Why do the top clans play tier 8 clan wars

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

MM_is_Broken #1 Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:01 AM

Corporal

• 5279 battles
  • [FORUS] FORUS

Why do the top clans play tier 8 clan wars?

when they have the ability to play tier 10 clan wars

Only reason i can see is that they can beat down on new clans like my clan which have only started clan wars

My clan doesnt have the tanks to play tier 10 clan wars or experience

If the end game is tier 10 and they are there then im afarid playing tier 8 clan wars makes them seem like cowards to me

sensible respones would be apreciated

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #2 Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

First lieutenant

• 21128 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 12 August 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

Why do the top clans play tier 8 clan wars?

when they have the ability to play tier 10 clan wars

Only reason i can see is that they can beat down on new clans like my clan which have only started clan wars

My clan doesnt have the tanks to play tier 10 clan wars or experience

If the end game is tier 10 and they are there then im afarid playing tier 8 clan wars makes them seem like cowards to me

sensible respones would be apreciated

Ironically this was one of the big reasons we all wanted 6s closed. Alot of good clans just sat there.

Fingers crossed as the season goes on, and rust is work off clans move back into tens more frequently. But I don't control those clans. So I can answer for them. :(

3Moe Tanks: VK28.01 (1st and most proud of), IS6

2Moe Tanks: Batchat 25T AP, T54light, 416, IS3, ScorpionRHM, RHM(15cm), WZ-132, T21, PZ IV H, M4, KV1s, 

Spoiler

JordyBro #3 Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:49 AM

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 20007 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Would be ideal to have a league system where by the better you play as a clan you progress up a ladder into higher divisions etc.. more gold and rewards the higher you get. To give everyone a chance at experiencing tier 10 CW

Edited by JordyBro, 12 August 2017 - 09:13 AM.

Centurion_IRL #4 Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:58 AM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 26887 battles
  • [ANZAF] ANZAF

View PostJordyBro, on 12 August 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Would be ideal to have a league system where by the better you play you progress up a ladder into higher divisions etc.. more gold and rewards the higher you get. To give everyone a chance at experiencing tier 10 CW

and this would no doubt make the end game more enjoyable and competitive

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler
"Judge me not by how I fall, but how I stand myself back up again"

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” 

Bluefunk #5 Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60545 battles
  • [WAT] WAT

Are you those who believe that good @ tonks = bad @ lyfe?

You may be surprised to hear that many of good @ tonks are also good @ lyfe. And with most good @ lyfers, they stop playing. It gets hard to form teams. Clans die off. When an IS-6 is worth less than a weekend day of OT, you won't grind it thru a marathon or gold thru CW.

Defender / Chrysler and SoS / BiA compatibility, the two biggest middle fingers to long-time players

You want people to stop playing this game? Because that is how you get people to stop playing this game

Bluefunk #6 Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:50 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60545 battles
  • [WAT] WAT

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 12 August 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

and this would no doubt make the end game more enjoyable and competitive

Well it would definitely be "competitive", in the sense that clans that "play" more "battles" get tonks during camp-pains.

Defender / Chrysler and SoS / BiA compatibility, the two biggest middle fingers to long-time players

You want people to stop playing this game? Because that is how you get people to stop playing this game

Flying_Elite #7 Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Always blame Hema!

• Forum Moderator
  • 23595 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Clans are lazy and can field more teams if there is only 10 players. Simple really

Spoiler

Facebook | Youtube | SEA Replay Thread | WotLabs Stats | Best Ambush Skills Asia

3 MoE: Crusader

2 MoE: AMX 1390, Skorp G, T-34-3, T-34, T67, M53/M55, WZ-131, STRV m/42-57

NICE MEME

JOC469 #8 Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• 61334 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
^This - due to the length of time between seasons it will take some clans a bit more time to become 'active' again. Fielding 10 players in tier8 and possibly making credits is mich easier than getting 15 players together to lose credits. This is also per team, so once land is held and clans push out into other provinces the requirements increase further - 20 active players vs 30 to field 2 teams.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

Bluefunk #9 Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60545 battles
  • [WAT] WAT
How many Defenders are used in tier 8 CW?

MM_is_Broken #10 Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:38 AM

Corporal

• 5279 battles
  • [FORUS] FORUS

SO then why BOTHER WITH tier 10 clan wars 

If its the end game and either a they cant field teams or waanna beat down on new clans like my clan because they can and its easy

YOU may as well remove tier 10 clan wars from the game

VOTE TO REMOVE TIER 10 FROM CLAN WARS

(i hit the logout button 10 times and it wont log out i dont get it)

Run_Away_Brave_sir_Robin #11 Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:05 AM

First lieutenant

• 21128 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostMM_is_Broken, on 13 August 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

SO then why BOTHER WITH tier 10 clan wars 

If its the end game and either a they cant field teams or waanna beat down on new clans like my clan because they can and its easy

YOU may as well remove tier 10 clan wars from the game

VOTE TO REMOVE TIER 10 FROM CLAN WARS

(i hit the logout button 10 times and it wont log out i dont get it)

Allot of the answers given are very honest. Surprisingly, the answer to your question now. Is a damn annoying history lesson relating back to the introduction of t6 and t8 CWs.... Which brought the attention of end game content away from tier X CWs.... Basically. Because clans got into the mentalities of "why play tens when we can play 8/6s and still earn gold" is why this has all happened. Notice something. NA have now returned to a tier X only CWs setup. EU hasn't had tier 6 CWs for over 2 global map seasons. (Almost a year) and idk what the ru region is like but I imagine its the same as EU.

