Troubles finding effective spots for medium tanks.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SF_CielPhantomhive #1 Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Sergeant

• 11951 battles
  • [TAU] TAU
Hey there, so i've recently gone on a 2 week hiatus, started playing again, and decided play a couple of medium tanks including T-43 and VK 30.01 P, and i've been getting shot and killed while dealing insignificant damages due to bad spots i picked on early and mid match, thus really, really dropping my winrate significantly and get insulted by who, some clan officers? But i digress.

So, how do you do medium tanks again? And how do you position your medium tanks that was on the other flank, should a flank with a major amount of your teammates fell fast to the enemies? Thanks in advance, would like to learn better from my massive winrate and skill loss.

Here was a story of Rhodesia, a land both fair and great...

Gani_GANz #2 Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

First lieutenant

• 14967 battles
hmm.... the majority of meds are versatile, can do almost everything. so, I'd prefer controlling mid area. for me, very advantageous for causing damage, supporting both flanks, spotting and watch how the battle develops, which helps me to make further actions and decisions.

btw, would you mind if you put some of your replay? it'll help me and the other to analyze how you perform in battle. and will give you the best advice.

3 Marks : T29, T-34

2 Marks : T34, Comet, T-54, STA-1, VK100.01P

SF_CielPhantomhive #3 Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:11 AM

Sergeant

• 11951 battles
  • [TAU] TAU
I'll get my replays sent however those replays are old 9.17 and 9.18 replays and im truly afraid it wont show up.

JOC469 #4 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:54 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 69631 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Nothing has significantly changed in the last 2 weeks, however school holidays have just started.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

anonym_Gw7wT386Zhed #5 Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:00 AM

First lieutenant

• 0 battles

Well I'll put my 2cents worth in (given my rating is "very bad" take it with a grain of salt). 

It is very much dependant on how quick they are and how 'quick off the mark' they are?  Slow mediums I just use as sniping support.  Give them optics and/or binocs and camo.  Fast mediums I use as support for the HT's and peek-a-boo for them (on the outside using them as shields when the enemy comes round the corner to shoot) snap shooting as I do - ie use them as heavy LT's.  Something I find interesting is that when sniping I get pens more often than not but when close brawling I get very, very few pens.  It's as if there is a point at which the game 'assigns' your shots to the weak points but if you are inside that distance the game expects you to be aiming at the weak spots.  I have also been spending more time trying for critical damage - ie learning to track the enemy.  For me, the trouble is when I do there is no-one else around to take advantage of the situation :)

U12D13 #6 Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:21 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• 38389 battles
  • [CALM] CALM
Theres a reason why I hadn't played in the past 3 weeks outside of ranked so....

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

Ezz #7 Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 67360 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The key to being useful imo it's the mini map. It tells you not only where you are, but crucially where your enemy is, and where your team is (assuming they've left cap). Learn to use that info, use it often, then use it a bit more.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_DiscoStu_ #8 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

First lieutenant

• 27381 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-

View PostEzz, on 05 July 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

The key to being useful imo it's the mini map. It tells you not only where you are, but crucially where your enemy is, and where your team is (assuming they've left cap). Learn to use that info, use it often, then use it a bit more.

This "min map" you speak of sounds like a hack to me... reported...

I'm a much better player than I actually am... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChby0l_z0Lv_S0zLepFQ5sA

Mudguts4710 #9 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 42167 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

Don't get sucked into believing that you have to be in an area to control it. You can control through vision and firelanes. 

Also a lot of med players (well I mean skwubs like me) will also spend the countdown thinking about where they are headed, then race off there only to find your team has decided to to send the whole bag of spuds down the the opposite side of the map.

If they lemming you're often better off joining the train and winning that side of the map, then using your med flex-ability to either defend the base or flank what's left of the reds.

Cynic - someone who sees the world as it actually is, not as everyone wishes it was...

Shoot it with Sabot until it stops, then shoot it with HEAT until it changes shape. ('Israeli method' of ensuring a tank kill)

SF_CielPhantomhive #10 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

Sergeant

• 11951 battles
  • [TAU] TAU

View PostEzz, on 06 July 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

I kind of getting deceived with the minimaps at occassion really, i see a lane with like, 6 or 7 teammates? Though it would suffice to defend the flank but no, flank fell fast because of 4 med wolfpack and at the time i tried to place my tank on mid it was too late.

How do you tell when a flank has a really really bad chance to survive the enemies regardless of number of teammates there?

ibianconeri #11 Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:15 AM

Captain

• 28741 battles
  • [-4S-] -4S-

View PostVolkerman, on 06 July 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

I kind of getting deceived with the minimaps at occassion really, i see a lane with like, 6 or 7 teammates? Though it would suffice to defend the flank but no, flank fell fast because of 4 med wolfpack and at the time i tried to place my tank on mid it was too late.

How do you tell when a flank has a really really bad chance to survive the enemies regardless of number of teammates there?

Just watch this 

signature.png

"All the good things come to those who wait"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users