Changes/Suggestions you think should be implemented to Ranked Battles?

Ranked Battles Tier 10 Bonds Changes Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Althenis #1 Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:18 PM

Corporal

• 19479 battles
  • [UAR-S] UAR-S

So The Title is Self Explanatory, what do you think should change in WoT's Ranked Battles?

Let me start things off:

1. Change the Chevron System from 12/3 to 10/5.

I think this change should be implemented the most. While it may sound like I'm whining, with how the current setup is, being part of the Top 12 in a winning team is quite easy to get as long as you do some damage/assistance, While aiming for Top 3 on a losing team is sometimes too much to ask depending on the tank a player is using. Changing it to 10/5 will force players to work harder just to either get a chevron, or losing one, but lighten the load enough so that players who have put in more effort on both teams get rewarded better and faster, with less people on the winning side getting a chevron for "barely doing anything" and more people on the losing getting a chevron for "doing your best even when the situation is going bad".

2. Increase the available times Ranked Battles can be played.

While the 4PM-6PM/8PM-10PM window is sufficient, I think going with a 4PM-7PM/8PM-11PM window would be better. Increasing the window time by half would mean more chances to win(or lose) chevrons. That, or include another window at 12NN-2PM along with the original window times.

These are my personal suggestions. What do you think, and what are your suggestions?

Harley_Holden_Lover #2 Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

Corporal

• 16107 battles
  • [LANCR] LANCR
this game has got way to much power creep and too many tanks that were good are now so bad u sell them, and the teamwork in this server is not there at all. light tanks are too dam powerful and every new tank they bring out is stronger then the last like come on it is pathetic the state this game is in now

Althenis #3 Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Corporal

• 19479 battles
  • [UAR-S] UAR-S

View PostHarley_Holden_Lover, on 22 July 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

this game has got way to much power creep and too many tanks that were good are now so bad u sell them, and the teamwork in this server is not there at all. light tanks are too dam powerful and every new tank they bring out is stronger then the last like come on it is pathetic the state this game is in now

While I agree that the power creep is unfortunately well and present, that's not something we can influence much. On previously good-now bad tanks, They're slowly balancing them out to be competitive again. Prime example are the high-tier MTs of the Chinese and USA line. On the Light Tanks, I don't think that's true. Most, if not all, of them lose out to their MT Counterparts for their respective country, in terms of DPM, Spotting Range, Sometimes Mobility, and some on Camo. How people say they're too powerful, I don't know. If anything, they're actually underwhelming ever since they nerfed the stats down back in PTS. If LTs are really that powerful, then WoT Statistics should reflect that by having more LTs playing high tiers, especially in Ranked/Team/Clan Battles, something that, as far as I've seen, isn't happening. Even in Random Pub Matches, I rarely ever see matches where LTs are the majority tank types being used. Their only gimmick, "Same Camo in both Stationary/Moving" doesn't really do much if pretty much everyone else in the same tier can outspot you. Take this from a player who's preferred tank type is Light Tanks. Out of my +13k total matches, quite literally half of those are one Light Tanks, and from that number, approx 1.4k battles are on the T49 a.k.a. "The Slot Machine". Hell, out of the 15 most used tanks I've ever had, 9 are LTs.

And while I did entertain your input, you still didn't give your own opinion on the actual topic, nor give on a suggestion for Ranked Battles. Bluntly, you only ranted. There's a reason why this part of the forum is named "Serious Discussion", not "Rant Discussion".

Edited by Althenis, 22 July 2017 - 11:58 PM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #4 Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:32 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75813 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

No gold rounds

Reason: Because WG says that tanks are not balanced around gold rounds

Hence their removal would make the balance work more as intended

LupisVolk #5 Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

First lieutenant

• 11887 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

View PostBluefunk, on 23 July 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

No gold rounds

While we're at it can we bring that in to the base game as well.

Wise words one said in general chat:  "MM doesnt suck. MM works as intended. Players dont."

tekno #6 Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 22860 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD
10/5 for the losing team? Kinda makes a mockery of any skill requirements for the mode. Advancing up the ranks by clicking battle and doing 2 shots of damage?
I would prefer top 3 dont lose a chev, bottom 12 do. That should stop the back line camping/redline sniping. I stopped playing the mode since a large chunk of the players were playing for top3 on a loss.

Mother_Of_All_Rommel #7 Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

Ambassador of silly strat

• 21248 battles

View PostBluefunk, on 23 July 2017 - 02:32 AM, said:

No gold rounds

Reason: Because WG says that tanks are not balanced around gold rounds

Hence their removal would make the balance work more as intended

WG should start balancing more tanks around gold round.. they already did that with Maus, Defender, VK100 :)

#makearmorgreatagain

1940- In 2018, we will have flying cars.

2018- Tonk=lyfe, proven by scientist

Althenis #8 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:35 AM

Corporal

• 19479 battles
  • [UAR-S] UAR-S

View Posttekno, on 23 July 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

10/5 for the losing team? Kinda makes a mockery of any skill requirements for the mode. Advancing up the ranks by clicking battle and doing 2 shots of damage?
I would prefer top 3 dont lose a chev, bottom 12 do. That should stop the back line camping/redline sniping. I stopped playing the mode since a large chunk of the players were playing for top3 on a loss.

Let me clear this up a bit. when I meant 10/5, it's the Top 10 of the Winning Team and the Top 5 of the Losing Team that should get a Chev. I think you understood it wrong by thinking Top 10 of the Losing Team gets a Chev while the Bottom 5 don't. 

Edited by Althenis, 24 July 2017 - 01:36 AM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #9 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:20 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 75813 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I think everybody should Chev. So that people who play a lot get rewarded.

People who can't play a lot would then spend a lot to get rewarded.

As for people who play good, go play some other games like CS or something.

Flying_Elite #10 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

Always blame Hema!

• 30144 battles
  • [YETI] YETI
  • If it's about individual skill levels shorten the teams, if it's team based skill levels bring in platoons.
  • Have MM match specific tanks from a short list. So if one team has 2 Maus, the other team must have 2 Maus as well, same with the other super HT's
  • Remove Arty from the mode if it's about individual skill levels, because more often than not arty cannot out play other tanks.

Spoiler

DunningKruger_Effect #11 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

Captain

• 18765 battles

View PostFlying_Elite, on 24 July 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

• Remove Arty from the mode if it's about individual skill levels, because more often than not arty cannot out play other tanks.

"Wat arty is required skill ok yes even wgl user pro gamerlords use arta why mad cause bad ok alot of work goes ok into ctrl click map and left click ok target got em i need arta for chev why you mad bonds should be for everyone all ok skill level" - everyarta player all time ok

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users