Jump to content


9.18 Patch Notes


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Razorfiend #21 Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 10906 battles
  • 69
  • [DNKY] DNKY
  • Member since:
    02-25-2015

Is anyone else finding the Iphone "WOT Assistant" App will no longer let you select a short time period since the last patch?

So it will only show statics over the last 6 days and not allow section of of the last 1 or 2 days.

The time period is increasing as we move away from the 9.18 release date as well. It was 3, then 4 then 5 days as the minimum period, tomorrow it will be 7.

 

Thxs



thommo_nz #22 Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

    Sergeant

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 43696 battles
  • 186
  • [NZAD] NZAD
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View PostAmericanTourist, on 05 May 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

No arty in a plat? So now we are unable to platoon with friends and play one of the 5 classes of vehicles with them? I can understand limiting platoons to 1 arty or something, but no arty allowed in a platoon? What idiot thought that one up at WG? If I want to play my arty, I have to drop from my plat with friends and go solo. 


What am I missing here?

 

 

​Yep, no atry in a platoon yet you can still have 3 of them on one team.

I've not explored the platooning completely, but I've observed that there are limited combinations of tanks/tiers (without SPG) when setting one up in garage, yet you can do almost anything in-game... (more research required by me in this space) but that seems daft.

 



stewiejp #23 Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

    Captain

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 34934 battles
  • 1,293
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View PostRazorfiend, on 07 May 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Is anyone else finding the Iphone "WOT Assistant" App will no longer let you select a short time period since the last patch?

So it will only show statics over the last 6 days and not allow section of of the last 1 or 2 days.

The time period is increasing as we move away from the 9.18 release date as well. It was 3, then 4 then 5 days as the minimum period, tomorrow it will be 7.

 

Thxs

 

Yes, thought it was just my inability to work out what I did wrong - it probably needs some kind of update.
                                                                                                                                                  stewiejp on youtube #getonboard

nuclearnz #24 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 41255 battles
  • 39
  • [ANZAF] ANZAF
  • Member since:
    05-06-2013

i am wondering why WG would limit TDS in a battle when they are tanks that most of the time hide at the back of the map and not limit HEAVIES in a battle which at lot of maps that heavies can dominate like the rubbish pilsen map and the rubbish paris map or what about krakov oh stalingrad oh himmelsdorf  oh abbey oh stupid ensk is a super heavy map winterberg another heavy map really. who ever the person was who thought limiting TDS per battle and not HEAVIES needs 2 b fired as they have no idea about the problem heavies create when there are 2 many on one side.TDS are not a problem in the game the HEAVIES ARE! WG wake up and fix the problem!

AS for ur not playing bottom tier to many games in a row u need 2 fine tune that cause i keep getting bottom tier games alot of the time which is SUPPOSED 2 b NOT HAPPENING well again fix this please its not working properly!


Edited by nuclearnz, 11 May 2017 - 06:58 AM.


_EzioAuditore_ #25 Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 52356 battles
  • 4,484
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012

View Postnuclearnz, on 11 May 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

i am wondering why WG would limit TDS in a battle when they are tanks that most of the time hide at the back of the map and not limit HEAVIES in a battle which at lot of maps that heavies can dominate like the rubbish pilsen map and the rubbish paris map or what about krakov oh stalingrad oh himmelsdorf  oh abbey oh stupid ensk is a super heavy map winterberg another heavy map really. who ever the person was who thought limiting TDS per battle and not HEAVIES needs 2 b fired as they have no idea about the problem heavies create when there are 2 many on one side.TDS are not a problem in the game the HEAVIES ARE! WG wake up and fix the problem!

AS for ur not playing bottom tier to many games in a row u need 2 fine tune that cause i keep getting bottom tier games alot of the time which is SUPPOSED 2 b NOT HAPPENING well again fix this please its not working properly!

Because TDs and spgs [edited] kill the game, and LTs can change the battle outcome entirely. Med/Heavies depend on player skill more.


T55A Get! 263/300 done with honors!  65/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif
 


nuclearnz #26 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 41255 battles
  • 39
  • [ANZAF] ANZAF
  • Member since:
    05-06-2013

Skill counts for nothing if u have 8 heavies on one side and 2 on the other on a map like pilsen or himmeldorf u can kill a couple then the other 6 just overwhelm u! HEAVIES ARE THE ONES THAT CHANGE THE BATTLE OUTCOME not lights lights dont push through other tanks firing at them and bounce!heavies can do that and they hit hard! there is also no skill in the game if u can just fire gold rounds and pen a tank 99% of the time anyway it all comes down 2 rng and ping !

