For those who haven't seen it yet....

sirfoch rip

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

xXRainbowAssassinx #1 Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:30 AM

No hOpE left.

• 27563 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

SirFoch apparently was threatened by WG for the video he uploaded.

Can read what he said here.

Replacement video is here.

Original video is here.

TheRealHaifisch #2 Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 26005 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK
i expect this thread wont last long

Special Talent: Can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

"I am as agile as a brick" - Figure11
"We Maus Now" - E-50M as the only Tier 10 vs a Maus.... for a win

"What does the Toilet Paper do?" - cod1933

afoxq #3 Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

Ultimate LUCK Killstealer

• 38662 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostTheRealHaifisch, on 21 May 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

i expect this thread wont last long

Censorship is LUCK™

Survived the Bread & Butter Rektage of 2015/16

Survived the DPS Bus Apocalypse of 2014

Winning was is LUCK™

conquisador21 #4 Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

Leek Master

• 16524 battles
Mk. 10 Censorship Laser charging from the moon base!

topshelf #5 Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:12 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 19429 battles
  • [AAD] AAD
Thanks for those other YTer links. There seems to be more vids about the issue from non-WOT YTers by the minute. Great to see.

Gani_GANz #6 Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

First lieutenant

• 15523 battles

View Postconquisador21, on 20 May 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Mk. 10 Censorship Laser charging from the moon base!

there is also a prototype of the copyright super-gun with DMCA Composite-Rigid shells ready in the moon base

3 Marks : T29, T-34

2 Marks : T34, Comet, T-54, STA-1, VK100.01P

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #7 Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
Looks like some of those disgruntled player wanna bring down WOT while they leave.. best gaming drama 2K17 :D

Edited by jessica_raven, 21 May 2017 - 01:41 AM.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

pokeranger24 #8 Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:13 AM

Dark Meister of Tanks

• 10309 battles

View Postjessica_raven, on 21 May 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

Looks like some of those disgruntled player wanna bring down WOT while they leave.. best gaming drama 2K17 :D

I dont think he wants to leave but voicing his opinion to stop WG from being too pay to win and stop creating OP tanks like the defender and new GF tank and thus telling players to use gold ammo to win

The Great Overlords of Wargaming have bestowed me with the Title of Dark Meister of Tanks, The controller of RNG and MM

Thou must shout my name if you want favorable RNG and MM

xXRainbowAssassinx #9 Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:11 AM

No hOpE left.

• 27563 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
Yeah he said himself that he loved the game but WG are just ruining it with this pay2win movement at the moment.

neokai #10 Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

Will discuss with the other mods about this - personally, I'm okay with this thread (though kinda apprehensive about the original video upload) as a form of civil demonstration. The operative word though is "civil". The potential for this thread to be forum TNT is there, and I won't hesitate to shut the thread down if it becomes anything like the night of long dongs. Once is enough for me, tyvm.

Share the facts, state your opinion civilly and I think the thread can be left alone.

So this is what I will share - a lot of folks are demonising Ph3lan, the community coordinator over in EU and essentially the staff that manages EU Community Contributors like SirFoch. SirFoch uploaded the exact PM they had here. You can read for yourself and make your own judgement about Ph3lan's responses.

Spoiler

Politx_killer #11 Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

Loard of Luck™

• Beta-Tester
  • 43782 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The ignorance shown by the majority of the playerbase doesn't suprise me, this has been happening since day dot. Look how long its taken to get a reasonable MM (*dons tinfoil* some could say have more lower tiers in the battle will force more gold round spam)

They can and will put profit before any balancing. WG aren't even that bad compared to some of the others (Gaijin, my.com) 

Personally i think foch just chucked a tantrum, whilst having valid points went about it in the wrong way. Still fwarken funny though. 

Also afoxq, stahp stealing my thundertm

Forever duelling with pistols for Reaps hat collection.

Also just for Feet

xXRainbowAssassinx #12 Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

No hOpE left.

• 27563 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View Postneokai, on 21 May 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

Will discuss with the other mods about this - personally, I'm okay with this thread (though kinda apprehensive about the original video upload) as a form of civil demonstration. The operative word though is "civil". The potential for this thread to be forum TNT is there, and I won't hesitate to shut the thread down if it becomes anything like the night of long dongs. Once is enough for me, tyvm.

Share the facts, state your opinion civilly and I think the thread can be left alone.

So this is what I will share - a lot of folks are demonising Ph3lan, the community coordinator over in EU and essentially the staff that manages EU Community Contributors like SirFoch. SirFoch uploaded the exact PM they had here. You can read for yourself and make your own judgement about Ph3lan's responses.

Original vid isn't any different to anything else Foch has uploaded tbh.

xXRainbowAssassinx #13 Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

No hOpE left.

