We're Merging Servers!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

karl0ssus1 #21 Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

Major

• 25138 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 17 August 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

If you ask me a more popular opinion would be that pubbies are shit no matter what server you're on.

Kinda goes without saying tho

RIP DM, 2012~2014 

shinkyo #22 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:44 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 100 battles

View PostEzz, on 17 August 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Sounds that way. We may see a few of the ANZ bunch who were happy to play west jump to sea. Tho if they were happy with ping to west, one wonders how much worse a central server would be.

With east server, i am getting around 170-190 but with central its around 230-250 which is similar to west.

shinkyo #23 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:46 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 100 battles

View PostEzz, on 17 August 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

Most forums are pretty desolate to be honest. Player pop maybe 10-15k around prime time, but not sure to be honest.

ahh didnt check out the other forums.  10-15k is a pretty decent amount. I think i will download SEA client and check it out personally. Thanks!

FadingNeptune #24 Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

Always blame Hema!

• 33178 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY
Pyro is already getting requests from people from NA saying they want to join. Gonna be hard telling them that they won't be getting a lot of gold :/

Spoiler

Centurion_MK64 #25 Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:36 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 32364 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Did a tracert to the new NA central and the ping is around 190

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #26 Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:59 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 82434 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostEzz, on 17 August 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

It was rather hilarious when the one of the re rolls turned up, couldn't maintain their NA stats, so blamed the teams. D-K is not baddy specific.

That reminds me, what happened to an entire country?

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Jarms #27 Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:39 AM

First lieutenant

• 13103 battles
  • [-KO-] -KO-

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 18 August 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

Did a tracert to the new NA central and the ping is around 190

I normally get 220-230 in-game, that went up to 250-260 in US central. 

Ezz #28 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:40 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 74643 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So with the apparent death of the split servers in the lucrative NA gaming market, one wonders what WG have learned out of it all. Hopefully then we'll see what changes they'll be making to halt this decline everywhere.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #29 Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Captain

• 50206 battles

i said one month ago that wot is ending in 6 months and hope i was wrong about that since i have invested 200-300 dollar in this game in 3 or 2 years playing, but seeing these server mergers is starting to scare me and scaring even more future investors/new players thinking about investing in this game.

The logic is simple there is no way to hide: more servers when a gaming is growing, less server when a game is dying... That means wot is falling and falling in a 200% earth's gravity world....

Now since they put all these anime tanks and rock n roll tanks in the shop in a gesture that reminds me of a drowning fish in its last attempt to survive and breath in polluted waters, why dont they just release already those tier 11 and tier 12 tanks and their reactive armor and rocket launchers? That would still makes more sense than anime tanks in my honest opinion (and its importance). Other problem is those tanks at tier 10 that look to similar, Japanese mediums and those french mediums, chinese heavies and russian heavies, you guys try too hard history accuracy in some point but forget about it in other points like anime tanks... That where the trouble is... 

No more re skinned tanks and tanks that look to similar in game play please!!! That could help this game stop shutting down servers (also known as "merging servers"...) and help bring people from other games.

Just an idea of course, I wish I could see the original comment of the person who proposed anime tanks in first place... oh wait! looks like there is not such comment...

The biggest problem in this game besides the balance problem, is the re-skinned tanks!!! Like someone suggested in the Suggestion Topic in a recent Thread (forgot the name) Stop re-skinning existing tanks and selling it as premium!!! you are looking for money too aggressively and you know what happens when you play too aggressively all the time. Instead of creating "new" re-skinned tanks, invest in improving the depth of current tech trees by giving more customization options to tanks and more guns to choose from (also those auto-guns in tier 2-5, make them somehow balanced to be used at higher tiers plz) . That will hopefully give wargaming more players to more servers instead of closing servers for the decreasing players!!!! Hear our voice wargaming plz

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 18 August 2017 - 08:27 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

MagicalFlyingFox #30 Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:26 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35566 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 18 August 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

i said one month ago that wot is ending in 6 months

You were damn late for the party.

A fair few of us have been saying for about a year or so WG don't seem to want this game to last. 

Been predicting a steady decline over 3+ years midway through the decline. The game won't die in 6 months though, I can guarantee that. It will be a slow painful death. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #31 Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

Captain

• 50206 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 18 August 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

You were damn late for the party.

A fair few of us have been saying for about a year or so WG don't seem to want this game to last. 

