Just when I felt I've got a grasp on this game

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Proloser #21 Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:50 AM

Major

• 21075 battles
I wish I could disagree with you on the need for premium ammo NameWasStolenStressLevel, but I have to agree that due to the Maus and Type 4/5 meta, it's become quite necessary in many situations, especially on city maps. You can't always flank and having tanks that have [edited] armour with stupid DPM or huge derp guns, you can't risk bouncing anything because they'll out DPM or out trade you each time.

Scrub Reviews (most with memes): T20, T26E4, T-34-3

Kind of Scrub Reviews (no memes 2lazy): T110E5

kek

NameWasStolenStresslevel #22 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

Staff sergeant

• 28746 battles

View PostProloser, on 01 August 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

I wish I could disagree with you on the need for premium ammo NameWasStolenStressLevel, but I have to agree that due to the Maus and Type 4/5 meta, it's become quite necessary in many situations, especially on city maps. You can't always flank and having tanks that have [edited] armour with stupid DPM or huge derp guns, you can't risk bouncing anything because they'll out DPM or out trade you each time.

sorry for the wall of text, its too keep trolls away since i know they hate reading. And also to add some context to what i was trying to explain to OP about gold spamming as a new player.

Heavy tank lives are becoming harder with the constant buff of current HTs and addition of even harder HTs since they are suppose to be facing enemies frontally and giving their front armor to the enemy. That's why i constantly get shot by unicorns firing HEAT and other gold ammo while driving my Light armored vehicles, because heavy tankers don't even want to waste time switching ammo anymore while they're fighting those Mauses and type 5 heavies in my team or vice versa.  

Although I find a bit lazy when a new tank is released and no one even cares studying if its possible to pen without gold, they just go and tab that 2 key but thats their money going so i dont really care, as long as i dont get penned while angling correctly, i dont really care if they spam gold, i actually feel very prestigious and valuable target when a unicum enemy fire gold at me, it seems like they want to kill me as fast as possible because i am dangerous lol, if they dont fire gold at me i feel valueless or feels like they dont really want to spend gold ammo on me (when i am on my heavies or hull-down). Have u ever felt that way?

As i tried to tell to the Original Poster, dont rely on gold ammo because only that wont improve his WR,  it will be obligatory to fire it here and there whenever he play his heavy tanks (or when he cant have the enemy rear or sides or have no time to aim at frontal weak points). The whole point is learning the hard way like almost everyone here did, because that's make the game more enjoyable when u can profit out of killing enemies in my opinion, but that's just me and i am not a very heavy tank player although i only played low tier heavies and that's why i 3 marked my T32 with only 10 gold ammo in my load-out. Because tier 10 turret with a nice 198 pen doesn't require any gold, BUT it was before the Type 5 heavy flooded the battle fields and i only fired gold at Mauses when i had them frontally so it was occasional and it was before the addition of defenders and chryslers. If it was now i think my T32 would have to carry alot more than 10 prem shells. But my T34 says hello and he says he aint loading more gold just because of a joke chrysler armor....

Players get upset when their armor get penetrated without gold shell. That's another reason why its fun to fire standard ammo, to piss people off!

Sirfoch is a good example of real wot lover, he loves that whole angling well and aiming at weak spots thing (something less and less people care about day by day, by playing those type 5 heavies), so he cares only 3 symbolic gold ammo in all his tanks, and never fires it because , they are just symbolic, the symbol of not needing to use ammo that makes it easier to pen without aiming.

I think the op is too new player to be so worried about win ratio, if he is so worried at this stage he should try having more than one account. I cant leave my account with my 7 crew skill T49 and my hard grind'ed tanks. That would be like killing my identity or leaving my family that grew up with me in WoT and everyone knows how hard is to grind a crew... Would you guys leave an account that took 1000 chinukais battle just to get credits to buy a T57 heavy tank? I doubt you guys know the feeling of meaningless playing this game i would feel to remove/reset this account...  And i have no other reason to play wot than my light tanks and my hard grind'ed crews equipment and tanks that i would lose if i make another account. He still can still do it though, not gonna have to much to lose in my opinion.  At his stage in wot, i barely knew that i could auto aim at the enemy upon right clicking their tanks... 

I appreciate your agreement about gold ammo usage hope you didnt feel compelled to do so, though disagreeing with me would fit more the current forum meta. I cant remember last time someone have agreed with me besides that last time i said i was a noob. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 02 August 2017 - 08:34 AM.