• 27563 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostPolitx_killer, on 21 May 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

The ignorance shown by the majority of the playerbase doesn't suprise me, this has been happening since day dot. Look how long its taken to get a reasonable MM (*dons tinfoil* some could say have more lower tiers in the battle will force more gold round spam)

They can and will put profit before any balancing. WG aren't even that bad compared to some of the others (Gaijin, my.com) 

Personally i think foch just chucked a tantrum, whilst having valid points went about it in the wrong way. Still fwarken funny though. 

Also afoxq, stahp stealing my thundertm

Yah Foch isn't the calmest of guys but I think it's about time someone made a huge fuss of WGs power creep, whether they do it the right way or not.

MagicalFlyingFox #14 Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35566 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

WG's direction of premiums has gone to shit since they buffed the STA-2 to be better than the STA-1 and brought out the Skorpion G.

In regards to premiums, WG have royally [edited] up. 

Then WG continued their direction of making armour relevant to the game with the E5 remodel. Then they brought out the T26E5 and AMX M4 49. Then they buffed the Maus and brought in the new Maus line... AND buffed the Type 5 and gave both types the stupid outright better gold round derp gun. Then they brought in the defender and now the chrysler. 

This with arty rebalance and corridor maps makes this game literally unplayable if the enemy have more superheavies. 

It took them over 12 months to rebalance the E5.

For another example. Remember when WG first tried to bring out the Mauschen? Yes. It was imbalanced. Top tier? Obliterate everything. Bottom tier? Die for nothing. So WG decided that it wasn't good for the game.

What has changed that suddenly made it good for the game? Nothing. Its shit for the game. It also got more armour this time around so its harder for tier 10s to bully it. Lower tiers can get shat on even more because screw you for not joining the meta. 

WG just want to ruin the credit economy with more gold ammo sinks and profit from the OP premium tanks and credit bundles. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Whooohooo #15 Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 15389 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL
i see nothing new... i go with the flow... if it not fitting me then i stop playing it... then comeback after a while to see if it better or worse

my sig also got HD buff ?

Gani_GANz #16 Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

First lieutenant

• 15523 battles

View Postneokai, on 21 May 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

how would WG react to this situation? considering that this is a serious situation... basically like a global scale rally to liberate SirFoch and against the p2w powercreep premium tanks.

also, a lot of community members / players are totally against WG now...

Edited by G_A_N_I, 21 May 2017 - 10:48 AM.

3 Marks : T29, T-34

2 Marks : T34, Comet, T-54, STA-1, VK100.01P

MadHouse10101 #17 Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

Legit T-22 btw

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 21724 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
Hmmmm how did I know what this thread was before I clicked on it 

WarpZone #18 Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

Staff sergeant

• 1346 battles
  • [-UWU-] -UWU-
He was right about the tank tho.
although the way he voiced out his criticism about the tank, not so much..

topshelf #19 Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 19429 battles
  • [AAD] AAD

It is amusing that days before their annual flagship event, WG's getting more press then they've probably ever had but no mention of the WGL grand finals. No wonder they maybe a bit sensitive to it all.

I saw the community manager in EU put up an initial response suggesting defamatory statements - although that would only come into it if Foch was stating things as fact not just his own opinion and I think the original vid was pretty obviously his own opinion.

But taking aside the so called "pay to win" premium tanks, given non-premiums have had significant armour buffs as well, is this not just WG's strategy to give armour more of a role in a game when it's largely become obsolete?

In regard to OP premiums, again couldn't this just be WG's way of introducing an incentive to buy them since they've done away with preferential MM premiums? Perhaps their sales figures were showing that people weren't paying for premiums as much for tanks that were essentially just crew trainers, they needed something else to encourage sales? Not saying they've gone about it the right way but perhaps this is what they're trying. Problem is, they're introduced so many OP premiums that will impact the game for a long time. Of course it's happened before with the Type 59 (pre-nerfs), even the PzIIJ. The IIJ until recently was hard to get hold of and only impacted lower tiers. But the Type 59 caused issues for a long time. They've clearly not learnt their lesson.

One thing Foch said though that I think was spot on was that the new range of premiums coming out (at a fast pace) are making the regular tech tree tanks obsolete. If that continues to happen, then imo the game will decline at a much faster rate. Or just end up like China server with Type 59 G's running around everywhere.

conquisador21 #20 Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

Leek Master

• 16524 battles

View PostWarpZone, on 21 May 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

He was right about the tank tho.
although the way he voiced out his criticism about the tank, not so much..

Well, he snap. Who wouldn't be like that after consecutive release of that "kind" of tanks. 

Also tagged with sirfoch, rip

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users