Jump to content


Arty's Platoon


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Chifond #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 327 battles
  • 8
  • [S_M] S_M
  • Member since:
    08-22-2015

I'm a new player to this game, being introduced by my friend last week and I tried LT HT MT and immediately finally fell in love with SPG (arty) and get myself a tier4 arty by now~

 

Problem arised when I tried playing with my friend, we never know that the recent 9.18 patch is banning arty from platoon, which sucks and counter-productive in my opinion~

 

Now, since I only played this game, I only get to experience it by 9.18~ and I see so many ppl complains about arty pre-9.18 but from my experience so far 9.18 arty is not that bad I think? Arty can still be blitzed by LTs and also sniped by TD or HT~

 

What I don't get is why banning arty from platooning? I read that its to prevent 3 SPG platoon, but doesnt that means 2, heck even 1, SPG per platoon is possible? Is it just laziness on WG end? It really turn me off from the game, especially since me and my friend really look forward to play together but now I am being forced to play solo or get other type of tanks to play together (which is boring, since if everyone just play all LT MT or HT in one platoon then wheres the teamwork? Its just us rushing and shooting at the same target, not encouraging team play whatsoever)

 

I guess I'm ranting because I look forward to enjoy this game only to be dissapointed and considering to uninstall in less than 2 weeks >.>



Ajax__ #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 152 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    03-12-2017

Have to agree to some point. I don't see any reasons as to why arty can't be in platoons.

 

Maybe the 3 in one platoon I can somewhat agree to but 1 shouldn't be an issue.


Edited by Ajax__, 19 May 2017 - 07:09 AM.


RainbowAssassin #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:01 AM

    Apache Attack Helicopter

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 39548 battles
  • 2,125
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
  • Member since:
    03-10-2013

View PostAjax__, on 19 May 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

Have to agree to some point. I don't see any reasons as to why arty can't be in platoons.

 

Maybe the 3 in one platoon I can somewhat agree to but 1 shouldn't be an issue.

 

How else do you boom boom your platoon mate without getting a ban.

 

I would never suggest team killing :) That is against the rules.


 
Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, T110E4, E100, TVP T 50/51, OBJ. 260, T110E3, STB-1, FV4005 Stage II, T95/FV4201, M48A5 Patton
 

 


conquisador21 #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

    Leek Master

  • Member
  • 16521 battles
  • 278
  • Member since:
    11-29-2012
Imagine the agony of players getting hit by artillery simultaneously (imagine being stunned again and again) because of coordination benefits of a platoon. spg 1> 15 sec stunned - spg 2> 15 sec stunned - spg 3> 15 sec stunned >> rinse and repeat.

Edited by conquisador21, 19 May 2017 - 10:11 AM.


U12D13 #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

    IRL Garbage Collector

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 41914 battles
  • 2,025
  • [FUNI] FUNI
  • Member since:
    12-11-2013
Arty platoons are cancerous but if its 1 arty + other tanks I don't see why not. Just limit the arty qty in platoons to 1 max and there ya go.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!


_UsagiTsukino_ #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

    Make WoT Great Again

  • Member
  • 41567 battles
  • 580
  • [RGZ] RGZ
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013
I cant help smiling whenever I see a clicker whining thread, well done WG  :teethhappy:

 

3 MoE tanks: T110E5, IS7, T62A, Obj140, CAX, STB-1, M48 Patton, FV215b, Batchat25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B ...

My replays
My twitch
 


Chifond #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 327 battles
  • 8
  • [S_M] S_M
  • Member since:
    08-22-2015

View Postconquisador21, on 19 May 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Imagine the agony of players getting hit by artillery simultaneously (imagine being stunned again and again) because of coordination benefits of a platoon. spg 1> 15 sec stunned - spg 2> 15 sec stunned - spg 3> 15 sec stunned >> rinse and repeat.

hence I only suggest to a 1 SPG per platoon~

 

View PostU12D13, on 19 May 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Arty platoons are cancerous but if its 1 arty + other tanks I don't see why not. Just limit the arty qty in platoons to 1 max and there ya go.

