• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4421 battles
  • [WG] WG

Dear Players.

Being an international gaming company, we strive to provide our players with a gaming environment which is free of controversial topics.
One such topic is the Rising Sun flag and its related variants, and how and where they can be used within our gaming environment.

Our stance on this topic has not altered, however to avoid any misunderstandings, please refer to the below guidelines and rulings which clarify some specific points.

Communication platforms

• Within our forums and other communication platforms such as Facebook, wiki, etc the rising sun flag is permitted to be displayed for relevant topics. 
    For example:  Photographs of current Japanese Defence Ships & Historical Japanese Warships/Planes/Equipment/etc. 
    Are all examples of situations where the rising sun is permitted within our environment. 
    Additionally discussions making general reference to the rising sun flag are also permitted.
  • However, political or nationalistic charged imagery or discussions on the Rising Sun,or associated variants, or any other Religious/Nationalistic/Political topics, are prohibited within our forums and other provided communication platforms.

In Game

• Players wishing to alter In-game flags to use the "Japanese Rising Sun Flag", or any other alternative flag graphics (Client Side), may install any of the many player made addon "Additional/Replacement flags" mods which are freely available in the "Fanzone - Mods" section of our games forums. WOT Fan Zone
  • However use of the Rising Sun flag and associated variants, in game (Server Side), such as in the way of "In game clan logo's", are prohibited.

With the above being said.. we look forward to continue to provide all players from all nations and cultures, a fantastic and fun gaming experience.

For a full Ruleset please refer to Game Rules , Forum Rules , EULA & TOS

Feel free to like my Wargaming Facebook Page WGTanitha

Tanitha #2 Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4421 battles
  • [WG] WG

Dear Players.

Please note there has been no alteration to the ruling and our stance above.

However there has been a need to provide some examples and make the existing rules a bit clearer..

Additionally with out continued expansion into more and more countries and associated languages, the above required translation and republishing into all of our supported languages.

Have a great weekend.
And happy tanking.

Regards
Tan

Sierradelta09 #3 Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

Sergeant

• 8344 battles
  • [MTP] MTP
wait !! i say in summer of 2015 a clan with a logo of a rising sun the only thing i remember is he is using a At15 

Edited by Sierradelta09, 29 May 2017 - 08:24 PM.

NOPE 

Tanitha #4 Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

WOT Producer

• Administrator
  • 4421 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostSierradelta09, on 29 May 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

wait !! i say in summer of 2015 a clan with a logo of a rising sun the only thing i remember is he is using a At15 

Rule violations happen all the time.

Then we moderate and handle the rule violations.

So yes, clans use logos prohibited by our rules all the time, and then we remove them.

Regards
Tan

s70blackhawk #5 Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

Sergeant

• 21551 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

Duplicate posting.  Content removed, user warned.

~Wasaabi

Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

s70blackhawk #6 Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:44 PM

Sergeant

• 21551 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View Posts70blackhawk, on 29 October 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Duplicate posting.  Content removed, user warned.

~Wasaabi

No feedback has been given on this topic whatsoever and I was told in the other thread that this was "off topic." So go figure I would be moderated in the correct thread?The offending WG material hasn’t been removed or amended. . Then please remove the content in the other thread and leave the rightful information here then where it belongs. 

This is two warnings for this topic. That’s it. I am officially putting in a complaint to review of illegal use of emblems by WG. 

Edited by s70blackhawk, 29 October 2017 - 09:07 PM.

Fun_D3str0y3r_Saffe #7 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 35625 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Posts70blackhawk, on 29 October 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

No feedback has been given on this topic whatsoever and I was told in the other thread that this was "off topic." So go figure I would be moderated in the correct thread?The offending WG material hasn’t been removed or amended. . Then please remove the content in the other thread and leave the rightful information here then where it belongs. 

This is two warnings for this topic. That’s it. I am officially putting in a complaint to review of illegal use of emblems by WG. 

Are you ok mate?

I think maybe you should try to find a hobby, maybe go outside? do something productive with your time?

I am sure there are more important things out there for you to be the PC police off.

"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
FeelsBirthday

Derp__ #8 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:38 AM

Corporal

• 32652 battles
  • [RAISE] RAISE

View PostTE_Saffe, on 29 October 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Are you ok mate?

I think maybe you should try to find a hobby, maybe go outside? do something productive with your time?

I am sure there are more important things out there for you to be the PC police off.

^^

Just got over from NA, feel free to say hello. Still have my NA sig cause now I need 1000 battles on ASIA.

o7

JOC469 #9 Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 66310 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View Posts70blackhawk, on 29 October 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

Maybe you should also consider changing your clan name while you are at it

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

s70blackhawk #10 Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Sergeant

• 21551 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostJOC469, on 30 October 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Maybe you should also consider changing your clan name while you are at it

Why? We do not associate ourselves with the Australian Defence Force. Perhaps you should learn to read and spell?

Our clan name is Australian Defense Force.

This is done deliberately, and at no point has anyone ever (to my knowledge) lead on to believe we are representing that organisation.

I notice you don't go after [-1AR-] 1st Armoured Regiment or any of the other Australia Defence Force Clan Names? I wonder why.

But that's ok you're allowed to be a hypocrite, you can hide behind "other" forums with all the other trolls and insult "under the forum rules radar" here without red crayon.

Centurion_IRL #11 Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 28483 battles

View Posts70blackhawk, on 30 October 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

Why? We do not associate ourselves with the Australian Defence Force. Perhaps you should learn to read and spell?

This is done deliberately, and at no point has anyone ever (to my knowledge) lead on to believe we are representing that organisation.

I notice you don't go after [-1AR-] 1st Armoured Regiment or any of the other Australia Defence Force Clan Names? I wonder why.

