Cost of doing battle

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

agingtanker #1 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13300 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

So up to and including Tier 6, doing battle on a premium account always returns credits even if you don't do well and my team loses (assuming no use of premium ammo).  However in tier 7 if I do not do well in my Tiger 1 and die and the team loses, the game costs me credits (no premium ammo used).  My Tier 7 LT's never cost me credits (ignoring premium ammo).  So is this what I can expect IF I move up to higher tiers - ie the higher the tier and the bigger the tank the more they will cost to repair.  Do poorly and lose and it is going to cost me mega credits!

Still don't know what to do in battles where I am a bottom tier HT and have to face off against top tier HT's or TD's (not by choice - they just happen to be what I end up facing) - 2 hits and I am dead.

Edited by dhi67540, 14 August 2017 - 07:49 AM.

buntoy561 #2 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 61208 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

Don't die early, the longer you survive, the more chances you have of dealing damage and spotting for the team which gives you more credits and exp after the battle.

agingtanker #3 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13300 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
Agreed but with my skill level I need to draw a line at not wasting my credits/XP grinding to tanks that will bleed me dry.

Zynth #4 Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

Major

• 21668 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postdhi67540, on 14 August 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Agreed but with my skill level I need to draw a line at not wasting my credits/XP grinding to tanks that will bleed me dry.

Stop talking as if skill level is static. At your skill level you need to improve your skill level.

Doing that will solve many of the issues you currently have.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

agingtanker #5 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13300 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostZynth, on 14 August 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Stop talking as if skill level is static. At your skill level you need to improve your skill level.

Doing that will solve many of the issues you currently have.

There comes a point where skill level is static.  I can not, for example, react any faster than I currently do.  I can not improve aim time since my hand/eye co-ordination is as practised as it is going to get (slight hand tremor doesn't help precise aiming either).  My ability to discern targets in cities or heavy cover is only as good as my eye acuity - that will only degrade over time - not improve.

I can improve my knowledge of the game and my tactics/strategy and with time I might even improve my situational awareness and apply the knowledge I gain more instinctively rather than having to spend time thinking about it but my basic skills are pretty much fixed given this is a first person shooter game.

Edited by dhi67540, 14 August 2017 - 11:42 AM.

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #6 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

Major

• 10711 battles

Yes the Higher you go the HARDER it is to make money.  If Tier 6 is working for you, then stick to Tier 6 until you Reach a skill level or Technological Skill level that lets you properly compete in Tier 7.

As it is you'll see 3 Tier 8's which is managable.  In Tier 7 you'll 3 tier 9's and 5 Tier 8's and those 8's will most likely be the OP Premium of the week and the 9's well they're almost 10's so you have limited Damage oportunities unles you "2,2" and even then you might not make money.

If it were me, I'd stick with Tiers 5 & 6 and build up some GOOD crews and BANK to spend when you decide to push on up the Tiers.  One of those OP Premium Tier 8's might help with Money Making and crew Training, but be careful not to waste your Moon Base Moneyz on the WRONG Premium.

The Shaky Aim, can be mitegated with a Good Mouse like..............

That nice RED button is a "Sniper button" that Reduced the Sensitivety when pressed.  So when you Zoom in, press the button and you have fine control over your aim.

It's a Corsair Brand Mouse and it's only about $110 or cheaper depending where you shop.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker, 14 August 2017 - 11:47 AM.

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

Zynth #7 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

Major

• 21668 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postdhi67540, on 14 August 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

There comes a point where skill level is static.  I can not, for example, react any faster than I currently do.  I can not improve aim time since my hand/eye co-ordination is as practised as it is going to get (slight hand tremor doesn't help precise aiming either).  My ability to discern targets in cities or heavy cover is only as good as my eye acuity - that will only degrade over time - not improve.

I can improve my knowledge of the game and my tactics/strategy and with time I might even improve my situational awareness and apply the knowledge I gain more instinctively rather than having to spend time thinking about it but my basic skills are pretty much fixed given this is a first person shooter game.

This is a game designed so traditional first person shooter skills hardly apply.

No matter how accurate you are, there is RNG and dispersion. No matter how quick your reaction time is, there is aim time and turret traverse speed. No matter how good your eyes are, all tanks are highlighted when spotted.