 



_EzioAuditore_ #27 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 52356 battles
  • 4,484
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012

View Postnuclearnz, on 12 May 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

There is also no skill in the game if u can just fire gold rounds and pen a tank 99% of the time anyway it all comes down 2 rng and ping !

Nice logic lol, so instead firing standard I should load full gold and I'll hit 4k like Val does with more than 5times my ping?

 


Edited by _EzioAuditore_, 12 May 2017 - 07:10 PM.

T55A Get! 263/300 done with honors!  65/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif
 


nuclearnz #28 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 41255 battles
  • 39
  • [ANZAF] ANZAF
  • Member since:
    05-06-2013
I couldn't care what u do as long as ur not cheating! It is ur choice 2 use gold or not. But rng is all about luck of the draw! and ping helps players hit tanks faster than other players tanks! which is a advantage! but like i said when u have 8 heavy tanks on one side and 2 heavy tanks on another side on himmelsdorf where is the logic in balanced matchmaking !!

Edited by nuclearnz, 12 May 2017 - 11:52 AM.


_EzioAuditore_ #29 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 52356 battles
  • 4,484
  • [CROWN] CROWN
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012

View Postnuclearnz, on 12 May 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

I couldn't care what u do as long as ur not cheating! It is ur choice 2 use gold or not. But rng is all about luck of the draw! and ping helps players hit tanks faster than other players tanks! which is a advantage! but like i said when u have 8 heavy tanks on one side and 2 heavy tanks on another side on himmelsdorf where is the logic in balanced matchmaking !!

 

Seriously what? On himmelsdorf sure heavies are stronger, but on prok and other open maps mediums will destroy heavies. Map rotation is random, and WG counts mediums and heavies both as the same currently, therefore it is part of MM, it just what the rule is currently. RNG works with you just as it does against so there is nothing wrong with it because this is an arcade game and is there for excitement. Ping doesn't really matter that much, below 100ms is pretty much the same, and if you are 100-200 it is still playable as long you learn to account for the ping, and if there is no packet loss(which if it is pretty much your isp or routing).

T55A Get! 263/300 done with honors!  65/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif
 


TechnoGore #30 Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 13751 battles
  • 51
  • [RATZ] RATZ
  • Member since:
    10-13-2015

MM change is good as long as you don't want to play tier 8. If you play tier 8 you better enjoy being bottom tier, because that is where you will be in the vast majority of matches. Seems you will get a full tier 8 match every now and than which counts as your top tier battle. I nearly had a heart attack today when I got not one but TWO t6-t8 matches in my t8. Apart from that (and any other tier that may suffer from the same) this change was pretty good.

 

Arty on the other hand... I am not sure if anyone can argue that it wasn't a buff for the majority? I don't play arty much but it seems that only small calibre arty such as fv304 really got anything close to a nerf. Minimum stun is ridiculous. It should be tied to damage, who the hell thought a splash that does zero damage should stun tanks for 15+ seconds?

Before the patch I hated my GW Tiger P. I questioned my sanity in buying it and progressing past the GW panther. However, it is actually sort of fun after this patch. The reload buff isn't significant, but still enough that you can get that next shot into tanks before they find cover much more often. Aim time and dispersion feels like it is hugely improved, and it has retained the ability to one shot many tanks. I one shot a t-44 a couple nights ago, and if I am lucky enough to hit the engine deck and get a near max dmg roll I can also one shot is 3 still. As much fun as it was occasionally loading a heat or AP round into arty, I actually one shot more tanks with HE than I did with other options.

I don't know about anyone else, for me arty is more annoying to play against (huge splash, long stun times, accurate) but definitely a lot more fun to play as. I would expect arty to receive more changes in the future. I also would like to take one arty in a platoon. We have a guy in the clan who basically only plays arty, now we nearly never play with him because he plays arty and we cannot platoon with any arty.

 

For me the changes were promising but failed to deliver in areas. 


Edited by TechnoGore, 13 May 2017 - 11:37 PM.


daneger20 #31 Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 12913 battles
  • 13
  • [PH-B] PH-B
  • Member since:
    11-13-2012
hi guys, good day, i've been having ping issues since the MICRO PATCH since last week, my normal ping before micro patch is 40-50ms. now after the MICRO PATCH my ping is as HIGH AS 220ms, oh and by the way its not just me experiencing it, my entire clan mates said they also have high ping since the \micro patch... hope there will be an answer to this... THANKS... GL HF... :) 07




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users