Gold/Premium Rounds - Skill Remover?

Premium Rounds Gold Rounds Balance Skill Prem Rant Idea Gold

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Gold/Premium Rounds - Skill Remover? / What To Do With It? (17 members have cast votes)

What to do with Gold Rounds?

1. Remove Gold Rounds (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Gold Rounds via Gold-Only Purchase (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

3. Gold Rounds via Increased Credit Price (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Remove it from T8-T10 Tanks (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. High Pen/Low Damage Gold Rounds (6 votes [35.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

6. Maximum Carry Limit (5 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Althenis #1 Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:27 AM

Corporal

• 19469 battles
  • [UAR-S] UAR-S

Gone are the days when Armor meant something. When Angling a tank could make the difference between being able to survive a shot from a Jg. Pz. E 100 or a FV215b 183 or not. When knowing how to properly play a tank to its Strengths isn't negated just because someone dabbed the "2" Key twice.

Gold/Premium Rounds have bothered me ever since I started playing. Their mere existence have pretty much removed most aspects of skill-based play, and have turned the meaning of "Unicum" from "A player who knows how to really play his/her tanks" to "A player who knows how to throw Gold at literally everything".

We've all had that experience. Remember that one E-100 shooting his 15cm gun loaded with gold straight into your paper thin Light/Medium Tank? Or that B-C 25 t running around with a gold clip, pretty much negating all the armor that you know can defend against if it was using the standard rounds? Or how about that FV215b 183 deleting your very being when you get hit by that HESH round he's bringing around.

I've started this topic trying to address this problem, and here are some of my ideas.

1. REMOVE GOLD ROUNDS

This would be the most straight up method. Just up and remove it from the game. A way to balance this would be to increase all the Standard Ammo Variant's Penetration values by around 5%-10% of their current Value, based on how large the difference between the Standard's and the Gold's Pen values. The larger the difference, the higher the rise in Standard Pen. So is the case with a smaller difference. For some tank guns that use HE as standard, the same applies.

2. MAKE GOLD ROUNDS ONLY PURCHASABLE VIA GOLD

In this case, it would be returning it back to the way it was before. Make Gold Rounds only Purchasable via Gold. The ability to use credits to buy Gold Rounds shall be removed. In a way, this would be a good business step for WG. Even if this was done, there will always be players who will spam Gold Rounds nonetheless, meaning more income. While this is happening, most players are now highly discouraged to use Gold Rounds, and will only use them sparingly.

3. DRAMATICALLY INCREASE THE CREDIT PURCHASE PRICE OF GOLD ROUNDS

Similar to the prior idea, but instead of making them exclusive to Gold Purchase only, we will still have the option to buy via Credits, but increase the price so much that it will make players hesitate before loading Gold Rounds. At the very least, The current Credit Price for all Gold Rounds will be doubled

4. REMOVE GOLD ROUNDS AT TIER 8 - TIER 10 TANKS

Bluntly speaking, most tanks at T8 and above have Guns that have Standard Rounds that will do well No Matter the Tier it faces. At these tiers, a player should already know the strengths and weaknesses of their own tanks, as well as the tanks of others. Being able to use this knowledge to their benefit is the mark of a GOOD WOT PLAYER. Keep Gold Rounds to T7 and below, and remove Gold Rounds from all the Tier 8-Tier 10 Tanks. Just imagine how much more exciting a WGLeague Match would be if people actually used their tank to its strengths, and not just depend on "Pen-It-All" Gold Rounds for everything.

5. LOWER THE DAMAGE OF GOLD ROUNDS IN COMPARISON TO STANDARD ROUNDS

I've only read up a small part on MrFoch's rant, but this idea is also very good. Keep the current Pen but substantially lower The Damage in comparison to their Standard Counterparts. Doing so would make Gold Spam less rewarding for people who want to do so, and will make Gold Rounds a type of "Specialized" type of Ammo that can pretty much guarantee a Pen, but at the cost of Lower Damage, effectively adding a balancing factor between using Standard Rounds and Gold Rounds.