yep yep

 

View Post__Miracle__, on 19 May 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

I cant help smiling whenever I see a clicker whining thread, well done WG  :teethhappy:

clicker whining? heh, I see you are one of those tanks who stand in plain sight and expect to go all-in guns blazing then get rekt by an arty shell~ I can't help but smile whenever I see arty-hater comments about how much their game is improved when they are just being a whiny crybaby who cant utilize the map properly  :D



U12D13 #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

    IRL Garbage Collector

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 41914 battles
  • 2,025
  • [FUNI] FUNI
  • Member since:
    12-11-2013

View Post__Miracle__, on 19 May 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

I cant help smiling whenever I see a clicker whining thread, well done WG  :teethhappy:

 

Dont see much of a while on this thread. Its a pretty legit concerm. Even arty haters like me will need to play arty at some point to get things like personal missions done, and simply because its "arty", I cannot platoon up with my friends, its kind of weird. Especially if its not an arty platoon (which was toxic and frankly the main issue in the past with 2+ arty focusing on one target) 


I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!


Chifond #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 327 battles
  • 8
  • [S_M] S_M
  • Member since:
    08-22-2015

View PostU12D13, on 19 May 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

 

Dont see much of a while on this thread. Its a pretty legit concerm. Even arty haters like me will need to play arty at some point to get things like personal missions done, and simply because its "arty", I cannot platoon up with my friends, its kind of weird. Especially if its not an arty platoon (which was toxic and frankly the main issue in the past with 2+ arty focusing on one target) 

 

thank you, I mean there are a lot of different playstyles and arty has its own niche of players~ from what I read they aready nerf arty damage from one-shotting everything to just aoe (area of effect) spread shot with stun~ so why all the hate then?

 

and you can nerf everything you want from a component of a game, but banning it from the most important aspect of an MMO (which is the 1st and 2nd M, if you didn't live under the rock you would notice that its Massive Multiplayer) is just outright telling everyone who plays it to just play another game at this point >.>


Edited by Chifond, 19 May 2017 - 01:26 PM.


Chifond #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 327 battles
  • 8
  • [S_M] S_M
  • Member since:
    08-22-2015

View PostLittleTimmy, on 19 May 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

To quote a certain unicorn streamer. "Taking away the ability for artillery to platoon is just the first step in removing artillery from the game"

 

why not just remove it altogether then? why all these half-[edited] steps? are they that concerned to give out compensations for people who has tier10 arties?

mig31foxhound #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

    Frenchie of RTA2

  • Beta-Tester
  • 20593 battles
  • 3,891
  • Member since:
    03-08-2012
I'm ok with you're gonna make 3-arty platoon, it doesn't matter because arty teamwork like a pro even without platooning right now as I saw them do focus fire a lot in my O-Ho and just made me feel like my spall liner only make my ramming more powerful. Here is my suggestion, increase dispersion, or reduce the splash radius, so you can't stun people with just lucky poor aim. BTW, since 9.18 comes live, whenever I sleep I always have a dream that one day ARTY SHALL BE REMOVED!!!

Don't mind me, I'm just a green tomato.

I'm just a Derp Apprentice of The Derp Side.

Come to the Derp Side...


Chifond #12 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 327 battles
  • 8
  • [S_M] S_M
  • Member since:
    08-22-2015

View Postmig31foxhound, on 19 May 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

I'm ok with you're gonna make 3-arty platoon, it doesn't matter because arty teamwork like a pro even without platooning right now as I saw them do focus fire a lot in my O-Ho and just made me feel like my spall liner only make my ramming more powerful. Here is my suggestion, increase dispersion, or reduce the splash radius, so you can't stun people with just lucky poor aim. BTW, since 9.18 comes live, whenever I sleep I always have a dream that one day ARTY SHALL BE REMOVED!!!

 

well we don't really need 3-arty platoon since it's more efficient to have 1 arty-2 other platoon~ it encourage teamwork too~ but then again, if they want to remove arty then by all means do it instead of doing things half-assed like this >.>




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users