Defender/Chrysler marathon next year? I would take a week holiday just to complete Defender/Chrysler missions and that would bring many people back (assuming that Defenders and Chryslers are the reason player numbers started to drop sharply). The game would have 1 million new players believe me Wargaming!!!

My stats in light tanks that allows me to spam the minimap whenever I die faster than the team:

Ezz #23 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 53852 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 02 August 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Although I find a bit lazy when a new tank is released and no one even cares studying if its possible to pen without gold. 

Lazy or finding a better strategy to deal with the glorious RNG for both aim and pen that we have to deal with.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed!

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

MagicalFlyingFox #24 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
The study consists of looking at the model and realising there's no frontal weakspot and that you can't pen unless you have 2xx pen. 

Ezz #25 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 53852 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Maybe everyone just needs to study the defender's armor layout a little longer. C'mon guys, don't be lazy.

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #26 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:48 AM

Staff sergeant

• 28746 battles

View PostEzz, on 02 August 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Maybe everyone just needs to study the defender's armor layout a little longer. C'mon guys, don't be lazy.

MagicalFlyingFox, on 02 AuguView Postst 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

The study consists of looking at the model and realising there's no frontal weakspot and that you can't pen unless you have 2xx pen. 

yeah defender is hard to pen, I have bounced a defender's lower plate with 248 pen standard ammo that my T34 provides while being right in front of him with no angle (I said "WHHAAAAAT OP OP tenk!!'' ) yet perma-tracked and full clipped a defender while IN FRONT of him (about 100 degree out) with only 144mm penetration that the standard shells in the amx 13 75 provides, i guess i was just lucky he had only one repair kit and not an extra prem repkit lol. Note that all shots penned and probably also tracked that defender while he didnt have gun depression to shot me

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 02 August 2017 - 09:20 AM.

Defender/Chrysler marathon next year? I would take a week holiday just to complete Defender/Chrysler missions and that would bring many people back (assuming that Defenders and Chryslers are the reason player numbers started to drop sharply). The game would have 1 million new players believe me Wargaming!!!

My stats in light tanks that allows me to spam the minimap whenever I die faster than the team:

Flying_Elite #27 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 23617 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 02 August 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

sorry for the wall of text, its too keep trolls away since i know they hate reading. And also to add some context to what i was trying to explain to OP about gold spamming as a new player.

Heavy tank lives are becoming harder with the constant buff of current HTs and addition of even harder HTs since they are suppose to be facing enemies frontally and giving their front armor to the enemy. That's why i constantly get shot by unicorns firing HEAT and other gold ammo while driving my Light armored vehicles, because heavy tankers don't even want to waste time switching ammo anymore while they're fighting those Mauses and type 5 heavies in my team or vice versa.  

When there are no AP Penetrable weak spots on the front of a tank, why would someone even bother shooting standard?

Although I find a bit lazy when a new tank is released and no one even cares studying if its possible to pen without gold, they just go and tab that 2 key but thats their money going so i dont really care, as long as i dont get penned while angling correctly, i dont really care if they spam gold, i actually feel very prestigious and valuable target when a unicum enemy fire gold at me, it seems like they want to kill me as fast as possible because i am dangerous lol, if they dont fire gold at me i feel valueless or feels like they dont really want to spend gold ammo on me (when i am on my heavies or hull-down). Have u ever felt that way?

Not everyone wants to study the game, they see something they haven't seen before so they shoot gold to get rid of it in the fastest way possible. That's been the case for years...

As i tried to tell to the Original Poster, dont rely on gold ammo because only that wont improve his WR,  it will be obligatory to fire it here and there whenever he play his heavy tanks (or when he cant have the enemy rear or sides or have no time to aim at frontal weak points). The whole point is learning the hard way like almost everyone here did, because that's make the game more enjoyable when u can profit out of killing enemies in my opinion, but that's just me and i am not a very heavy tank player although i only played low tier heavies and that's why i 3 marked my T32 with only 10 gold ammo in my load-out. Because tier 10 turret with a nice 198 pen doesn't require any gold, BUT it was before the Type 5 heavy flooded the battle fields and i only fired gold at Mauses when i had them frontally so it was occasional and it was before the addition of defenders and chryslers. If it was now i think my T32 would have to carry alot more than 10 prem shells. But my T34 says hello and he says he aint loading more gold just because of a joke chrysler armor....

Players get upset when their armor get penetrated without gold shell. That's another reason why its fun to fire standard ammo, to piss people off!

Players get upset when armor is penned regardless of what shell type it is...

