XVM Question

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Zynth #21 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:30 PM

Major

• 21009 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postdhi67540, on 17 July 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

That was simply an example....  from my understanding of the game mechanics a 209 +/-25% shell should always pen and damage 100 armour face on and point blank.  Obviously my understanding is incorrect and the fact that I am continually destroyed by lower tier tanks 1 on 1 is just me and my lack of skill in the game so let's leave it at that.

I replied to your replay and explained what went wrong. Cheers.
RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

_Storm #22 Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:33 PM

Major

• 14364 battles
Between the flat bits of 100mm armour there's an almost horizontal armour plate, hitting that will cause a bounce regardless of your penetration.

agingtanker #23 Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

Sergeant

• 9960 battles
Actually I am 99% convinced that the problem I am having with doing damage is due to lag.  On stationary targets I hit and pen as I expect but when the target is jinking forward and back, even though I trigger when the part I want to hit is in the crosshairs, I recon lag is taking it out of the crosshairs by the time it gets to the server.  I have also noticed a number of times my shots have gone way, way behind a moving target (full tank length) yet I still register a hit.

Zynth #24 Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Major

• 21009 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postdhi67540, on 18 July 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Actually I am 99% convinced that the problem I am having with doing damage is due to lag.  On stationary targets I hit and pen as I expect but when the target is jinking forward and back, even though I trigger when the part I want to hit is in the crosshairs, I recon lag is taking it out of the crosshairs by the time it gets to the server.  I have also noticed a number of times my shots have gone way, way behind a moving target (full tank length) yet I still register a hit.

I admit ping provides certain advantages that I am aware of. Being in Singapore means my ping is always perfect and that gives me a decisive edge in close quarters combat. However, that is still no excuse.

Look at the whole bunch of other people from other countries other than Singapore. Val, Saffee, Scrubba, many of the good Australian players. They can still perform despite ping being against them. Ask yourself why they can perform well despite having the same disadvantages as you.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

agingtanker #25 Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:25 PM

Sergeant

• 9960 battles

I have no doubt it is my skill, it is just provides confirmation that I can pen at least under certain circumstances (my ping average is 150-200).  Tonight I top scored in a tier 9 match with a Nameless!  ACPR in the Nameless will pen any tier 8, aiming anywhere (of course the dice gods were on my side - I have no doubt) in corner combat....  Fortunately I had 2 IS's at my back so we were able to tie up an IS, 2 A-44's and 2 O-Ni.  I learned some patience and let then push into my gun.  The IS's at my back knew when to push.  I was amazed that I still made a load of credit after expending all that ACPR ammo.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3712478#tundra-dhi67540-nameless

agingtanker #26 Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

Sergeant

• 9960 battles
I really hate lag.  I click my mouse a full second before I get destroyed.  I in fact had the opportunity to click the mouse button twice and wonder why the gun hadn't fired before I blew up (I had no gun damage or crew injuries).  It's really starting to get annoying.  Any advice about settings to reduce this affect or is it something I just have to learn to deal with?

JimmyJim #27 Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 48657 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postdhi67540, on 17 July 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

​I'd love to but when I have 10 shots, 0 damage - there are only so many opportunities particularly when I am only a 2 - 4 shot kill and nothing bounces off me.....  And that particular game cost me 30,000 credits using standard ammo.  About 1 in 1000 battles I get lucky and end up with a top score or ace tanker and actually survive a battle.  Don't let the 6500 battles fool you.  My average game duration is under 2 minutes.

LOL......... you are so funny if you think your average game is under 2 minutes is something to brag about.

If you are forever under 2 minutes per game, this really means you are a liability (dying unnecessarily even before the game developed into something that you could have win for your team or deal enough damage to cause a positive effect to let your team win) LOL............................

BTW, how did ppl get XVM to work?

I don't know why everytime I put this XVM to my game folder the tank garage just show me weird crews on the tanks and I can't transfer and move them.

And why use XVM?

I think someone explained and I do agree on knowing who on your random team you can depend on, most purple players are dependable :) If they end up on my random team which seem to be quite rare that's all.

Now with XVM not working I don't know who I can depend on and just follow my instinct and support certain players and sometime it works but most of the time it don't I blame not having the knowledge to know who I can support to get my wins LOL

Edited by JimmyJim, 19 July 2017 - 05:22 PM.

agingtanker #28 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Sergeant

• 9960 battles

View PostJimmyJim, on 19 July 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

LOL......... you are so funny if you think your average game is under 2 minutes is something to brag about.

If you are forever under 2 minutes per game, this really means you are a liability (dying unnecessarily even before the game developed into something that you could have win for your team or deal enough damage to cause a positive effect to let your team win) LOL............................

BTW, how did ppl get XVM to work?

I don't know why everytime I put this XVM to my game folder the tank garage just show me weird crews on the tanks and I can't transfer and move them.

And why use XVM?

I think someone explained and I do agree on knowing who on your random team you can depend on, most purple players are dependable :) If they end up on my random team which seem to be quite rare that's all.

Now with XVM not working I don't know who I can depend on and just follow my instinct and support certain players and sometime it works but most of the time it don't I blame not having the knowledge to know who I can support to get my wins LOL

​I'm not bragging - just telling it like it is.  Typically I am ambushed or arty'd without having sighted a single enemy on the mini map.

0__lol__0 #29 Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

First lieutenant

• 10888 battles

Sounds like what I did a lot when I started. That is, didn't get it that all of those 15 enemy tanks are right in front of me, even out in the open, on ground I'm looking at. This is before those view range circles on the map. 

I say that because to only last two minutes you are most likely ignoring the vision mechanics. Some tanks can sit in the open 250m in front of you. In the open. Let that sink in. You can see the rock, the bush, the grass, BUT NOT the tank.

If that had sunk in for me, I wouldn't be able to relate to your two minute game experience.

Patience young Jedi, patience. :)

Gold Brother, glorious gold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users