On another note. Remember how long it's been since we had CWs. That's one of the reasons why clans are either lazy or still playing tier 8s. Because they are getting players back so that tens will be an option for them. Hell. Did you not see both TIMB and NZAD playing tens? (TIMB hasn't played CWs in a very long time. And NZAD are a similar boat. But I give them both credit as long as they don't give up and Petter away)

3Moe Tanks: VK28.01 (1st and most proud of), IS6

2Moe Tanks: Batchat 25T AP, T54light, 416, IS3, ScorpionRHM, RHM(15cm), WZ-132, T21, PZ IV H, M4, KV1s, 

Spoiler

Centurion_IRL #12 Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:13 AM

Fighting Irish

• Senior Moderator
  • 26887 battles
  • [ANZAF] ANZAF

This is why clans play T8 clan wars. And it wasnt an easy win went right down to the wire.

Edited by Centurion_IRL, 13 August 2017 - 07:18 AM.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler
"Judge me not by how I fall, but how I stand myself back up again"

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” 

Bluefunk #13 Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 60545 battles
  • [WAT] WAT

Ok yupz Defenders are being used.

I'm not coming back to CW.

iguru #14 Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 43482 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN
CWs should be ranked, in an ideal situation where they have enough numbers(participants) to make it viable. But for the foreseeable future good clans will continue to dominate wherever they choose. 
But if it was totally ranked, then we'd miss the easy games too. 

tekno #15 Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• 19094 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

why do the top clans play 8s...because their likely superior opponents are doing tens...so they can seal club in 8s.

as for NZAD not doing Cw....when the map is up we chip @least one landing a night...preferably tens->use it or lose it

Edited by tekno, 13 August 2017 - 09:29 AM.

Napalmer #16 Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 35176 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 13 August 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

This is why clans play T8 clan wars. And it wasnt an easy win went right down to the wire.

Must... not... make... CR/D... comment!

In regards to the topic, clans will naturally try and look for fights they can win, rather than challenging themselves.

Edited by Napalmer, 13 August 2017 - 09:32 AM.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, T37, AMX 12T, Cromwell, IS-3, T-54

Signature

The smell of Napalm...

Ensign_Brendoonigan #17 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

Sergeant

• 1949 battles

New players perspective on this

So let me get this right, 

Clans are relatively inactive because of there really being no benefit in being in one, then tier X's are to expensive to run in CW's, so it makes sense that they'd prefer to play CW's at tier 8, but tier 8 is covered with broken tanks. However everyone knows that you also should only run specific tanks in CW's as well, which rules out a huge amount of players who have don't have them from playing or wanting to play. Why because there tanks aren't balanced for CW's! How many players start the game thinking I know I have to grind "XXX" tank because in 10k games I'll be up to play Clan Wars when it's actually run.

So then the question is, why are people surprised that people don't play it and why clans are dying. (I often see clans of 50-99 players only have 10-15 players active over the last month which is a bad sign)

I kinder feel that WG has shot itself in the foot here, as the player numbers are not there to make it work, especially as it seems that players seem more inclined to play tiers 4-7 these days. Throw in that no clan wants to be constantly soundly beaten by clans who are full of unicum players every time they go out (which is counterintuitive to a successful game), coupled with how long it takes for a player to get just 1 tier X tank. It seems like, some players and WG have forgotten you have to have new blood coming in all the time to replace those leaving, so repeatedly beating up on them reduces peoples involvement, not increases it. Not everyone has played 10-20k games and where's the new players incentive to work towards it.. 

Wouldn't a step in the right direction be to run it at tier 9, and if you want 2, try tier 7 as well to start increasing player numbers. Pretty sure they don't have any broken premiums and the credit loss wouldn't be as much at 9. You'd also get more playing, as players are more likely to have them. I feel this is important as the longer term players do drop out of the game. However first WG needs to get new players into clans and make an incentive for it other than CW's. Ideally CW's also needs to be ranked as well to ensure new, smaller clans have goals to aim for. I'm actually surprised they haven't done something similar as the Blitz model where you get discounts on tanks and consumables so the more XP clans generate in game, the higher the clan level is, the higher the discount is for a respective tier. IE: tier 5 clan means costs are down by 10% on up to tier 5 load outs. 

Ensign

I say old chap, how about you be a jolly good fellow and shot somone else!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

MagicalFlyingFox #18 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

No. CW should be end game content. Tier 8 is not "end game content". I have been an advocate for removing the scourge that is Tier 6 and 8 CW for a long time now. WG have responded but nowhere near what I would like.

What i wish for is this season to be the last season of tier 8 CW. 

No one complained back in CW 1 that all the good clans were locking people out of the map because the map was large enough to accommodate the multiple tiers of clans relative to their skill level. Those pretty bad clans would be hitting landings to improve, the alrightish clans had some pockets of mediocre paying lands and the good clans had the goldpots and connecting provinces. 

No tier 8 kiddie pool. 

JordyBro #19 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

First lieutenant

• 20007 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 13 August 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

No. CW should be end game content. Tier 8 is not "end game content". I have been an advocate for removing the scourge that is Tier 6 and 8 CW for a long time now. WG have responded but nowhere near what I would like.

What i wish for is this season to be the last season of tier 8 CW. 

No tier 8 kiddie pool. 

Rid 8's work out a tier system so the top rated clans do not have to fight the lowest. Like I have said for a while a league system which requires promotion or demotion with rewards based on the rank your clan achieves.

or divide the map into sections with different incomes, to move from one front to the next you must progress up with ELO or rating.

None of it matters as Asia has no influence over the global Clan wars game.

so gg

MagicalFlyingFox #20 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

You wouldn't even need to. You can just dump everyone on a large map and scatter gold pots. Then you design the missions so the less experienced clans can gain a gold income through completing missions on LZs and a greater amount by fighting on a province. 

A league system would be preferable though

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 13 August 2017 - 10:40 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users