Pele 

:trollface:

JOC469 #102 Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Carried by [KELLY]

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 62684 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View Posts70blackhawk, on 18 August 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

I prefer (and some of my clan) prefer to play the smaller teams. Smaller and dynamic games that require some more detailed plans, rather than just Defence or Attack in a predicable manner because there is way more players covering the map. Think of it as Rugby 7's Vs a full 15 player Rugby team. Same rules, but different tactics. It's not all about getting better and moving up the tiers from my perspective. CWs is fun for me, not a competitive ePeen WN8 comparison.

But if flying around the map spremming gold (Yes that even happened at Tier 6, but at least you only lost 20K per battle) and clicking on things in OP tanks is your thing then go for it!!! I'm not sayin you can't. But if you think the top clans should be allowed to club seals in lower tiers, then I have a problem with that.

This is where your clan is going wrong - there were no 'detailed plans' in tier 6. The best defence was a good offence, and all you needed to do was zerg/blob with an ability to feel out where the opfor was before engaging and focussing on a smaller group, retreat, then rinse and repeat.

It gives your team an opportunity to focus on some game craft - focus firing, etc - but you are not crafting super serious strats.

You thinking it is not about getting better and moving up the tiers is the exact reason why it was shut down. WN8 has no bearing on CW.

Actually you are trying to say that some (better) people can't (or shouldn't) be able to play lower tiers and that is wrong.

View PostSir_British, on 11 February 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

KingANZAC #103 Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

Corporal

• 2446 battles
  • [A1TB] A1TB

View PostRun_Away_Brave_sir_Robin, on 12 August 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

Allot of the answers given are very honest. Surprisingly, the answer to your question now. Is a damn annoying history lesson relating back to the introduction of t6 and t8 CWs.... Which brought the attention of end game content away from tier X CWs.... Basically. Because clans got into the mentalities of "why play tens when we can play 8/6s and still earn gold" is why this has all happened. Notice something. NA have now returned to a tier X only CWs setup. EU hasn't had tier 6 CWs for over 2 global map seasons. (Almost a year) and idk what the ru region is like but I imagine its the same as EU.

On another note. Remember how long it's been since we had CWs. That's one of the reasons why clans are either lazy or still playing tier 8s. Because they are getting players back so that tens will be an option for them. Hell. Did you not see both TIMB and NZAD playing tens? (TIMB hasn't played CWs in a very long time. And NZAD are a similar boat. But I give them both credit as long as they don't give up and Petter away)

[Content removed]

Insults to Moderators.  Content removed, user already sanctioned.

~Wasaabi

KingANZAC #104 Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:49 PM

Corporal

• 2446 battles
  • [A1TB] A1TB

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 12 August 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

This is why clans play T8 clan wars. And it wasnt an easy win went right down to the wire.

[Content removed]

Insults to Moderators.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

~Wasaabi

Papa_Wiskey #105 Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

Corporal

• 35589 battles
  • [O_G] O_G

I think it is odd that many of the clans who pushed to get rid of tier 6 CW to make more clans play tier 10 are scrubbing it down in tier 8. I still think there should be a tier 6 CW although tier 8 and 10 are much more fun to play.

Someone suggested a  league, which is not a bad idea i.e. if you are good at tier 6 you can no longer play at tier 6 you have to play at 8 or 10 etc. This means that better clans can't farm off the weaker ones.

Ensign_Brendoonigan #106 Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:50 AM

Sergeant

• 2849 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS

View PostPapa_Wiskey, on 20 August 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

I think it is odd that many of the clans who pushed to get rid of tier 6 CW to make more clans play tier 10 are scrubbing it down in tier 8. I still think there should be a tier 6 CW although tier 8 and 10 are much more fun to play.

Someone suggested a  league, which is not a bad idea i.e. if you are good at tier 6 you can no longer play at tier 6 you have to play at 8 or 10 etc. This means that better clans can't farm off the weaker ones.

This will always happen as what people say and do are normally two completely different things. Especially as at the end of the day everyone takes the easier route. Costs also come into it as it costs less to run at tier 8 than at tier 10. Besides tier 8 has all the OP premium tanks where it's a lot more even at tier X.

However just because someone from a clan says something should happen doesn't always reflect the general players from the clans desires. Even the clan commander only has so much power because if players don't want to run X, or don't have enough players available at the tier at the time, yet can get teams of tier 8's then where would you go. IE: struggle for 10's or have fun at 8, I'd imagine you'd go with 8.

