. 

Or atleast make the rewards be given to all clan members(maybe atleast actives) - are the emblem rewards for just the team now?

T55A Get! 257/300 done with honors!  58/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 2 mark: is-7, t62a, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, leo pta, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

xRainbowAssassinx #4 Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 24974 battles
  • [TIM] TIM

you could trial different tiers and numbers of players?

Tier 9 would be quite funny, considering not many people would own 'meta'

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

MagicalFlyingFox #5 Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24545 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Looking forward to fight the top tier clans in this. Looks really fun. Legionnaire system is pretty cool too. 

Also I assume the clans were sorted by hand, or with a seeding system? I rather like it, since it spreads the talent a fair amount which would be good for a finals scenario. 

I hope the format is group based with seeding to spread the top clans around as to give other clans some more experience facing the top clans and having the top 1 or 2 in each group move on to the finals. 

Fecon #6 Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:44 AM

Sergeant

• 21377 battles
  • [-NOS-] -NOS-
Use assault battle mode and limit tier like the other tournament. This is a tournament charm. 

Ritz_The_GodSpeed #7 Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

Corporal

• 21834 battles
  • [VEER] VEER
Should be atk/def mode to prevent campers

Regards,

Ritz__

Commander[VEER]

Ritz_The_GodSpeed

xRainbowAssassinx #8 Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Captain

• 24974 battles
  • [TIM] TIM

It doesn't need to be attack defence if the maps are chosen correctly.

For example, the maps chosen last week were easy maps to counter camps on.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

Mobius99 #9 Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 9898 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFlying_Elite, on 02 May 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Loved it, especially the extra maps that aren't on the map like Paris.
The rewards are pretty good, perhaps add a special emblem for being top in group? Like there is for GM.

I requested for Paris I know you guys would love those non-routine maps. :P

Special emblems can be done, but we only have the casual tourney ones, can try to make special ones in the future.

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 02 May 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Would be nice to have more than one team per clan.

I know Asia isn't as active as even NA or EU but there are still clans like PYRO and CROWN who could probably field 2-3 teams easily, even maybe 4-5 on a good day. Seeing as clans such as us are based on being active it makes sense we have more players who are keen in doing this. 

Or atleast make the rewards be given to all clan members(maybe atleast actives) - are the emblem rewards for just the team now?

If allow more than 2 teams, may frighten some other clans away, therefore we need to be sure it will not affect the interest of other clans if we are going to allow it.

Prize will still be for the team only, wouldn't want to see clans selling/trading/farming special reward for those who never take part in the tournament.

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 02 May 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

you could trial different tiers and numbers of players?

Tier 9 would be quite funny, considering not many people would own 'meta'

Sure, will have different tier from VIII to X and various combination/focus in the future.

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 02 May 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Looking forward to fight the top tier clans in this. Looks really fun. Legionnaire system is pretty cool too. 

Also I assume the clans were sorted by hand, or with a seeding system? I rather like it, since it spreads the talent a fair amount which would be good for a finals scenario. 

I hope the format is group based with seeding to spread the top clans around as to give other clans some more experience facing the top clans and having the top 1 or 2 in each group move on to the finals. 

At the moment we will do random seeding, and review/tweak manually.
However, it's unlikely to have multiple groups again in the future, but still will use similar method to make sure top clans are spread out evenly.

View PostFecon, on 03 May 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

Use assault battle mode and limit tier like the other tournament. This is a tournament charm. 

View PostRitz_The_GodSpeed, on 03 May 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Should be atk/def mode to prevent campers

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 03 May 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

It doesn't need to be attack defence if the maps are chosen correctly.

For example, the maps chosen last week were easy maps to counter camps on.

This can be considered by map style, but basically, yes, you may see atk/def mode in Clan tournament in the future.

SkimsAU #10 Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

Staff sergeant

• 41185 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

I like that casual tournament format. Some reasons why it was awesome:

1. One day only

2. Unpopular maps

3. Small reward

4. Four groups, what means less stress

5. Legionnaires

6. Adult format: 15 minutes and 15 players

What could be better:

1. If it's just one day format tournament can start 1-2 hours later for making it more suitable for late clans.

2. Be careful with map selection, some maps are imbalanced for one side.

3. Increase reward in case if tournament became longer and keep it as it is for 3-4 hours tournaments.

4. Make sure what top clans will not meet in first round.

5. Increase number of legionnaires up to 7-8.

6. Allow clans to have more than one team, that can increase number of teams and make competition better.

7. Streaming is really good idea.

8. About tiers... I prefer X tier battles, but for casual tournaments 8 tier is the best because everybody has it and you need maybe 2-3 tanks in garage for different situations. If you will do X tier tournament strong/old clans will have advantages.

_EzioAuditore_ #11 Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

Major

• 50965 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
Well then it kind of feels a bit restrictive (especially for bigger clans) if you can only have 1-2 teams but since the rewards can only be had by those taking part, which means about 30-40 more people who would be interested more so for clan pride, and want something as being a winning clan, not to mention those who are really interested in representing their clan, would be missing out on the fun. Since it is clan based I really don't see why not give clan wide rewards to galvanise support, as long as you don't give huge rewards. Even something just as emblems and camo specifically for this(or even just your typical cw camo even) or perhaps boosters would be nice for the clan reward, and perhaps minimum 30days in clan requirement (hardly going to be worth selling, not like its gold, and people sure as hell are not going to be joining for a long period just to get some paltry rewards - its more a symbol of pride). I do understand the point about scaring away weaker/less active clans, i do think it should be 2 teams maximum per clan, but some form of clan reward would be nice as it IS a clan tournament(thereby meaning even fellow clan members get emblem/camo), while the main prizes will of course be given only to the teams taking part (the type 59, boosters and camo)

Edited by _EzioAuditore_, 03 May 2017 - 01:20 PM.

T55A Get! 257/300 done with honors!  58/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 2 mark: is-7, t62a, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, leo pta, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

MagicalFlyingFox #12 Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24545 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

The clan reward is gold to the treasury. Some boosters as well would be nice. Those tier 12 boosters are really nice for Advances. 

Also I have to agree with the length of time it took to complete the tourney. Any longer and i feel it would be too long. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users