O-I Exp's 10cm gun replacement

heavy tank japan ht oiexp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SF_CielPhantomhive #1 Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

Sergeant

• 11978 battles
  • [TAU] TAU

Since WG's removing the 10cm gun, i suppose it's a good idea that they, instead of removing the 10cm gun completely, change it to something like the Type 99 88mm gun or even the lesser brother the Japanese had as an anti aircraft gun. While i'm aware that this gun is unhistorical, so does the Pz IV's derp gun, Tiger's 75mm L70 and its derp gun, and Hellcat's current speed. That way the O-I can stay competitive as a tank without making it like a moving bag of free exp's. Simply change the armor value as planned, decrease its speed to its bigger brother's level as planned, and give this gun a bad dpm but good damage per shot (210 should suffice should it?), and a very bad handling if necessary to make it on par with BDR which is wielding the 90mm gun.

What do you think? Share your thoughts and thanks for reading :)

Im aware that this falls into Japanese's heavy tank discussion so Wasaabi, you may want to move this to there if deemed correct.

Edited by Volkerman, 23 June 2017 - 01:31 AM.

Here was a story of Rhodesia, a land both fair and great...

anonym_iE8g4rTcW6gP #2 Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:02 PM

First lieutenant

• 0 battles

This is actually a pretty good idea. So whoever has the 10cm researched and bought will have this gun research and bought as well.

I'd say to make the alpha 220, in line with the German short 88. Maybe make gun handling and reload somewhat bad, but not too bad.

Would definitely make for an interesting gun. While the 7.5cm is pretty good, it doesn't fit well with the O-I Exp's playstyle and "feel".

SF_CielPhantomhive #3 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

Sergeant

• 11978 battles
  • [TAU] TAU

Eh, not quite sure since the Japanese flaks and the German flaks are rather different i should say; copied designs doesn't make equal damage/pen/velocity. I should say, 200 alpha, pen equal to Pz. Sfl. IVC's first 88mm gun, fast shell velocity due to it being derived from anti-aircraft, and a baaaaad gun handling. This way, new players will feel familiar with what the Type 4/5 line feels and looks like in the future of their tanking career, that is, good armor, barely faster than snail kind of speed, bad side armor and good gun.

Edited by Volkerman, 23 June 2017 - 12:03 AM.

Here was a story of Rhodesia, a land both fair and great...

LupisVolk #4 Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:58 AM

First lieutenant

• 11887 battles
  • [NFB] NFB
I think that's a good idea.

Wise words one said in general chat:  "MM doesnt suck. MM works as intended. Players dont."

anonym_iE8g4rTcW6gP #5 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

First lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostVolkerman, on 23 June 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

Eh, not quite sure since the Japanese flaks and the German flaks are rather different i should say; copied designs doesn't make equal damage/pen/velocity. I should say, 200 alpha, pen equal to Pz. Sfl. IVC's first 88mm gun, fast shell velocity due to it being derived from anti-aircraft, and a baaaaad gun handling. This way, new players will feel familiar with what the Type 4/5 line feels and looks like in the future of their tanking career, that is, good armor, barely faster than snail kind of speed, bad side armor and good gun.

Type 99 is directly based off the German SK C/30 naval AA gun, they're exactly the same in design.

You're not wrong in saying that a copied design doesn't always mean equal characteristics, but by default if you copy something the characteristics stay the same, and that's usually the case with reverse engineered weapons, so if you wanna say that the alpha or penetration is different, onus probandi is on you to prove that that's the case.

I'm not sure if a fast shell velocity is necessary, but I can definitely see the gun as having a fairly okay reload while having horrible gun handling, would probably be quite balanced that way.

Also tagged with heavy tank, japan, ht, oiexp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users