This game is designed to be slow paced and places greater emphasis on positioning, map and situational awareness and tactical sense. All of which you can improve. This game hardly requires any form of FPS skillset, stop trying to call it an FPS because it isn't.

agingtanker #8 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:50 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13300 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostInglorious_Aussie_Tanker, on 14 August 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

Yes the Higher you go the HARDER it is to make money.  If Tier 6 is working for you, then stick to Tier 6 until you Reach a skill level or Technological Skill level that lets you properly compete in Tier 7.

As it is you'll see 3 Tier 8's which is managable.  In Tier 7 you'll 3 tier 9's and 5 Tier 8's and those 8's will most likely be the OP Premium of the week and the 9's well they're almost 10's so you have limited Damage oportunities unles you "2,2" and even then you might not make money.

If it were me, I'd stick with Tiers 5 & 6 and build up some GOOD crews and BANK to spend when you decide to push on up the Tiers.  One of those OP Premium Tier 8's might help with Money Making and crew Training, but be careful not to waste your Moon Base Moneyz on the WRONG Premium.

Sounds like good advice.  I have a lot of the current premiums (many tiers) and use them to grind free XP.  I much prefer my 'ground' tanks since I had to earn them and they come with options :)  I have opened up most of the Russian, German, UK and USA lines up to Tier 6 and I am effectively trying out everything (excepts some TD's and no SPG's)  I got the Archer and it took me a while to click to the need to drive it backwards to get anywhere (I thought the 12kph forward speed was rubbish).  I do have my favourites and will just stick with them for a while but the gameplay at the lower tiers is very different to the Tier 8 matches I attempt to play.

I have that mouse but my problem is when I press the button I tend to lift the mouse off the surface and it actually increases my shakes.  I'm not a young person like most of you...... still comes down to dexterity.

And for those who wonder how often I play this game - well I was developing a callous on my left forearm (behind the wrist) from the edge of the laptop (Alienware 17) so I switched to a separate left hand keypad.

Edited by dhi67540, 14 August 2017 - 12:17 PM.

agingtanker #9 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

Staff sergeant

• 13300 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostZynth, on 14 August 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

This is a game designed so traditional first person shooter skills hardly apply.

No matter how accurate you are, there is RNG and dispersion. No matter how quick your reaction time is, there is aim time and turret traverse speed. No matter how good your eyes are, all tanks are highlighted when spotted.

This game is designed to be slow paced and places greater emphasis on positioning, map and situational awareness and tactical sense. All of which you can improve. This game hardly requires any form of FPS skillset, stop trying to call it an FPS because it isn't.

Tell that to the T-34-85M's that pop out, shoot, pen me and pop back before I can even get the gun to bear and click the mouse button!

Zynth #10 Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

Major

• 21668 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postdhi67540, on 14 August 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Tell that to the T-34-85M's that pop out, shoot, pen me and pop back before I can even get the gun to bear and click the mouse button!

Have the sense to have your gun already trained where he is going to pop out and skip the "getting your gun to bear" part and go directly to the "click left mouse button" part.

Even then in these situations, have the sense to angle your armor or retreat if you feel he is banging you up too badly. Find some other engagement to fight. Have allies next to you so he gets smacked twice every time he pokes. 

You need to stop making up these stupid excuses for your shit performance. I have already seen your replays and I know for one that mechanical skill is the least of your concerns when it comes to gameplay.

iDd_Sloth #11 Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

First lieutenant

• 24353 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

From your tank preference, you seem to favor LIGHT tanks.

LIGHT tanks on this game requires the highest skill curve and are the hardest to master.

You should leave LTs until you get a better grasp of the game and stay with tanks that are quite forgiving for any mistakes that you take eg. HTs.

Next try to stay at lower tiers for the time being (Tier V) for 2 reasons: further training and earning credits.

As you progress thru tiers it is much harder to earn credits and the repairs bills scale up.

True LTs might be fast but they do require the utmost attention, situational awareness, map reading, GOOD tank crew, positioning and terrain knowledge.

IF HTs are too slow for your preference then you can take MTs with some armor e.g. RU MTs.

