MM confirmation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ensign_Brendoonigan #1 Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• 5767 battles

Hi guys, can someone confirm to me how WoT works out the MM now. As it doesn't appear to have the same system where you'll be top tier once out of every 4 games that Blitz and WoWS has. (Both by the way seem to have much fairer MM IMO). Today I've had 2 out of 16 games as top tier in my M42-57 and even those did not have tier 5's or 4's in them. (IE: tier 6 tanks only).

Because of this I'm assuming that there must be a difference that I'm not aware of. Does it even have the top tier system that the other games have? Whilst it irritates me that I'm always bottom tier my real issue with it is that I'm effectively forced to use premium ammo every game so it seems to be a waste of time buying premium tanks for credits.    

Anyway if I know that theirs nothing in place like the other games, then at least I know it's working as normal.

Ensign 

Ensign

To Leopard 1, or not to Leopard 1 is the question!

British Line (Conqueror & Challenger), Chinese Lines (T34-2, 111 5A & WZ-131), French Line (AMX M4 mle. 45), German Line (Leopard PTA), Italian Line (P43.ter). 

2nd MOE: PZ III/IV, T-34

wasaabi #2 Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22396 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/73450-918-patch-notes/

Specific features of the new matchmaker:

Pattern-based matchmaker. The new matchmaker for Random Battles based on predetermined patterns. Pattern is a complex of team characteristics, including the number of vehicles at the top/middle/bottom of the team list, number of Platoons, number of light/medium/heavy tanks, SPGs, and tank destroyers. The teams are always created according to the following rule: number of vehicles at the bottom of the team list should exceed the number of vehicles at the top or middle of the team list. The priority pattern for three-tier battles is 3-5-7; the pattern for two-tier battles is 5-10. One-tier battles are allowed under conditions when other patterns are not possible.

• Only same-tier Platoons are allowed.
  • The number of SPGs per team should not exceed three vehicles.
  • Enabled the limitation for usage of SPGs in Platoons. Selection of SPGs in the Platoon window is disabled. The limitation affects both Platoons that include only SPGs and Platoons that include other vehicle types.
  • The matchmaker considers the number of light tanks and tank destroyers.
  • The difference in the number of Platoons should not exceed one full Platoon (three players).
  • Preference of placing a player at the top/middle of the team list, if they have already played several battles at the bottom of the team list.
  • Improvements to the map selection mechanics that decreases the chance of playing on the same maps within a game session.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Ensign_Brendoonigan #3 Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:56 AM

Staff sergeant

• 5767 battles

Thanks Waasabi. So my take on that is that there is no top tier ruling like all the other WG product. All it wants is for you not to be botom tier all the time and it believes middle tier is the same as if you're top.

Hmmm. That's strange to say the least. 

O well at least I now know. 

Cheers

Ensign

To Leopard 1, or not to Leopard 1 is the question!

British Line (Conqueror & Challenger), Chinese Lines (T34-2, 111 5A & WZ-131), French Line (AMX M4 mle. 45), German Line (Leopard PTA), Italian Line (P43.ter). 

2nd MOE: PZ III/IV, T-34

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users