Jump to content


Boot Camp Feature Postponed


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

WGNews #1 Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

    Major

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 5,178
  • Member since:
    03-14-2012
The Boot Camp feature’s release has been postponed. It will not be included in Update 9.19.1 on the Asia Server. Find out all the details here.

The full text of the news item

T_Krieger #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 35335 battles
  • 73
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
No reason is given as to why this isn't coming to Asia. Technical issue? Linguistic? Hopefully some consideration is being given to the latter. Asia must have the most diverse range of languages across servers and new players really need more than the old 'drive into a bush and shoot' training mission. The player base would collectively benefit from explanations of mechanics within the game client.

RainbowAssassin #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

    Apache Attack Helicopter

  • Council of Armored Forces
  • 38246 battles
  • 2,081
  • [P__C] P__C
  • Member since:
    03-10-2013

Why?

 



Why?

 

Spoiler

Do we not get to share the same features and benefits of the other servers? Are we special? Must we be penalised?

 

If it is linguistic as suggested above, then it should be worked on harder to be prepared for all regions instead of going "ahh its just Asia server", I doubt that would happen to a EU server update, they also have many languages.

 

If in another case, that it is a bug... Then maybe it should be tested on beforehand (earlier)????? So that it can be released.... like other servers.


Edited by xRainbowAssassinx, 19 July 2017 - 10:31 PM.

 
Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, E100
 

 


AlexTheKid72 #4 Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22978 battles
  • 115
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    05-28-2017

Any reason why? 

I am an absolute noob, and was looking forward to discovering more about the mechanics at my own pace. Let me add that this game is almost impossible to enjoy starting six years after release. A match maker that happily pits 1k game players against 30k game players isn't really matching anything, and doesn't encourage new players to stick around when really we're just punching bags for the experienced, and get insulted for trying to enjoy a game. I will add here that the grief is probably deserved ... I am terrible at tanks :P

Make this feature work on asia server please :)

 

 



FishBoneEarthKhan #5 Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 2262 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    10-26-2016

Easy guys :D

think with the bright side, we are special, and wargaming love us!

Though this feature id postponed, but it will be wonderful when it is released

(Hopefully)



Napalmer #6 Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

    Objectionable Individual

  • Community Contributor
  • 47995 battles
  • 2,722
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

Patch is delayed... and we still don't get all the features.

 

MingLee


3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!


MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 32683 battles
  • 13,571
  • [YETI] YETI
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

GOD DAMMIT. I wanted to shoot some bots. 

 

oh hang on. 


Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 20 July 2017 - 10:31 AM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

 A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.


fastcx #8 Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:44 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 17907 battles
  • 4
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 20 July 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

GOD DAMMIT. I wanted to shoot some bots. 

 

oh hang on. 

 

I see what u did there:B

SF_CielPhantomhive #9 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12153 battles
  • 130
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE
  • Member since:
    11-01-2014
We need to flush all tha statpadders down the sink, maybe then we can add that thing back here.

Here was a story of Rhodesia, a land both fair and great...


CountryTripper #10 Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

    Private

  • Member
  • 13805 battles
  • 2
  • [_S-C_] _S-C_
  • Member since:
    01-15-2017

Just another example of WoT incompetence.
It's  a great game, just a pity the company/administrators are money hungry leeches with no social integrity.

I went to download/install WoT on my laptop, 3 weeks ago, (same connection/network as my PC), but it downloaded & only lets me connect to the NA servers.
I setup another account, same User/Password and Phone number ([edited]?).
Upon entering I was taken into Boot Camp.

The Boot Camp feature looked awesome!


I didn't continue to play, as I worried about the second account being established causing me grief to my real account.

I haven't spent a cent on WoT since March, when I realised the true nature of the company is simply using players as 'Cash Cows' with no regard for our gaming experience.

Wargaming even stated in a documentary, Mega Factories, that they are so big they can afford to make mistakes.

The sooner more members stop spending money, use Wargaming for the free gameplay only, eventually their bank balance will force them to listen to us members/players and provide us with the service we deserve.

As soon as a viable/fun alternative arrives, I intend to drop Wargaming like the 'bag of smelly excrement' they are! :)

 

I also find it amusing that the administrators posting have played so few battles, (compared to the long term members).
It clearly demonstrates the level of disconnection with the regular playing members and having no concept of the frustrations experienced.

Overall the Boot Camp delay is what I come to expect from Wargaming/WoT, failure to deliver and incompetent.

 

 


photo ctsigwmjmt3_zpszwatgxoh.png 

wasaabi #11 Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 22395 battles
  • 6,753
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostCountryTripper, on 22 July 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Just another example of WoT incompetence.
It's  a great game, just a pity the company/administrators are money hungry leeches with no social integrity.

I went to download/install WoT on my laptop, 3 weeks ago, (same connection/network as my PC), but it downloaded & only lets me connect to the NA servers.
I setup another account, same User/Password and Phone number ([edited]?).
Upon entering I was taken into Boot Camp.

The Boot Camp feature looked awesome!


I didn't continue to play, as I worried about the second account being established causing me grief to my real account.

I haven't spent a cent on WoT since March, when I realised the true nature of the company is simply using players as 'Cash Cows' with no regard for our gaming experience.

Wargaming even stated in a documentary, Mega Factories, that they are so big they can afford to make mistakes.

The sooner more members stop spending money, use Wargaming for the free gameplay only, eventually their bank balance will force them to listen to us members/players and provide us with the service we deserve.

As soon as a viable/fun alternative arrives, I intend to drop Wargaming like the 'bag of smelly excrement' they are! :)

 

I also find it amusing that the administrators posting have played so few battles, (compared to the long term members).
It clearly demonstrates the level of disconnection with the regular playing members and having no concept of the frustrations experienced.

Overall the Boot Camp delay is what I come to expect from Wargaming/WoT, failure to deliver and incompetent.

 

 

 

Complains about incompetence.  Downloads wrong client.

 

Perhaps the issue with Bootcamp is internationalisation/localisation which is done here in Asia and may not have been ready in time.


The Dude abides.

 
Spoiler

 


Razor_32 #12 Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:52 PM

    Private

  • Member
  • 14878 battles
  • 5
  • [NEPAL] NEPAL
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016
Just Why?

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #13 Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:14 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 10950 battles
  • 3,929
  • Member since:
    01-18-2015

View Postwasaabi, on 22 July 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

 

Complains about incompetence.  Downloads wrong client.

 

Perhaps the issue with Bootcamp is internationalisation/localisation which is done here in Asia and may not have been ready in time.

 

If this is the reason then why not STATE it, to remove all speculation?

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users