6. FORCE A MAXIMUM CARRY NUMBER OF GOLD ROUNDS

Limiting the amount of Gold Rounds any tank can carry to only 5%-10% of the total Ammo Capacity. Doing so would force players to load more Standard Rounds and be think more before either taking a shot that won't go through, or bugging out and going at another angle.

The Goal of this post is to address the current Gold Spam Meta of the game, to hopefully let WG know how much of a negative effect Gold Rounds have when it's currently so easy and cheap to get them, and to ask other players of their opinion and the solution, if any, to Gold Rounds that's currently in the game.

Edited by Althenis, 05 July 2017 - 12:36 PM.

JOC469 #2 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Despite WGs recent efforts with prem tanks, premium rounds for credits was introduced to be a credit sink for the economy and to avoid the perception of a pay-to-win element.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

Ezz #3 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

1 WG would never go for sure to reasons joc mentions.

2 would be a horrible regression back to WoT's p2w roots.

3 would likely strengthen the impact of 1 plus with added indirect p2w.

4 is blatantly false.

5 has been mentioned many times yet even that slight deviation from status quo appears to have been rejected by WG as risking the economy.

Tl:dr, WG aren't going to do anything. Hell at the moment they are going the other direction by releasing tanks you can't even pen with standard ammo.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Napalmer #4 Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 47053 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostAlthenis, on 05 July 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

Gone are the days when Armor meant something. 

Maus and Type 5 say hello.

Regarding your suggestions:

1. Removal of premium rounds will never work with a +- 2 Matchmaker. If Tier 8 tanks only fought tier 8 tanks, then yes, this might actually work. Of course, it would require heavy rebalancing of higher tier tanks as some of the super-heavies can't be penetrated with standard ammunition at this point (Looking at you, Maus...). It's also a huge credit sink, and plays a large part of the WoT economy. 
  2. As Ezz said, this would be making the game (more) pay-to-win. Having blatantly better rounds that are required to pen super-heavies that can only be purchased by real money is a horrible idea. The only reason this was half-justified in the past was because of the large amount of gold earned on the CW Global Map.
  3. Will do absolutely nothing to solve the issue, it just means a few more games in SH mode to fund those gold shells. It also doesn't work with the current +-2 MM, as you'd never make any credits in tier 8 premiums. Don't even get me started on the Chrysler debacle in relationship to this...
  4. Reducing premium rounds to tier 7 and below? So what happens when you get a top tier T29 or IS spamming gold, for example? Apparently by your logic, that's acceptable. Oh, and 10 minutes of 7v7 Maus bouncing AP off each other sounds like great fun to watch.

This is currently being tested on WoT Blitz. As a player of the game, I can say that this makes a huge difference. In the case where you're forced to use premium ammo to hit a higher tier target, only to be out-traded them, by a significant amount, is irritating at best.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25 T37, Hellcat, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50BSTB-1

Signature 

The smell of Napalm...                           

Ephys #5 Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• 27609 battles
  • [TNID] TNID
the only Good reason enough is the no 5 to rebalance it. other than no 5 is kind of not going to be happened.... 

skintsaint #6 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13106 battles
2 - the game is already P2W ..lets make it more so!

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #7 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
prem APCR- lose 30-40% of damage compared to normal AP.
HEAT- really slow velocity, 650m/s max of any.
Make their cost 50% lower? The question is will it affect WG profit net.

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

Ezz #8 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

For mine sprem rounds aren't in themselves broken, the possible issue is the impact they have on balance. And yes, broken record about balance.

If WG are serious about 'only 5% of rounds shot are sprem', then that's cool, when they test something on the test server, limit everyone's loadout to only 5% sprem rounds. Then see if things are balanced.

Noting of course that i suspect very few believe that 5% but if WG are running with it, then they should balance by it.

Edited by Ezz, 05 July 2017 - 12:03 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Althenis #9 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Corporal

• 19469 battles
  • [UAR-S] UAR-S

View PostEzz, on 05 July 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

For mine sprem rounds aren't in themselves broken, the possible issue is the impact they have on balance. And yes, broken record about balance.

If WG are serious about 'only 5% of rounds shot are sprem', then that's cool, when they test something on the test server, limit everyone's loadout to only 5% sprem rounds. Then see if things are balanced.

