Is the Chrysler K a "Good" Tank?

Chrysler K GF #FreeFoch

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

4TankersAndDog #1 Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

First lieutenant

• 109 battles

Let's take a step back from the whole FreeFoch stuff, roll the clock back, and talk about if the Chrysler K GF is itself actually a "Good" Tank:

Now I don't have a K-Tank and have no intention of buying one, but I find it funny when I see comments like 'I don't shoot gold because I'm awesome and you all are [edited], learn to tank' or 'it's armor isn't OP at all, some 50 100 buttered his whole clip through my LFP once so you're all wrong', or even 'I get bottom tier every battle and everybody shoots me first, this tank sucks'...individual experiences, especially for only individual battles, don't prove anything.  To see what's going on we need to cast our net wider, and look at the statistics for the community as a whole.  Using VBaddict's data, let's talk stats:

Is the K-Tank OP?

Currently the K-Tank is in 3rd place for WR of all Tier 8 tanks, only behind the super-rare IS-5 and the previous super-OP premium the o252.  So yes, hell yes, 54.91% as the average WR is very very good.

Is the K-Tank's armor OP?

Currently in the ranking of all Tier 8 tanks for "Shots received w/o damage", the K-Tank is in 4th placebeating out both the o252 and the Liberte.  So yes, hell yes, that's some very very good armor.

Is the K-Tank actually doing damage then?

Absolutely, it ranks 7th in over-all damage dealt per minute, beating out tanks like the Patriot and Emil I.

So is the K-Tank shooting gold to do that damage?

Looking at just the ammunition resupply cost, for all Tier 8 tanks, the K-Tank ranks 4th from the top with over 21K silver spent on average per battle.  So yes, hell yes, that's a lot of silver being sent down range.

And therefore the K-Tank's over-all profitability?

Looking at just premium tanks this time, the K-Tank is way way down the list in 29th place making only 10.3K silver per match.  A profit yes, but compared to the other American Tier 8 Premiums...the SuperP is in 23rd with 14.4K profit, the good old T34 in 8th with 19.8K profit, and the #1 net profit Tier 8 Premium Tank of ANY nation is the T26E5 Patriot with an average 23.3K profit per game.

So let's be more specific about the label "Good" tank:

Is it good for you?  Well for your WR and grinding your American HT crews, yes, but if you add in credit profits I'd say the T26E5 Patriot is a far better more rounded premium tank for your $$.
Is it good for WG?  Considering people are A, buying it for hard cash, and B soaking up and shooting massive amounts of gold ammo as proved above, yes absolutely this is great for WG's bottom line.
Is it good for The World (of Tanks)? NO, absolutely not.  Of the top 10 WR tanks at Tier 8, only *two* are not premium.  Of the top Damage dealt-per-minute tanks, only *ONE* isn't premium.  Of the top 10 'shots received w/o damage' tanks only *ONE* isn't premium.  Over the past year the meta for Tier 8 has been completely broken by this endless stream of OP premium tanks, and the K-Tank is just the latest log added to the fire of this burning issue, and another nail in the coffin of game play fun for the average tanker at Tier 8.

How to become a somewhat-less-tomato Tanker:                       

Live Stream (Every Thursday, 'Tooning /w Tankers!)        -     Map Guides (where the heck do I go on this map?)

Scout Guides (how can I be useful with a little scout tank?)    -     Ace Tanker Library (how do I play this stupid tank?)    

Tanking /w Science (is VSTAB always better than a GLD?)     -     Sweet SWAG Store (All your favorite 4T&D gear is right here!)

]                                                   [

_EzioAuditore_ #2 Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:36 AM

Rushes mid every game :^)

• 64049 battles
  • [HIMOG] HIMOG
I reluctantly bought one of the overpowered premiums, the defender, because I have a very good russian ht crew that i can use in it in for sh/cw so I don't get disadvantaged fighting the hordes of overpowered premiums. Really it was so obvious it is such a strong tank, and while it may be good for WG and the people who buy them, it just kills the game further every time people buy one, hate where WG has gone with the premiums nowadays.

Obj 260 Get! 298/300 done with honors!  75/75 obj 260 missions done,73 with honours! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

FramFramson #3 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:24 AM

Major

• 55104 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Balance issues aside, can we all agree that the Chrysler K is one of the ugliest tanks ever released by WG?

mttspiii #4 Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:10 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 35174 battles
  • [KYLIE] KYLIE

View PostFramFramson, on 24 May 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

Balance issues aside, can we all agree that the Chrysler K is one of the ugliest tanks ever released by WG?

Nope, I find its rear corner MG's to have an odd charm to it.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

spacewolf #5 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 80371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFramFramson, on 24 May 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

Cmon Fram, we all bed a fat chick at some point. Give the K a little love mate.

Proudly sponsored by WG

FramFramson #6 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:23 AM

Major

• 55104 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Well, the K certainly has "more cushion for the pushin'", I'll give you that.

spacewolf #7 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 80371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's got a face only a mother could love. Put on the beer goggles tho and it looks like Jessica Alba.

Proudly sponsored by WG

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #8 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

Major

• 10950 battles

View Postspacewolf, on 24 May 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

Cmon Fram, we all bed a fat chick at some point. Give the K a little love mate.

Spacey is Remembering his Younger days,.........

It was early spring and Tank Camp had just begun.

He was a bit shy, being a NEWB to Tankery.  He struggled making friends until he met his First Tank Camp love.

She was a "Solidly" built girl, shunned because of big frame and slow movement, but she had a good gun and thick skin that seemed to deflect any insult thrown her way.

When the other Boys were picking on his Tankery skills in his T1 Cunningham, she came to his defence, using her thick skin to protect him from harm, and big gun to swat the smaller tanks away.

