My Bunch Of Questions

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ISnipe_ #1 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Private

• 2077 battles

Here are some of my questions regarding Wot

Im a unicum blitz player and have every itty bit info on my mind so no basic info please ....

1. How Do you make sure Your hull down and not exposing ?

2. How do you bounce shells more effectively rather than being penned while angled ? Any Methods ?

3. What to take into consideration in the first 30 secs before choosing a side ?

4. How do you out play your opponent ? (What to Think before deciding a way?)

5. How Do You Dodge arty when you cant move freely and are in the open without cover?

6. How Do Be Map Aware and not tunnel?

7.How Do You poke a corner properly ? 

Usually i press w until i get there but my vehicle crosses the edge into the enemy line of fire how do i stop before  the edge and poke with a proper angle and not showing tracks.

This Much For Now Thanks! For Reading or answering

Zynth #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Major

• 21949 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

1) Only show your turret/hide your lower plate. I don't know, just look at your tank from 3rd person perspective or something.

2) You git gud at angling.

3) You look at your team composition and laugh at any funny names.

4) You git gud.

5) You move around.

6) You look at the map.

7) You poke when they reload or sidescrape.

Half your questions are like "How do I ride a bike?" You sit on the bike and pedal.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

Napalmer #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36743 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

You say you're a unicum in blitz, and then you ask questions which should be common sense on Blitz.

Seems legit.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, IS-3, T-54

Signature

The smell of Napalm...

Meverick #4 Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

First lieutenant

• 44835 battles

1. How Do you make sure Your hull down and not exposing ?

Two things to consider, your gun depression and the how steep is the ridge you are trying to go hull down. When you got good gun depression its easier to stay hull     down and can also use the technique on steep slopes. While with poor gun depression say -5 and below you cant stay hull down in most ridges rather need to poke     when you see enemy is not focused on you and take your shot and all back. If the ridge is not steep yo can work there with less gun depression if your turret is             good. It comes through practice, also you zoom out and see your tank how much you are exposed over ridge from enemy direction. 

2. How do you bounce shells more effectively rather than being penned while angled ? Any Methods ?

Know the armour values of your tank, angle about 30 degrees max to the enemy tank you are facing and hide your lower plate. Focus on the gun direction of the          enemy tank and not the tank itself. If a shell hits at an agle less than 30 degrees its an auto bounce. However theres a catch, if the enemy gun calibur is twice as    

much as your side armour it will overmatch and penetrate whatever angle you show to enemy. 

3. What to take into consideration in the first 30 secs before choosing a side ?

Yours and enemy team composition. Also where your friendly tanks are going, if its a lemming rush its not good to go to a flank alone even if teh lemming is wrong. However, if youre playing a scout it depends upon the map to go to an early spot for spotting advantage for your team.

4. How do you out play your opponent ? (What to Think before deciding a way?)

It comes through practice, you cant develop game awareness by reading. Watch youtube videos on any particular tank youre playing now, master te basics of

gameplay like camo, view mechanics, sidescrapping, wiggling, flanking, kiting, view range advantage, double bush mechanics etc. 

5. How Do You Dodge arty when you cant move freely and are in the open without cover?

Dont stay in open with a Maus. Even in open maps you got some places where you get some cover from arty. Keep an eye on when arty has fired and is on reload.

6. How Do Be Map Aware and not tunnel?

Again, it comes with more you play the game, tunnel is to accurately hit the spot of enemy tank, but when you dont need stay in third person view. 

7.How Do You poke a corner properly ? 

If you got rear mounted turret its harder to poke. If your turret is at front keep your frontal hull at steepest angle possible shown to enemy when you poke out without showing your side armour. Also,

poke out when you know your enemy is reloading or focused on someone else.

Usually i press w until i get there but my vehicle crosses the edge into the enemy line of fire how do i stop before  the edge and poke with a proper angle and not showing tracks.

Notice the ridge line 

I am no unicum but I wanted to answer your questions since I found them honest for a comparatively new player.