Noting of course that i suspect very few believe that 5% but if WG are running with it, then they should balance by it.

gonna edit the post and poll for this

skintsaint #10 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13106 battles
Actually a limit of gold would be my pref vote. Plus will probably save people a lot of credits.

Profanisaurus #11 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View PostEzz, on 05 July 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

Watching play on RU and EU I'd believe it there.  Based on my hit logs it's closer to 30% on here.  Often some very poor-average players seem to only have it loaded.

Ezz #12 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostProfanisaurus, on 05 July 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Watching play on RU and EU I'd believe it there.  Based on my hit logs it's closer to 30% on here.  Often some very poor-average players seem to only have it loaded.

My guess is it would likely increase significantly in the upper tiers. Either way, if WG genuinely want to balance the game (which we are pretty sure they don't) then attempting to replicate the live server within their test environment would be a necessity. As is their attempts at balance appear to be getting continually more hilarious.

afoxq #13 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Ultimate LUCK Killstealer

• 33234 battles
  • [LUCK] LUCK

View PostEzz, on 05 July 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

Sandbox made Prem Rounds, purchasable via "Gold Only" and everyday the Sandbox account was allocated only a certain amount gold, that was hardly enough for "live server" use. 

Survived the Bread & Butter Rektage of 2015/16

Survived the DPS Bus Apocalypse of 2014

Winning was is LUCK™

Ezz #14 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 67426 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postafoxq, on 05 July 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Sandbox made Prem Rounds, purchasable via "Gold Only" and everyday the Sandbox account was allocated only a certain amount gold, that was hardly enough for "live server" use. 

Begs the question why they don't use a similar approach for all their testing.

MagicalFlyingFox #15 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 31769 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Don't you guys remember Wargaming's stance on balancing ammunition?

"We do not balance tanks on their premium ammunition" 

This was back when they nerfed the FV 215B 183 HESH. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #16 Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles
Balance a tanks based on prem ammo they will face, then you'll have maus :P

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

Buck3t #17 Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20185 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostAlthenis, on 05 July 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

4. REMOVE GOLD ROUNDS AT TIER 8 - TIER 10 TANKS

Bluntly speaking, most tanks at T8 and above have Guns that have Standard Rounds that will do well No Matter the Tier it faces. At these tiers, a player should already know the strengths and weaknesses of their own tanks, as well as the tanks of others. Being able to use this knowledge to their benefit is the mark of a GOOD WOT PLAYER. Keep Gold Rounds to T7 and below, and remove Gold Rounds from all the Tier 8-Tier 10 Tanks. Just imagine how much more exciting a WGLeague Match would be if people actually used their tank to its strengths, and not just depend on "Pen-It-All" Gold Rounds for everything.

You haven't played the T69 in tier 10 games. LOL

As for WGL... You obviously don't watch it either because the difference between the top Maus players in the world and even the Average Maus players that participated in WGL GFs showed everyone that it makes the difference. Is the difference that they hold down the w key harder and keep the left mouse button clicked down to do maximum damage? No... they know how to angle, they know when to peak... they know how to play their tank better and that's why're they're the best. 

Probably best to do a fact check before posting such a ridiculous and uneducated comment.

skintsaint #18 Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 13106 battles

View PostBuck3t, on 05 July 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

As for WGL... You obviously don't watch it either 

Its sad I play games online...let alone going online to watch other gamers game..

Edited by skintsaint, 05 July 2017 - 01:56 PM.

Buck3t #19 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20185 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Postskintsaint, on 05 July 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

Its sad I play games online...let alone going online to watch other gamers game..

Viewership of eSports has exploded from 204 million to 292 million between 2014 and 2016. That’s a 43% increase in two years.

Reference: 
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/2017-video-game-trends-and-statistics-whos-playing-what-and-why/ 

292 Million people are "sad"

struth #20 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

Crikey

• 45870 battles
  • [HMB] HMB
^^^^^^Yes

Also tagged with Premium Rounds, Gold Rounds, Balance, Skill, Prem, Rant, Idea, Gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users