Black Prince loadout

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Ensign_Brendoonigan #1 Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• 3302 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS

Hay guys,

Should I play her any differently than the Churchill 7? She looks a lot more solid and looks to have better gun depression which will be great to have back.

Also for equipment, all I've added so far is vents as running her stock and won't take anything else until I upgrade the suspension. Not sure which is the best 2nd and third option IE: Heavy spall liner, rammer or vert stabs.  I feel that 8.5k xp seems like a bit of a waste at tier 7 for the suspension upgrade but I'll see how she goes to start with. Honestly I'd rather save my free XP for the Caernarvon or whatever other tier 8 I eventually get.

NB: running a fully trained crew with them all on there 2nd skill and all doing repairs this time. Running with 6th sense, snap shot, smooth ride, sit' awareness and safe stowage already. I'll be changing them all to BIA once I get the repairs all trained up as well.

Thoughts

Ensign

Team, ah Team, where's my team!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), FV215B (Caernarvon), Chinese lines (T34-1, 110 & 59-16). 

_Spawny_ #2 Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 46817 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

I'm currently grinding black prince and only recently just gotten the top gun. Running Rammer, vents, vertical stabs. Not sure about the tracks but I remembered using free xp for it and grounded out to the top gun. 

It is definately better than Churchill VII, esp the troll armor. You'll get some amazing bounces when side scraping. Even the side armor is troll. Top tier it's a beast, bottom tier best to be support for other tanks. 

Zynth #3 Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:29 AM

Major

• 21979 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Having trouble with this thing, if only my team would survive long enough until I reach the front line.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

_Spawny_ #4 Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 46817 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
Haha yeah.... I just imagine I'm driving a T95 with a tooth pick tickle gun. 

ThomChen114 #5 Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 31534 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

you'd still want to have crew repair skill on the BP.

if you're not quite decided on what some of the equipment to mount, toolbox is a good temp equipment to stack with the crew's repair skills.

save the exp and grind the suspensions on the BP the hard way. the upcoming supertest buffs to the Caernarvon will include a 32-pdr gun.

as far as the weapon goes, even once you acquire the top 17-pdr gun, you'd probably need to carry a significant amount of APCR to carry yourself

deviantArt ID i-am-thomas

iDd_Sloth #6 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

First lieutenant

• 24589 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

The usual loadout for any HT.

Vents + Rammer + Vert Stabs.

As with any slow moving tank with a pop gun, decide well on where to go.

Once you've decided you're most likely to stick to that route since this tank lacks the flexibility to relocate and be dynamic.

And again, it has a pop gun.

*edit* I can tolerate it moving slow but it's alpha is beyond salvation and it's not nimble enough for cheap shots.

Edited by iDd_Sloth, 12 August 2017 - 04:37 PM.

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

Zynth #7 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

Major

• 21979 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostiDd_Sloth, on 12 August 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

*edit* I can tolerate it moving slow but it's alpha is beyond salvation and it's not nimble enough for cheap shots.

I cannot stand slow speed and I cannot forgive the low alpha on such a shitty platform. Maybe if it had a 20 pdr.

Edit: I have become what I despised the worst, I am a powergrinder, somebody who goes into battle not looking for a win, but for enough damage to get me some exp. The combination of free premium time, boosters and the desire to churn out as much exp as possible has lead to this.

Edited by Zynth, 12 August 2017 - 04:50 PM.

iDd_Sloth #8 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

First lieutenant

• 24589 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

View PostZynth, on 12 August 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

I cannot stand slow speed and I cannot forgive the low alpha on such a shitty platform. Maybe if it had a 20 pdr.

Edit: I have become what I despised the worst, I am a powergrinder, somebody who goes into battle not looking for a win, but for enough damage to get me some exp. The combination of free premium time, boosters and the desire to churn out as much exp as possible has lead to this.

Welcome to the CLUB?! I suppose  :)

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

Ensign_Brendoonigan #9 Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• 3302 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS

OMG, this tank is making me go broke!

It's premium or don't pen... lol

Ensign

tekno #10 Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 20016 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

what to run on the BP.....well there are a few options..

1. grind it normally add vents rammer (3rd piece your choice) and AP.....and soon you will enjoy stabbing yourself in the thigh with a fork.

2. vents rammer binos? GOLD and the largest boosters you got

3. vents rammer optics GOLD get the x2.....go play something thats decent..come back tomorrow ....repeat...the hell will end...eventually.(thats how I did it)

Zynth #11 Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

Major

• 21979 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Posttekno, on 13 August 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

what to run on the BP.....well there are a few options..

1. grind it normally add vents rammer (3rd piece your choice) and AP.....and soon you will enjoy stabbing yourself in the thigh with a fork.

2. vents rammer binos? GOLD and the largest boosters you got

3. vents rammer optics GOLD get the x2.....go play something thats decent..come back tomorrow ....repeat...the hell will end...eventually.(thats how I did it)

4. Copious amounts of strong alcohol of your choice.

Ensign_Brendoonigan #12 Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• 3302 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS

lol,,,,, alcohol, I should have thought of that!...