Edited by Meverick, 19 July 2017 - 01:48 PM.

xRainbowAssassinx #5 Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 28007 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

Posted Image

at least he isn't lying? 

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn                           

NameWasStolenStresslevel #6 Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

First lieutenant

• 30871 battles

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 19 July 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

at least he isn't lying? 

lol. the question is why would the OP mention that he is unicum in blitz if he dont know all these basic stuffs?

1. You use the third view camera when zoom out. 

2. You use your tanks strong points, hull-down if good turret and always keep moving to make cupola hard to hit (if weak spot), u side scrap trying to get as much angle as possible (unless its a russian tank like is4 that you cant even pen that thing even if the angle is 90 degrees lol). Consider that the enemy will fire gold at you if u angle too well. OR you buy yourself a type 5 heavy and sit in the middle of the map and grab a pop corn, come back 15 minutes later.

3. Consider how lucky/unlucky the match maker was to you.

4. That's called skill, you get a skill by learning/playing the game, its really like learning to ride a bicycle like someone said above. And sometimes luck too.

5. if its a fast tank maybe u can try to dodge arty, arty will predict where you will be in the next second, try to not be there then. OR then try not to be in the open field. hiding too much wont help too, it will get u killed faster, specially with the splash buff arty received, i got lost 300hp in my amx cdc for simple being behind a hard cover, arty hit the opposite side of the hard cover i was (approx 10-20 meters thick house) and i still lost 300 hp and my commander died....

6. again thats skill and not a simple forum answer will fix this for you. But to give u one idea, i look my minimap 70% of the time, sometimes i drive only looking the minimap completely.

7. avoid exposing your tracks and use ur third view to know when the enemy is probably reloading. Dont get in front of your allies, poke and hide (until reloaded), let ur team mate shoot too or you are being a bad poker. Try to keep your gun working 100% of the time, also, when u are poking and hiding too much, take a look in the minimap because u have wasted time in that position

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 19 July 2017 - 06:51 PM.

Forum Guy: "All that Marks of Excelence does is to encourage Damage farming over winning".

Me: "YES sir, MOE does encourage dmg farm over winning, just like winning does encourages: YOLO, Camping far back, gold spamming,"world of capping" mindset, OP premium tier 8's purchases, chat rage, platooning to farm win ratio, toxicity, seal clubbing, arty spam etc..... So i guess winning is much more toxic and bad behavior than dmg farming???"  Wait a minute, wow no one has ever thought about that this way??? Then I must be a genius                                                                                                                                                            https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25983 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostNapalmer, on 19 July 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

You say you're a unicum in blitz, and then you ask questions which should be common sense on Blitz.

Seems legit.

Blitz is a different game entirely. You don't bother with cover most of the time, you sit out and shoot crap for 3 minutes and hop onto the next game. Very very very casual. 

When you're hulldown, you'll figure it out when you look in 3rd person mode. You should only be showing your turret, so in sniper mode, you should still have a clear shot. When you want to peek and stay hulldown, I'd recommend creeping up and taking your shot in sniper mode and then zooming out as you reverse to keep battle awareness. 

Angling depends on the tank. Generally you'd want to wiggle a bit if they can just pen you normally to make it difficult to hit weakspots or to bait unfavourable shots. 

Choosing where to go depends on your team lineup, what tank you have, what the enemy has and then, importantly, you must be able to realise when its not a good idea to go to where you've decided when your team doesn't go there and you lack support. 

Poking a corner again depends on the tank. Some tanks prefer if you sidescrape. Your best bit is to try to not expose your inner roadwheel so avoid showing your side by poking at an angle only showing your front and turret. If they've fired however, you can poke with your whole tank to shoot them back if you can do it before they reload.

A lot of your questions requires experience and watching people play and explain it. Have a look on youtube for some videos, the core game hasn't changed too much so videos from years ago will still be relevant regarding those mechanical skills. Stuff like positioning and where to go however won't translate to now. 

