Valkyria Chronicles crew are 'stuck' in the tank

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Rhogath #61 Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 13308 battles
Apparently. Unless Tan wants to say otherwise about why they went on sale despite the negativity 

JOC469 #62 Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:06 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles

View PostEzz, on 20 June 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

But the point is do we have any data to suggest it is not representative of a wider cross section.

forumers can start a poll, and say "look WG, there are 126 players that have said that they don't want weeaboo tonks in the game"

WG will  sit back (rightly) and just count the dollars from the thousands of tanks they sold.

Ezz #63 Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 77427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
And it would appear revenue matters far more to WG than their player base. On our server at least. The other servers appear to have different priorities on the cartoons.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Thingol #64 Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

Captain

• 14958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJOC469, on 20 June 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

forumers can start a poll, and say "look WG, there are 126 players that have said that they don't want weeaboo tonks in the game"

WG will  sit back (rightly) and just count the dollars from the thousands of tanks they sold.

Absolutely. Premium store "poll" beats forum poll every time.

MagicalFlyingFox #65 Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
Its just unfortunate that the main reason to buy it is because its just another edition of 'Powercreep™' - By WG. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

Ezz #66 Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 77427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I wonder what all the dudes who spent all that time refining the physics model would feel about these things.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #67 Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles

View PostEzz, on 20 June 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

I wonder what all the dudes who spent all that time refining the physics model would feel about these things.

He has this to say:

"WHY THE **** IS HAVOK NOT IN THIS DAMN GAME". 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

JellyBob_ #68 Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 51085 battles

View PostDeadArashi, on 19 June 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

Use mods, its free and been available for ages

I want the real deal with stats and such ...

View PostEzz, on 20 June 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

So we suffer WG's decision despite the global view that it was a bad idea.

Well in the Asia region I would believe most like the idea ( I do ) .... EU and NA clearly don't .....  As for WG, I think they made a sound BUSINESS choice here ..... Asia is great market for anything Anime ... World of Tanks ... where the "World" doesn't mean where we live .... but an entity that is fill with TANKS ..... to play, engage  .... brawl ... The problem to me isn't the source of the Tanks .. but the STATS of the NEW Premium Tanks .. which is really pissing people off ... On NA and EU forums  most seem to warm towards the Edelweiss  .. but totally loathe the Nameless clearly based on STATS .. it's too OP or as QB said "It's p2w"  :honoring:

Ezz #69 Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 77427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Hard to keep track of the multiple threads on this whole topic, but yeah, basically agree with all that. The unknown however is exactly what the wider server population genuinely does think about the cartoons. The silent majority if you will. Are they on board, ambivalent or against. I think we'd all need to see the bigger data to really conclude either way. As is we have the forum sample, representative or not, at least it's pretty clear.

JellyBob_ #70 Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 51085 battles
Hey I purchased Nameless ( got the FURY too ) and I'll probably get the Edelweiss ( although it looks dull ) .. Now the BIG question will I play them ... probably once or twice .. :honoring:​.    I just like to hoard things ..... :trollface:

APCR_Fire #71 Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

Arty Sympathiser

• 53626 battles
  • [PANDA] PANDA
Tbh I don't think these anime tanks would have such an outcry among the forum people if they weren't so broken. If they were 'just another average premium' I bet you all these people crying about weeabo tanks wouldn't be here

CHAKA24 #72 Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

Dabaw's "Pro Noob" Tanker

• Beta-Tester
  • 9860 battles
  • [KMMHS] KMMHS
IMO, VC should not here, if as I am an anime fan, unless... it will be Super Nerf as soon as possible or be major unsatisfied players for these OP/P2W tanks either way.

Edited by CHAKA24, 20 June 2017 - 12:39 PM.

