Low tier light tank guns

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ensign_Brendoonigan #1 Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

Sergeant

• 1977 battles

Hay guys. Should tiers 2-4 lights only use the scatter guns? I've been using the single shot guns but get demolished every time against all the scatter guns in play.

Especially as my BT7 constantly comes across 5-6 german lights every game. 

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan, 30 July 2017 - 11:31 AM.

Ensign

I say old chap, how about you be a jolly good fellow and shot somone else!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

Zynth #2 Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

Major

• 20939 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 30 July 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Hay guys. Should tiers 2-4 lights only use the scatter guns? I've been using the single shot guns but get demolished every time against all the scatter guns in play.

Especially as my BT7 constantly comes across 5-6 german lights every game. 

Depends on the tank.

The main ones you see with spray cans at that tier are the Pz 1C and Luchs, both of which have very good spray guns. Try to avoid fighting them one on one in close quarters combat, instead try to get sneaky shots out from longer ranges and run if they attempt to approach you.

The BT-7 should be using single shot since its spray can sucks.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

Defiance_ #3 Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 18606 battles
  • [RATZ] RATZ

View PostZynth, on 30 July 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

Depends on the tank.

The main ones you see with spray cans at that tier are the Pz 1C and Luchs, both of which have very good spray guns. Try to avoid fighting them one on one in close quarters combat, instead try to get sneaky shots out from longer ranges and run if they attempt to approach you.

The BT-7 should be using single shot since its spray can sucks.

Russian Sprayers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

signature.png

"Hope is being able to see Light despite all the Darkness."

3 MOE Tanks(2) : M4 Sherman, KV-1

2 MOE Tanks(16) : Cromwell, T-34-85, Panther 8.8, Churchill III, T-43, T37, KV-85, Pz. IV H, T32,Excelsior, IS-3, HT NO VI, StuG III G, ARL 44, T67 , T-10 (Latest)

Ensign_Brendoonigan #4 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

Sergeant

• 1977 battles

Started to get better results this avo with the quick firing gun. It seemed to literally happen with a flick of a switch. It went from every side having 4-6 of the German lights to only 1-2 per side. Very bizarre. Already unlocked the A-20, but have decided to get the top radio on the BT-7 to use on the A-20 as it's training up the crew on camo in the mean time.

Cheers

Ensign

I say old chap, how about you be a jolly good fellow and shot somone else!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

rubbish_tanker #5 Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

Private

• 320 battles

Learn the strengths and weakness' of all the tanks you are likely to face and then play to your strength and their weakness.  When playing against the mg tanks, don't get in a close flight - they will nearly always win since the closer they get the more pen and the more shots actually hit you.  They have poor dispersion and usually poor penetration so keep your distance and use hard cover.  There are some who will load nothing but ACPR in their mg's - not much you can do about these guys but it's always nice to see some of the ACPR bouncing and knowing that it is costing them dearly :)

If they are unloading on you and you are out in the open change your tank orientation to face on, move and wiggle to cause bounces and back away from them.  Remember after they unload their clips they have a longish reload.  If they come at you as a pack, well there's not much you can do and it's the same regardless of the 'pack' that's coming after you.  If you put yourself in a position where you are overmatched then you are overmatched.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users