• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Buck3t #1 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12405 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

Hi All.

Myself and a couple of friends have recently returned to World of Tanks after a two year+ break (I think?) and we're interested in starting up our tournament team again.
Some of you may remember my IGN (Was Bucket in the old days) and may remember the tourney team NUMB or Mindfreak. We were one of, if not the best Aussie/NZ Only teams who participated in two lan events and finished third in Gold League in our last season playing together.

A few of us have taken time to get real life sorted after being burnt out by this game and the pressure of competitive tournament play. Many of us now have much less time to dedicate to the game but are still interested in becoming competitive again with hopefully less time and effort than what was required last time.

Requirements for joining/applying to team:

• Reside in Australia or New Zealand
  • Genuine Competitive Interest
  • A good attitude towards learning and practice
  • The ability to admit when you're wrong
  • The ability to have fun/take s**t/talk smack (But there is a time and place for everything and when we play, we play for reelz). On this point - There is a much better chance for you to be in this team if majority of the team like you and enjoy your company but I do understand not everyone gets along with everyone, that is just human nature.

Preferences for joining/apply to team:

• Decent pub stats - This is not the be all and end all. Quite honestly, our original and even final team before we stopped playing had 2 or at max 3 unicum players and the rest were trash idiots like me that just yolo every pub. Pub stats can be a decent indicator in your ability to take the game a bit more seriously than others but won't be the first or last thing we look at
  • A range of tier 10 tanks that are of tournament standard - Again, this is not the be all and end all. Most of us are still grinding a few lines required for tournies due to us all having the tier 8 tourney tanks from the old format. A good start would be: Batchat, Obj140/62a, TVP, Kranvagn, Maus, E5, a TD and a light tank line (Don't know what will be used as of yet with the new patch but the T-54Lightweight looks broken as f***)
  • 80%-100% Attendance -100% Attendance to all training and matches - This is impossible and we all understand that. However, if you can't make 80% of the training/games don't bother applying, we want a small solid group probably no larger than 8 or 9 (I don't like having reserves... been there done that and can't stand the whinging, even though there's a simple solution - get gud). If you say you're going to be there - BE THERE!
  • Do your own research - this is a close to my heart one being the incumbent strat caller for our last team after our team captain got sick of it (I understood why after two weeks). I spent hours upon hours studying games from all regions + opponent games to gain an edge. I spent even more hours in training rooms getting positions and strats prepared for team training for people to turn up an hour late with no warning wasting everyones time even after they got there. This isn't armchair tanks where Captain Neckbeard is calling a camp strat in Clam wars, understand your tank and the maps better than anyone and you'll be successful. 

Things to expect:

• A learning environment - We're still transitioning to the new format of tier 10s and attack/defense mode but as a team who used to be considered one of the most aggressive, we believe it will be a pleasant change for us.
  • A fun environment - Everyone has equal say in discussions and we can all chill and take the piss out of each other at the end of the day
  • A winning environment - Personally, I don't want to spend hours of my already busy week preparing for matches and tournaments only to lose every game we play. In contrast, I don't believe losing is bad - as a team we've done it a lot and it helped us become the team we were.
  • Participation in WGL Leagues (Hopefully Gold asap)

So that about has it. If you have any questions please leave them in here or feel free to contact me in game or by forum mail. 

Cheers

Guy/Bucket/Furbex

EDIT: Spelling/Grammar - Was born in the 90s so I proofread after I've submitted/sent (and if it's a uni assignment, I just don't proofread at all)

Edited by Furbex, 11 May 2017 - 06:29 AM.

Ajax__ #2 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

Corporal

• 152 battles
 This isn't armchair tanks where Captain Neckbeard is calling a camp strat in Clan wars

_EzioAuditore_ #3 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

Major

• 52680 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

So everything but living in AU/NZ. FeelsBadMan I wish Singapore tourny teams were still a thing.

T55A Get! 263/300 done with honors!  65/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

xRainbowAssassinx #4 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 27718 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 11 May 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

So everything but living in AU/NZ. FeelsBadMan I wish Singapore tourny teams were still a thing.