Sirfoch is a good example of real wot lover,

So you think that unless you load minimal gold ammo, you don't love the game?

he loves that whole angling well and aiming at weak spots thing (something less and less people care about day by day, by playing those type 5 heavies), so he cares only 3 symbolic gold ammo in all his tanks, and never fires it because , they are just symbolic, the symbol of not needing to use ammo that makes it easier to pen without aiming.

Foch is one type of player, the type that values the challenge more than anything else in the game, and when his challenge becomes nearly impossible (Because Type 5/Maus/Chrysler/Defender) he goes off on his rants, he's an amazing player and he does love the game very much but it's only a fraction of the player base that plays the way he does, just like I'm sure there are others that play the way I do. That doesn't mean I don't love the game any bit less than he does, in fact I am very passionate about the game, it's one of the key reasons I applied to be a moderator and why I put my shitty little replay videos together.

I think the op is too new player to be so worried about win ratio, if he is so worried at this stage he should try having more than one account. I cant leave my account with my 7 crew skill T49 and my hard grind'ed tanks. That would be like killing my identity or leaving my family that grew up with me in WoT and everyone knows how hard is to grind a crew... Would you guys leave an account that took 1000 chinukais battle just to get credits to buy a T57 heavy tank? I doubt you guys know the feeling of meaningless playing this game i would feel to remove/reset this account...  And i have no other reason to play wot than my light tanks and my hard grind'ed crews equipment and tanks that i would lose if i make another account. He still can still do it though, not gonna have to much to lose in my opinion.  At his stage in wot, i barely knew that i could auto aim at the enemy upon right clicking their tanks... 

He's passionate about his account and is only just at 1k games, it's exactly the kind of attitude the playerbase needs, more people focused on wanting to win, wanting to improve... He needs to take it easy yes but he does not need to reroll in order to be a great player, he can easily get from 50% to 60% with some hard training. It's not that hard to grind a crew, just takes time and patience. If WUSEA is still a thing I'd suggest he go there to learn things he may not have picked up yet. Yes it would be easy to imagine what it would be like if my account was reset, I've worked extremely hard to get to where I am in the game and to have all that progress just be wiped would feel like a relationship breakup because I am addicted to the game. 

though disagreeing with me would fit more the current forum meta. I cant remember last time someone have agreed with me besides that last time i said i was a noob. 

You still don't get that we're trying to educate you... all this experience people have and you deny what they are saying, people only decided to troll you because you exploded at someone trying to tell you that your opinion was wrong and provided the facts to prove it... Try making a post that isn't so passive aggressive or something more open minded...

Spoiler

Facebook | Youtube | SEA Replay Thread | WotLabs Stats | Best Ambush Skills Asia

3 MoE: Crusader

2 MoE: AMX 1390, Skorp G, T-34-3, T-34, T67, M53/M55, WZ-131, STRV m/42-57

NICE MEME

MagicalFlyingFox #28 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 02 August 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

yeah defender is hard to pen, I have bounced a defender's lower plate with 248 pen standard ammo that my T34 provides while being right in front of him with no angle (I said "WHHAAAAAT OP OP tenk!!'' ) yet perma-tracked and full clipped a defender while IN FRONT of him (about 100 degree out) with only 144mm penetration that the standard shells in the amx 13 75 provides, i guess i was just lucky he had only one repair kit and not an extra prem repkit lol. Note that all shots penned and probably also tracked that defender while he didnt have gun depression to shot me

Yeah. No. That anecdote is complete bullshit. 

0__lol__0 #29 Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

Staff sergeant

• 10707 battles

To the OP, I'm glad you are up to the Pz3/4. It's a really good tank and I think you won't have a problem maintaining your winrate in it.

The frontal armour is excellent. Gun depression, good dpm, brilliant mobility.

The biggest challenge for me is the same I have with all good, strong, fast tanks: over committed too early. 

It's got a soft turret, so sixth sense is a must. Not that it isn't always, but definitely more so on fast tanks. Being hull down won't help if you got spotted on the run over to your favorite bush on Erlinberg...don't ask how I know that. :)

Edited by 0__lol__0, 02 August 2017 - 10:57 AM.

Gold Brother, glorious gold.

Proloser #30 Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

Major

• 21075 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 02 August 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

I appreciate your agreement about gold ammo usage hope you didnt feel compelled to do so, though disagreeing with me would fit more the current forum meta. I cant remember last time someone have agreed with me besides that last time i said i was a noob. 

