Use to love this game, starting to get a bit over it for reasons stated. thoughts

gold unicum cowards seal clubbers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Aussie_Deano #1 Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

Corporal

• 21107 battles
  • [OLDR] OLDR

Generally play most evening with some mates.    Recently I have found that all that is shot at me is gold,   when I introduce people to the game or just feel like playing a lower tier game there are the T2's, M8A1 & t67s all firing gold (looks like all they play (check out the highest kill rates, you'll find that they are all t2 players who have many K games in that one tank), or we have a good team but the best players just use those with a pair to spot for them so they can farm damage & not actually get involved in the game.

My nephews and brothers have all played and the seal clubbers have put them off.

Other games have used over matching rules (inc WG on WOWS) where you need to select the right ammo or you over match and don't do full damage.  Something like that would be awesome, may actually involve some thought rather than gold gets you good.

Also something to reduce the seal clubbing.  i.e. wn8 being reduced at the lower level & pushed up at the upper level would be cool.

Thoughts....  

_EzioAuditore_ #2 Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

Major

• 52621 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
No good player would want to play below t5 because its boring af. Most of these seal clubbers are utter trash at the game and rely on a skill crew and op tank to farm newbies, and while they may have winrates in excess or 60(even up to 70+), they often have <2.5k wn8. Some tier 1 etc padders have stats like 3kwn8 or whatever, but it doesn't mean they are any good at the game either, just good at farming people who don't know how to play. They did implement something to stop experienced players from seeing newbies too much in low tiers, but I don't know how it goes now.

T55A Get! 263/300 done with honors!  65/75 obj 260 missions done! :^)

3 mark: 1390 leo pta is-7 e5 t26a 2 mark: m46,obj 907, 50100, e100, batchat 25t,  t57 heavy, grille 15, obj 140, is-6, is-3, vkd, pzivh, mutz, spic, CAX, 113

Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been? Feet first into hell and back again! When I die please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear! Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!

http://cdn-frm-sg.wa...-1407289026.gif

neokai #3 Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:23 AM

SealClub Number 9

• Forum Moderator
  • 33690 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

View PostAussie_Deano, on 08 July 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Generally play most evening with some mates.    Recently I have found that all that is shot at me is gold,   when I introduce people to the game or just feel like playing a lower tier game there are the T2's, M8A1 & t67s all firing gold (looks like all they play (check out the highest kill rates, you'll find that they are all t2 players who have many K games in that one tank), or we have a good team but the best players just use those with a pair to spot for them so they can farm damage & not actually get involved in the game.

My nephews and brothers have all played and the seal clubbers have put them off.

Other games have used over matching rules (inc WG on WOWS) where you need to select the right ammo or you over match and don't do full damage.  Something like that would be awesome, may actually involve some thought rather than gold gets you good.

Also something to reduce the seal clubbing.  i.e. wn8 being reduced at the lower level & pushed up at the upper level would be cool.

Thoughts....  

Wn8 is a 3rd party metric. If you want that changed, post in the WNX team corner at wotlabs.net.
Spoiler

buntoy561 #4 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 57194 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
stats can be deceiving  :teethhappy:

_Storm #5 Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Major

• 14364 battles

View PostAussie_Deano, on 08 July 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

wn8 being reduced at the lower level & pushed up at the upper level would be cool.

it already does that.

The wn8 of low tier statpadders is almost universally disproportionately lower than that of their win rate.

Aussie_Deano #6 Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

Corporal

• 21107 battles
  • [OLDR] OLDR

View Postneokai, on 08 July 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

Wn8 is a 3rd party metric. If you want that changed, post in the WNX team corner at wotlabs.net.

thanks mate

Aussie_Deano #7 Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

Corporal

• 21107 battles
  • [OLDR] OLDR

View Post_EzioAuditore_, on 08 July 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

No good player would want to play below t5 because its boring af. Most of these seal clubbers are utter trash at the game and rely on a skill crew and op tank to farm newbies, and while they may have winrates in excess or 60(even up to 70+), they often have <2.5k wn8. Some tier 1 etc padders have stats like 3kwn8 or whatever, but it doesn't mean they are any good at the game either, just good at farming people who don't know how to play. They did implement something to stop experienced players from seeing newbies too much in low tiers, but I don't know how it goes now.

Hard to introduce people to the game and help them through the first few tiers without coming upon seal clubbers esp when they aren't running a prem account (free to play guys come & play).   little frustrating

Aussie_Deano #8 Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Corporal

• 21107 battles
  • [OLDR] OLDR

View Post_Storm, on 09 July 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

it already does that.

The wn8 of low tier statpadders is almost universally disproportionately lower than that of their win rate.

nice,   so why do people sealclub.  I know a 007 who does it all the time & its to pad their stats.   feels rather rude & well cheeky.  i get one or two games a night, but all night is well scrubby

Alt__F4 #9 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

Sergeant

• 20632 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Have you thought that many are not stat padding but simply choose to play different tiers for the enjoyment of those tanks? With all the constant nerf/buff/anime/prem tank changes going on at higher tiers plus the often frustrating high tier matches full of newbies who rush up the line it is often fun just to drop back and play your favourite tanks for a bit.

Myself I have been playing this game since 2013 and am a little burnt out in WoT and dislike the direction the game is heading so often I just jump on for some fun across lower tiers with my fav vehicles being:

Plz.1c
T67
VK28.01
M4
M44
Cromwell B

Not trying to stat pad, just enjoy those tanks

CaptKaveman #10 Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:16 AM

Private

• 9642 battles
  • [NZNC] NZNC
this game is a joke and is made to make money and thats all, aim bots a rife through the game, and for myself 80% of the time im at the bottom of the team and have 2 tiers above so i will always have a 70% loss as i cannot damage hardly anyone

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users