But that's ok you're allowed to be a hypocrite, you can hide behind "other" forums with all the other trolls and insult "under the forum rules radar" here without red crayon.

if you can find a rule violation in his statement then send me the appropriate quoted text from the Forum Rules, EULA or Terms of Service, until then do not make allegations

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

"Judge me not by how I fall, but how I stand myself back up again"

"There's a reason you go to a zoo and you don't get eaten by Lions, they're in the cages. That's how that works."

s70blackhawk #12 Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

Sergeant

• 21551 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 30 October 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

if you can find a rule violation in his statement then send me the appropriate quoted text from the Forum Rules, EULA or Terms of Service, until then do not make allegations

That's the point mate... they are just trying to trigger me "under the radar" of the forum rules, so you won't find it. The point is you need to see this in context (of other threads etc). You also need to see what "they" say on the "other" forums (including senior moderators) to understand this reply.

Until then, perhaps you should be asking them to not make this thread about anything else other than a violation of Australian Law I am pointing out.

A bit like you did for the other thread you told us to "keep to the topic." So I posted the replies here in a more appropriate thread in accordance with the forum rules, but as you can see, this was "moderated."

Edited by s70blackhawk, 30 October 2017 - 03:48 PM.

Centurion_IRL #13 Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 28483 battles

I dont read the other forums as I am responsible for what is posted here.

It is my understanding that you have taken issue with emblems, medals and insignia used in the ANZ promotion video which are currently not defined as Prohibited logos by WG as they do not have any negative historical or political reference.

It is also my understanding that WG legal are contacting the ADF (Australian Defence Force) to see if any laws have been broken and to seek guidance for further use when promoting the game in Australia

This thread was created for the sole purpose of clarifying the use of the Rising Sun emblem due to the sensitive nature of that image in the servers playing region

"There's a reason you go to a zoo and you don't get eaten by Lions, they're in the cages. That's how that works."

s70blackhawk #14 Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

Sergeant

• 21551 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 30 October 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

I dont read the other forums as I am responsible for what is posted here.

It is my understanding that you have taken issue with emblems, medals and insignia used in the ANZ promotion video which are currently not defined as Prohibited logos by WG as they do not have any negative historical or political reference.

It is also my understanding that WG legal are contacting the ADF (Australian Defence Force) to see if any laws have been broken and to seek guidance for further use when promoting the game in Australia

This thread was created for the sole purpose of clarifying the use of the Rising Sun emblem due to the sensitive nature of that image in the servers playing region

You had read my original post in the "other thread" in which you "moderated" to "off topic" so I thought was more appropriate to post here but was removed and "moderated" in this thread by your Senior. You should understand that there isn't an issue with the WG specific emblems, but the unauthorised use of Official Australian Army Ranks, Corps badges, Rising Sun etc.. and disgraceful portrayal of an Army Officer and Senior Non-Commissioned Officer on the World's stage.

As stated many many times on the other thread, if WG had just not used the official emblems and just had a military looking person then I (and my colleagues at work) wouldn't care.

I'm glad that WG legal are contacting Defence, this is what they should of been done before this situation even arose. And if the Army Branding Manager approves this, then there is no harm done because you've done the right thing and by the law. Hence me saying this is "education" for WG and to seek appropriate approvals before WG is potentially issued a fine. I haven't raised a complaint with Army HQ (yet) as I want WG to seek appropriate approval or remove the content.

You can blame the other forum users (even in this thread) for the escalation to the popularity of this discussion.

DanLBob #15 Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 22612 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

Really? Still this? I thought we covered this already. Read the rest of the sections in the code you quoted

Block Quote

(5)  It is not an offence against this section for a person to use or wear a defence emblem or fly a defence flag in the course of a dramatic or other visual representation (including such a representation to be televised) or in the making of a cinematograph film.

There are also exemptions in the Criminal Code for impersonations of officials etc for entertainment or satirical purposes.

Dan

Centurion_IRL #16 Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 28483 battles

OK Lets leave the subject to the legal eagles otherwise this will be the most used thread on the forums

>Centurion_IRL

AntifoulAwl #17 Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

That arty guy you all hate

• 13641 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View Posts70blackhawk, on 30 October 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

What?

I have always been under the impression that somehow the clan ADF was associated with the ADF.

I thought it was full of wannabes who couldn't make the grade or retired diggers who enjoy gaming.

After all, all you have done is use the American spelling of defence. Hardly a differentiation. 

Later that day, they took me away.

Weebl #18 Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:04 AM

Captain

• 15004 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
I have a question? Have you ever served? Because I can tell you right now that most people who have can clearly tell the difference between a bit of a laugh and a Walt.

In my experience it’s people who have never served who get all frothed up over nothing when trying to prove a half assed ‘point’

s70blackhawk #19 Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:11 AM

Sergeant

• 21551 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostWeebl, on 31 October 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

I have a question? Have you ever served? Because I can tell you right now that most people who have can clearly tell the difference between a bit of a laugh and a Walt.

In my experience it’s people who have never served who get all frothed up over nothing when trying to prove a half assed ‘point’

Coming up on 20 years in that very uniform I’m defending. 

What I find is the forum trolls who have never probably served and therefore don’t understand the pride and the reason why these emblems are actually protected by LAW! 

So your experience in this case is wrong. Have a nice day. 

User_000125661 #20 Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

First lieutenant

• 21475 battles
I love how the internet lawyers think they are right and everyone else is wrong.  People you have opinions - nothing more.  For actual military personnel you should be aware of the defence policy on the use of social media.  This issue should not have been raised/debated by you on a public forum.

Edited by agingtanker, 31 October 2017 - 05:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users