No I'm serious when I agree to that. Type 4/5 and Maus have really ruined city brawls by making gold ammo a requirement to fight them and have a chance.

Edited by Proloser, 02 August 2017 - 05:21 PM.

Scrub Reviews (most with memes): T20, T26E4, T-34-3

Kind of Scrub Reviews (no memes 2lazy): T110E5

kek

MagicalFlyingFox #31 Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:59 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View Post0__lol__0, on 02 August 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

To the OP, I'm glad you are up to the Pz3/4. It's a really good tank and I think you won't have a problem maintaining your winrate in it.

The frontal armour is excellent. Gun depression, good dpm, brilliant mobility.

The biggest challenge for me is the same I have with all good, strong, fast tanks: over committed too early. 

It's got a soft turret, so sixth sense is a must. Not that it isn't always, but definitely more so on fast tanks. Being hull down won't help if you got spotted on the run over to your favorite bush on Erlinberg...don't ask how I know that. :)

Nah, just gotta figure out where you should be, know when you should be spotted and not over-extend. Its a far less aggressive playstyle but it works. 

Generally you don't want to push too far forward in tier 5 mediums anyway with your really low hit point pool. 

Ensign_Brendoonigan #32 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Sergeant

• 1977 battles

hahaha, it's been a yoyo of a few days. Got my first Mastery in the Skoda T-24 today, yet yesterday I couldn't get a win in her. I even had a player message me I was a noob because I didn't want to use my lightly armed tank A/L against 3 heavily armed meds, yet I still did over 1k damage in the M42-57 picking up 3 kills in that game and won it for the team....  No way could I have done that if I'd tried to take them on. It's a support tank and if anything's close then I'm probably going to die a miserable death.

Anyway I've played mainly tier 5 Med's and am starting to see good results today in all of them (PZ III/IV, STRV M42 and Skoda T-24) after clearly not giving enough offerings to the MM gods yesterdays. It really seems strange that just about every tier 5 I've had has seen her WR smashed to the mid 30's, my M4 mid 20's!.... (the exception being the PZ III/IV) I didn't think I was that bad a player but it's clear I seem to do something wrong with these new tanks. I know not having a fully trained crew definitely doesn't help but I'm pretty sure that the problem is that I'm not getting involved enough in the battle to add my gun into the fight. It's that fine line between overly cautious and being petrified of being one shotted all the time and I'm probably being to cautious when it's a tier 7 matchup. I definitely expect to lose these matchups, so psychologically I'm having to fight myself as well as the opfor. However I'm getting all of these WR's back towards my goal of 50% as I get used to playing them, but it would be nice to not have to fill that gaping hole I've created.

O and my god all of these guns are terrible! Their frigging dispersion is comical so roll on 100% crews. 

I also took out the Czech premium Skoda T-40 for the first time today and wow she's a dream to drive! Really, really pleased with how well she performed in her 2 games and compared to my other tier 6 premium (the M42-57 A/L) so much easier to play.... Finally able to give some of those pesky T34-85M's payback! (insert evil laugh) That gun sound feels just so solid and it's amazing how quick the damage racked up in her. A very nice feeling in deed!

All in all I just have to get use to my WR bouncing around quite a bit, play a bit more aggressively and carry a bit more.   

NB: regarding premium ammo at lower tiers. These are my thoughts on it. If the game is close and I have to make the shot then I have no issue with it's use, if I'm facing a tank I know I can't pen it without it - then she's loaded but other than that I don't use it cause frankly you don't make any credits end game if you use it. My old blitz days taught me the in and outs on it which is why I don't need to spam it. I have to admit I'm amazed at the amount of APCR and Heat being flung around at low tiers. I actually think they're the seal clubbers as the vast majority of new players can't afford to run it.

Ensign

I say old chap, how about you be a jolly good fellow and shot somone else!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #33 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• 28746 battles

View PostFlying_Elite, on 02 August 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Players get upset when armor is penned regardless of what shell type it is...

Yeah i am happy that we think the same way in many points Elite, but i still think people get mad for being penned by non gold ammo (more than they do when its standard ammo) since that make them confused of whether they are angling incorrectly/ exposing WS or its just RNG working against them.

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 02 August 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Yeah. No. That anecdote is complete bullshit. 