Ensign

Team, ah Team, where's my team!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), FV215B (Caernarvon), Chinese lines (T34-1, 110 & 59-16). 

thommo_nz #107 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

Sergeant

• 44434 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

Much commentary in this thread early on about a league system...  <up vote>  I've certainly been a supporter of something like this for quite a while.

Choked a little when I read about PYRO being on Tier 8 because 'rusty'...  yet still dominate on Tier 10 suggesting NOT rusty...  :amazed:

Tier 8 should be a 'taster' for newer/less experienced clans to gear up to Tier 10...  and yes, there is a benefit to having exposure to better clans at that level, however the demoralising effect needs to be taken into account...  loss after loss after loss because a bigger clan wants to train more callers or exorcise rust isn't going to provide encouragement.

We certainly don't relish the thought of losing every night, but are focussing on a number of aspects:

1. Most of us have Tier 10s and want to play them (yes, even at a loss) because its been so long since the last campaign/season (Credit Care Level = 0)

2. We are rusty, but know that coming up against bigger/tougher clans will soon scour that away and we will learn something along the way

3. We know that tank locking will get us in the end...  and at that point we can either take a break or have a look at the Tier 8 map

4. Somehow I seem to take less team damage at Tier 10...  :mellow:

Edited by thommo_nz, 21 August 2017 - 09:25 AM.

JOC469 #108 Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• 62684 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View Postthommo_nz, on 21 August 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Much commentary in this thread early on about a league system...  <up vote>  I've certainly been a supporter of something like this for quite a while.

Choked a little when I read about PYRO being on Tier 8 because 'rusty'...  yet still dominate on Tier 10 suggesting NOT rusty...  :amazed:

Tier 8 should be a 'taster' for newer/less experienced clans to gear up to Tier 10...  and yes, there is a benefit to having exposure to better clans at that level, however the demoralising effect needs to be taken into account...  loss after loss after loss because a bigger clan wants to train more callers or exorcise rust isn't going to provide encouragement.

Just because PYRO have declared some players are rusty, doesn't mean they won't be winning games (at any tier). There are a number of factors to 'winning':

having a strat

killing all of the enemy tanks (or capping)

then there are the factors that make up the killing or capping:

listening to the caller

calling targets

focus firing

etc

It is these factors that a clan may be rusty at, and may want to improve.

A loss is only a loss if you don't take something away from it. It sounds like your clan doesn't make the most of your losses

joc469, the great purporter of  'name-changer' and 'clan-leaver' all hail the JOC469!

MM_is_Broken #109 Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

Corporal

• 7546 battles

Just have to look at the results board to see whats going on

But it doesnt matter anymore i just see this place for what it is and it aint gunna change any time soon

See any WG comments in this thread?

I just see the normal actions by the normal people saying the normal old shit

It will be a good day when WG takes over from all these power hungry minions

But that wont happen so GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

MM_is_Broken #110 Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

Corporal

• 7546 battles

Please close this thread

i no longer have the  desire to achieve any ethics out of most of the players in world of tanks.asia

Hilly #111 Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

We always have room for someone with the right requirements

• 11323 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostJOC469, on 21 August 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Just because PYRO have declared some players are rusty, doesn't mean they won't be winning games (at any tier). There are a number of factors to 'winning':

having a strat

listening to the caller

calling targets

focus firing

etc

A loss is only a loss if you don't take something away from it. It sounds like your clan doesn't make the most of your losses

Good post JOC.

Pyromaniacs [PYRO] is recruiting now. Please email/pm me if you are interested.

JOC469 #112 Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

Carried by [KELLY]

• 62684 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

The OP has already been told that 'WG' discuss the contents of topics like this in another platform - Skype.

It was suggested that he look to join, but he couldn't be bothered. So don't complain about not hearing anything when you aren't prepared to do what is required to listen.

Edited by JOC469, 21 August 2017 - 11:49 AM.

thommo_nz #113 Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:16 PM

Sergeant

• 44434 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

View PostJOC469, on 21 August 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

having a strat

listening to the caller

calling targets

focus firing

etc

Your last comment is completely redundant as the unquoted section of my post stated 2. ... learn something along the way.

For simplicity and clarity that includes making the most of (learning from) losses.

wasaabi #114 Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 19732 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Thread closed at the request of the OP.

~Wasaabi

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users