Black Prince loadout

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Ensign_Brendoonigan #21 Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Sergeant

• 1977 battles

annoyed post ahead... :(

Really, really starting to have issues with this tank now as it's just so team reliant. No point deflecting shells or holding a flank as game after game I'm either picked on by Arty or the tier 8 & 9's simply don't pull there weight on the other flank, so my holding back 4-5 tanks continues to mean very little, especially as there remaining 3-4 tanks simply walk straight over the other 8 defending the other flank. Yes she's okay when she top tier, but with the way heavies are these days if you make one mistake you get hit for 3-600 damage which means you have to risk getting hit 3-4 times to do the same damage. I really do feel that you're basically just free xp to them for minimal return especially as you still need to use APCR against far superior higher tiered armour. How people do there own value in damage I have no idea with this tank, as sadly I feel you're reliant on the opfor being incompetent. 

NB: Just had my first win out of 6 games today and got a whole 320 damage in it which were from 2 lucky snap shots at targets in the distance as the team literally ran over the opposition on a desert map. Every other game (all tier 9 or 8 games) has me in the top 3 for XP yet loss after loss. Next game against tier 9's, Malinovka and our top tier heavies, lights and a few meds drive across the open fields and we're down 5-0 within 2-3 minutes. Sigh.

Only 60k to go until the Caenarvon. I don't know if I'll bother playing her. I have yet to see any play at higher tiers which is any better than lower tiers.

Anyway, maybe she simply needs to be platooned up with someone to make sure you get the support you need. This could be a big factor for getting much better returns.

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan, 16 August 2017 - 07:35 PM.

Ensign

I say old chap, how about you be a jolly good fellow and shot somone else!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

_Spawny_ #22 Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:07 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 44562 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

Finished the grind to Caernarvon. BP was hard to win since its so situational at times. Yes i gotten some amazing games in it and so so close to completing HT12 mission when I did more than 2k damage but bounced 4335 (short of 15 bounced) for 3x yr health, but it's still hard to win most times. Wins are dependent on yr team and my 48% win shows it. Sigh. 

Anyhow, the bigger question is... Should I free xp the Caernarvon directly to the conqueror? 

Jarms #23 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

First lieutenant

• 13026 battles
  • [-KO-] -KO-
The BP is okay, certainly better than the Churchill VII, but definitely one of the worst tier VII heavies. It just needs a speed buff and a buff to the 17-Pdr. I'd like to see it get access to the 3.7-Inch Gun, after they buff the gun first of course. 

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #24 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

Major

• 10697 battles

The Carny is getting a Gun Buff (reportedly a 32pdr), and it may make it MORE competitive than it currently is.  

The Black Prince is just plain out classed.  Your ROF doesn't mean shit if you can't land every shot and Pen every shot, while the Other Tanks you face with their high alpha only need to get "Lucky" a few times, or once and rack you to screw your DPM.  It's speed prevents you from Peek a Booming, so you have to rely on your armor.  Armor which means NOTHING these days in Tier 8 +.

I think I mentioned in another thread that they could just remove the 17Pdr AP round and make the SPREM round the new STD, which would make it more competitive in offense.

I always found it comical that she appears to Turn faster than she drives.  Used to love those Pesky lights or Meds trying to circle jerk her and getting out paced by hull and turret rotation. 

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Profanisaurus #25 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

Major

• 2010 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View Post_Spawny_, on 16 August 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Yes i gotten some amazing games in it and so so close to completing HT12 mission when I did more than 2k damage but bounced 4335 (short of 15 bounced) for 3x yr health, but it's still hard to win most times. Wins are dependent on yr team and my 48% win shows it. Sigh.

I did HT12 in it... before I was on HT12.  8 months and counting for HT12.
Salt glorious salt : They can not do what they want with unclearly way.

MagicalFlyingFox #26 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 24591 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO
You say that like the caern was competitive in the first place. 

Ensign_Brendoonigan #27 Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

Sergeant

• 1977 battles

I've only got 10k left until the Caernarvon. .. Used the plus 100% xp today and unlike other days haven't been seriously trolled.

I did get a Mastery in a tier 9 match which I'm rather proud of... 

I changed my approach with her. I just roll up and push as much as I can. I've given up on higher tiered players so trying to make my own luck now. Had a few failures but getting more damage in so of course more xp. Still can't win a game in her, but I am enjoying it more. However I don't think I've made a credit in her even with a premium account. 

Ensign

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

Ensign_Brendoonigan #28 Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Sergeant

• 1977 battles

Well it didn't take long to get the remaining XP. Had a great run today, turns out not really caring about your health seems to have had some good results for me. Taking on tier IX heavies probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but a few hits in on them and you're getting good XP returns. All I have to do now is get another 1.2mill credits in 4 days to buy the Caernavon, along with picking up another 40k xp in the British heavies to get that final road to the British tier x heavy mission completed to get the bonus 320k credit reward as well..... How hard can it be.

Ensign

0__lol__0 #29 Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• 10707 battles

Ha, your signature reminds me of what I say in chat regularly:

"Can you guys please start shooting something? Thanks".

I'll admit that it's often in capital letters, and has less "please & thank-you" than that.

Gold Brother, glorious gold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users