Yeah Actually its totally bull***.  I usually just scream out loud some very heavy words (that cant be said in forums, that's why i am filtrating it) while salivating in my keyboard (or what remains of it). But the real bull*** is not be able to pen a lower plate that huge without more than 180mm. My pilot do a good work penning defenders in the tracks and sides without gold, gold is good frontally against defenders but i wont tell the other weak-spots that defender have that are less obvious but can be penned frontally without more than 190mm pen (pilots standard ammo). Because if i say it here it can work against me when i meet one of you guys playing defender in the battle field but i guarantee i have penned hull-down defenders many times without more than 190mm FRONTALLY and it was easy...Thats why i dont think defender is really so OP, its just an T34 with more armor and better everything else, but same dpm and less pen  (its totally noob proof though).

The real problem Fox is finding a defender to fight against in tier 8 battles, since pilot gets only tier 10 battles more often than i would have expected before i got it in the marathons, because in tier 10 battles i never see a defender, i only see amx CDCs, pilots and some french premium HT, never a defender because i guess defenders are too busy playing -8 match maker while low pen tanks like pilot gets treated differently and is sent to fight tier 10 tanks. But when i play tier 7 or even 6 i see defenders here and there all the time...

View PostProloser, on 02 August 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

No I'm serious when I agree to that. Type 4/5 and Maus have really ruined city brawls by making gold ammo a requirement to fight them and have a chance.

I hope WG is not increasing the number of city maps and decreasing the number of open field maps in order to indirectly increase gold spamming at super heavies. But at least they nerfed by incredible 10mm both type 4/5 heavy's commander port or something like that (bellow the turret) . And also i am happy that they wont nerf BC25t because thats my next tier 10 or will be the 3rd one (depending which one will be on 10% discount event) i am grinding towards.

Also forgot to mention the super maps that are incoming, thats why i dont wanna quit wot, because WG is doing some good things as well besides/despite the anime premiums (which many people dont really care about) and the super heavy tanks problem (which is more of a problem for other heavies, so play it at your own risk since TDs can pen it with no gold and anything else will flank you or sky toilet you)

Thank you men, See you guys in battle.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 03 August 2017 - 08:32 AM.

MagicalFlyingFox #34 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Well, last i checked, 140 is less than 200. And unless you are directly underneath a defender, you aren't going to be shooting at it frontally and penning. 

ok, you appear to have lost your point in your ranting.

Please regather it and present it again in a digestible format. 

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 03 August 2017 - 11:39 AM.

Ensign_Brendoonigan #35 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

Sergeant

• 1977 battles

Another day and another day of loss after loss after loss at tier 5. We'd be 4, 5 even 6 tanks up yet we'd still lose it. I really don't see the point at playing tier 5 to be honest.  

You can be completely cleaned up by tiers 6 and 7 tanks in one or 2 shots at most. If you're lucky you get the odd tier 4 game but for me it doesn't matter as they occur so seldom it's more of a novelty than a celebration. 

Existing players seem to think that tier 8 is terrible now but for new players tier 5 is an absolute disaster and I would think is in a much worse state. Crews without skills playing against highly skilled crews every game is just absurd. You definitely can't rely on your higher tiers to accomplish anything. I might as well play high tiers and fail there in better tanks, than constantly being on a hiding to nothing at this tier. At least I'm more likely to see a more even spread of talent there.

Maybe an improvement at this tier is having every commander being given 6th sense. Otherwise a lot of new players will simply give up.

Anyway my M4 continues to fail miserably yet I've now got a mastery, radley walters medal and an MOE in her. Yet none of it equates to victories so I really have no idea how to play her. I do high damage it's a loss, if I fail then it's a loss. But how do I have a MOE in her yet can't win anything in her. I'm seriously confused. ...

Nb: how do players with 20k games have win rates as low as 40%! 

Anyway I noticed today that the aiming reticle wasn't working properly when aiming over hills. It would always shoot well over what it was aiming at. Not to sure why it was doing it or how to fix it.... hmmm

Ensign

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

Ezz #36 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 53852 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 04 August 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

But how do I have a MOE in her yet can't win anything in her. I'm seriously confused. ...

MoE tends to be a good reflection in tanks that have a decent battle count across the population. In the lower tiers there probably aren't that many people playing lots of battles in a single tank that much, hence not many people have MoE.

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 04 August 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

'Power grinders'. Basically people not really trying to win so much as getting into and out of battles as quickly as possible. WG tend to view them as not breaking any rules so have never taken steps to ban them.

Edited by Ezz, 04 August 2017 - 01:32 PM.

jessica_raven #37 Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Captain

• 16414 battles
Its always better to buy tier 8 prem and fail there rather than failing at tier 5/6 for first few thousand game. You got much more credit there even on 200 dmg game and lose, plus better exp on high tier game. Even on tier 5, you going to play against older player with 4-6 crew skill anyway, theres no different from buying a lowe and using 75% crew for it and go up against veterans in tier 10.
Wot.. Wot never change..