Will bring this up... Ill see if exceptions will be made.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

xRainbowAssassinx #5 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

Captain

• 27718 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE
Make sure your deeply interested in the tournament set up. This will guarantee your ability to want to learn via WGLeague streams/vids and this will definitely be a must to improve yourself.

_EzioAuditore_ #6 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Major

• 52680 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
I keep every single WGL/cw t8/x with 3-5 skill crews for a reason. I do rather enjoy playing competitive play over random battles, and have been taking part every week in military drills and the like, and naturally would take precedence over cw(i'll never get kicked from clan because too active). Probably 7 days a week for gold/money, hopefully not during campaign cos i want dem tanks. Currently waiting for my gaming desktop to arrive, so no issues there, and obviously <20ms ping. Pretty much been in Aussie clans(RAGE ew, LUCK/OMEGA) and no issues with any of the members afaik. Yes I am pretty serious, have been looking for a team because I used to enjoy actual tournaments when I used to do them years ago, but kinda hard to set up a team with most of the good teams already in WGL Gold. Feel free to drop me a PM if there's more discussion/questions, only issue is that I live in Singapore instead of Aus/NZ but unless its on the ground I don't really see a problem(in which case applies to NZ as well), and i guess for WGL Gold WG sponsors flights.

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!

__Miracle__ #7 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

First lieutenant

• 36308 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 11 May 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

I wish VN tourny teams were too :(

3 MoE tanks: T110E5, IS7, T62A, Obj140, CAX, STB-1, M48 Patton, FV215b, Batchat25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B ...

My replays
My twitch

xRainbowAssassinx #8 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Captain

• 27718 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Post__Miracle__, on 12 May 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

SG + VN tournie team?

_EzioAuditore_ #9 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Major

• 52680 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
Well sure, but I would need to get their cilent checked, pretty much I know all the Singaporeans IRL, so I would need to check any one other than Miracle(not that he would play with me most of the time because i am too noob :P

TE_maaw_ #10 Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:28 AM

Major

• Live Streamer
  • 37935 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

GL and its good to see old player coming back to the game.

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 11 May 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

View Post__Miracle__, on 12 May 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Pretty sure there are few teams (even gold league team) looking for player atm so go and promote yourself.

_EzioAuditore_ #11 Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:44 AM

Major

• 52680 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
While I am more than happy to put in the time etc, only TE and TCZ use English afaik(can't get into both obviously), rest are all Chinese(too rusty) or Japanese(bad@speaking, slightly better but not much at understanding). From what I heard silver league was full of cheats so I can't say I am keen to join any of those already there, while ex-Mindfreak/NUMB are people I would trust.

Ajax__ #12 Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

Corporal

• 152 battles

Hey man it's Ajax can you pm me on this account please.

Buck3t #13 Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12405 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 13 May 2017 - 04:44 AM, said:

While I am more than happy to put in the time etc, only TE and TCZ use English afaik(can't get into both obviously), rest are all Chinese(too rusty) or Japanese(bad@speaking, slightly better but not much at understanding). From what I heard silver league was full of cheats so I can't say I am keen to join any of those already there, while ex-Mindfreak/NUMB are people I would trust.

We've discussed your eagerness to join us and we'll be in contact soon. Thanks for your patience and enthusiasm. :)

Buck3t #14 Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 12405 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostTE_maaw_, on 13 May 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

GL and its good to see old player coming back to the game.

Pretty sure there are few teams (even gold league team) looking for player atm so go and promote yourself.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

TE Is a very different team than what I remember. Where has Comix, djuice, deathskyz etc gone?!

MagicalFlyingFox #15 Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25557 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostFurbex, on 13 May 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

TE Is a very different team than what I remember. Where has Comix, djuice, deathskyz etc gone?!

Other games. :D

Comix and donkey came back a couple months ago. 

TE_maaw_ #16 Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Live Streamer
  • 37935 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostFurbex, on 13 May 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

comix stop play about 2 years ago, djuice and spencer 1 year ago (spencer play wows right now)

Ajax__ #17 Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:08 PM

Corporal

• 152 battles

What about Deksta?

xRainbowAssassinx #18 Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

Captain

• 27718 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostD0V3R, on 13 May 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

What about Deksta?

please go to sleep. you shoudn't be up this late big boi. 

