15 replies to this topic

Takashi_Kurita #1 Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

Corporal

• 51072 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

Ola mates

Nice write up on the battle mechanics.

http://wiki.wargamin...attle_Mechanics

Good examples to help you understand further on what areas to improve instead of second guessing or hearsay. Eg. Similar situation to punting stocks, all investors are different and the list of affecting variables goes on...

Focus on the components that affect the XP which has direct link to your personal or tank capability. Work on it and you should be able to improve. 

Knowing your tank's capability and its role in the match would definitely help.

Cheers!

Edited by Takashi_Kurita, 27 June 2017 - 11:33 AM.

Gani_GANz #2 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

First lieutenant

• 14967 battles
nice! this thread could make less noobteams if they read this.

but unfortunately...

not all players hang out in forums, not all players can speak english, not all players willing to learn sophisticated game mechanics.

some are just being stone-headed and not even willing to take orders / advices.
they just blame the team for what have they done, win.

Edited by G_A_N_I, 27 June 2017 - 01:34 PM.

3 Marks : T29, T-34

2 Marks : T34, Comet, T-54, STA-1, VK100.01P

Gani_GANz #3 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 14967 battles
nice! this thread could make less noobteams if they read this.

but unfortunately...

not all players hang out in forums, not all players can speak english, not all players willing to learn sophisticated game mechanics.

some are just being stone-headed and not even willing to take orders / advices.
they just blame the team and report certain players for what have they done, win.

fyi, tho...

Edited by G_A_N_I, 27 June 2017 - 01:34 PM.

Gani_GANz #4 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

First lieutenant

• 14967 battles
oops... posted twice :confused:

Takashi_Kurita #5 Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

Corporal

• 51072 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

We can definitely try to help even if the chances are low ...

Gani_GANz #6 Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

First lieutenant

• 14967 battles
I know it... I just wanted to inform you what's happening around us

Takashi_Kurita #7 Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:37 AM

Corporal

• 51072 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostLittleTimmy, on 27 June 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

And you haven't found out about this mechanics sooner? NobleOne what have you been teaching him. =.=

LoL. Good try.

Maybe you should not [edited]-U-ME too much.

anonym_Gw7wT386Zhed #8 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

First lieutenant

• 0 battles

So I am reading through the mechanics and thinking about many battle situations I have lost out on.  I am assuming that trying to peek and see an enemy whilst in sniper view is a bad thing since it is viewed at the guns level and thus exposes the top of my turret a great deal.  Is there a way to get a sniper view through the commanders view port/periscope so I can expose just enough to spot an enemy tank but then be very hard to hit?

Gani_GANz #9 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:01 AM

First lieutenant

• 14967 battles

View Postdhi67540, on 28 June 2017 - 05:17 AM, said:

Is there a way to get a sniper view through the commanders view port/periscope so I can expose just enough to spot an enemy tank but then be very hard to hit?

No. there isn't.  as we know that the actual view ports in the game located on the gun mantlet and top of the turret. so the alternative way to do spotting, don't use sniper mode while spotting. just expose a little bit of the turret roofs or gun mantlet and then roll back to cover once you get spotted, or once you spot something (this one is safer).

keep in mind that different class of vehicles use different techniques of spotting. also depends on the tank's specific characteristics.

if you want to spot and shoot early in a battle, mind your tank's speed, whether it is enough to reach the position earlier than the others can.

peek, pre-aim, shoot, roll back... ez

Takashi_Kurita #10 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

Corporal

• 51072 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostLittleTimmy, on 27 June 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

And you haven't found out about this mechanics sooner? NobleOne what have you been teaching him. =.=

View PostTakashi_Kurita, on 27 June 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

LoL. Good try.

Maybe you should not [edited]-U-ME too much.

View PostLittleTimmy, on 27 June 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

It's good you found it...please stop disgracing Singapore on forums kthxbye

Sharing a WG link on Battle Mechanics to improve on the "New Players Zone" is a disgrace?

Involving my Executive Officer in a personal insult against me is not a disgrace?

Demonstrating your condescending behavior on my informational thread to create positive game play awareness is not a disgrace?

Speaks volume on your intelligence and character, LittleTimmy.

You [edited]-U-ME too much.

Takashi_Kurita #11 Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

Corporal

• 51072 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostG_A_N_I, on 28 June 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

No. there isn't.  as we know that the actual view ports in the game located on the gun mantlet and top of the turret. so the alternative way to do spotting, don't use sniper mode while spotting. just expose a little bit of the turret roofs or gun mantlet and then roll back to cover once you get spotted, or once you spot something (this one is safer).

keep in mind that different class of vehicles use different techniques of spotting. also depends on the tank's specific characteristics.

if you want to spot and shoot early in a battle, mind your tank's speed, whether it is enough to reach the position earlier than the others can.

peek, pre-aim, shoot, roll back... ez

Yes, agreed.