Mrlucky4 #8 Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:33 PM

Corporal

• 10399 battles
  • [-SN-] -SN-

Love the way most people here don't even try to help and criticize and troll others :unsure:

Edited by Mrlucky4, 19 July 2017 - 09:33 PM.

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #9 Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

Major

• 10796 battles

Most of the Answers aren't strait forward, and are situational in implementation.

Angling is only effective if you are facing 1 Spotted Enemy Tank.  Angling doesn't counter the 3 other Unseen tanks Not to your front.

Hull down is pretty self explainitory, the hull is hidden from your enemies view/guns, leaving your turret or gun exposed for you to fire.

Deciding where to go is again Situational, all the plans you make during the 30 sec countdown go out the window when your entire team goes the valley.  You either follow like a lemming or Take your chances on your own.

How to play your opponent?  If he presents a Target for your Gun shoot him.  If he is obscured or hidden, move until you get a clear shot or Wait for an opportunity.

There is NO hiding from Arty tier 5 and above.  Below Tier 5 you have Rocks and buildings to hide behind as there is now splash damage from Small calibre guns.

How to be Map Aware?  Look at the Map and Note where the RED Blips are.  Red Blips are Enemy Tanks, Green Blips are friendly.  With the exception of SPG's Tanks are LOS (line of Sight) Targeting, so if a Tank is behind a hill/building you need to be in position to shoot around the hill/building.

Poking Corners is situational and can change depending on Tank and the environment.  You can reverse poke, front Poke, Angled Side reverse poke etc... in most cases it's a technique you use to provoke fire, so you can Poke while the enemy is reloading.  You bump forward and towards the corner like you are going to expose your Tank to fire, before reversing back from the corner, hoping your enemy has fired thinking you were about to expose yourself.  If he took the bait and fired, this is your opportunity to Poke and fire while he's reloading.

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

MagicalFlyingFox #10 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25983 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostMrlucky4, on 19 July 2017 - 11:33 PM, said:

Love the way most people here don't even try to help and criticize and troll others :unsure:

I love it when people randomly post a statement that is factually wrong. 

All those people who didn't try to help, all 1 of them. I think you need a definition for most.

Most

adjectivesuperl. of much or many with more as compar.
in the greatest quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number:
to win the most votes.
in the majority of instances:
Most operations are successful.
greatest, as in size or extent:
the most talent.

Zynth #11 Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

Major

• 21949 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMrlucky4, on 19 July 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Ironically, this is one of the least helpful posts in this thread.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

Whooohooo #12 Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 15325 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL

*off topic*

i'll go with basic forums rules...

1. don't try to boast anything unless you have a solid proof

2. don't try to point out anything that will getting back to yourself

3. don't whine, qq, rage or quitpost with long [edited] story

4. don't ask for any arty advice

5. don't use red text

.... still thinking for more

my sig also got HD buff ?

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #13 Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:10 AM

Major

• 10796 battles
Arty Advice seems to be more Accepted than Anime Tank, or OP Premium advice of late.

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Mrlucky4 #14 Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

Corporal

• 10399 battles
  • [-SN-] -SN-

View PostZynth, on 20 July 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Ironically, this is one of the least helpful posts in this thread.

Still better than criticizing :)

User_000125661 #15 Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• 14308 battles
Zooming out.  I have seen in many youtube videos (incl 4tankersanddogs) that they seem to be able to zoom out a looooong way.  My default zoom is OK but when I try to get a low view (ie for checking hull down) the camera zooms back in.  Is there a way to counter this or was this by design?

ISnipe_ #16 Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Private

• 2077 battles

View PostNapalmer, on 19 July 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Seems legit.

Well wot blitz and pc are not the same thing , blitz has aim assist hit makers and a  3d figure of tank in 1 st person well if you don't believe go to blitz stars and search TheRedFlash .

ISnipe_ #17 Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Private

• 2077 battles

View PostxRainbowAssassinx, on 19 July 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

at least he isn't lying? 

oh sorry about that I fd up the account so I made used a different account 

Bourne_Xlam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users