Caernarvon & British Meds

Caernavon British meds

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ensign_Brendoonigan #1 Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Sergeant

• 2216 battles

Hi guys, 

I have a shiny new Caernarvon parked in my depot now after selling off my BP to pay for the last 500k in credits for her, so I have a  bit of a dilemma.  I need to get 35k XP with British heavies so I can complete the "on track to tier X", so should I run her and continue to upgrade the modules whilst getting the crew bonuses as well, or play the Matilda and Churchill 1 for no real benefit. (is Churchill GC a benefit?) I was thinking to use a plus 100% XP boost, so if I run the Caernarvon being higher tier I should get better returns and as such get her updated faster. What are peoples thoughts on this? Also should I use my 32k free XP on her or just run her stock?

What would you recommend upgrading first, I was thinking tracks (sigh, like there's a choice), turret then 2nd gun, 2nd engine, top gun and then top engine. Does this make sense? Also is it best to run with Vents, Rammer and Vert stab?

Also I just happened to notice that I have literally every module for the Brit medium line (up to tier 8) already researched (other than the turrets) so I'm starting to think, maybe I should give them a go. Are they new player friendly as all the hard work looks pretty much done to me.  

Thanks guys

Ensign

I say old chap, how about you be a jolly good fellow and shot somone else!

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

Zerosiro #2 Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

Corporal

• 11647 battles
I remember back then, instead of upgrading tracks, I sacrificed an equipment slot to use enhanced coil springs. That way, I could mount all the other researchables without having to research the tracks first. Then run Vstab and optics I guess, but it could depend on your playstyle.

mttspiii #3 Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:48 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25642 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY
Since you don't have the credits to spam APCR from the 17-pdr, find a way to mount the 20-pdr A as soon as possible, even if it means mounting Improved Suspension (with VStab + Rammer + Optics/Vents) for a while. Then go for the elite engine first before gun or tracks; getting a good position in this tank is important and would also speed up the grind faster.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Ensign_Brendoonigan #4 Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Sergeant

• 2216 battles

I've struggled a bit with her so far getting damage in against the opfor at this stage, but then all bar 2 of my first 10 or so games have been against tier X's... I can't complain though as I am stock. However I did have one game where i ended up facing the French tier X (he was at full health) light and won. As I was surprisingly able to keep an angled front and my gun almost always trained on him as he circled me.... Alas the T62A which arrived near the end of our duel was to much for my pop gun....

So at the moment my best game is 1.8k, worst 0 dmg due to getting hit by 2 tier x tds at the same time. So a bit of a mixed bag. I have to agree that her initial slow speed is an issue and does work against your damage output, as you're always late to the party. Early days though and I sure hope she'll get better as I upgrade her whilst learning some good map positions for her.

Anyway stock guns performance leaves a lot to be desired. She's hits targets, just don't expect any pens. Even against tier 8 meds she bounces a lot. Last games 8 hits, 1 pen, and 11 hits, 2 pens..... yikes

But she's still a heck of a lot more fun that the tier s 6 & 7's to drive... I changed my mind after my teams constantly being walloped game after game but I feel I'm unable to do any real damage output..... Only 30k XP until top gun... (lol) Plenty of time to improve.

yeah.

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan, 20 August 2017 - 08:05 PM.

Ensign

Leopard 1 (VK30.01D), M48 Patton (unlocked M4AE2 & 8), FV215B (Caernarvon), TVP 50/51 (Skoda T25), Kranvagn (STRV M42)

kickim #5 Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

First lieutenant

• 35089 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

i dun play brit heavies,

but generally speaking... use em boosters and free xp em modules.

boosters n free xp can be easily earned, saved over time.

I have 99+ boosters and I use like 3 of em every day, double on weekends and I never run out of em cos I keep earning new ones.

Free xp, with boosters, it takes about a month to accumulate 50k... more than enough to free xp an entire low tier tank, or most if not all modules on a mid tier tank or just a couple of important/critical modules on a high tier tank.

Ensign_Brendoonigan #6 Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

Sergeant

• 2216 battles
I ended up free xping the turret and next gun as it's just such a lop sided affair.... I'll get back into her once I've played other lines for a few weeks for a change of pace.... lol

Ensign

Zerosiro #7 Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Corporal

• 11647 battles
If you're used to going hull down over ridge lines now, the american mediums or heavies will feel very familiar.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users