I'm hoping once I get the top gun it'll be a bit easier but at the moment my most memorable games have had one with 3k spotting! and another with 6k bouncing... literally 7 tanks shotting at me. problem was I didn't have any pen to hit them back either..... but really, really struggling to get any damage done.... (either because of speed as in can't get there or nothing pens without APCR)....

O I went with Vert stabs with vents and rammer, but thinking to swap it over with optics as I can't even see type 4 heavies shotting at me..... 

Ensign

iDd_Sloth #13 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

First lieutenant

• 24589 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

It was a very good thing that I finished the grind on BP before the coming of the OP T8 prems/ JP Super Heavies / Czech Heavies / New German T8-T9 Superheavies and finally the NEW MM which messed things up on tanks below T9.

Now, thanks to the new MM you'll get bottom tier more often than you like.

mttspiii #14 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 26761 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
It used to have the niche of being an "assault" T29, having a turret pennable only by tier 9 guns. Then WG nerfed that turret, and added Skorpions and Defenders everywhere.

Sadly, even in its other role of fire-on-the-crawl it's not really that good either. That said, it's still a decent chokepoint tank absorbing hits and xp from the chaos and destruction within 300m around it.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #15 Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

Major

• 10796 battles

As Mttspii said above.  Was a decent Tank NOW pretty irrelevant and hard to find it's place in battle.

In it's day Vent, Rammer and Stabs, but Now I'd replace the stabs with the Spall liner.  The Slow pace and being easily spotted make it an SPG magnet, and being perma stunned/tracked is hell.

As you well know fro your Churchill grinds, getting to battle is half the problem, and more so in the Slow Black Prince, once there your ROF used to make a difference, now your 63 shots NEED to pen to score a kill, where the enemy only needs 1 or 2 to cripple you and another 1 or 2 to end your misery.  SPREM is waste as cost for damage will get your Tank repossessed by the Bank.  If you could Predict when you were going to be Top Tier, it'd be worth taking out, but in any other situation other than Top Tier it will mostly end in tears.

I still have it in my garage, mainly because it's the LAST 5 Crew Heavy, and I have 3 skill crew in it, and live in hope that MAYBE the British line will get some love and NEW Tanks that my Various crews will transfer to.  

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Ensign_Brendoonigan #16 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

Staff sergeant

• 3302 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS
lol, just noticed the Scorpion G has literally the same ROF as I do..... what can you do when they're so insanely mobile and theirs 2 on the op side in a tier 8 match? 8 kills between the 2 of them with over 6k damage

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan, 14 August 2017 - 11:57 AM.

Ensign

Ensign_Brendoonigan #17 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• 3302 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS

Okay, really struggling to get wins in the BP. I know I'm new to this tier but cheez, hopefully it'll improve over the next few days. I seem to do either 3-500 or 1-2k in her. It's that speed factor, lower tiered heavies get into places I need to get into for max effect so I'm behind the eight ball from the get go. Or of course the high tier heavies rush into place and promptly get blown up by the tier 9's and 2 scorpion G's on the opfor team.... 

I'm not blaming the tank for all of the issues I'm having but I'm definitely seeing her weaknesses more and more..... (Curse you Arty and RNG).... 

NB: She's amazing at holding a spot though and I can block shells all day (exc' Scorpion G and type 4 heavies HE) but I'm still struggling to get those snap shots on target. I retrained my snap shot skill to Repairs and only have up to 66% on the second skill so maybe that's why. It's frustrating and whilst I'm holding them back because of the low damage output when holding it, I get minimal returns for holding the flank... any xp yet I've had 5-6 shotting at me all game.

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan, 15 August 2017 - 08:38 PM.

Ensign

iDd_Sloth #18 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

First lieutenant

• 24589 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

View PostEnsign_Brendoonigan, on 14 August 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

lol, just noticed the Scorpion G has literally the same ROF as I do..... what can you do when they're so insanely mobile and theirs 2 on the op side in a tier 8 match? 8 kills between the 2 of them with over 6k damage

???

Your BP have a basic reload time of 4.79secs VS the scorpion G's 11.70

That's basically 2 shots for his 1, that's not the same any way you look at it.

Whooohooo #19 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 15325 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL
the more i read about brit ht... the less i wanna grind my cc7 :facepalm:

my sig also got HD buff ?

Ensign_Brendoonigan #20 Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• 3302 battles
  • [AQUAS] AQUAS

View PostiDd_Sloth, on 15 August 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

???

Your BP have a basic reload time of 4.79secs VS the scorpion G's 11.70

That's basically 2 shots for his 1, that's not the same any way you look at it.

​really, it sure feels like it fires faster.... O well rof means nothing anyhow as all they need to do is fire and move back behind cover so it's still one on one

Ensign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users