Been predicting a steady decline over 3+ years midway through the decline. The game won't die in 6 months though, I can guarantee that. It will be a slow painful death. 

well i agree i might be a little late for the party because i was not in the forum so actively 1 years ago :). But saying that the game will die since 3 years ago doesnt make it a good prediction, for example, i can say that that humans (in earth) will go extinct in 10000 years, most people will say i am too optimistic but thats still a prediction like yours :hiding:

yes i said i hope the game wont could die but 6 months seems very inaccurate, some [insert other game name here] servers are still online with few players for more than 15 years or so

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 18 August 2017 - 08:48 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Gani_GANz #32 Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

First lieutenant

• 15523 battles

"time to milk the last dying cow"

*Victoria*

*Defender*

*Chrysler*

*Anime*

*Tigers ; 131, 217, HT No.6*

*Armor buffs*

etc etc....

"now give us the damn milk"

Edited by Gani_GANz, 18 August 2017 - 08:47 AM.

3 Marks : T29, T-34

2 Marks : T34, Comet, T-54, STA-1, VK100.01P

FramFramson #33 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

Major

• 50209 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

Eh, they will continue for as long as they can milk Russians

This server may die or be rolled into another, but the EU server is still quite viable (the polish tank has proved EXTREMELY popular in the corresponding country) never mind the Russian one.

They will keep a server going for as long as it's profitable to do so. The game may be about to enter the "long tail" phase, but there will be somewhere you can play for the next couple years at least - if you can stand the terrible ping!

I can probably play on any other server but Russia and get better ping, and even then I might still get the same ping to a Russian server as I do now. Of course that's not the case for most of you. If the Asian server is merged, the westernmost players *might* be able to play on the Russian server, and the easternmost ones (Oz/NZ... mayyyyybe Japan) might be able to play on the NA server, but those of you in the middle will be screwed and most of those players will probably leave.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

conquisador21 #34 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

Leek Master

• 16524 battles
Might be a good idea to merge the servers. Ping won't be an issue even if the server is halfway across the world. If a third-party software for improving latency can do it why can't WG. I recently tried one by playing on EU server, and the software easily paved a better path for my packets thus reducing latency.

wasaabi #35 Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23267 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View Postconquisador21, on 20 August 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

Might be a good idea to merge the servers. Ping won't be an issue even if the server is halfway across the world. If a third-party software for improving latency can do it why can't my ISP. I recently tried one by playing on EU server, and the software easily paved a better path for my packets thus reducing latency.

FTFY

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

FramFramson #36 Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

Major

• 50209 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View Postconquisador21, on 19 August 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Might be a good idea to merge the servers. Ping won't be an issue even if the server is halfway across the world. If a third-party software for improving latency can do it why can't WG. I recently tried one by playing on EU server, and the software easily paved a better path for my packets thus reducing latency.

Sadly there are limits. WTFast and services like that can't do anything about the speed of light.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

mttspiii #37 Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:53 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33956 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostFramFramson, on 20 August 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

Sadly there are limits. WTFast and services like that can't do anything about the speed of light.

Yeah, they don't have enough psykers for faster-than-light connections through the warp. Or a Webway.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

neokai #38 Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• 41355 battles

View PostBluefunk, on 18 August 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

That reminds me, what happened to an entire country?

Huh?

View Postconquisador21, on 19 August 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

WG actually does quite a bit more than the typical game company when it comes to engaging ISPs on routing. The only other company that does more is Blizzard, and that's because they invested in their own server farms, about a decade after their mmo came out... I'm not saying WG cannot do more, but the business costs are prohibitive compared to engaging their consumers to help themselves.

View Postmttspiii, on 20 August 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

Yeah, they don't have enough psykers for faster-than-light connections through the warp. Or a Webway.

Quantum pairing/entanglement shows promise though.
Spoiler

southerner #39 Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

Captain

• 24289 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostEzz, on 17 August 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Sounds that way. We may see a few of the ANZ bunch who were happy to play west jump to sea. Tho if they were happy with ping to west, one wonders how much worse a central server would be.

Hi Ezz, was having a read of the NA forums, the American players and no doubt our "visiting" Aus and NZ players are not happy with the ping, they are saying they have gone from 30 local ping right up to 300 ping. If that keeps up, they will jump back to sea and maybe boost the numbers and playstyle here.

I will try to find the post

the merge with the west server is really bad

the playerbase is now super bad

cant carry when youre 1v9 and the game isnt even past 3minutes

idiots die and not even 11minute mark is hit

the only way you can consistently win is by platooning with equal skill

playerbase of easy level bots

first win

http://wotreplays.co...0_1er_prototype

seconds win

http://wotreplays.co...0_1er_prototype

most games arent like this though , most were rofl stomps team die in first 3minutes

Edited by ELI_KEKISTANI_ANONREEEEE, Aug 18 2017 - 19:11.

Gee it sounds like they are running to a sea game blueprint     :facepalm:

Edited by southerner, 20 August 2017 - 10:45 AM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

Centurion_MK64 #40 Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 32364 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
played a few games on the new central server and its almost like the sharks have got to it already, ping around 250 and the lag is horrible

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users