ForbiddenSabre #38 Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Sergeant

• 34248 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 04 August 2017 - 05:23 AM, said:

Another day and another day of loss after loss after loss at tier 5. We'd be 4, 5 even 6 tanks up yet we'd still lose it. I really don't see the point at playing tier 5 to be honest.  

You can be completely cleaned up by tiers 6 and 7 tanks in one or 2 shots at most. If you're lucky you get the odd tier 4 game but for me it doesn't matter as they occur so seldom it's more of a novelty than a celebration. 

Existing players seem to think that tier 8 is terrible now but for new players tier 5 is an absolute disaster and I would think is in a much worse state. Crews without skills playing against highly skilled crews every game is just absurd. You definitely can't rely on your higher tiers to accomplish anything. I might as well play high tiers and fail there in better tanks, than constantly being on a hiding to nothing at this tier. At least I'm more likely to see a more even spread of talent there.

Maybe an improvement at this tier is having every commander being given 6th sense. Otherwise a lot of new players will simply give up.

Anyway my M4 continues to fail miserably yet I've now got a mastery, radley walters medal and an MOE in her. Yet none of it equates to victories so I really have no idea how to play her. I do high damage it's a loss, if I fail then it's a loss. But how do I have a MOE in her yet can't win anything in her. I'm seriously confused. ...

Anyway I noticed today that the aiming reticle wasn't working properly when aiming over hills. It would always shoot well over what it was aiming at. Not to sure why it was doing it or how to fix it.... hmmm

Tier 5 is really a nice tier because it teaches you to value your tank and your contribution to the game without getting screwed over by people in better tanks with better crews. Before the new MM changes, tier 4 was the worst tier you could be in because you had both shit tanks and shit mm. Sometimes dmg and winning have an opposite correlation. Ie you have to die early to secure a win. Took me a while to understand that as well and probably the way unicums have both a high winrate and high wn8 is because they die when they need to and maximise their good games. If anything, buying a tier 8 Prem tank and failing there just removes you will to keep playing because you're outclassed in both skill and tier by tier 10 players. IMO it's worse than being at tier 5, especially in the current mm where tier 8s get shafted more often than not into tier 10 games.

Your usual bad@tonks pubbeh player/teammate

Ensign_Brendoonigan #39 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Sergeant

• 1977 battles

I ended up playing my Panther M10 today to try her out and thoroughly enjoyed her. 1st class mastery in her first game so off to a great start, I guess preferential MM sure helps!

Still can't decide on a tier 8 premium. TBH none seem all that special to me. Maybe the Mutz for my eventual Leoprd crew, maybe the Patriot if I go down the US heavy line. I keep going back to the VK45.03 but she's only tier 7 and I have no idea what sort of return she brings in. I can pickup gold as well then as she's so much cheaper which means camos, inscriptions etc on her and other tanks. (Yes I like having them on). Also crew training would go a long way as well.

I think my future plan of attack will be to play more tier 4's, I probably made a mistake in just sticking with the tier 5's this week. But you live and learn. Maybe 40% tier 4s, 30% tier 5's 15% 6's with the remaining amount being wherever it falls. Tier 4 has been alot more fun than tier 5 for me so I'll look to continue building up my crews there.

I have to admit I'm unsure if I'll keep any of the tier 5's as I've struggled so much with them but I don't really want to throw away the crews as they're almost all around 95-100% trained in there respective tanks.

I did buy the VK30.01D and the Skoda T25 today as they're on sale, and with the discount still on, hope to also pickup either the M4aE2 (S Jumbo), or the Churchill 7 as well. One day I'll play them but not before they're fully decked out and I  feel up to the task. But I'm in no hurry as I can just play my tier 6 premiums to build up there crews and build up some confidence with it.

And geez, I discovered I need to learn the codes when using repairs and first aid kit. I'm forever choosing the wrong one! By the time I've done it I can sometimes already be dead. I definitely need to concentrate on this.

I just wish that if you only have one crew man killed that all you have to do is use the small medic kit and it automatically selects that crew member. Same with the equipment repair.  Darn I'm way to slow!

Old age I guess. 

Ensign

jessica_raven #40 Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

Captain

• 16414 battles
Rep kit put on 5, if tracked, double tap 5.
Wot.. Wot never change..

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users