They quickly became the BEST of friends and inseperable for the rest of the Camp.

On the Final day of Camp, in morning sun he saw her, the sun casting a Halo of Angelic light around her, he saw her for the Majestic, Beauty Queen she was on the Inside.

And so began the young Spring Love affair with Majestic, Stunning TOG II...................

:trollface:

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

misterD #9 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:45 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 40378 battles
  • [JFL] JFL

well,after all the hazzle.....SIR FOCH made another video..........so make your own decision based on this , finally ,  SIR FOCH is NOT SWEARING in about NINETEEN minutes!!!!!!!!

https://thedailybounce.net/

i hope quoting this adress is appropiate Neo Kai?

Ezz #10 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:46 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 77427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

A fine summation. But is anyone at WG listening?

As long as their main question is 'will it fund the moon base?' instead of 'is it balanced?' we'll keep getting similar shit.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #11 Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:47 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 80371 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostInglorious_Aussie_Tanker, on 24 May 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Spacey is Remembering his Younger days,.........

It was early spring and Tank Camp had just begun.

He was a bit shy, being a NEWB to Tankery.  He struggled making friends until he met his First Tank Camp love.

She was a "Solidly" built girl, shunned because of big frame and slow movement, but she had a good gun and thick skin that seemed to deflect any insult thrown her way.

When the other Boys were picking on his Tankery skills in his T1 Cunningham, she came to his defence, using her thick skin to protect him from harm, and big gun to swat the smaller tanks away.

They quickly became the BEST of friends and inseperable for the rest of the Camp.

On the Final day of Camp, in morning sun he saw her, the sun casting a Halo of Angelic light around her, he saw her for the Majestic, Beauty Queen she was on the Inside.

And so began the young Spring Love affair with Majestic, Stunning TOG II...................

:trollface:

Sadly perky brit tog's weren't around in the younger WOT days, we had to make do with the KV2 being the big girl of choice.

Large russian ladies so stronk.

Proudly sponsored by WG

KuroYukiOuji #12 Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 18897 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View Postmttspiii, on 24 May 2017 - 04:10 AM, said:

Nope, I find its rear corner MG's to have an odd charm to it.

Ahh the symmetry

Otakubouzu #13 Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

Major

• 17298 battles

View PostEzz, on 24 May 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

A fine summation. But is anyone at WG listening?

As long as their main question is 'will it fund the moon base?' instead of 'is it balanced?' we'll keep getting similar shit.

The saddest thing is no actual moonbase involved here. For all we know the money is spend for new yacht for upper management (and investors) while the actual programmers eats ramen for breakfast,lunch and dinner. 

Edited by Otakubouzu, 24 May 2017 - 12:35 PM.

Back to World of Tanks for now.

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #14 Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

Major

• 10950 battles

View PostOtakubouzu, on 24 May 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

The saddest thing is no actual moonbase involved here. For all we know the money is spend for new yacht for upper management (and investors) while the actual programmers eats ramen for breakfast,lunch and dinner. 

Convertable MOON Buggies.  :trollface:

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #15 Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:04 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles

View PostOtakubouzu, on 24 May 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

But moonbase add some humor to it, and it sound less 'evil' since its fictional.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

CardinalMite #16 Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:25 AM

Captain

• 34282 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

As to the question of is it good for Wargaming?

Short term yes but in its current form no long term. This whole SirFoch debacle may actually be exactly what was needed to act as a wake-up call for WG. Not just in how they treat the community and communicate with them but that it has drawn major attention to the cynical and blatant shift towards pay to win in many ways. So much so they are going to have to officially respond as they have stated  they will do. That doesn't mean they will respond by doing what they ought to but they can't just pretend this is something the community is ok with.

By the way Asia community team you may not have been involved with the SirFoch incident, however issues of poor communication with the community (e.g. giving no information on release dates ahead of new patches until at best the day of release) apply to you too. Also it was disappointing that the statement around not censoring and not abusing copyright strikes was only signed by 2 of the 4 community managers.

But I  digress, I suspect that if the Chrysler and several other p2w premiums are not nerfed that actually it will end up costing them the f2p playerbase which could well bring about the death of the game at least in the less active regions like Asia and NA. I hope that they are starting to understand that is what they risk with this policy.

It would be painful for them to nerf these premiums and probably cost them in compensation which is something they have avoided historically. But that is the price of recovering credibility...take the hit WG balance the game properly, monetise through more cosmetic bling rather than p2w and you will make more money out of this game long term.

Edited by CardinalMite, 25 May 2017 - 06:30 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Ezz #17 Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:31 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 77427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It will be a wake up call the moment revenue starts falling. Bad PR matters little to the bean counters. They'll only start considering changing things when their bottom line starts getting hit.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #18 Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

Captain

• 34282 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 24 May 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

It will be a wake up call the moment revenue starts falling. Bad PR matters little to the bean counters. They'll only start considering changing things when their bottom line starts getting hit.

Although I hope you are wrong and that they will be smart enough to see it coming based on the reaction of this incident, I fear you may be right.

Problem with that is if they only react when the f2p are leaving the game and that starts to cause MM issues, which then triggers defection by the paying player.... then it will already be too late. Momentum tends to be very hard to reverse even if they do all the right things..

Edited by CardinalMite, 25 May 2017 - 06:45 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Thingol #19 Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:49 AM

Captain

• 14958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
In simple terms, if you don't like the direction the unbalancing department is going with the latest premiums (and there can be no doubt this is a deliberate policy) - don't buy them.

Ezz #20 Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:50 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 77427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
One suspects that given 7 out of the 10 most played 8s are premiums the f2p crowd is already beginning to leave... or at least that tier. Which to be honest is probably the most broken at the moment so take it with a grain or two of salt.

Also tagged with Chrysler K GF, #FreeFoch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users