Cost of doing battle

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

0__lol__0 #21 Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

First lieutenant

• 10888 battles

View Postdhi67540, on 14 August 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Tell that to the T-34-85M's that pop out, shoot, pen me and pop back before I can even get the gun to bear and click the mouse button!

That's called situational awareness.

If you know he is there, you need to be prepared. Tank angling, pre-aimed, ready to press fire.

Regarding tremors, I don't have anything like that, but nerves and the fact I'm left handed but use the mouse in my right, does Nerf my gunnery.

Here's the thing though, I KNOW that before I push battle, and I work on it all the time. 

I also bought a good quality gaming mouse which allows me to adjust the sensitivity while in game. I've settled on the lowest dpi settings as best. Around 600 works for me. It means I have to move the mouse halfway across the pad sometimes, but when I'm zooming, it's really help get rid of the shake.

Also, consider downloading Jimbo's crosshair mod. It has a setting with a big white circle for the cursor. I never get lost now.

I do need to get a better computer and screen though. 15 inch laptop on the lowest settings means I'm also often lost visually, trying to work out which building a tank is behind, or see him when his outline isn't red etc.

But all told, those things are small percentage nerfs, the biggest Nerf is not learning the basics.

Gold Brother, glorious gold.

kickim #22 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

First lieutenant

• 35089 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

try playing a bit more defensive, conservative and protect your HP and try to do more damage b4 u die.

when I started out, I think I average about 3 shots/hits before I get killed, damage vs HP ratio was very much less than 1.

these days I am a lot more cautious, I look at the enemy list and if I suspect there is a chance there is going to be a tough tank I can't pen or a sneaky TD ambushing... I go somewhere else or I hang back and play support or let some noob teammate take the risk...get in 1 or 2 free/opportunistic shots before deciding to either commit or to withdrawal.

If your damage done is consistently more than your HP, you should be profitable on balance.... dosen't matter whatever tier.

rubbish_tanker #23 Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

Corporal

• 456 battles
OK so I mentioned that I started another account (this one rather than dhi67540) to go back to basics (Tiers 1-V) and try to break all those bad habits I formed in the old account.  I have been somewhat more successful with all my stats (and even trying my hand at SPG's which has it's good days and bad days) but it's not easy at the low tiers either - you just get away with a lot more mistakes because the enemy in general do not have the skills to take advantage of them.......  (I judge how successful I have been by how few times I was hit by the enemy)

AKASHA178 #24 Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 28995 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View Postrubbish_tanker, on 20 August 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

OK so I mentioned that I started another account (this one rather than dhi67540) to go back to basics (Tiers 1-V) and try to break all those bad habits I formed in the old account.  I have been somewhat more successful with all my stats (and even trying my hand at SPG's which has it's good days and bad days) but it's not easy at the low tiers either - you just get away with a lot more mistakes because the enemy in general do not have the skills to take advantage of them.......  (I judge how successful I have been by how few times I was hit by the enemy)

i wish i could start over too, but it way frustrating to grinding all those tanks 

keep up the good work mate 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users