Pz. Kpfw. VII - any good for a second heavy line?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ensign_Brendoonigan #1 Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Sergeant

• 1977 battles

Hay guys,

Would this line be any good for a newish player as other than the PZ IVH I don't see much of it about? I'm looking for a second heavy line to play for when I need to take a break from the British heavy line. Basically I don't want a line that plays similarly to the British (but isn't Russian) that's going to be fun to play. I'm not concerned so much about the tier X as by that stage I'll be a much more experienced player, so it's more about the enjoy ability of tiers 5-9 that matter to me, especially knowing the forcasted issues I'm about to experience in the Brit line.

I could go US but the line is similar to a lot of the Meds I play, so I am hesitant to play such a similar ridgeline playstyle. IE: I don't want to keep playing the same way all the time.   

Thanks guys

Ensign

I say old chap, how about you be a jolly good fellow and shot somone else!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

ForbiddenSabre #2 Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Sergeant

• 34248 battles
  • [LIFE] LIFE

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 29 July 2017 - 03:50 AM, said:

Hay guys,

Would this line be any good for a newish player as other than the PZ IVH I don't see much of it about? I'm looking for a second heavy line to play for when I need to take a break from the British heavy line. Basically I don't want a line that plays similarly to the British (but isn't Russian) that's going to be fun to play. I'm not concerned so much about the tier X as by that stage I'll be a much more experienced player, so it's more about the enjoy ability of tiers 5-9 that matter to me, especially knowing the forcasted issues I'm about to experience in the Brit line.

I could go US but the line is similar to a lot of the Meds I play, so I am hesitant to play such a similar ridgeline playstyle. IE: I don't want to keep playing the same way all the time.   

Thanks guys

Try the Chinese HTs, the T7 plays like a Russian, the T8 is a little shit though, T9 is god tier that plays like a mix of T-10 and E75. Bonus points because it leads to 2 great T10s as well

Your usual bad@tonks pubbeh player/teammate

kickim #3 Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

First lieutenant

• 34183 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

Russian heavies are the safest bet, they are not difficult to play and leads to some pretty good and favored tanks such as IS3 in tier 8 SH/CW and IS 7 in tier 10 CW.

Most Russian heavies have decent armour and a big gun and it fits newbie playstyle of driving straight up to the enemy and trade fire until one is dead.

Higher tier, armour is less reliable as better players know how to shoot weakspots or spam gold rounds.

if u have the cash, buy a defender.

Chinese heavies are similar to Russians, but you can abuse the hard turrets and big alpha guns.

depression will be an issue and you can't use the typical hulldown spots your American heavies can.

now leads to 2 good tier Xs.

Germans are harder to play, Maus n E100 are good tanks to have but it will be a long grind to get all 3.

mid tier heavies dun have much armour so if 2nd line support is your style, then you will do alright.

abuse the accuracy and keep the gun pumping.

Others I dun have a clue cos I haven't played em yet. I've been grinding for almost 3 years now and I only have one tier X heavy, and that's the E100... but I hope to add the Maus and 113 soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users