Edited by xRainbowAssassinx, 13 May 2017 - 11:09 PM.

TE_maaw_ #19 Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

Major

• Live Streamer
  • 37935 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostD0V3R, on 13 May 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

What about Deksta?

deksta still in the team but hes not playing that much busy with RL, after comix and co. leave it was me and him that take over the team and now we have saffe and skell helping

TE_Saffe #20 Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Major

• Live Streamer
  • 33280 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostFurbex, on 11 May 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

Hi All.

Myself and a couple of friends have recently returned to World of Tanks after a two year+ break (I think?) and we're interested in starting up our tournament team again.
Some of you may remember my IGN (Was Bucket in the old days) and may remember the tourney team NUMB or Mindfreak. We were one of, if not the best Aussie/NZ Only teams who participated in two lan events and finished third in Gold League in our last season playing together.

A few of us have taken time to get real life sorted after being burnt out by this game and the pressure of competitive tournament play. Many of us now have much less time to dedicate to the game but are still interested in becoming competitive again with hopefully less time and effort than what was required last time.

Requirements for joining/applying to team:

• Reside in Australia or New Zealand
  • Genuine Competitive Interest
  • A good attitude towards learning and practice
  • The ability to admit when you're wrong
  • The ability to have fun/take s**t/talk smack (But there is a time and place for everything and when we play, we play for reelz). On this point - There is a much better chance for you to be in this team if majority of the team like you and enjoy your company but I do understand not everyone gets along with everyone, that is just human nature.

Preferences for joining/apply to team:

• Decent pub stats - This is not the be all and end all. Quite honestly, our original and even final team before we stopped playing had 2 or at max 3 unicum players and the rest were trash idiots like me that just yolo every pub. Pub stats can be a decent indicator in your ability to take the game a bit more seriously than others but won't be the first or last thing we look at
  • A range of tier 10 tanks that are of tournament standard - Again, this is not the be all and end all. Most of us are still grinding a few lines required for tournies due to us all having the tier 8 tourney tanks from the old format. A good start would be: Batchat, Obj140/62a, TVP, Kranvagn, Maus, E5, a TD and a light tank line (Don't know what will be used as of yet with the new patch but the T-54Lightweight looks broken as f***)
  • 80%-100% Attendance -100% Attendance to all training and matches - This is impossible and we all understand that. However, if you can't make 80% of the training/games don't bother applying, we want a small solid group probably no larger than 8 or 9 (I don't like having reserves... been there done that and can't stand the whinging, even though there's a simple solution - get gud). If you say you're going to be there - BE THERE!
  • Do your own research - this is a close to my heart one being the incumbent strat caller for our last team after our team captain got sick of it (I understood why after two weeks). I spent hours upon hours studying games from all regions + opponent games to gain an edge. I spent even more hours in training rooms getting positions and strats prepared for team training for people to turn up an hour late with no warning wasting everyones time even after they got there. This isn't armchair tanks where Captain Neckbeard is calling a camp strat in Clam wars, understand your tank and the maps better than anyone and you'll be successful. 

Things to expect:

• A learning environment - We're still transitioning to the new format of tier 10s and attack/defense mode but as a team who used to be considered one of the most aggressive, we believe it will be a pleasant change for us.
  • A fun environment - Everyone has equal say in discussions and we can all chill and take the piss out of each other at the end of the day
  • A winning environment - Personally, I don't want to spend hours of my already busy week preparing for matches and tournaments only to lose every game we play. In contrast, I don't believe losing is bad - as a team we've done it a lot and it helped us become the team we were.
  • Participation in WGL Leagues (Hopefully Gold asap)

So that about has it. If you have any questions please leave them in here or feel free to contact me in game or by forum mail. 

Cheers

Guy/Bucket/Furbex

EDIT: Spelling/Grammar - Was born in the 90s so I proofread after I've submitted/sent (and if it's a uni assignment, I just don't proofread at all)

Good luck guys

need more teams in the region to bring the competition up.

Hope you do well but remember it will take time to get back into things. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users