Video Review: British Medium Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Major

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
This video review on the British tanks will give you an overview of the new tanks and share some tips on making them more effective in battle.

Full news text

NinjaMagic #2 Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 5702 battles
Thank you for yet another outstanding video.

I have a question regarding a comment made in the video. It is mentioned that the test group of tier VI British Medium tanks all averaged 2,000 damage which is on par for a tier VI medium.

I would really like to see some of those replays since it is not uncommon for me to net little more than 200 damage and very very rarely if ever 2,000 damage, surely I and no doubt a very large portion of the community are completely missing the point of how a Medium tank should be driven.

Seeing several replays of an experienced driver may go a long way to improving the gameplay.

Jamo128 #3 Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 7338 battles
Hello ninja, its really easy to get 2000 points of damage in a tier 6, if you flank, med at tier 6 normally have speed on there side, if you do what they say in the video for the Cromwell, you should be easily getting 2000 damage a game.
http://www.avantgaming.com.au
AVANT is a premier eSports organization within Australia.

NinjaMagic #4 Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 5702 battles

View Postjamo128, on 13 November 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Hello ninja, its really easy to get 2000 points of damage in a tier 6, if you flank, med at tier 6 normally have speed on there side, if you do what they say in the video for the Cromwell, you should be easily getting 2000 damage a game.

Cheers mate, I did just get 1,880 damage in a battle, a defeat(tier vii though so no doubt vastly under par).

I have trouble with the whole flanking concept though, sounds great in theory but in practice the maps are just too small to flank before the crowd gets thinned out a bit and if you wait for the crowd to thin out then 50% of the time you get surrounded. With 15 enemy tanks on such small maps, there are no flanks, there are fronts and mediums don't do so well on the frontline. Very very rarely a flank will be left unguarded but the only way to find that out is to go there and if it is not left unguarded then you are a medium tank on the frontline.

Great in theory, not so great in practice, that's why I would like to see replays. I have had outstanding games and there are outstanding games on mwreplays.com but usually a great game comes from going to a dominant(high risk) position which coincidently happens to be left unguarded thereby allowing you to run rampant. This happens rarely since key strategic locations are usually hot spots of activity. These are far from average games, I would like to see average games with drivers who can reliably do 2,000 average per battle since they clearly have something I don't.

The idea of 2,000 average being on par is quite profound, that is a lot of damage to get out every battle in a tank that will crumple if it faces even slight resistance.

Jamo128 #5 Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 7338 battles
You should never be on the front lines, you have the speed to go around enemy potions  i find this even easier with physics, stay back from the front-line in a sniper position and attack form there, normally about 3-4 mins in there will always be a gap in the enemy's defences, and you can use that to your advantage.
http://www.avantgaming.com.au
AVANT is a premier eSports organization within Australia.

NinjaMagic #6 Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 5702 battles

View Postjamo128, on 14 November 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

You should never be on the front lines, you have the speed to go around enemy potions  i find this even easier with physics, stay back from the front-line in a sniper position and attack form there, normally about 3-4 mins in there will always be a gap in the enemy's defences, and you can use that to your advantage.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. 2,000 damage still seems like a lot though, wish I could do that much average. 2,000 is around 3 tier VI tanks it's totally impossible for everyone to get 3 kills each.

update: I finally unlocked the 122mm on my T-44 and I can now reliably do 1,500 damage. Granted we are talking Tier VIII but the SU-100 has a similar gun so I am sure it would perform equally well. As for a T-34-85 putting out 2,000 damage on average, I am still very keen to see replays of average battles where these numbers are commonplace.

Edited by NinjaMagic, 17 November 2012 - 11:48 AM.

MasterofMetal #7 Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 3581 battles
Did anyone else notice the plane taking off?
Since when was that added to Airfield?
When life gives you lemonade; make lemons. Life will be like 'what?'

Success is 1% Inspiration, 98% Perspiration, and 2% Attention to Detail

NinjaMagic #8 Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 5702 battles

View PostMasterofMetal, on 22 November 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

Did anyone else notice the plane taking off?
Since when was that added to Airfield?

It's been there all along.

As an update for the comment about 2,000 average damage dealt for a tier VI medium being on par, I have been checking out the stats at.....

http://www.vbaddict.net/wot.php

Here is the Average Damage for Tier VI.....

http://www.vbaddict....me=damage_dealt

The average is 595.3 which is a far cry from 2,000.

The only Medium tanks which average 2,000 damage are tier X's....

http://www.vbaddict....me=damage_dealt

Tier IX's only average 1,392.9 which is also a far cry from 2,000.

If credit earnings and xp gain are based on the devs thinking tier VI mediums should do 2,000 damage on average then we REALLY NEED more instructional videos and replays highlighting exactly how this can be achieved. I doubt even the unicums average 2,000 damage in tier VI.

To be clear, this is not a complaint but rather a request for more awesome videos and a few replays thrown in for good measure.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users