Profanisaurus #73 Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

le sigh

• 2240 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostForbiddenSabre, on 20 June 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

Tbh I don't think these anime tanks would have such an outcry among the forum people if they weren't so broken. If they were 'just another average premium' I bet you all these people crying about weeabo tanks wouldn't be here

There was a lot of 'crying' when they were first proposed.  Now there is a scream because WG have made them a joke.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Tanitha #74 Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:31 PM

Wargaming

• 4565 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEmbryoN_, on 16 June 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

So I bought this Nameless today right after it came out to find myself quite liking the tank. IMO Nameless is on a par with the notorious Defender; its gun handling, firepower, armor, and even maneuverability are very satisfactory. But this is not what I really want to tell.

Honestly the custom crew voice is, well, not my taste, so I tried to change the crew voice option only to find out it doesn't work. Another method I tried was to replace the commander with a normal crewman, but a notification popped out saying that I can't move the crew to barracks.

Yes, you can't reassign nor move the anime crew, they are just like the dog in Rudy; they're a part of the tank. You can't move your Type 5 Heavy crew to Nameless, vice versa. Clearly this is NOT a content mentioned in the premium shop page. I surely like the tank itself, but this makes me feel like Wargaming put one over on me again..

Hello EmbryoN

Thanks for the information and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Yes,  the crew being linked to the tank was not clear in the information release initially, so this was rectified in most places promptly, and all places and languages by 7pm SGT June 19th.

As such, we are offering an "Accelerated crew levelling package" as compensation, or refund, to the players affected by the news not being clear. (before the news was corrected)

I apologise again for the inconvenience.

Full details below.

Block Quote

Dear Players.

As you are aware Wargaming Asia has partnered with SEGA for the release of the Valkyria chronicles tanks Nameless and Edelweiss.  These tanks include an exclusive and special anime crew with voices partnered with the tank, rendering the crews for these tanks not interchangeable.

Our original news on the tanks release was misleading and unclear.  Which has led to some players purchasing the tanks unaware the crew is not interchangeable.  If you purchased the tanks before 7pm SGT Monday June 19th prior to when “how the crew works” was made clear on all portals / premium shop / pages in all languages then you may request one of the following by contacting Asia customer support.

1. An accelerated crew leveling package containing
10x boosters +300% crew exp for 2 hours valued at 175 gold each or 1750 gold total.
3 days premium valued at 650 gold
800 gold
And we hope you continue to enjoy your purchase.

2. Or if you prefer, a full refund on the package.
Note : if you wish to request a refund on the package, please ensure the tanks are free of equipment before you request the tanks to be removed.

Either of the above, can be requested through customer support (please allow a few days for processing) provided the purchase was before 7pm SGT June 19th.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this miscommunication.

Regards
Tan

Rhogath #75 Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 13308 battles
Tan, us there any word on what might happen to these tanks regarding the negativity towards them or their stats?

Ezz #76 Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 77427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDeadArashi, on 20 June 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

Tan, us there any word on what might happen to these tanks regarding the negativity towards them or their stats?

The fact they are offering a compensation option - ie where they get to keep their tanks - suggests we may be stuck with them.

Edited by Ezz, 20 June 2017 - 01:40 PM.

Rhogath #77 Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 13308 battles
One can hope that they might at least see a nerf though... or a "rebalance to a different tier" if you will

Edited by DeadArashi, 20 June 2017 - 01:42 PM.

Ezz #78 Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 77427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDeadArashi, on 20 June 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

One can hope that they might at least see a nerf though... or a "rebalance to a different tier" if you will

I've held that hope for quite a few of the prems for some time now. Barely a glimmer of indication from WG even accepting they aren't balanced, let alone signs they may nerf them. Broken balance is broken.

Rhogath #79 Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Imperium Tech Priest

• 13308 battles
There's got to be balance to start with for it to be broken... there hasnt been balance in a long time.

neokai #80 Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

View PostDeadArashi, on 20 June 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Extremely unlikely, as that constitutes changing the product vis-a-vis lemon law.
Spoiler

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users