Not all tanks can apply such tactics. Some tanks that excel in such tactics are Crom, T37, RU251 and those with good depression with aiming characteristics, speed and if possible a strong turret.

anonym_Gw7wT386Zhed #12 Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:33 PM

First lieutenant

• 0 battles
I also just learned about turning off grass.  That will help as well :)

BigDaddyDelta #13 Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

Arty Sympathiser

• 45859 battles
  • [KIRIN] KIRIN

View PostTakashi_Kurita, on 28 June 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

Sharing a WG link on Battle Mechanics to improve on the "New Players Zone" is a disgrace?

Involving my Executive Officer in a personal insult against me is not a disgrace?

Demonstrating your condescending behavior on my informational thread to create positive game play awareness is not a disgrace?

Speaks volume on your intelligence and character, LittleTimmy.

You [edited]-U-ME too much.

Interesting.

you have 41k games but play as if you are new. Did you buy this account by any chance?

Your usual bad@tonks pubbeh player/teammate

Takashi_Kurita #14 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Corporal

• 51072 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostForbiddenSabre, on 05 July 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

Interesting.

you have 41k games but play as if you are new. Did you buy this account by any chance?

Interesting.

Not sure what parameters besides 41K battles that you used to judge a player playing currently as being new.

Did you buy yours by any chance?

BigDaddyDelta #15 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Arty Sympathiser

• 45859 battles
  • [KIRIN] KIRIN

View PostTakashi_Kurita, on 05 July 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Interesting.

Not sure what parameters besides 41K battles that you used to judge a player playing currently as being new.

Did you buy yours by any chance?

http://www.noobmeter...ita/2001619324/

http://www.noobmeter...bre/2003394936/

but tbh it doesn't matter if I reply or not, you'll just give the same excuse 90% of the player base gives 'I play4fun'. 

If you wish to know how I judge and account as being new, there's your answer, though I'm getting a little suspicious...

your behaviour on the forums also speaks volumes for yourself too...

Edited by ForbiddenSabre, 05 July 2017 - 12:15 PM.

Your usual bad@tonks pubbeh player/teammate

Takashi_Kurita #16 Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

Corporal

• 51072 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

TBH, I could had ignored and stay silent.

Looking at the links that you used, it is just the tip of the iceberg for a comparison. You should do your homework and not just look at the label "Good" and "Very Good".

I am glad that you have high standards that you "classify" ([edited]-U-ME) the label "Above Average" as a New Player playing plus insultingly suggesting that I may have bought an above average account and not a 9K - 10K Personal Ratings account.

Based on your WOT profile, the different average statistics per battle in general and the individual tanks service records (Top 30 battle counts sort order; Tier 7 - 10 tanks; comparing yours and mine), you are no different from me (5K - 6K PR) except that you are an opportunistic damage farmer that collects the associated medals (damage and kills) regardless of your tank type and role.

One of the decent tank that you played is Centurion AX that has both good average damages, spots (2) and decent assisted damages to fulfill the role of Assault MT. The rest of the tanks that are in the said sort order, you are just waiting for your team to do the spotting while you damage and clean up regardless of your tank type and role. High possibility of leading to more kills gained while sitting comfortably "behind" in a less risky situation regardless of tank type and roles required of that tank type. Yes, this is a proven strategy to farm damages. But the catch is that in each battle, you hope that not 100% of the team plays similar as you in their LTs, MTs and HTs. While you could contest that you are doing more to help the team by dealing damages (hopefully kills) in whatever tank/role since they are not effective sitting together with you, this behavior will continue and grief will always be there since all are similar. 

Hence, your average XP is as its current state while the average damage done per game is nearly 200 more than mine on the overall context.

Looking at some of the non-new GOOD players with 7K - 12K personal ratings, their individual tank's service records shows that damage done is usually in the ranges of good - very good ( 1 time of their HP - more than 2 times) and their average spotting are usually above 1 in their MTs and HTs (in some or most of them). For LTs, they are usually more than 2s and have very decent assisted damages plus they do decent or even good damages.

Yes, I may not have a good damage averages per game, but I still play to my best ability as per requirements of my tank type and its required role/responsibility in a team regardless of risk level and ignoring the self preservation mentality that I can do more if I live longer. 

Looking at the HALL OF FAME, at least I can be TOP 500 for one entry - Hit Ratio (individually controlled/managed) to be maintained over 41K of battles. You may contest that I shoot less and I can get the hit ratio being maintained. But if that is the case, then my average damage done would be way lower instead of 900 for a New Player.

I could had followed your strategy to clock in the damages but I chose to be at the front and take the risk for the team based on the tank type that I drove.

In summary, for every action, there is a similar reaction. Extremely glad that you threw the first punch at a stranger.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users