View Postdhi67540, on 14 August 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Those guys probably had a 4+ skill tank crew, hence you are at a disadvantage when facing them.

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

MagicalFlyingFox #12 Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25693 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View PostiDd_Sloth, on 14 August 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

Those guys probably had a 4+ skill tank crew, hence you are at a disadvantage when facing them.

No, its more likely a lack of situational awareness. 

southerner #13 Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• 10483 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
ALL i can add is........ you pays your money and plays your game :coin:
indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

southerner #14 Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Captain

• 10483 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostiDd_Sloth, on 14 August 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

From your tank preference, you seem to favor LIGHT tanks.

LIGHT tanks on this game requires the highest skill curve and are the hardest to master.

You should leave LTs until you get a better grasp of the game and stay with tanks that are quite forgiving for any mistakes that you take eg. HTs.

Next try to stay at lower tiers for the time being (Tier V) for 2 reasons: further training and earning credits.

As you progress thru tiers it is much harder to earn credits and the repairs bills scale up.

True LTs might be fast but they do require the utmost attention, situational awareness, map reading, GOOD tank crew, positioning and terrain knowledge.

IF HTs are too slow for your preference then you can take MTs with some armor e.g. RU MTs.

I loved playing lights right from the start, so guess that makes me a masochist then ? I will back you  up with the russian MT's, I play the object 140  kinda sorta like a light since WG completely stuffed up on the  T 100 tier 10 light. So i'm prepared to play the object 140 untill WG fix their stuff up.

Edited by southerner, 14 August 2017 - 01:02 PM.

iDd_Sloth #15 Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

First lieutenant

• 24353 battles
  • [ANKOU] ANKOU

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 14 August 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

No, its more likely a lack of situational awareness. 

That too.

View Postsoutherner, on 14 August 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

I loved playing lights right from the start, so guess that makes me a masochist then ? I will back you  up with the russian MT's, I play the object 140  kinda sorta like a light since WG completely stuffed up on the  T 100 tier 10 light. So i'm prepared to play the object 140 untill WG fix their stuff up.

People can "LOVE" what they want but does it necessarily say that it's the right path at the start?

I for one love/like heavy tanks but that does not make me good in playing them.

You can play the game how you like it to be as long as you don't use illegal mods or hinder/teamkill or AFK or BOT.

When an enemy Arty "one shots" 2 of your teams' heavies and you're in a heavy tank, you know you're screwed.

A heavy tank should have armor and a big gun, if you don't have either then you're not.

_Sammich_ #16 Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

Major

• 26559 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
OP if you're struggling with reaction time, vision, then try playing boats.  It's even slower paced than tanks and Battleships can't peek and go back into cover.

Different set of mechanics to learn  though.
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

MagicalFlyingFox #17 Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25693 battles
  • [PYRO] PYRO

View Post_Sammich_, on 14 August 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

OP if you're struggling with reaction time, vision, then try playing boats. It's even slower paced than tanks and Battleships can't peek and go back into cover.

Different set of mechanics to learn though.

Its also harder to know when you screwed up and once you do, there is the burning and the flooding and the burning and the fire and etc etc

southerner #18 Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• 10483 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostiDd_Sloth, on 14 August 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

That too.

People can "LOVE" what they want but does it necessarily say that it's the right path at the start?

I for one love/like heavy tanks but that does not make me good in playing them.

You can play the game how you like it to be as long as you don't use illegal mods or hinder/teamkill or AFK or BOT.

Yah true that, i just should of said it felt Right for me. As i feel that heavy tanks take forever to get them to go where I want them to. Then again I am lousy at playing tanks period.

_Sammich_ #19 Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

Major

• 26559 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 14 August 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

Its also harder to know when you screwed up and once you do, there is the burning and the flooding and the burning and the fire and etc etc

Yeah but you can press R at your leisure to stop it and then T to heal it if you're in a BB.  You then get to overpen the cruisers who set you on fire and relax for 30 seconds before you fire again.

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Inglorious_Aussie_Tanker #20 Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Major

• 10711 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 14 August 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

And the Ironic Cruelty of being surrounded by Water.  :arta:

Vote NOW, to Wall up the Lakeville Valley Pass.

So Many Idiots.

So little Shells.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users